PDA

View Full Version : Prep for Womens Physique @ USA's comes to a hault

stephaniewilles
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm new here in the forums but I really wanted to share my story with everyone, in hopes to maybe inspire or motivate or help someone else.

My name is Stephanie Willes. I have been competing for 2 years starting in figure and in Nov of 2010 did bodybuilding. I won the overall title at the Las Vegas Classic for WBB. I was on the smaller side 132lbs at weigh in and so when physique came along I decided to do that. I was on my 20 week contest prep and looking better than I have ever looked and way ahead of schedule for the USA's in my hometown of Las Vegas on July 30th. My body repsonded very well this time around and I was very happy with the progress and gains I had made. Then at the 12 week mark I became very ill. To make a long story short I was in bed for 5 weeks, hospitalized for 9 days lost 16lbs and diagonsed with Crohn's disease. Utterly devistated about the news I can tell you I never stopped thinking about competing. I am still undergoing treatments at least for the next three weeks. At that time I will know if I am in complete remission and can continue with what I hope can be a huge come back for the National show in Florida this November. I have had many struggles as this has been the hardest time of my life. I have learned alot about myself and look at life a whole lot differently. Being that I am a trainer, competitor, advocate for childhood obesity and I live and breathe health and wellness, being diagnosed was quite a shocker. I am back in the gym though which is a good thing for me mentally but I still struggle with having to do half the workouts I used to and OMG, I had to use the baby weights the first week. I felt as if everyone in the gym was looking at me. LOL! Please follow my blog thru my website to hear more about my struggles, triumphs, workouts, recovery etc.I would love to hear from you as well. http://www.stephaniewilles.com

Below is my contest pic (sorry its a small one) Nov 2010
then a pic of me 1 week out of the hospital...Crazy to see the difference in my size. Soooo Sad!!!

I<3heavyliftin
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, Crohn's is a nasty illness, I give you a lot of credit for pushin' through that. I have a couple close relatives with the disease, and they have a hard time getting through life as a normal person, I can't imagine your struggles as a competitor! Can't wait to follow your progress!

stephaniewilles
07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
It is an awful disease. I am thankful that for now it is isolated to my colon. Once it spreads to the intestines it can get really bad. The unknown is whats the killer for me. There is no cure and it could flare up at anytime. I mean come on I eat the same thing everyday so food wasnt even a trigger when I got sick. Its scary, but you know what, I am lucky I caught it fast, my doctor was agressive with treatment and my case is only moderate in comparison to those who have had parts of their intestines and or colon removed. I think the side effects from the meds are now worse than the disease symptoms. =) Ugggh...

The dietician told me that the diet I am on minus all the veggies and oatmeal is a great crohns diet so I cut out the veggies for now and may try one type at a time, carrots mostly likely, and switched the oatmeal for cream of wheat. Its not bad actually as long as I have some choc protein to mix in it lol!!!

Working out is the biggest struggle mentally and physically right now. I am just so weak and the prednisone is not allowing me to recover properly so I have to lift light and not do as many sets. Although I do feel myself getting stronger and being able to do more every week. Only time will tell!!
Thanks for your comments, I'm so loving this womens training journal thing already!!!=)

MrsSims
07-08-2011, 06:29 PM
WOW i'm very impressed! My bestfriend was just also diagnosed recently with Crohns at 23 years old and I felt so bad for her.. I currently have started to help her with her dieting and training.. Big props to you for coming back into competing and dreaming BIG.. This is extremely motivational, for someone like youself to continuously push to be a better competitor and person, despite the disease! You will definitely be an Inspiration to many, and I am following for sure. Good Luck to you on your journey both spiritual and physical, stay focused, never give up, and keep us all updated of your progress. You are Very beautiful, keep up the great work! :)

stephaniewilles
07-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Thank you so much, its comments like that, that really keep me going!! I hope that if someone sees my post on what may be a really bad day for them it will help turn that around for them. Life throws us curve balls sometimes but I think I ll keep swinging away =)

So thanks for the help girl!!!

Cant see your face but your back looks Jacked!!! Love it!!

attached is a quote i got from a friend....

MrsSims
07-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much, its comments like that, that really keep me going!! I hope that if someone sees my post on what may be a really bad day for them it will help turn that around for them. Life throws us curve balls sometimes but I think I ll keep swinging away =)

So thanks for the help girl!!!

