PDA

View Full Version : Which creatine do you prefer and why?

Juntao
02-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm not a huge fan of creatine, simply because i would rather spend my money on whole foods.

Lets hear it!

Frosty
02-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Mono...cheap, tons of research to back it, and it works great for me.

Bubba Bronko
02-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Gotta agree with Frosty Universial Creatine Mono...Creapure...works its effective its cheap and science backs it up gotta eat a lot of red meat to get that out of whole food. and its 20 bucks itll last u for a few months

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Creapure is made by SKW Labs, who as far as I know make the purest form of creatine monohydrate, they also supply Prolab and Optimum with their stuff. But why stop there and go one step further to make your own effervescent creatine formula? That ensures an optimal pH of 4 and resolves the absorbtion and solubility problem.

ironman0370
02-12-2009, 06:59 AM
great posts. agree with all and voted accordingly.

Hardcore
02-12-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm not a huge fan of creatine, simply because i would rather spend my money on whole foods.

!

Thats a flawed statement.

Deimos Anomaly
02-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Mono. Tried one of them fancy NO-type creatine 'ester malate' ones too which didn't do anything for me except hyping me with the NO and caffeïne.

Deimos Anomaly
02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
How much creatine do you guys ingest daily?
Me = 5grams twice a day @ 220lbs

thechampofchamp
02-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Mono...cheap, tons of research to back it, and it works great for me.

Completly agree Mono, although only other I have tried was Kre-Alkalyn which may have been the most worthless crap i've ever used. Probably could have shugged the whole bottle and felt nothing.

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Again, the issue with creatine is not which kind, but the SOLUBILITY. It takes 24 ounces of room temperature to dissolve 5g of powdered creatine monohydrate. If creatine does not DISSOLVE, then it cannot be ABSORBED.

Juntao
02-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Thats a flawed statement.

Well its my statement! lol.

Allow me to explain myself. If a kid asked me about creatine and he didnt look muscular at all, I would advise him to spend his money on food instead.

I'm not saying creatine is bullshit because my body responds well to EEM. But personally i would rather buy whole food than creatine because of my limited budget.

Bryan Hildebrand
02-12-2009, 04:05 PM
anyone use creadex? oral tabs? I cant take mono because it tears my stomach to hell. read about this and it sounds interesting.

flipper
02-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I've tried them all other then malate, and I get the best results with mono.

GrmnCrsNBr
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Mono, bean around the longest.

Ion Drive
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Prefer Kre-Alkalyn and the science behind it.

Mr. Shoulders
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
German Creatine Monohydrate is the best of the best

Deserusan
02-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Creapure (pure monohydrate) is the most tried and true. Everyone forgets that all the "exotic" creatines still have a monohydrate base. I will also point out that the ethyl ester HCL's are proven not to be stable in nuetral PH balanced solutions such as tap water. This is why creatinine levels on it are much higher than more stable forms such as monohydrate, magnesium creatine chelate, creatine gluconate, etc.

tight booty
02-13-2009, 06:10 AM
I've just started using bsn cellmass this week. I am currently using the no xplode. Previously I have used the creatine monohydrate but it makes my stomach bloated and I lose any definition I have in my abs. But I will see how I go with the cellmass...so far, so good!

ebfitness
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
PLAIN monohydrate works best for me. I never had any luck with Cellmass. Good luck, Tight Booty, but I don't think you need any creatine!

Bubba Bronko
02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Well its my statement! lol.

Allow me to explain myself. If a kid asked me about creatine and he didnt look muscular at all, I would advise him to spend his money on food instead.

I'm not saying creatine is bullshit because my body responds well to EEM. But personally i would rather buy whole food than creatine because of my limited budget.

Ok someone new to the game yea its obvious diet and lifting for a solid year or two then try creatine. but someone like yourself with THE IFBB CALLING you id think you might be somewhat interested in a cheap supply of some mono. do you know what creainte does and why we take it? If someone asks you what you think about creatine then give him an answer as to why you take it ya know...we should know why we take certain supps anyways and what they do to our body...hell maybe its just me

Juntao
02-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Ok someone new to the game yea its obvious diet and lifting for a solid year or two then try creatine. but someone like yourself with THE IFBB CALLING you id think you might be somewhat interested in a cheap supply of some mono. do you know what creainte does and why we take it? If someone asks you what you think about creatine then give him an answer as to why you take it ya know...we should know why we take certain supps anyways and what they do to our body...hell maybe its just me

I see your point mate, honestly. Still gonna tell kids to invest in food first! If any kids ask how does it work (which i doubt) then i'll tell them, but they wouldn't understand even if i did.

