PDA

View Full Version : Whitney's Bikini Prep for USAs!!

WhitneyW
07-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi! This is my first post / blog ever! My name is Whitney Wiser and this is my first year competing in Bikini at the national level. I’m super excited to be involved in this sport this year and learn more about the industry. I’m going to start posting a weekly blog about my training, but I just want to tell you a little more about myself for now. :)
Quick Stats!
Height: 5’6”
Offseason weight: 130-132
Contest weight: 116-118
Years training: 2 years
Job: Computer Sales
Education: BA in Marketing

I have been an athlete my whole life and love competition! I started competing in Bikini the first year it started in 2009 at a couple local Tennessee shows that year and one more in 2010. I got second place in all of them, always missing first place by a point or two. I finally just decided to try out a national show this year to see how I would do. I competed at the Jr USAs in Charleston, SC hoping to get Top 5 and ended up winning my class! I was blown away and extremely motivated to starting training again. I hired a trainer, Tony Haines, to help me get ready for the next one (Jr Nationals) in Chicago. I won 1st in my class again! So now I am 2 ½ weeks out from the USA’s in Vegas! After almost getting my Pro Card twice this year, I am highly motivated to just keep going now!
Stand by for contest prep info for USAs!

Aaron Singerman
07-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Whit!!! Glad to have you here!

Post some pictures!

Sunnyday
07-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome!

Darielle
07-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Good luck girl..its only a matter of time! :)

The Prodigy
07-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Welcome girl! Post some pics! Can't wait to follow along!

WhitneyW
07-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Good luck girl..its only a matter of time! :)
Thanks girl!! Maybe I will see ya soon! : )

ChristyLaurenPoole
07-15-2011, 04:33 PM
DID I say WELCOME yet?! he he ! =) WELCOME!

WhitneyW
07-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Ok, so I am officially 2 weeks away from the USAs! The back-to-back shows I have done this year are definitely wearing me out, but everyone around me including my family, friends, trainer, and fellow competitors are all helping me stay motivated.

Track workout for cardio this morning:
Jog 400m to warm up
Sprint 100m straights and walk 100m curves for 3 laps
Lunge up bleachers 3x
Run up bleachers 3x
Frog jump up bleachers 3x
Jog 400m
Sprint 100m straights and walk 100m curves for 3 laps
Walk 2 laps for cooldown

Trainer says:
Need to tighten up mid-section just a little bit more, but everything else is on point! No more cheat meals until show time lol

Typical weight-training week:
Cardio every morning 40 min
Sunday – Legs
Monday - Shoulders and Calves
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday Cardio and Abs Only
Thursday - Chest and Triceps
Friday – Biceps and Calves
Saturday - Cardio and Abs Only

Redskincheer
07-19-2011, 03:18 AM
You look awesome Whitney. So excited for you.:-)

WhitneyW
07-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Leg extensions 4x15 <superset> Short stance lunges 4x20
Wide stance leg press 4x15 <superset> Jump lunges 4x20
Seated leg curls 3x15, 12, 12 <superset> Pop squats 3x20
4x15 Stiff leg deadlifts
3x1 minute per leg bench step ups
Seated calf raises 3x20
Standing calf raises 3x20

So I make these for my shows because I love CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER and I have them ready to eat as soon as I get off stage!! These are the best brownies ever so I had to share the recipe J Can you tell I’m about a week out and craving dessert??? lol
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/02/17/peanut-butter-cup-crunch-brownie-bars/ (http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/02/17/peanut-butter-cup-crunch-brownie-bars/)

The Prodigy
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
You ready girl???

Sunnyday
07-22-2011, 03:04 PM
:drool:Thanks for the recipe! That brownie looks awesome!

WhitneyW
07-23-2011, 01:16 PM
You ready girl???
OMG!! So ready to be on stage already!! ughhh lol. How about you Gail??

WhitneyW
07-23-2011, 09:04 PM
:drool:Thanks for the recipe! That brownie looks awesome!

GURL...just wait until you try one... you have no idea what you're in for! lol :yep:

The Prodigy
07-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Leg extensions 4x15 <superset> Short stance lunges 4x20
Wide stance leg press 4x15 <superset> Jump lunges 4x20
Seated leg curls 3x15, 12, 12 <superset> Pop squats 3x20
4x15 Stiff leg deadlifts
3x1 minute per leg bench step ups
Seated calf raises 3x20
Standing calf raises 3x20

So I make these for my shows because I love CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER and I have them ready to eat as soon as I get off stage!! These are the best brownies ever so I had to share the recipe J Can you tell I’m about a week out and craving dessert??? lol
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/02/17/peanut-butter-cup-crunch-brownie-bars/ (http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/02/17/peanut-butter-cup-crunch-brownie-bars/)

CAN I HAVE ONE??????????????? I will come backstage and get it!!!!

WhitneyW
07-25-2011, 03:07 PM
CAN I HAVE ONE??????????????? I will come backstage and get it!!!!
OH YESSSS!!! I will bring an extra for you and an extra for Juel so you guys come get one before I eat them haha : ) can't wait!

The Prodigy
07-25-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgirl/athlete-profiles/3753-spotlight-on-whitney-wiser.html

Redskincheer
07-26-2011, 05:02 AM
I'll be looking for you. hehehe:-) See you and Gail in four days!

Aaron Singerman
07-26-2011, 05:07 AM
You got this, Whit.