Cant see your face but your back looks Jacked!!! Love it!!

attached is a quote i got from a friend....

I also created a thread of my transformation on here, plenty of pics.. lol.. I like that quote, very very true! And yes, life does throw curve balls at us all, it just depends on how we use it.. I love to turn negativity into positive experiences.. Took me many many years of learning and using that technique!

Fat Girl Turned Bikini Competitor, moving on to WPD! - RX Muscle Forums

Sandpig
07-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Stephanie, I must've saw you win the Vegas Classic. Good luck with this battle.
And welcome to RX.

stephaniewilles
07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Ms Simms...

Incredible transformation!!!!

You have something to be very proud of. Your a trainers dream come true =)
Thanks for sharing your journey, it will give inspiration and motivation to many many others.

stephaniewilles
07-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Sandpig...
thanks so much, a battle it is for sure but I'm gonna win this one! =)

I'm really liking all that RX has to offer in the forums. Been a member forever just never tried it out!

Thanks for watching at the Vegas Classic, it was a glorious day!!!

The Prodigy
07-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Everything happens for a reason! I know you will be a stronger person after all this! Hang in there!

Sandpig
07-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey Steph. I will you still be going to the show as a spectator?

MrsSims
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Ms Simms...

Incredible transformation!!!!

You have something to be very proud of. Your a trainers dream come true =)
Thanks for sharing your journey, it will give inspiration and motivation to many many others.

Thanks so much! But despite the trials you have gone through with Crohns.. which I know is not easy, and having the drive and determination to continue your journey in competing.. My friend, you are DEFINITELY a HUGE inspiration to me! My trainer at the time was very proud.. and most importantly, I became satisfied with the person I saw in the mirror on a daily basis.. I hope you had an Awesome weekend! ;)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Wow, truly breath taking, inspiring, and motivating. I love your story and hope only for the best most amazing things to happy for you!

xoxo

CLP

stephaniewilles
07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you to all for your kind words. I hope to continue sharing my story with some amazing events that include me being 100% healthy and being able to compete again this year.

Thanks for a new found support system as well!! Anyone coming down for the USA's?
I would love to come and watch just dont know if I can stomach it. But would be nice to cheer on my fellow RX Girls....

Have a great week everyone, busy day today gotta run =)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I wont be able to make it for the USAs but I know a BUNCH of us will be at the Olympia ! =) Myself included!

Sandpig
07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I wont be able to make it for the USAs but I know a BUNCH of us will be at the Olympia ! =) Myself included!

Hey, I'll be at both. :p

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I am also 99% sure that I will be at Olympia this year.. Looking forward to meeting everyone i've spoken with on the boards! :)

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
AGAIN, I want to try to schedule an RXGIRL SHOOT at the olympia !

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
RX Girl Shoot?? You guys do photoshoots together for the website?

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Not a "photoshoot" more like I really want to get EVERYONE together in one place so we can all 1) meet and 2) get a cool group shot of us !!

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Not a "photoshoot" more like I really want to get EVERYONE together in one place so we can all 1) meet and 2) get a cool group shot of us !!

Ahhh I get it now! hmmm.. You should start a thread so we can all make plans to meet up.. Does Rx Girl have their own booth? Maybe we can all even all hangout afterwards? :yep:

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Ahhh I get it now! hmmm.. You should start a thread so we can all make plans to meet up.. Does Rx Girl have their own booth? Maybe we can all even all hangout afterwards? :yep:

Just spoke to Gail, we'll make a decision closer to the date. I think it would be great!

Suzanne
07-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your struggles right now With your attitude and drive you will come out even stronger

MrsSims
07-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Just spoke to Gail, we'll make a decision closer to the date. I think it would be great!

I think so also! Count me in on the vote for it..At least we can have a place to meet, take pics, and mingle with one another.. I spend most of my time here at work on the boards than doing anything else.. Soon, you guys will know more about me than my own family! LOL

stephaniewilles
07-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I will definetly be around for the Olympia, and hopefully I will be in great shape by then too with no water retention from my meds lol :0

Lets do the RX girl shoot, I'm totally in. I have a few really good ideas for locations also. An RX girl booth is an execellent idea as well!!!