Juntao
02-13-2009, 09:53 PM
...and by the way i do buy cheap ass creatine www.myprotein.co.uk - variety of stuff for us Brits to choose from matey!

Prince
02-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Cee

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Creatine is a nitrogenic compound produced in the liver and comprised of methionine, arginine and glycine. It's transported by the circulatory system and turns into phosphocreatine and is stored in the muscle. The conversion of creatine to phosphocreatine is mediated by an enzyme called creatine kinase, which binds creatine to a high energy phosphate group. At this point it is stored as ATP. The body produces 1-2g creatine on average, and metabolizes this same amount as well. Also, for every lb of red meat consumed, you get about 2 grams of creatine (pretty cool huh?)

Creatine basically serves two functions (besides ATP), nitrogen retention and creating an osmotic effect within the muscle cell. What nitrogen retention means is that amino acids are being retained inside the cell and being used for protein synthesis instead of leaving the cell and not being viable in the production of muscle. The osmotic effect is the cell volumization you guys always read about on the supplement ads. This just simply means there is an increase in intracellular nutrients, including water. This is a big positive, since nutrients can't serve their purpose until they are inside the cell. As bodybuilders, we want to amplify these two pathways as much as possible for optimal growth and strength.

red barraca
02-13-2009, 11:32 PM
steak!

JohnBoy
02-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Doesn't CEE turn into creatinine quicker? This is what I hear at least. Anyone know of any studies to back this claim? That is of course if I'm not the only one who's heard of it.

xxterxx
02-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Again, the issue with creatine is not which kind, but the SOLUBILITY. It takes 24 ounces of room temperature to dissolve 5g of powdered creatine monohydrate. If creatine does not DISSOLVE, then it cannot be ABSORBED.

i thought it was 16ounce per 5gr...

24ounces is alot of water...i cant down that in one go man..shit

Juntao
02-14-2009, 06:57 AM
steak!

we're bot on the same page!

ArabMuscle
02-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Monohydrate hands down baby!

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Mono is my choice....its the only 'ONE'....get it?....huh, huh....wow, tough crowd.

Big Al
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Mono, micronized.

GREENMACHINE23
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
German Creatine Monohydrate is the best of the best

I agree. :cool:

weightgain4000
02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Been having great results with Kre-Alkalyn.

buckimscl
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
AAEFX Kre-alkalyn

WILDMAN
02-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Size-on seems to work better for me , than just plain monohydrate.

Frosty
02-17-2009, 01:09 PM

I'd also include some salt in with that solution to help with the absorption.

anthony1992
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Monohydrate because it is cheap and works the best

ChunkyThunder
03-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I tried all the expensive stuff, but mono seems to work best

tiramisu
03-15-2009, 12:36 AM

This sounds a lot like broscience. Does anyone have a study that show that creatine in not absorbed by the gut unless is is predissolved in water?

Voland
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM
No creatine for me.

kicker
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Mono for me too. 5g/day.

Molecularmann
03-16-2009, 02:11 AM
I used to take Green Magnitude by controlled labs(Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate)...worked real well. After the GM ran out I bought some Monohydrate from 1fast400.com, didn't work for me. I'm going back to the GM, but I wondering if the mono was just bad quality? Anybody know about 1fast400's monohydrate?

matt1005
03-16-2009, 09:38 PM
AAEFX Kre-alkalyn
I have been interested in this...what do you think is the difference between it and micro monohydrate?

italianmanMASS
03-17-2009, 02:32 AM
I have been interested in this...what do you think is the difference between it and micro monohydrate?

best i can tell you is that ive tried both...

in regards maximal power (e.g. more weight able to pull/push in my 1 rep max wt.)
i felt kre-alkayln creatine products more here

in regards to muscular endurance (e.g. more reps able to pull/push in my 10 rep max wt.)
i felt micronized creatine products more here

buckimscl
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry for the delay in the response. CM gives me serious bloat and the Kre-Alkalyn doesn't. It's as simple as that. I like it for that reason.

