PDA

View Full Version : NPC Maryland State Bikini prep journal

sgkelley
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I am starting a blog here to let you know about my journey through the NPC.

I had my first NPC bikini contest 2 weeks (NPC Tracey Greenwood Classic) and placed 4th in my class. I was happy with the way I looked, loved my tan, hair, makeup and all my support that was there and that has helped me in the process. Especially my coach who constantly motivates me and is there for me (Phil Nohe).

Today I am almost 6 weeks out from my next show. The NPC Maryland State/East Coast Classic Show. I have several goals I want to achieve before and for the show.

First, posing posing posing!!!! Must get that down. I need to look more confident on stage and not be so nervous. But I don't know if I'm actually nervous or if it's an adrenaline rush. It's probably a rush because I feel the same way when I do something like bungee jumping :D

Second, Get LEAN MACHINE!!!! I am going to be comparing my stats from my last contest to this one such as what i weighed and my waist measurements each week and my weekly progress pics.

Stats from the 6/25 show of when I was.....

6 weeks out 138 lbs

5 weeks out 135 lbs

4 weeks out 132.8 lbs

3 weeks out 130.2

2 weeks out 129.6

day of contest: 125.4 lbs

So right now at 6 weeks and 2 days out I am 129.2. 9 lbs less than what I was when I was 6 weeks out from my other show! :D Not too shabby :D

I am going to run more but to be careful so that I don't jack my knee up. I am going to throw the insanity workout 2 a week because in the beginning of training for the last show i think it was really helping me drop cuz that shi# is HARD!!! so i think a couple of times a week to mix things up for cardio is great :D

I was on a new diet last week and unfortunately having the carbs makes me crave more, it's weird. So my coach and I decided we will go back to what I know I can stick with so that I don't cheat. My goal is to have no cheating whatsoever in prep for this contest. I am dead serious and I'm really being held accountable. And hello, I will have a six pack for this show and I want this so bad. I am so lucky to have my fiance and a new friend to both help me get my workouts in and to push me to that next level.

My coach is awesome and he is really there for you. I meet with him once a week to train and so he can see updates on me and it's always nice to get a little pep talk :D If you are thinking about competing or already are and want to look him up contact me. He does both natural organizations (which is where I did my first show) and the NPC. He has a lot of Pro Card holders and is REALLY good at what he does. His name is Phil Nohe. GO TEAM NOHE!!!

I will be posting updates constantly and would love to hear feedback as well :D

Train hard, don't under rest, eat right :D

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow girl! Look at you kickin it in the off season! WHOOO HOO!

Welcome to RxGirl. I'm in for this ride! ;)

Post up some pics! :)

sgkelley
07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

My name is Stephani and I wanted to keep a journal and share with everyone my prep for my second show which is the NPC Maryland State Show for the Bikini division.

So coming off of my first show 2 weeks ago (NPC Tracey Greenwood Classic) I learned A LOT. First I need to come in leaner, Second I looove my legs and butt, third is practice practice practice posing so as to look comfortable on stage, fourth do all cardio for the day even if you're tired (I have learned it's easiest if I get it done first thing in the morning), Fifth have a prep coach and support system they will get you through the thick and the thin.

This saturday I will be 6 weeks out from the show. I am currently 10 lbs lighter than when i was 6 weeks out from my last show. :D :D :D

the hardest part about prep is not getting injured. from the constant amount of cardio that i need to do (since i have lost over 20lbs to compete) that it all begins to take it's toll. However, I have realized how mentally strong I am and that we are only human. We are going to make mistakes and from that we must learn. For years I have tried to lose weight and I finally understand what works for my body. It's crazy how in tune you can become.

My plan is to use this journal in hopes that there will be some suggestions of how i can better myself as well as to increase the amount of people who support my passion and ambition for this sport. I have grown up playing many sports and love that competitive feel. The only thing is that physique contests are all up to YOU!!! you are solely responsible for the way your body will look and present itself in the end.

Can't wait for my second show! Anyone have any opinions maybe on ideas for cardio that they love that don't bore them. :D

Sunnyday
07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Another Marylander! Welcome! :flowers:

Sounds like you learned all the right lessons in your first show and are definitely in a good place mentally and physically for your next one. Looking forward to following you through your prep.

The Prodigy
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM
WELCOME lady! Glad to see you here! What do you currently do for cardio? Who does your prep work?

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-08-2011, 01:10 AM
WE ARE ALL HERE TO SUPPORT YOU GIRL! YOU LOOK GREAT! And I'm excited that you learned from your first show and are moving forward instead of giving up!