I know it will be so great to meet all of you =)

stephaniewilles
07-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks Suzanne, I have my struggles with the little evil voices in my head, some days are better than others but usually I can stop the crazy talk hahaha.

I feel stronger everyday and am hopefull!! =)

MrsSims
07-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Yay!! Glad to hear you will be at Olympia, Stephanie! The RxGirl Booth is a great idea because not only can we meet there, but Olympia is so HUGE that i'm sure it is extremely hard to find people.. Since it gets so crowded. This will be my 1st time attending the Olympia and I couldn't be more excited to meet you all and check out the expo. Looking Forward to it! ;)

Sandpig
07-13-2011, 06:33 AM
A booth at the O expo? Now that would be expensive. Usually for meet ups like this, everyone will just agree on a time at a certain spot. In the past RX has used the ALRI booth. They love us there.

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey as long as we have a meeting booth, that sounds perfect.. Love ALRI stuff, so i'll definitely show up at the booth to say hi and mingle. and OMG "Sandpig" you are f*ing torturing me with the Burger Avi.. LOL.. I think tonight is a cheat meal, sooo it'll most likely be a burger nite.. Yummm!

I<3heavyliftin
07-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Aww I wish I was going to the Olympia! :(
Anyone going to the Europa in Hartford in a couple weeks?

AJSIMS
07-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey as long as we have a meeting booth, that sounds perfect.. Love ALRI stuff, so i'll definitely show up at the booth to say hi and mingle. and OMG "Sandpig" you are f*ing torturing me with the Burger Avi.. LOL.. I think tonight is a cheat meal, sooo it'll most likely be a burger nite.. Yummm!

I know Sandpig :) good guy in Vegas !! And that looks like IN N OUT Burger if im not mistaken which is amazing ! Can't wait to visit for the Olympia

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I know Sandpig :) good guy in Vegas !! And that looks like IN N OUT Burger if im not mistaken which is amazing ! Can't wait to visit for the Olympia

LOL.. Babe you never mentioned Sandpig to me.. Maybe we'll see him at Olympia and take a trip to In N Out Burger while we're at it.. All of us on the boards should meet there, thats a great place to mingle and get to know eachother.. While pigging out and having a cheat meal! :yep:

AJSIMS
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
LOL.. Babe you never mentioned Sandpig to me.. Maybe we'll see him at Olympia and take a trip to In N Out Burger while we're at it.. All of us on the boards should meet there, thats a great place to mingle and get to know eachother.. While pigging out and having a cheat meal! :yep:

Lol .. Yes Sandpig goes waay back to the musclemayhem board days ... IN N OUT is the best ... But on a side note keep killing it Stephanie !

stephaniewilles
07-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Wait a minute... you can get bacon on an In and Out Burger?? I've totally missed out all this time?? I would almost say Western Bacon from Carls Jr hahahaha

Keep us posted on where to meet up cause I live in Vegas and will be there for sure, Mrs Sims, its such a great time, you'll love it at the Olympia and Vegas has the best restraunts so a cheat meal is definetly in order!! =)

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh trust me, if my coach gives me the ok, i'm definitely going to diet down for a few weeks and then use my cheat meal *rewards* in vegas for sure.. And since Aj is my fiance' and from vegas, he knows where all of the really good buffets are.. It is surely going to be a fun time for all of us!! Can't wait to meet you guys!

stephaniewilles
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks AJ,

I was able to lower my dosage to 5mg of prednisone on saturday and am feeling alot, I mean alot stronger.
Killed back yesterday... got 10 pullups on my first set, 7, 6, then 5 on follow sets. I was happy with that and feeling really good.

Tough decisions to be made as far as treatment goes at my next GI Dr appt next thursday. Does anyone know anything about Remicade? I've done research on this drug but I just dont know if I can build muscle while on it.....

MrsSims
07-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks AJ,

I was able to lower my dosage to 5mg of prednisone on saturday and am feeling alot, I mean alot stronger.
Killed back yesterday... got 10 pullups on my first set, 7, 6, then 5 on follow sets. I was happy with that and feeling really good.

Tough decisions to be made as far as treatment goes at my next GI Dr appt next thursday. Does anyone know anything about Remicade? I've done research on this drug but I just dont know if I can build muscle while on it.....

There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this site.. Post it as a new thread and they will answer your question ;)

stephaniewilles
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Great idea, Thanks Nicole!

