PDA

View Full Version : Me so hungry (Palumbo week #5)

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I've had my first 2 meals today and my brain is still shouting "FEED ME!!'

My first 4 weeks were pretty uneventful and I drop 18 pounds with fairly strict adherence to the diet and test/tren for supplements. (Currently 5' 10" , 217, I can all 4 of my quads and the top 2 abs so I'm guessing about 16% ish ) Another 20 pounds should get into the single digit bodyfat range.

Over the last week I've found myself getting progressively more driven to eat. The desire to add calories has been sneaking in. This morning it's gotten to the point of distracting.

I found by week 3 that I was reducing workload as I really didn't have enough juice to keep my volume up although my strength is holding fairly well.

I'm giving pretty serious consideration to adding clen into the mix to see if it will reduce the mental issues I seem to be having.

Any pointers or ideas would be really appreciated at this point.

Thanks,
t

Frosty
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Post up your exact diet, exact workout program, and exact supplement list so we can try to diagnose.

One thing that I know is a killer is lack of sleep. This will make cravings insane. 8 hours of sleep a night.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Diet is Palumbo for 200 pound man.
cod liver oil, a multivitamin
70 mg tren / 120 mg test ed

workout program is all over the map at the moment:
I was doing a "starting strength" program" but the lack of calories brought that to an end in week 3.

Currently doing a split routine 5x5 with reduced work loads
week a
Mon: legs squats
Tues:chest bench
Wed:back deads
Thurs:shoulders standing press
Fri: arms curls/skull crushers

week b
Mon: legs squats
Tues:chest flyes
Wed:back chins
Thurs:shoulders lateral raises
Fri: arms curls/ narrow bench

Legend
04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I've had my first 2 meals today and my brain is still shouting "FEED ME!!'

My first 4 weeks were pretty uneventful and I drop 18 pounds with fairly strict adherence to the diet and test/tren for supplements. (Currently 5' 10" , 217, I can all 4 of my quads and the top 2 abs so I'm guessing about 16% ish ) Another 20 pounds should get into the single digit bodyfat range.

Over the last week I've found myself getting progressively more driven to eat. The desire to add calories has been sneaking in. This morning it's gotten to the point of distracting.

I found by week 3 that I was reducing workload as I really didn't have enough juice to keep my volume up although my strength is holding fairly well.

I'm giving pretty serious consideration to adding clen into the mix to see if it will reduce the mental issues I seem to be having.

Any pointers or ideas would be really appreciated at this point.

Thanks,
t

When on keto, you are to drop the volume of your training.

Training should be high intensity, lower volume, and a rep range of 6-8. Some may be able to perform 8-10 reps.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I will play with the intensity/volume equation but seeing as I'm currently undertraining. My intensity is pretty darn low at the moment I don't believe that is the issue.

Myth
04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds like your cals/fats are too low. I was on keto for my prep and was beating the logboook even on my very last workout before the contest, on top of running 25-35 miles a week, biking 45-60 miles a week, and training 5 days a week.

gman
04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Is it constant or just an occasional day of hunger?

I have been on Dave's diet for almost 10 weeks. about once a week I get pretty hungry, but most days I am fine.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
This is the first time I've actually felt hungry since I started the diet. Not so much low blood sugar crashed hungry as ME HUNGRY NOW EAT! hungry.
I would compare it to a nicotine craving like I used to before I quit smoking 10 years ago or so.
I'm on meal 3 and it seems to have mostly passed but I'm not quite sure where that came from?

I think the not enough fat calories might be exactly the source....
Hopefully my macnut oil arrives soon but in the interim I think I'll add a tablespoon of evoo into the last shake of the night.

gman
04-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I was that way yesterday. It passed and I am ok today. Keep it up, it works!

Suzy Brown
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Gum, and a diet soda usually take care of those for me... gum for chewing, the soda for a "full" feeling.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
If he's following the exact Palumbo Diet why would fats be too low??

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Now you're just confusing me :)

I'm certainly not doing a keto where I run 35 miles a week and beat my logbook till the end.

I'm on a contest cutting diet. However, the not enough fat yesterday night feels like a good guess as things go. At least it is something I can play with if it happens again tomorrow.

I'm not really sure if this isn't just a normal part of this diet as I haven't done it before.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Are you sleeping 8 hours a night?

Frizzy
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
If he's following the exact Palumbo Diet why would fats be too low??

Because the diets listed are not made for everyone. He might need more fat or more protein depending on his overall LBM. People who follow the basic 200 lb 250 lb diets don't realize the diets are made for specific clients not themselves so the macro's might not fit every single person.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Because the diets listed are not made for everyone. He might need more fat or more protein depending on his overall LBM. People who follow the basic 200 lb 250 lb diets don't realize the diets are made for specific clients not themselves so the macro's might not fit every single person.

True stats would help with this. But at the same time you can't jump to the conclusion that more fat is needed.

Frizzy
04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
True stats would help with this. But at the same time you can't jump to the conclusion that more fat is needed.