ALSO CONGRATS ON YOUR OVER 20LB LOSS!!! HECK YAH!!!

sgkelley
07-08-2011, 06:42 AM
WELCOME lady! Glad to see you here! What do you currently do for cardio? Who does your prep work?

Thank You! I can't believe it's taken me a while to get to RX but now that I am on I am excited to read everything this site and it's members have to say.

I do a mix of things for cardio. I will do some track work of walk/sprints for 30 mins or a stationary bike (the one's with the tv and you race) or the stairmill or stepper (depending if the stairmill is taken up) or my favorite just walking. I have to be a little careful of doing too much running or my knee starts to bother me. Oh and maybe once or twice a week I do the insanity workout as well. So far so good right now. Maybe I found a balance. What do you think about swimming? I may want to do try doing that.

My coach is Phil Nohe. Go TEAM NOHE! And he is awesome! I constantly have questions or love updating him on my progress. Not only is he a coach but a friend as well. Even when he wasn't my prep coach and he saw me at the gym he was always helping me whether it's with diets, or something different for cardio, or even a new workout routine.

sgkelley
07-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Thank you all for the welcome!!!!

Today I'm up to go to my coaches gym to train. I need a my butt kicked too! But it sure does get kicked a lot during the week. I am going to post a leg workout that I did with my friend from wednesday and you guys should try it, let me tell you, legs = tired. I am so used to going heavy on everything and now I am doing high reps of low weight or bodyweight and this workout for legs was.....well you will see when you try it, will have that workout posted later today.

Ibarramedia
07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Welcome Stephani Hail to the Redskins!

katt981
07-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Cardio ideas? I love Zumba.. pretty intense, but it does the trick in an hour and leaves you really sweaty..

my fall-back is the stepmill.. toughest piece of machine in the gym.. gotta love it!

sgkelley
07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
OH MY GOD!!! Had my training session with my coach today (Phil Nohe) and man, let me tell you, i was def done when I left there. Got my workout program written up of what I need to do at the gym. Lots of reps, abs, booty, basically hits everything. But man, the step mill program, doing Every other step for so many minutes then to every step at a faster pace for another like 4 mins and only doing that for 15 mins KILLED me! But i loved it at the same time. Doing a little bit of Tabata training as well and did 20 mins of walking. Only have 20 more mins of cardio to do today but i'm saving that to do with the dog and my man.

I am extra hungry and tired today but feel so driven at the same time. Tomorrow and Sunday I have my bootcamps to run but I will also be taking part of them so i can get my workout/cardio in yayyyyyyy

So far I am loving my diet, kind of went back to what i was doing for the previous contest which was high protein and green veggies and the only carbs are what's in the veggies and 1/4 cup of chickpeas.

My favorite meal is Tuna, Green Beans, chickpeas and a dash of parmesan cheese with lemon juice. I could eat this EVERY meal. Well I could eat eggs too every meal. I have 6 egg whites and 1 whole egg and usually cook them in a pan and top it with 2 tbsp of salsa :D if not cooked then hard boiled LOOOOOVE EGGS :D

The areas I really want to improve for this show are to be leaner, bring the size of my legs down a bit which will happen as i continue to lose fat (i don't want to lose my muscle) and to really get some definition in my arms, and see ABS for the first time in my life and keep them. I believe all of that will come down to 100% on my diet and conditioning. The lifting will be big as well but overall conditioning is a focus for me.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I LOVE EGGS !!!!! Thank god, I thought I was the only one!

Have you tried Salsa Verde!? I put that on like EVERYTHING!

sgkelley
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
no i actually have not tried salsa verde, can i get it anywhere?

I have a question for everyone? How do you become more confident and natural on stage? I want to present myself well but i don't want to appear like i'm trying too hard or not enough. I know that when this show comes around I am going to be super excited to present myself on stage but still, being up in front of people is a rush and makes me nervous too.

Sunnyday
07-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Do you live far from the gym where you train with Phil? If it is the gym I am thinking of, I am about 25 min from there.

sgkelley
07-09-2011, 07:18 AM
i live about 30 mins from the gym. it's in churchville md

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-09-2011, 11:52 PM
no i actually have not tried salsa verde, can i get it anywhere?

I have a question for everyone? How do you become more confident and natural on stage? I want to present myself well but i don't want to appear like i'm trying too hard or not enough. I know that when this show comes around I am going to be super excited to present myself on stage but still, being up in front of people is a rush and makes me nervous too.

Yeup!!! Trader Joes has my favorite! Its like 10cals per Tablespoon! Check my journal I posted up a pic in the first couple of pages!

sgkelley
07-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeup!!! Trader Joes has my favorite! Its like 10cals per Tablespoon! Check my journal I posted up a pic in the first couple of pages!