2hot4u
07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
i am going to the europa!!!
Aww I wish I was going to the Olympia! :(
Anyone going to the Europa in Hartford in a couple weeks?

katt981
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
oh man I wish I was going to the O this year!! It would be such a kick to meet all of you.

And... great journal! Sorry for your misfortune, but it'll only make you stronger, and it looks like you have the ambition to power right through this!

Sunnyday
07-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome!

So sorry to read about your struggle with Crohn's. My sister in law has it as well. No doubt your great attitude will get you through.

Sandpig
07-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Wait a minute... you can get bacon on an In and Out Burger?? I've totally missed out all this time?? I would almost say Western Bacon from Carls Jr hahahaha

Actually it's a 5 Guys Burger, which we don't have here obviously.

But I am a true In N Out junkie though.

And for all you dieters, I will change the avi.

elizabethm173
07-14-2011, 07:13 AM
AGAIN, I want to try to schedule an RXGIRL SHOOT at the olympia !

Love the idea!!

stephaniewilles
07-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks girls, I appreciate it vey much. I defenitly have found out alot about myself and that this journey is making me stronger and a much better person for it too.

Sandpig....geesh I'm not dieting right now and that avi made my mouth water! yum, ribs my favorite!!

The Prodigy
07-14-2011, 12:25 PM
OH! I love In and Out Burger!!!!

Hope you are feeling better lady! Any breakthru on your tummy?

sassy69
07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Steph - thanks for sharing - I'm so sorry this has interrupted your trip into WPD, however sometimes for contest prep you have to even let "life" take priority. Its annoying as hell when you're so focused, but also as a competitor, you know the value of having all your tools available & ready to go - and to do the show you are ready for. not necessarily the show you scheduled.

My ex-sis in law has Crohns. She has good days & bad days but I think probably the discipline & focus of being a competitor and being in a position of advocate, mentor and trainer for others, you can focus both on the goal and the path to get there in a productive manner. I'm so happy you're on the road back and I can completely commisserate with the pink weights... it is, to say the least, humbling .. but still, as long as you're making progress - more weight, more reps, better form, than yesterday, you are moving forward and winning! Its all relative! Consider this... the day you from the 1 lb weights to the 2 lb weights - you've doubled your lifts! How often do you get to say that!

I am also looking forward to the O!

MrsSims
07-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Actually it's a 5 Guys Burger, which we don't have here obviously.

But I am a true In N Out junkie though.

And for all you dieters, I will change the avi.

LOL! Sandpig you are too much!! Aj told me that he knows you very well.. and we will be seeing you at the Olympia this year for sure? The barbeque looks great, thank goodness i'm not into ribs.. But after your avi of the burger, I think i've talked him into taking me out to get one.. Haha :p

Sandpig
07-15-2011, 06:48 AM
LOL! Sandpig you are too much!! Aj told me that he knows you very well.. and we will be seeing you at the Olympia this year for sure? The barbeque looks great, thank goodness i'm not into ribs.. But after your avi of the burger, I think i've talked him into taking me out to get one.. Haha :p

I will find out what you really like and torture you. Good thing I don't have your cell #. ;)

Olympia will be here soon. Something like nine weeks, I think. :D

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:18 PM
saying hi and showing love! xoox

MrsSims
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Passing by to say hi to my new girlie competitor friend!! I hope your day has been great, and your weekend will go even better.. Talk to you soon :)

stephaniewilles
07-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Well its completly under control. I see the GI Dr on Thursday about further treatment. I am only on Prednisone 5mg 2x's a day now but I know he wants me to do Remicade again. I just want to be medicine free... Thanks for asking Gail, I'll keep you posted.

OH! I love In and Out Burger!!!!

Hope you are feeling better lady! Any breakthru on your tummy?

stephaniewilles
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Passing by to say hi to my new girlie competitor friend!! I hope your day has been great, and your weekend will go even better.. Talk to you soon :)

AWWWhhhh... my favorite muscle head girlie friend!!!:yep:
My weekend was fabulous!
Hope yours was too!!!

stephaniewilles
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Steph - thanks for sharing - I'm so sorry this has interrupted your trip into WPD, however sometimes for contest prep you have to even let "life" take priority. Its annoying as hell when you're so focused, but also as a competitor, you know the value of having all your tools available & ready to go - and to do the show you are ready for. not necessarily the show you scheduled.