True you cant simply state the fat is low or the protein but while on keto one should never feel "hungry" at least to my overall understanding unless for the first 3-6 days white switching over to a keto state.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
True you cant simply state the fat is low or the protein but while on keto one should never feel "hungry" at least to my overall understanding unless for the first 3-6 days white switching over to a keto state.

There are a lot of things that can lead to hunger, though.

For example, not getting 8 hours of quality sleep can cause cravings that are like a drug addiction.

Using/abusing stimulants can deplete serotonin as well as overstress the body which can also cause nasty cravings. It can also affect sleep which is a double whammy when dieting.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Currently 5' 10" , 217, I can see all 4 of my quads and the top 2 abs so I'm guessing about 16% ish

Haven't been doing any stimulants.

Last night's sleep was broken as I had a bit of the tren sweats.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Last night's sleep was broken as I had a bit of the tren sweats.

Is this an exception or is this common? And again are you normally sleeping 8 hours?

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
8 hours is about normal for me yes.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Do you use fiber? I find a fiber drink right before breakfast helps keep me fuller all day.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
No no fiber, I have been finding myself regular. Hadn't considered it from a fullness perspective. I tried metamucil in the first couple of weeks but found it made me too regular.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
What do you do for cardio? How long? What heart rate? How many sessions per day?

Youngguns
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM
When on keto, you are to drop the volume of your training.

Training should be high intensity, lower volume, and a rep range of 6-8. Some may be able to perform 8-10 reps.
Well there's the deciding factor for me.

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
No cardio yet. I'm pretty happy with the average of 2 pounds a week and don't want to push my luck. I've been waiting to see when the loss slows then will add cardio / clen.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Also, lifting too intensely can be detrimental. You want heavy but not super straining. This isn't about Westside ME type days.

I'd be cautious of squatting and deadlifting in the same cycle when dieting.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
This might sound stupid, but where are you from? Is it still cold out?

Frosty
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Haven't been doing any stimulants.

Coffee, caffeine is a pretty strong stimulant. I haven't managed to get completely off it but it's certainly going to do bad things if overused.

I'm confused.....

tiramisu
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm down to 1 small cup a day in the early afternoon.
I'm extremely tolerant as pre-diet I was on about 4 pots a day.
So no stimulants to speak of.

... and it's still winter but not terribly cold.

Frosty
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Reason I asked about the cold thing is that if you're dieting getting cold is really bad. it makes you very hungry. staying warm when cutting in colder weather is essential. Thanks for clarifying with the coffee thing.

Are you craving fat or carbs, or just more food?

Are your workouts balls to the wall effort? Very heavy? Slow negatives? Forced reps? Anything like that?

Hell I dunno, could it just be the test and tren? Hell those are pretty good doses right there. Why are you using them while cutting....just curious?

captaincardio58
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
okie doke, well if you were on the Palumbo plan and hired him you would know that the workout he suggests is prob what should be done, i Train DC which is a high intensity rest pause training and i could make gains in strength all the way up week 13 of the prep when i started doing straight sets, if your intensity isnt high with good weights and good contractions you will lose a lot of muscle even on keto if you dont stimulate it you will lose it, good look and hire dave!

captaincardio58
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Also, lifting too intensely can be detrimental. You want heavy but not super straining. This isn't about Westside ME type days.

I'd be cautious of squatting and deadlifting in the same cycle when dieting.

Are you kidding me???? If you stop squating you lose your legs and if you stop deadlifting you lose back thickness!! Did ronnie or jay stop squating of deadlifting hell no so why shuold this guy?????

Frosty
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Are you kidding me???? If you stop squating you lose your legs and if you stop deadlifting you lose back thickness!! Did ronnie or jay stop squating of deadlifting hell no so why shuold this guy?????

I said be cautious. Eating low carb and restricted calories and going balls to the wall on squats and deads both in the same week could really take its toll. Just saying that intensity has to be managed. I've made the mistake myself and seen others do it. You definitely want to lift heavy but really straining and struggling hard on really big lifts like this too much can cause issues.

-BLP-
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Just learn to love starvation n fell your waist line get smaller while loosing instestinal fat , hungry feeling never last more then 10 minutes , my trick is i keep abs tight often , dring water to full up tummy... Diet is suffering , you come victim of your passion, it all good and fun , the mirror come the motivation showing constant progress , next time you hungry , smile n enjoy all this

captaincardio58
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I said be cautious. Eating low carb and restricted calories and going balls to the wall on squats and deads both in the same week could really take its toll. Just saying that intensity has to be managed. I've made the mistake myself and seen others do it. You definitely want to lift heavy but really straining and struggling hard on really big lifts like this too much can cause issues.

ah i see my bad bro!! ha i can see where your comming from with this... my bad

"Rodz"
04-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Just learn to love starvation n fell your waist line get smaller while loosing instestinal fat , hungry feeling never last more then 10 minutes , my trick is i keep abs tight often , dring water to full up tummy... Diet is suffering , you come victim of your passion, it all good and fun , the mirror come the motivation showing constant progress , next time you hungry , smile n enjoy all this

you got it man , the end justifies the means