Awesome! will do! :D

sgkelley
07-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Soooo,

Today is less than 6 weeks out from the show! Yesterday I was really dragging. My big puppy kept me up all night and at around 6 am figured out that it was his tail that was hurting him and he was trying to lay on top of me so his tail wouldn't touch anything. We took him swimming on Friday for the first time and he LOOOOOVED it. Well apparently he swam and jumped in the water so much that he got what the vet called "swimmer's tail". Unfortunately they said they would give him a pain shot which basically turned out to be morphine. Let's just say it wasn't pretty for our dog. Had to watch him when he got home and we were worried that they gave him too much.
Then there was my bootcamp that I had to go run. I usually take part in it so that I get a great workout too. Boy was I feeling not having slept. So after bootcamp I went home and texted my coach to let him know that today i was having carbs. and i did. So happy that i did though. I slept as well from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Woke up, stomach didn't feel that great (surprise surprise for me) and fell back asleep around 9:30 pm. It's now 7:30, i have been up for an hour, downloaded new music, made some fresh brewed tea for my hubby so when he wakes up it can be cold, and had breakfast.
leaving in about a half hour to go run my sunday class of Stephani "Killer" Kelley Bootcamp and I am thinking I am going to take part today. I'm feeling a lot better. Afterwards going to the gym right across the street to start the new workout program my coach has me on to really work on getting me lean and sexy. ha, me sexy, hahahahahaha.
Goal for this week is to drop 2 lbs, so to get down to 127. I can do this I just hope the body cooperates as well. But that's one reason for having a coach, to get me through those trouble weight spots where your body does more resisting but i know that the key is to stay consistent.

I think today I just might be hitting 2 hours of cardio. one hour of bootcamp and 1 hour on top of my workout at the gym. This is why i love the weekends. I feel like it's gives me a kickstart on my fat loss for the week. :D

Sunnyday
07-10-2011, 03:11 PM
i live about 30 mins from the gym. it's in churchville md

Yep. That's the one I thought it was. Nice gym, love the pool there too. I used to belong there before getting married and moving to Cecil County. Now I'm closer to Elkton. Next week I'll be at the college every day taking my oldest to camp. That puts a damper in my own WOs but camp options are slim in our area.

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Weekends ARE great. I feel like thats the only time I really get to 'train' . . . because though I train all week. I'm super rushed during my week work outs.

Go get it girl, burn off those carbs!

sgkelley
07-11-2011, 01:56 PM
today i feel sooooo much better. I don't know what was going on with me this weekend but something was off and was feeling exhausted. I think i slept most of my weekend but so worth it. Today is the first time that I have felt so good about myself that I actually ran without a shirt at the track. It's the best I have looked in my life and to think that I have a little less than 6 weeks to the NPC Maryland State show and I am SUPER SUPER pumped. A new friend of mine saw my pics and actually offered to edit them some. I am going to post a booty shot from the contest and a picture from today. :D

sgkelley
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
booty shot from 6/25
and front shot from today

Sunnyday
07-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Lookin' great!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Girl you look GREAT ! I love it, you SHOULD be confident! You're sexy work it work it!

bb1129
07-11-2011, 06:31 PM
good luck from ellicott city md!

sgkelley
07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
thank you!

sgkelley
07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
oh my goodness, what a freakin day. past 2 days the gum tissue way in the back of my mouth has been swollen. last night it was throbbing soooo bad that I even took a pain killer for it and that only worked for a little while. As soon as my dentists office opened i was there. She looked at me and said that it was life threatening the infection since the pain had spread down to my neck. She said i could have been in the hospital tmrw or this weekend. I have never had anything wrong with my teeth/mouth. Cavity free etc, i take very good care of them and they are my pride and joy. Well The wisdom tooth that was partially erupted had to come out along with some other stuff, i think gum tissue. Let me tell you, THAT WAS NOT FUN! I was not sedated, it SUCKED!!! I couldn't go to an oral surgeon because she said that i wouldn't be seen to next week. so this was my only option.
Right now I am doped up on meds, have one contact out so i'm half blind, in pain, weak and all i want to do is keep training and dieting for the contest.
So I can't chew and i can't really open my mouth. So i'm going to be living off of shakes. My current diet is:
Breakfast: lots egg whites and a whole egg
snack; green beans, tuna, 1/4 cup chickpeas
lunch: 6 oz chix and broccoli
snack: whey protein shake
dinner: 4 oz chix green beans and asparagus.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can do for the next few days that will keep me on my diet through the shakes I would really appreciate it. Just drinking that shake over and over again is not going to be fun. :(

oh the pain, SUCKS!!! can't wait to be me again.

katt981
07-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Oh geez, that's horrible! I'm sorry that had to happen to you... must have been tramatic since you've never had problems before. It'll get better day by day though, just keep your head up and keep spoonin' those shakes in! :hmn:

sgkelley
07-14-2011, 07:27 PM
thank you, and man, those needles, and the grinding and pushing and digging and pulling, no, no thank you, never ever ever ever again, but at least i'm not in the hospital and my fiance was able to take off work to take care of me.