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Good luck Whitney!
3rd times a charm :)
Youll kick booty. Sadly ill be in the audience this year but Ill be cheering for ya :)

WhitneyW
07-26-2011, 01:24 PM
You got this, Whit.
I hope soooo!!! Thank you Aaron!!! you gonna be there?? : )

WhitneyW
07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Good luck Whitney!
3rd times a charm :)
Youll kick booty. Sadly ill be in the audience this year but Ill be cheering for ya :)
Thank you girl!!!

PJ BRAUN
07-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Kick Ass this weekend little buddy. I wish I was going out there...we could listen to CC music factory together ;) lol
Your goona do great! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Aaron Singerman
07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I hope soooo!!! Thank you Aaron!!! you gonna be there?? : )

Nah. :( I have to spend the weekend with PJ Braun (puuuuuke) covering the Europa Battle of Champions in Hartford, Conn.

But i will be following along with the PLAY-BY-PLAY as much as possible and we'll be rooting for u from Hartford!

WhitneyW
07-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Kick Ass this weekend little buddy. I wish I was going out there...we could listen to CC music factory together ;) lol
Your goona do great! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Hahaha don't hate on the CC Music factory!! Thank you!! Wish you were comin too, you are gonna miss me and Jennica!!

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Woo Hooooo!! and i'll be cheering for you from my computer screen on the play-by-play! i'm sure steph will do some cheering on my part.. (just make sure your extra loud, Steph.. thats how us Cubans are!) Good Luck Whitney, ur gonna do great! :)

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Woo Hooooo!! and i'll be cheering for you from my computer screen on the play-by-play! i'm sure steph will do some cheering on my part.. (just make sure your extra loud, Steph.. thats how us Cubans are!) Good Luck Whitney, ur gonna do great! :)

I'll be extra loud for you...I'm not Cuban (swiss/german) LOL but I'll dig deep to find some hidden Cuban in me!! :yep:
I'll be cheering on all the RX girls as well as some local Vegas chicas so I will probably loose my voice!!! Its a worthy cause tho!!

MrsSims
07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll be extra loud for you...I'm not Cuban (swiss/german) LOL but I'll dig deep to find some hidden Cuban in me!! :yep:
I'll be cheering on all the RX girls as well as some local Vegas chicas so I will probably loose my voice!!! Its a worthy cause tho!!

LOL.. It'll be Great practice for our training video on Olympia weekend! ;) Ahhhh lucky u, you get to see the USAs and I was supposed to be there.. Oh well, end of Sept. is right around the corner.. Excited to meet everyone! :p

stephaniewilles
07-26-2011, 05:04 PM
LOL.. It'll be Great practice for our training video on Olympia weekend! ;) Ahhhh lucky u, you get to see the USAs and I was supposed to be there.. Oh well, end of Sept. is right around the corner.. Excited to meet everyone! :p

Whooo...Good thinking!!! Ya I'll be good and practiced up for sure!! We are doing a video together during our workout?? AWESOME!!! I can't wait for that. I knew we were gonna train but not video, I'm glad you thought of that! Brilliant!!!

Hey I'm supposed to compete in the USA's but I'm glad I'm going even if in the audience, It will be fun and I'll kick butt on stage later this year!!!:)

WhitneyW
07-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you for all the support everyone!! I can't wait!! : )

katt981
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Good luck! I'm sure you'll kill it! :yep:

WhitneyW
07-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Well I got second callout lasat night at prejudging. Not exactly what I was hoping for but we will see what the final results are tonight! : )

The Prodigy
08-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I am sad I didn't get to spend more time with you! I missed the brownie too! UGH!!!

8itup
08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Well I got second callout lasat night at prejudging. Not exactly what I was hoping for but we will see what the final results are tonight! : )

Hey Whit how about an update? Hope your doing ok.. don't give up you have way more than just genetics hang in there.

BikiniAshley_62
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey babe! Just stopping in to say what's up and that brownie recipe looks really good, I might need to try it out. Now, I don't bake that often but when I do...

How did it go last weekend??

WhitneyW
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I am sad I didn't get to spend more time with you! I missed the brownie too! UGH!!!
ugh i know!!! you did so good Gail, congrats!

WhitneyW
08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey Whit how about an update? Hope your doing ok.. don't give up you have way more than just genetics hang in there.
Thank you for the encouragement!! I ended up getting 9th. I'm staying on the east coast to compete from now on ahaha. Probably going to take the rest of the year off and come back for Jr. USAs again next year : )

WhitneyW
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey babe! Just stopping in to say what's up and that brownie recipe looks really good, I might need to try it out. Now, I don't bake that often but when I do...

How did it go last weekend??
oh you have to try, super easy and soooo worth it!

The Prodigy
08-15-2011, 09:51 PM
We need to change the name of your contest journal....ideas?

Aaron Singerman
08-16-2011, 12:12 AM
A Wiser Bikini Journal

The Prodigy
08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
A Wiser Bikini Journal

I LIKE IT.....Can we use it?

WhitneyW
09-24-2011, 10:15 AM
I LIKE IT.....Can we use it?

ha! nice aaron! Ok, so after what has happened over the last couple weeks, when i get to start training again (hopefully by christmas if im lucky :confused:) it is going to be a kind of comeback journal. I just started physical therapy this week and it's pretty pitiful but I will get there in time. I really hope I can recover in time for Jr. USAs but we will see... I'm working on a few different names right now, let me know if you have any ideas.
"Trauma to Triumph"
"Road to Recovery"
"From broken back to back on track"

But anyway... hopefully I can start that journal in a few months.

The Prodigy
09-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Glad to see you back here! Been praying for you lady!