My ex-sis in law has Crohns. She has good days & bad days but I think probably the discipline & focus of being a competitor and being in a position of advocate, mentor and trainer for others, you can focus both on the goal and the path to get there in a productive manner. I'm so happy you're on the road back and I can completely commisserate with the pink weights... it is, to say the least, humbling .. but still, as long as you're making progress - more weight, more reps, better form, than yesterday, you are moving forward and winning! Its all relative! Consider this... the day you from the 1 lb weights to the 2 lb weights - you've doubled your lifts! How often do you get to say that!

I am also looking forward to the O!
Sassy, I am loving what you said about doing the show I was meant to do and not the one I scheduled. Sounds crazy but it makes sense in my situation and makes me feel alot better about not being able to do the show. I didnt even want to go watch the show (its local) at first and now I'm really thinking I might go. It may bring a tear to my eye but it will be awesome watching the girls on stage.

Thats the thing that is scariest for me, good days and bad. Right now I'm under control with it but you just never know. It make you hesitant to make plans especially to compete in a show because anything can happen. But I do refuse to let it completely control me and what I do so I just take each day as it comes, pick up those weights, (even the pink ones)lol, and do what I do best, TRAIN HARD!!

Thanks for your bright outlook, I love it!!

Cdimeo
07-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Isn't life odd--just when you finally have an extra $500 bucks laying around you find yourself with some lame expense like needing new tires and breaks??

You can be on the most regimented eating plan known to man and be devastated with something like Crohns--SUPER motivational that you are still plugging along and battling like a champion.

HOWEVER--that being said--even your 1-week-out-of-the-hospital pic looks pretty good to me!

Great to meet you :)

MrsSims
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Ahhhhhh I miss you Girlie!! Hope your week is going Fantastic!! :)

Bronwyn
07-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Good luck, competing with this disease is hard, but possible. In our country was a man, who won superheavyweight and had Crohn disease... Was I think 2nd on the World championship finally.... So good luck.

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Isn't life odd--just when you finally have an extra $500 bucks laying around you find yourself with some lame expense like needing new tires and breaks??

You can be on the most regimented eating plan known to man and be devastated with something like Crohns--SUPER motivational that you are still plugging along and battling like a champion.

HOWEVER--that being said--even your 1-week-out-of-the-hospital pic looks pretty good to me!

Great to meet you :)
Thanks so much, great to meet you too!
Thats exactly my kinda luck! I guess we are our hardest critic its very hard to see all your muscle disappear but muscle really does have memory!!!!
once I was able to eat and lift I filled out and made some good gains. Im so happy my story could be motivational, thats why I did this :)

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Good luck, competing with this disease is hard, but possible. In our country was a man, who won superheavyweight and had Crohn disease... Was I think 2nd on the World championship finally.... So good luck.

Ohhhh.... Awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing :)

Im pushing thru this and hope for a come back this year.

Thanks so much

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Yesterdays workout....Quads and glutes

Squats 95lbs x15, 135lbs x10 3sets

Bb lunges 4 sets 75lbs x10 reps per leg

Glute machine 4 sets 70lbs x15 reps

Leg press 4 sets x10 140lbs, 180lbs, 225lbs, 270lbs

Leg ext 4 sets x12 @115 lbs

Felt great...had baf headache halfway thru but im almost back :)

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
By the way girls.....

Check out the spotlight on me at athlete profiles!

shankuan
07-26-2011, 05:13 PM
I typed something after reading the article and it disappeared so i'll just paraphrase:

you are definitely a survivor and a true champ! going through what you have and coming back with a positive and determined willpower...I know you'll be superb come showtime (the one you were destined for) :yep

The power of the mind, law of attraction..whatever you want to call it. If you are optimistic, think positive and act just as, I am a strong believer it will manifest itself in one's life! You have and are doing that! And it is motivating, empowering and reminds that half the shit i obsess over sometimes are pointless and insignificant!

I'm subbed! :hmn:

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I typed something after reading the article and it disappeared so i'll just paraphrase:

you are definitely a survivor and a true champ! going through what you have and coming back with a positive and determined willpower...I know you'll be superb come showtime (the one you were destined for) :yep

The power of the mind, law of attraction..whatever you want to call it. If you are optimistic, think positive and act just as, I am a strong believer it will manifest itself in one's life! You have and are doing that! And it is motivating, empowering and reminds that half the shit i obsess over sometimes are pointless and insignificant!