Joshua H
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Check this new study out on CEE vs Mono

http://www.jissn.com/content/6/1/6/abstract

matt1005
03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Interesting stuff guys. Thanks for the opinions.

italianmanMASS
03-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I used to take Green Magnitude by controlled labs(Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate)...worked real well. After the GM ran out I bought some Monohydrate from 1fast400.com, didn't work for me. I'm going back to the GM, but I wondering if the mono was just bad quality? Anybody know about 1fast400's monohydrate?

i can vouch for 1fast400.com's quality of almost anything but creatine monohydrate....but read on why...ive bought powdered bcaa's, arginine, taurine, glutamine....maybe more .... but i never got their monohydrate...as to vouching for the company i will do so and stand by them quality-wise and say that the creatine monohydrate from them is legit based upon the quality of everything else ive ever bought from there being legit....peace

heavyiron
03-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Beef first, Mono second.

I average 14 oz of beef daily and 10 grams mono.

Aries
04-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Beef first, Mono second.

I average 14 oz of beef daily and 10 grams mono.While on cycle?

Jason Newman
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Creating Glycerol Phosphate! CGP.....by molecular nutrition.... stuff is insane at 10g per day the pumps and vascularity are all you need pre workout... and something to wake you up like primed ultra

Bacon Boy
05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
SizeOn from Gaspari the greatest powdered product not in pill form I have ever used, I respond crazily to creatine gluconate, as well as the Outlast blend of carbs if I am dieting i'll take the caps, I am also impressed with Controlled labs Green Mag, as soon as I finish this Jug I am sticking to SizeOn permanently...

mopain4u
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
monohydrate for sure. the reason is simple. it works.

juggernaut
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Lets hear it!the problem with getting creatine from red meats is that a ton of it needs to be eaten.

Mono is my favorite, but wellament is my favorite brand. Mixes well, not gritty, and cheap!

fury-
05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
thought ethyl ester was proven inferior? and i like mono cause cheap and works for me... ne one try con-cret? have no idea if that stuff is good or not and i dont think it is just monohydrate

GottaGetLean
06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
creatine mono works great meal 1 and pwo:wavey:

lilfella
07-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the delay in the response. CM gives me serious bloat and the Kre-Alkalyn doesn't. It's as simple as that. I like it for that reason.
Me 2

NPCKnight
07-03-2009, 02:14 AM
There are three times where you should take creatine. Upon waking, pre workout, and post workout.

And the best creatine is, as already stated, German CREAPURE creatine.
I take 10-20g a day from powder.

I dont think 24oz in neccessary per 5g to dissolve.

Irish
07-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Ive taken:
Maximuscle Creatamax 300(Felt bloated)
BSN Cellmass(excellent stuff)
Muscletech Creakic (Cheap with ok results)
Currently taking MET-Rx Pure Creatine Monohydrate (Real cheap and good so far)

Trixter
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Kre-alkalyn for me to avoid the excessive creatinine waste of other forms.

GeminiJedi
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
kre-alkalyn for me to avoid the excessive creatinine waste of other forms.

x2 :)

I.C.P.
07-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Mono,and it must be Creapure as all the others are made from crap polymer ingredients from china.

HOOPIE
07-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Kre Alkalyn here. Been using it for about a year now and love it

STRENGTH-TRAINING
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
i get the cheap bulk creatine which needed to be boiled in water to dissolve, then tried micronized creatine from cnp and metrx, and mixes instantly, both worked, but felt a bigger effect on micronized creatine. is it better?

Cheezboyz
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM

This sounds a lot like broscience. Does anyone have a study that show that creatine in not absorbed by the gut unless is is predissolved in water?

My brother mixes his Creapure in hot water to create a solution. He was trying to convince me to do the same stating that our stomach won't be able to absorb the creatine if it is not in solution. I don't agree. I am with Tiramisu -- this is broscience.

If you want to say that creatine will be better absorbed in a solution, then fine I will agree. But to say Creatine will NOT be absorbed UNLESS in a solution -- I will need to see a study.

Militantmuscle, I am PMing you right now, I hope you will respond. I'd also like to know why you say 24 ounces is required. Appreciated bro.

I'd also include some salt in with that solution to help with the absorption.

I heard this many years ago on a forum. Frosty, can you explain your reasoning behind this? Is this supported by science? Thanks bro.

Frosty
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I heard this many years ago on a forum. Frosty, can you explain your reasoning behind this? Is this supported by science? Thanks bro.

I got this from Author L. Rea years ago in "Building the Perfect Beast." I asked him about it recently and he said this:

"The cellular sodium pumps that allow nutrient transport depend upon...(shock here, huh?) sodium so yes, if you want the most from any creatine product sodium salts are needed. Its part of the reason glycogen loading is tough before a show when sodium depletion is used. The pumps fail to function fully."

From Author in his Q&A thread in the ALRI forums, post #599.

RX Muscle Forums - View Single Post - Q&A with Author L. Rea!