Sunnyday
07-14-2011, 09:27 PM
If you have a food processor, you can grind up your cooked/portioned whole food meals sorta like baby food. It will end up a little thicker than shake consistency if you cook the veggies well.

Hope you feel better soon!

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:20 PM
I absolutely HATE the dentist so I'm going to have to skip over that whole thing, lol. BUT You are so in my thoughts and just rest, get lots of fluids and try to remain calm.

sgkelley
07-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I talked to my coach and we are going to do shakes until my jaw and mouth can handle food. I can barely open my mouth. so what i did was take carton egg whites and whisked them with chocolate whey protein and a little bit of splenda and put it in the freezer. I think all the meds are killing my appetite but I really need to keep my fluid intake up and to get my protein in. Thank you all for your thoughts. All I need is some time and can't wait to get at it hard again (hopefully monday :D )

sgkelley
07-22-2011, 06:09 PM
GUESS WHAT!? I'M BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!
I am off of antibiotics, mouth feels great, and in kick a#$ mode!!
Tuesday was my first official day back to weight training and on my diet program after 1 week off. poop. My coach (Phil Nohe) trained me on Tuesday and what a great way to get back into it. He is so motivating and was so happy to have my butt kicked...usually i'm kicking my clients' butts.
Anyways, I weighed myself yesterday and was 127.2. So at about 4.5 weeks out from my show I am 5 lbs lighter than my last show when i was 4 weeks out.
Right now it's game on. these next 4 weeks are so important and I'm going to give some details about it.
My coach and I talked about what needs to be done in order for me to come in the way we want me to.
i am now working out twice a day. I am 3 days a week in a gym and 4 days at home. I do a certain leg circuit everyday and 30 mins of cardio prebreakfast. Then in the evening on my non gym days i have another workout to do that is my AT HOME workout and at least another 30 mins of cardio. Some of this stuff is outside and let me tell you, this humidity is BBAAAAAADDDD!!!!! good thing i like to sweat (only when i'm working out) :D
My diet changes on saturday. I have been on the same diet for the last 3.5 weeks and I can't wait to start my new one.
We are going to whole foods, very very few carbs (just enough to keep me from going into ketosis) and some good healthy fats. so you know what that means....if i cheat it won't work. I can't do any cheating from here on out and i definitely need the accountability. Now only if we could stop keeping peanut butter in the house. I had bought some the other day for my fiance, and you know what, I ate some. I knew i couldn't stop so i threw it away. Then his parents bought some and gave it to him. Great, and you know what happened today, i ate some. So let's just say that this new diet is really going to hold me accountable.

do any of you LOVE to chew gum!? I use to chew soooo much but ever since the last contest I have only had 2 pieces in the last 3 weeks. so weird.
But here's the thing....I want to win so bad but we are all human and we all have cravings, so what do you do to fight it off. I'm great when I'm busy all day and can stay out of the house but if i'm at home for a bit, uh oh. it sucks. so any help of how to fight it off would be great.

4 weeks, 4 weeks, 4 weeks, i want abs, i want abs :D
goal by July 30th is 123 lbs. so need to drop about 3-4 lbs. that also happens to be the day of my first dress fitting for my wedding gown (less than 2 months til i'm married). I had to reorder it 2 sizes smaller since i've lost so much weight and now i can't wait to see how it fits. I know the waist will have to come in but since i have a back and some boobs we will see what happens. maybe i'll get a pic that day and post it :D

Theme song right now: DJ Khaled's "all i do is win" :D

sgkelley
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
So here's an update of what's been going on.

Dieting hard, training hard and doing my favorite, cough cough, cardio.
Today I am officially 124.4. That is 5 lbs less than what i was when i was 2 weeks out from my last show and one pound less than the day of my last show! yayyyyyyy!
my training for the past few days has still been full body but my new absolute favorite is Tabata training. OMG!!! my muscles were cramping by the 5th round out of the 8. Doing my full body was in less than an hour. It was honestly the fastest hour and most effective of lifting I have had in a while. and fun in it's own sick way :D

Yesterday I got to have a huge steak and white potato and today I weighed less. My body looooooved taking in that food :D

Today though i woke up with a headache that is now a migraine and feeling nauseous too. yay! not!.
Anyways, there are 12 days left til show time and i am getting my posing down. Tomorrow i'm going to practice with a friend of mine after my coach is done training me. I am feeling nervous but today more confident. I know that I look better than my last contest and can't wait to see what the end result is this time and compare to last time. Any tips on stage presence?