I'm subbed! :hmn:

Thanks Shankuan!!!
I feel like I am doing just that, and for sure its empowering not only to myself but to others as well!!

I'm sure the things you obsess about are neither pointless or insignificant!! We all obsess and stress about little things in our lives even the box of cookies in the pantry!! lol! I'm just trying not to sweat the small stuff.
I think maybe meditation lessons are in order for me :yep:

Sandpig
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Nice leg workout. Going to the USA's for sure?

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice leg workout. Going to the USA's for sure?

Thanks!!! It still hurts to get on and off the couch/toilet/floor etc.... :yep:
Ya pretty sure I'll be there, Saturday prejudging for sure anyways....

Sandpig
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Just checked out your website. You are now near my buddy Mike. He owns ISSAC @ 6445 Teneya.

And you do look familiar.

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
So yesterday I went in to get my second and final (hopefully) Remicade infusion. I had to sit in the cancer center with a bunch of old farts but they were all so nice it was great to meet them. I had this infusion before but this time had an allergic reaction and 20 minutes into my treatment (it takes 3 hrs) my throat started to swell shut and I couldnt breathe. I was pretty scared, waved down a nurse and then hovered over a trash can thinking I was going to vomit. (never did) They put me on oxygen and stopped the treatment. Apparently the sypmtoms I was having are rare but possible side effects. If its like, it may happen to 1 in 1million people it will probably be happening to me lol!!! I have to keep a sense of humor about it all or I might go crazy!! Once they got ahold of my dr he said not to continue the treatment and to give me an injectable steriod with more Fenergin. ( which I already had, its 2x's more potent than benadryl and apparently didnt work in the first place and makes you sleepy, very very sleepy) At that point I was very angry, I walked in this place feeling good just like a healthy person, even did 45 minutes on the step mill before treatment and then they give me this medicine that supposed to make me better and then in turn I get worse and then feel like a sick person. I felt as if my doctor is very keen on medication...give, give give, so I denied further treatment, they kept me for a few hours and then sent me home. I slept for almost 24hrs straight because of the meds they gave me, imagine if I would have taken that second dose??? I feel like normal today, super sore still from Mondays Quad/glute workout. Not sure what to do from here as far as my treatment goes. Supposed to call my dr's office today but I might just yell at them so I'm going to wait until they call me. Maybe that was my bodies way of saying it doesnt need all those drugs. I've been thinking of a more holistic route.....acupunture!!!

stephaniewilles
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Just checked out your website. You are now near my buddy Mike. He owns ISSAC @ 6445 Teneya.

And you do look familiar.

If you were at the show you def saw me lol!!! My show pics are on the website too. Mike is close to Bodyfit!!!

stephaniewilles
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Despite my bad experience last week I'm thinking.... USA's are over, time for a new thread on future goals....What do you think ladies???

MrsSims
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Girlie!! Just staying up to date with you and how your progress is coming along!! I see everything has been going great on your end and you are so right about being shocked over the results of Wpd.. im gonna send u a msg in a little bit! xoxo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Prodigy
08-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes Steph...I agree..USA's are over...You are setting new goals for the future. Do you want me to close this thread so you can start a new one?

stephaniewilles
08-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes Steph...I agree..USA's are over...You are setting new goals for the future. Do you want me to close this thread so you can start a new one?

Good idea Gail,

I will start a new thread in a few weeks when I start my competition Prep. Thanks!

And Congrats to you on your 1st place win!!! A....mazing!!!!:)

stephaniewilles
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Great news everyone!!! I was misdiagnosed and now further tests say I have Ulcertive Colitis and not Crohns. I feel so much better about that and am super excited that I recovered so quickly. Now I am ready for my next show....
South Beach here I come...............WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Diet started 2 weeks ago!!!

katt981
08-29-2011, 05:41 PM
great news!! Woot woot

sassy69
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Very glad to hear! Wish it was literally "nothing" but better than Crohns!

Sunnyday
08-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Great news! :D

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks Ladies!!! Nothing would be great but I'm gonna deal with what I got and keep giving it all I can while competing.

Check out my new Thread.....My journal to Nationals =)