PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Physiques(7/7/11): Brian delves deep into your true goals, why you train, & staying healthy!

Jeff The Producer
07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/banners/QUANTUMPHYSIQUES-BANNER.png (http://www.rxmuscle.com/quantum-physiques-radio.html)

Quantum Physiques - Building Mind, Body and Spirit!
Hosted by Brian Cunningham!

Is Vitamin D a steroid?

What are the causes of infectious diseases? Is it exposure to other sick people, or is it mainly a function of your diet and training routine? Brian gives some tips how to keep you healthy and keep you in the gym!

What are you really after: The perfect body, or the perfect feeling? Brian delves deep into the question of why we do what we do in the gym, what distractions we have when we're lifting, and where the true focus should be during our time with the weights.

Finally, Brian answers his first listener question on the show! To submit your questions, send a PM to Jeff The Producer and Brian will read it on air!

QUANTUM PHYSIQUES is hosted by Brian Cunningham, and airs every Wednesday Night on RXMUSCLE.COM! Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the QUANTUM PHYSIQUES page of the website or simply click the link below to listen to the latest show NOW!

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts are ALWAYS available!

Click here to listen to and download Quantum Physiques NOW! (http://www.rxmuscle.com/quantum-physiques-radio.html)

ABOBO
07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Downloading now!!

ABOBO
07-07-2011, 10:04 PM
great episode and thanks for answering my question.

It would be nice to have a small segment where you bring to the table the latest quantum research and theory as its application to the physique world and also discuss remarkable incidents in the news and media that applies to quantum.

ZenFit
07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Great point….the truth is its ALL connected. Only our little minds fail to see it. The Key is to be able to integrate it all into a cohesive model that opens up our minds and helps us break free!

Dr. Houser
07-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey Brian,

Good show...appreciate the shout outs...

FYI: My favorite immune-boosting mushroom extraction complex is AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound). This is a proprietary compound produced by cultivation and enzymatic modification of several species of mushroom mycelia, including shiitake, grown in rice bran extract.

The Japanese consider it a superfood supplement in Japan. AHCC has been researched extensively for its immune-enhancement properties. According to human and animal research, AHCC may significantly increase Natural Killer (NK) Cell activity. AHCC may also increase macrophage activity, enhance cytokine production, and support the healthy functioning of the liver as well as act as an antioxidant.

We've actually gotten into using this in the hospital system and to everyone looking for a great liver boost (say with the use of C-17-alpha-alkylated PHs or oral steroids like Var, albeit mild...especially though if you combine those things with alcohol and/or acetaminophen [Tylenol]).

For anyone looking for a sound brand that won't break the bank...Jarrow Formulations has a wonderful 500mg supplement for about $20-$25. I would still take about 1-2grams over the day; but its probably the best supplement from the mushroom class you can take for immunity.

So - if you're feeling under the weather Jeff...that's what I would recommend.

As for Echinacea; its VERY mixed. There's actually a great reference known as "The Natural Standard" which does a wonderful job summarizing all the studies on this compound for those interested.

I am still listening; so I will reserve further comment for now...

D_

ZenFit
07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Dana thanks for listening to the show and adding your 2 cents….or in your case, roughly $200 given your hourly rate! lol

Yes, I know AHCC well, thanks for reminding me! Great to hear its good for the liver too.

Pizzorno & Murray in Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine tout Echinacea and I respect these two esteemed naturopaths hence the reason for recommending it. They cite over "three-hundred scientific investigations into the immune enhancing effects of echinacea" on p. 374.

Gotta love that famous bodybuilder Henry David Thoreau eh? lol

I think he wrote "Walden Pond Diet & Fitness Secrets" :yep:

This Is War
07-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Another thought provoking show!

ZenFit
07-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Another thought provoking show!

Thanks bro! On the sex thing - the evidence for sex and chasing it making us 'unhappy' on a deeper level is overwhelming. On a genetic level, there is a lot of WAR with all that lovin! For example, after conception - the man has a gene that tries to make the fetus become a cancer! To overwhelm the womans body.

And the woman has a gene that tries to abort the fetus - to get rid of it! Its only when both people have these genes does the 'dance' of love end up with a baby! Talk about the 'War of the Roses!"

Scholar Matt Ridley has termed sex and its larger result (evolution) a useless "arms race" - 99% off all species are extinct, so almost all species go extinct. EO Wilson has said intelligence is probably an evolutionary dead end. ('Arms race' meaning faster cheetahs produce faster gazelle, and so on - no end in sight, no ultimate end goal. In the end the fastest cheetahs and gazelle will still be the ones to go extinct).

No wonder Lao Tzu, the Buddha, Rumi, most of the saints of Christianity and Jesus (the list goes on and on) were not known to have been romantically involved. (The Buddha was married with kids before, but he left them all to seek enlightenment - and after that told his followers to abandon their wives or husbands!)

But down here on 'Planet of the Apes' sex rules! :yep:

KD2552
07-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Dr Houser, Would you recommend taking the AHCC only when you start to feel sick? Or everyday for overall immune support? Oh and great show as always Brian.

RawLifter
07-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I am seriously addicted to this podcast. I usually listen to it early in the morning (4:30AM) while doing my cardio while walking my dog. The show + my environment/scenery just goes hand in hand. Very enlightening.

ZenFit
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I am seriously addicted to this podcast. I usually listen to it early in the morning (4:30AM) while doing my cardio while walking my dog. The show + my environment/scenery just goes hand in hand. Very enlightening.

Great to hear. Feel free to suggest areas you want the show to go in. For example, I heard a few people mention more on the quantum physics stuff and how we can use that to lead more successful lives, so I plan to do more of that.