Sunnyday
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey girl! So glad to have you back! I've been on vacation and still catching up on journals. 12 days out is gonna fly by! I am bummed that your show is in Rockville. If it was in Baltimore or farther north, I'd be there to cheer you on. I'll just have to root for you from Cecil County. Woot! ;)

The Prodigy
08-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Do you have Phil Nohe's email address? Can you email or PM it to me?

Glad you are back!!!! I missed you!

Stage presence...practice, practice, practice...watch videos on Utube of other girls.....

ValeneJ
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Steph goodluck and keep up the good work :)

I am new to this site as well. My name is Valene and I will also be competing at the MDs in the bikini division. I am super excited and been training hard for 11 weeks now. I am not sure about you but I am ready for an ICE CREAM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It's been 12 weeks since I have had my favorite fixing for my sweet tooth lol. Anyways I was reading about your tooth and what is so crazy I have been having the exact same problem the last few weeks with a wisdom that has been in for years. I go to the dentist Thursday to make sure there is no infection and hopefully will be ok to wait to have it pulled til after the show. This close I would hate to be down any days at all. I look forward to meeting you and keep up the great work girl ;)...

sgkelley
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Do you have Phil Nohe's email address? Can you email or PM it to me?

Glad you are back!!!! I missed you!

Stage presence...practice, practice, practice...watch videos on Utube of other girls.....

Going to PM you his email address? I let him know that you are going to email him :D
BTW you are JACKED!!!!! it's awesome!

Today I had training day with my coach then practiced posing with a friend and fellow competitor and he told me not to change anything about my posing. That was such a relief. I found a little trick. :D I put on ear phones and listened to music so loud and something that I could dance to and just walked and posed. After I got comfortable with that I took them out and just keep the tune in my head. It worked!!!!! now i told my friend to do the same because I know how she feels and want to help her too!

OMG, i have watched what other people may think TOO MANY videos of girls walking and posing. EVERYDAY i watch, i almost feel like a stalker, lol but hey, whatever works, if i want to be a pro one day or do well in this i need to pose like the pros :D

Thanks for following my journey, it's almost done! I want to keep track of what happens after the show as well. :D

sgkelley
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey Steph goodluck and keep up the good work :)

I am new to this site as well. My name is Valene and I will also be competing at the MDs in the bikini division. I am super excited and been training hard for 11 weeks now. I am not sure about you but I am ready for an ICE CREAM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It's been 12 weeks since I have had my favorite fixing for my sweet tooth lol. Anyways I was reading about your tooth and what is so crazy I have been having the exact same problem the last few weeks with a wisdom that has been in for years. I go to the dentist Thursday to make sure there is no infection and hopefully will be ok to wait to have it pulled til after the show. This close I would hate to be down any days at all. I look forward to meeting you and keep up the great work girl ;)...

Yeah, definitely get that checked out. That stuff can get bad very quickly and you can end up in the hospital and die from it. I was like WHAT!?
what height class will you be in, I'm 5'3" so i'll be in short.
I started dieting back in January when my fiance was diagnosed with cancer and now he is better :D I wanted to be lean and healthy for us both. It was a very slippery slope to go down when we were in and out of doctor's appointments and constantly eating out at like Jake's burgers and getting burgers and shakes and eating at buffets and you get the point. So i had enough. I have lost a total of 26 lbs and haven't been this small since i don't know what. For the past let me see, 10 years, i have sat between 140-150, and was never able to stay below 140.
today I am officially 124.4 and weigh 5 lbs less than my last contest and one pound less than the day of. I want to constantly improve myself and to one day go to communities and teach young girls about self-confidence, health and fitness. kids these days are so cruel and health and education are not being taught the way they should.
Can't wait to meet you!
i friended you on facebook

ValeneJ
08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I will be in the tall class. I have always trained and kept my diet very clean but I wanted to take this to the next level. We played with my diet since March. I miss my PB and Bananas :( LOL. It feels great to work soooo hard and get amazing results huh? You go girl. I have been a dancer, cheerleader and gymnast my whole life and had extremely muscular legs so I had to focus on breaking them down with Plyos...OH BOY let me say it has been a journey of blood, sweat and tears (not literally but I am sure you get the point lol.)

Cant wait to meet you and so happy to meet someone who will be doing this to. I know how hard it can get as it's completely a life changing experience. As for your fiance I am sooo soo sorry to hear that and both of you are in my thoughts and many prayers. God Bless sweetie xo

sgkelley
08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Peanut butter is my weakness. First i had to put it in the cupboard where i couldnt reach it but that didnt work so i threw it away and there it stayed. I def love whoever came up with sugar free pops. Around that time of the month like a few days before and during it are baaaaaad and a frozen mouth with some fruity deliciousness helps

sgkelley
08-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Today final week prep begins!!!! Let me tell you I missed oatmeal sooooooo much!!!! I can't wait to see the final product on saturday :D

sgkelley
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
It is 4 days out until SHOW TIME!!!!!!
My workouts have slowed down, nothing difficult, cardio is a piece of cake, mmmmmm cake (lol), and I think my posing is down.

I am getting some carbs in the morning, and let me tell you, I LOVE my eggs and oatmeal. I love to mix them together and sprinkle a little bit of splenda and cinnamon, yummmyyyyyy!

Bought some of the stuff that I need the for the show like cheesecake, wine, snickers, rice cakes, jelly, a ton of distilled water, more asparagus (I took all of it at walmart) more chicken, and everything else I have.

My friend who does my hair and make up for my show colored and cleaned up my hair and gave me some style. I actually look like a woman now and not a little girl. We also did a practice run of how to do my hair the day of this time.

I have already started scrubbing myself and I used this sea scrub that is used for pedicures but the thing is that it doesn't have all those oils in it that most scrubs have. When I was done my whole body felt minty fresh and I think every pore was breathing :D

Tomorrow I begin taking in more carbs and a little more each day...yayyyy!!!!
I reached my goal weight on Monday of getting to about 123 before cutting water. I weighed 123.6. Tuesday I was 124.4 so I am really hoping that I drop a good bit of water and come in nice and tight for the show. Looking to be about 119 the day of the show. How awesome is that!? That's 6 lbs lighter than my last show. There should be a huge difference. I am ready to take on the stage. My posing is spot on and thank goodness for my fiance. He has such a great eye for what does and doesn't look good. We sit there and together watch videos of girls posing and he will tell me how and what I need to change. When I made the changes he wanted....what a difference!!!

My coach though, Phil Nohe, is the best! I don't know how many times I have texted and called him or basically have gone crazy but he was and is my huge source of support. Every week when i went to go train with him I loved not just for me to get my butt kicked but for like a pep talk each time. It was like he revamps you even more to go out and dominate! He has taken such good care of me and can't wait to see what the future has in store for us and Team Nohe. :D

The NPC MD state show has over 25 vendors and there are going to be a lot of people there. It would be cool though if someone liked the way i looked and wanted to use me for their company or site.

My plans after the show....
Sunday Aug 21. Fogo De Chao (brazilian steakhouse) and then go to cheesecake factory.

Take 1 week off from training but do light cardio then back to it because I am getting married in 4 weeks and need to make sure that dress fits :D I got that sucker tight!

My goal is to compete in the Arnold Amateur bikini show in March. I'm already thinking about what I want to improve on my body and how I want to go about doing that. I am looking to stay at about the same weight I am and add some lean mass and when I have to start cutting again I won't have to lose 27 lbs. I'll have a much better starting base. I am so excited for what the future has in store.

I will post results the day after the show or you can see my updates on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephani-Kelley/137994592950181

Have a great week everyone and I'll be talking to you soon :D

ValeneJ
08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
GO GIRL! I bet you look awesome and not only do you look but you will feel awesome as well! I am getting super excited with some nerves of course but that is natural.

How long have you been cutting your carbs for? I bet your excited to be getting them back in.

Anyways just wanted to drop in say keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting ya!

Oh I am making a big batch of my chocolate covered peanut butter cookies that are to die for. I will have bags of them hopefully enough for everyone after the show :) However, seems when I make these things they get demolished pretty quickly lmao! See ya Saturday girl...

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to see pics!!!!

sgkelley
08-18-2011, 08:18 AM
GO GIRL! I bet you look awesome and not only do you look but you will feel awesome as well! I am getting super excited with some nerves of course but that is natural.

How long have you been cutting your carbs for? I bet your excited to be getting them back in.

Anyways just wanted to drop in say keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting ya!

Oh I am making a big batch of my chocolate covered peanut butter cookies that are to die for. I will have bags of them hopefully enough for everyone after the show :) However, seems when I make these things they get demolished pretty quickly lmao! See ya Saturday girl...

Hey girly!!!!
I am very very very very excited. I feel awesome and ready to go! Like i actually can't wait to get on stage. It seems each time i get on stage i like being up there more and more. This is the best I have ever looked and hopefully I can stay around this weight and prep for arnold amateurs (crossing my fingers) Slowly I am achieving my little dreams that accumulate into my big overall dream :D

I actually do a lot better when I don't have carbs like fruit, grains, potatos etc. For some reason it makes me crave more and then I end up eating more. Coming off my last contest my coach had created a plan for me and initially I was so excited to have all these carbs but I couldn't do it, lol. So we worked it out to something that I knew I could handle. My favorite meal is green beans, tuna, chickpeas and 2 tbls of reduced fat parm. yum yum yum yum yummmmmmmmm.

Can't wait to see what everyone's final product looks like and hoping to take lots of pictures. There is going to be a lot of great girls competing and I think everyone is going to be good competition for each other so it is going to be a job for the judges :D

Chocolate covered peanut butter cookies!!!!??? omg I'm going to come up to you and be like...Please Valene, I'd like some more. and put my hands out lol

sooooooooo excited, i am so excited that I don't even need coffee anymore and boy do i drink coffee.

SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!!!! :D

sgkelley
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Oh there will be :D
Hoping to take lots and lots of pics. I have to remember and cherish these moments. When I'm 70 I want to look back at these pics and remember what I've done and be like hell yeah, that's me. and hopefully still have a great physiqe then as well ;)

sgkelley
08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
2 DAYS OUT!!!

No more working out from here on out. Just need to go for a walk. Weight is sitting at 123.6. So 2 lbs lighter than the day of my last contest. There are going to be huuuuuuuge changes in these next 2 days. I have already been exfoliating. Have to prep some food for the next few days. A lot of cleaning to be done at the house. Need to pack my stuff.
It is so nice to have a friend who owns a salon who does my hair and makeup for the show. She is soooo good. We are actually bringing like a portable hair dryer (the one that goes over your head and you just sit there) and lots of other goodies. What's great about using her is that we are able to do practice runs, she does stuff to my hair the week before, makes my nails awesome and does everything!!! It's like my own personal stylist. Ladies, if you ever need someone for hair and makeup or anything she does it all! Contest or no contest she is superb. So if anyone is ever interested let me know and I can let you know who she is. I don't just want to give her name and info away lol

So for this contest I thought i was going to go with a different bikini but decided to stick to my black one. just something about it that myself and the judges said fits perfectly. I have some hot pink nails right now and have some great friends who want to loan me jewelry for the show.

I can not wait to meet all the great people that I have met on facebook who will be at or competing in the show!! Good luck to us all!

Tomorrow and saturday I will post what else is going on and let you know how my water drop is going.

Time to get up on stage and bring some sass with class (along with my a$$)

Shake your money maker!!!

katt981
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
2 Days!!! Woo Hoo! GO ROCK IT!

ValeneJ
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Hahaha your so silly girl! I can't wait super excited. Reminds me of my days back in dance when I was younger and cheerleading.

I miss my fruits and all :( can't wait to attack a banana. Only carb I eat really is sweet potato and oats. My body doesn't process brown rice very well for some reason. My favorite meal would have to be my protein pancakes MMMMMMM MMMMMM can't wait til I can put some PB on them YUM :)

I def agree lots of great competition. Everyone is already a winner for all they have put into this with the hard work and dedication this takes.

Look forward to seeing ya girlie. I am staying in rockville tonight :)

XO

katt981
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I imagine it helps if you are experienced in dance & cheerleading for your moves on stage. I tried to take an adult hip-hop dance class (well, took it for 2 years) totally TRAIN WRECK>>> LMAO!!!

Those moves are harder than they look.. .. ha ha

sgkelley
08-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Hahaha your so silly girl! I can't wait super excited. Reminds me of my days back in dance when I was younger and cheerleading.

I miss my fruits and all :( can't wait to attack a banana. Only carb I eat really is sweet potato and oats. My body doesn't process brown rice very well for some reason. My favorite meal would have to be my protein pancakes MMMMMMM MMMMMM can't wait til I can put some PB on them YUM :)

I def agree lots of great competition. Everyone is already a winner for all they have put into this with the hard work and dedication this takes.

Look forward to seeing ya girlie. I am staying in rockville tonight :)

XO

I'll be staying at that hotel too tonight. Too bad we are missing the ravens game but tonight and tomorrow and maybe the day after,lol, it's about me :D
I won't get to the hotel prob until around 10/11 tonight. Wish it wasn't so late but the soon to be hubby has to work

See you soon :D

sgkelley
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I imagine it helps if you are experienced in dance & cheerleading for your moves on stage. I tried to take an adult hip-hop dance class (well, took it for 2 years) totally TRAIN WRECK>>> LMAO!!!

Those moves are harder than they look.. .. ha ha

I actually had a friend recommend i take some of those classes so I'd be more comfortable with moving around. People keep saying you need to sex it up or flirt on stage and i have to laugh. I can only be cute but I think this time around I feel a lot more comfortable with my posing because I feel and look better as well. hmmm how about that? funny how they go hand in hand

Sunnyday
08-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Finally catching up in here after losing internet for the week. Hope your comp went well. :D

sgkelley
08-21-2011, 12:49 PM
sooo the competition has happened and is now over with.
Unfortunately I placed 5th. During prejudging I was moved twice and moved to the direct center. I was told by even people that I didn't know that I looked great, my posing was awesome and i brought the most sass to the stage. So what on earth happened between prejudging and finals that landed me 5th. All I know is I am going to wait to hear feedback from my coach of why I placed 5th and to focus on my wedding and to make further improvements. Thank you all for your support and advice. I am going to keep pushing forward and still try to be my best :D

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Girl, TOP 5 is nothing to be sad about though!!! Also if it was a small show you never really know about politics etc. As long as you felt that you brought the best YOU to the stage thats all that matters! Focus on now looking like one badass mamajamma for your WEDDING! HOW EXCITING!

Can't wait to see some pics of the comp!

sgkelley
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I am definitely over about the placing and i have now set some new goals for myself. I am going to take a few days off (especially since my body hurts) and going to learn a lot from this show. The show is one of the biggest shows on the east coast. Everyone looked great and I am happy that it was really good competition. Over 21 girls had competed in bikini.
I can't wait to see pics but my fiance is always honest with me about stuff and said i actually looked better at my last show. Even though I weighed less he said he couldn't see any definition. So I think I know what went wrong during my final week prep because the monday before the show I looked awesome!!!!!

Can't wait to get back into it but I know that my body needs a break. Can't wait to write about my offseason and what changes and improvements i'm going to make. :D

Sunnyday
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Congrats on your placing, I read somewhere else that it was a really tough class. So a top 5 in a TOUGH class with so many competitors is AWESOME! Extra congrats for coming in to this show looking better than your last, that is always what you want to accomplish is taking a step up. :)

What kinda goals are you setting for your offseason?

sgkelley
08-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Congrats on your placing, I read somewhere else that it was a really tough class. So a top 5 in a TOUGH class with so many competitors is AWESOME! Extra congrats for coming in to this show looking better than your last, that is always what you want to accomplish is taking a step up. :)

What kinda goals are you setting for your offseason?

My main goals are to add a lot of mass to abs and shoulders, and a bit to my tris, hams, and quads.

During all that I want to stay lean and once I have put the mass on to strip my fat off and be a lean mean machine :D

Sunnyday
08-22-2011, 05:06 PM
I love setting goals for offseason. Looking forward to following your progress. :D

sgkelley
08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
If anyone has any advice in helping me get to these goals i would greatly appreciate or when I post what I'm doing I would definitely appreciate any critiques. Once pics are up I would love to hear some of your opinions on what I can improve on. :D I already know that I need to get leaner

katt981
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I actually had a friend recommend i take some of those classes so I'd be more comfortable with moving around. People keep saying you need to sex it up or flirt on stage and i have to laugh. I can only be cute but I think this time around I feel a lot more comfortable with my posing because I feel and look better as well. hmmm how about that? funny how they go hand in hand

ha ha, yeah. I orginally did it to get over the 'stage fright' thing. It definitely helped performing in front of an audience trying to remember what you're suppose to do. I keep thinking... well, all I have to do in a comp is walk out in heels.. I totally have this.. lol

Sunnyday
08-24-2011, 10:31 PM
If anyone has any advice in helping me get to these goals i would greatly appreciate or when I post what I'm doing I would definitely appreciate any critiques. Once pics are up I would love to hear some of your opinions on what I can improve on. :D I already know that I need to get leaner

Come on up here & join me in the gym for a WO, girl! :D Pick a day (or two...) and PM me so I know you're coming:

My split...
Mon - back & cardio
Tue - chest (sometimes calves) & cardio
Wed - legs (with or without calves)
Thurs - shoulders & cardio
Fri - major abs blitz & high rep legs
Sat - arms & cardio

sgkelley
08-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Come on up here & join me in the gym for a WO, girl! :D Pick a day (or two...) and PM me so I know you're coming:

My split...
Mon - back & cardio
Tue - chest (sometimes calves) & cardio
Wed - legs (with or without calves)
Thurs - shoulders & cardio
Fri - major abs blitz & high rep legs
Sat - arms & cardio

What time of day do you usually workout?

Sunnyday
08-25-2011, 10:23 PM
What time of day do you usually workout?

I'm usually there mornings after the kids are in school until 11:30.

sgkelley
09-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Tomorrow I leave for cyprus to finalize preparations for the wedding!!! I'll be coming back a married girl :D

Sunnyday
09-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Woo hoo! Advance congrats!

:jump: