PDA

View Full Version : 2009 tampa show is on!!!!!!!

debbiebramwell
04-01-2009, 07:56 PM
http://siouxcountry.com/images/icons/icon1.gif *** 2009 IFBB TAMPA PBW FEMALE DIVISION ***
2009 REINSTATEMENT CONFIRMED

It was quite the painful dilema on March 17th to publically announce that I would have to cancel the IFBB female bodybuilding division from the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships' schedule. After the announcement reached the bodybuilding community, a few individuals reached out to me and asked what could be done to bring female bodybuilding back to Tampa in 2010. I simply replied that just that particular division alone budgets out to $12,000 which does not include any costs of the venue, judges, stage set, hotel, advertising, transportation, trophies, etc. and that I would require it by December of 2009 to inform the IFBB office of my 2010 intentions.

Two weeks later, we fast forward to what has miraculously transpired to only a short ten days of effort to raise, collect and dedicate not $12,000 but $17,000 to the IFBB female bodybuilding sponsorship of our Tampa production.

I know what you are thinking, April's Fools, right? As surreal as this seems, this is 100% fact. With IFBB Pro Debbie Bramwell at the helm, siouxcountry.com, photographer John Hawley and approximately twelve individuals plus Ed and Betty Pariso as its supporting cast shot out of the gates by way of paypal to pledge $3,400. Great pace for a December '09 target date! Lo and behold, I wake up on Saturday the 28th to an anonymous email stating that his website community, unrealmuscle.com would contribute the balance of $8,600 and asked would that solidify a 2010 Tampa event? I replied that I would inform Mr. Manion of our intentions and start planning for 2010. Later in the day a second email appears asking if the 2009 female portion could be reinstated since the sponsorship budget was covered so early and also if additional funds were raised if it were possible to be added to the female bodybuilders' prize money? Again, another reply of I will inform Mr. Manion and we will also have to confirm the sponsorship deposits before making a public announcement of that magnitude.

Ladies and gentlemen of our vast and prestigious IFBB and NPC family, I am so honored to report today that the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships will be intact just as its inaugural season with IFBB open men, IFBB 202 lb. men and IFBB open women bodybuilding in conjunction with the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships.

After careful discussion with Mr. Manion, his vote of confidence and the strong support from siouxcountry.com and unrealmuscle.com, I decided to reinstate the female portion and bring it back stronger for the athletes and fans alike. We have increased the prize money and added two more places to our contest as such:

1st - $5,000 *
2nd - $3,000 *
3rd - $1,500 *
4th - $1,000
5th - $500

* Olympia qualification

There will also be a best poser award of $500.

This is a true testament to our bodybuilding community supporting its sport of passion without segregation of its forms of disciplines. This is short of being unbelievable, especially in spite of our current economic environment. I cannot speak highly enough of the positive impact that siouxcountry.com & unrealmuscle.com have placed on our entire sport and not just for the love of female bodybuilding but the love of our organization(s). This will set a new precedence of enthusiasm and pride that will hopefully be contagious for all of our IFBB shows, the platform for our champion athletes.

Thank you.
Tim Gardner
www.ifbbtampapro.com (http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
:excited::excited:

fitbody
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
this is great news
when IFBB PRO ATHENA SIGANAKIS emailed me of the thread on siouxcountry.com asking for donations to help sponsor the 2010 Tampa Pro Show because this years womens bodybuilding contest had been cancelled due to lack of sponsors, she said not only ourselves but for all the women who come after us...

I immediately sent what i could...
the only thing i know to do is put my money where my mouth is
and show that i care

robert da strongman
04-01-2009, 08:40 PM
awesome for the ladies!

dvsness
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
:jump:

esplendido
04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
And people say soiuxcountry doesn't do anything for women's bbing!

debbiebramwell
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM

:D isnt this great!!

pnohe
04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
good news...

JackieRTP
04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Super news! :excited:

Vicki Nixon
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Thank God we have peeps out there who care enough to do something!
way to go!!!!:beerbang:

Big J1
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I felt that since Debbie reposted the Tim Gardner reinstatement post, I would post his additional comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big j1 http://siouxcountry.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=190088#post190088)
Always liked that name for a FBB,,,,,As far as an oversight, I think Lisa was referring to the letter from Tim...not the post from Sioux....this effort was remarkable in its speed and success....Tim will also acknowledge Species and Hard Culture among others who have earmarked funds for the Women FBB's....I think his letter here was to acknowledge the great effort of this board, not to denigrate or omit others.

Thanks to 2hot4u for the props and mel, pulling together is what it is all about.

Big J1

Hey Joel!

Thanks for the phone call last night; the vote of confidence, kind words, updates and all of the support. My reinstatement announcement letter did not have any oversights. I simply gave a breakdown of the sponsorship money that was sent in from siouxcountry.com and unrealmuscle.com.

Presently, I am in the final stages of wrapping up our graphics for the promotion of the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships & NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships. By mid-April those graphics will be on flyers and our website, www.ifbbtampapro.com (http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/) and will also be our first launch of recognizing the sponsors who have already contractually came onboard for our 2009 event. I apologize if any individual or companies felt slighted with my announcement and assumed that I was referring to all entities who have sent in sponsorship money for our 2009 show.

I would like to give a preseason plug for those who have already sent in their sponsorships along with others who have verbally committed and lastly, those who have inquired with strong interest.

SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED
ProBodybuildingWeekly.com
Eric Davis & Hard Culture
Beverly International
Mostmuscular.com
Advanced Brands
Probodybuilding.com
Siouxcountry.com
Unrealmuscle.com

CHECK IS IN THE MAIL
Met-Rx
Worldwide Nutrition
Species
Gaspari Nutrition
ALR Industries
Tight Curves
USA Muscle
HR Fitness
Labrada Nutrition
Camp Muscle
Dymatize
Max Muscle
Ironville
Muscleology
Bentancourt
Hardcore Gear
NFPT
Crunk
Silverbac

TAMPA WEEKEND VACATION?
MuscleTech
BSN
Flex
Squatsponge
ISS
Muscle Mag
Bodybuilding.com
Muscular Development
Lonestar
MHP
Posedown
IDS
Cellucor
EJMcompany
Allmax
Nutraloid
House of Pain

If anyone is interested in any level of IFBB & NPC sponsorship for our August event, please email a request to [email protected] ([email protected]) and I will forward our vendor sponsorship packet to you.

I cannot reiterate enough of my gratitude towards our IFBB and NPC community for assisting me in making Tampa a city synonymously known each year for rolling out the red carpet to decorate and showcase all of our athletes.

Best Always,
Tim Gardner

debbiebramwell
04-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I felt that since Debbie reposted the Tim Gardner reinstatement post, I would post his additional comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big j1 http://siouxcountry.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=190088#post190088)
Always liked that name for a FBB,,,,,As far as an oversight, I think Lisa was referring to the letter from Tim...not the post from Sioux....this effort was remarkable in its speed and success....Tim will also acknowledge Species and Hard Culture among others who have earmarked funds for the Women FBB's....I think his letter here was to acknowledge the great effort of this board, not to denigrate or omit others.

Thanks to 2hot4u for the props and mel, pulling together is what it is all about.

Big J1

Hey Joel!

Thanks for the phone call last night; the vote of confidence, kind words, updates and all of the support. My reinstatement announcement letter did not have any oversights. I simply gave a breakdown of the sponsorship money that was sent in from siouxcountry.com and unrealmuscle.com.

Presently, I am in the final stages of wrapping up our graphics for the promotion of the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships & NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships. By mid-April those graphics will be on flyers and our website, www.ifbbtampapro.com (http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/) and will also be our first launch of recognizing the sponsors who have already contractually came onboard for our 2009 event. I apologize if any individual or companies felt slighted with my announcement and assumed that I was referring to all entities who have sent in sponsorship money for our 2009 show.

I would like to give a preseason plug for those who have already sent in their sponsorships along with others who have verbally committed and lastly, those who have inquired with strong interest.

SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED
ProBodybuildingWeekly.com
Eric Davis & Hard Culture
Beverly International
Mostmuscular.com
Advanced Brands
Probodybuilding.com
Siouxcountry.com
Unrealmuscle.com

CHECK IS IN THE MAIL
Met-Rx
Worldwide Nutrition
Species
Gaspari Nutrition
ALR Industries
Tight Curves
USA Muscle
HR Fitness
Labrada Nutrition
Camp Muscle
Dymatize
Max Muscle
Ironville
Muscleology
Bentancourt
Hardcore Gear
NFPT
Crunk
Silverbac

TAMPA WEEKEND VACATION?
MuscleTech
BSN
Flex
Squatsponge
ISS
Muscle Mag
Bodybuilding.com
Muscular Development
Lonestar
MHP
Posedown
IDS
Cellucor
EJMcompany
Allmax
Nutraloid
House of Pain

If anyone is interested in any level of IFBB & NPC sponsorship for our August event, please email a request to [email protected] ([email protected]) and I will forward our vendor sponsorship packet to you.

I cannot reiterate enough of my gratitude towards our IFBB and NPC community for assisting me in making Tampa a city synonymously known each year for rolling out the red carpet to decorate and showcase all of our athletes.

Best Always,
Tim Gardner
:beerbang: thanks Joel for being a positive part in all this....and species/rxmsucle!:bowdown:

fitmomma3
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
This is an amazing accomplishment to support the sport!!!! That's a hell of a lot of money and it was rounded up so quickly!!!:beerbang:

FitGems
04-04-2009, 11:39 PM
This is what happens when you ask for support. :beerbang:

Congrats to everyone involved!!!

Sandpig
04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Yea, I've got new respect for him now. :cool:

Congrats ladies. :beerbang:

siouxcountry
04-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Debbie you rock! :wavey:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/0timA300000000000.png

siouxcountry
04-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Tim Gardner was on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Radio this evening.

Title of show...............

Date: 04/06/09 - Vinny Galanti's 24-Year Road To The Pros.

Tim's interview starts at 12 minutes into the show.

If you have any interest in competitive female bodybuilding you'll want to listen to the short interview. :)

tammyp
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
great job deb! maybe we have a womens rep hat for you in the future!

GirlyMuscle
04-07-2009, 05:24 PM
great job deb! maybe we have a womens rep hat for you in the future!
What an awesome idea! When is the election? ;)

Angela123
04-07-2009, 05:54 PM
this is great...im so glad we have amazing supporters for fbb...that money was rounded up fast! this is the kind of news that just makes you feel 'oh so good.' all giddy...like a kid at xmas time.

thanks deb and to all the supporters.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Yea, I've got new respect for him now. :cool:

Congrats ladies. :beerbang:

Agreed!! Good job, Sioux :ok: and Debbie :D

debbiebramwell
04-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Agreed!! Good job, Sioux :ok: and Debbie :D

awww haha you guys are cute! thank you! its amazing what people can do together!:beerbang:

SallyAnne
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
This is an amazing accomplishment to support the sport!!!! That's a hell of a lot of money and it was rounded up so quickly!!!:beerbang:

Agreed - my respect to everyone who raised the funds and helped promote the show. :bowdown:

Scoobysnacks
04-08-2009, 12:13 PM
:D isnt this great!!

It is GREAT NEWS, and I found your thread:D. You came to my section when I asked, fair is fair.

Ss

sassy69
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
This is an awesome show of rallying the troops! Fantastic work & props to Sioux, Debbie and all those involved!

Jake W
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I was happy to contribute to the unrealmuscle.com effort and I really do thank the others there that gave soo much. A big thanks to FemFlex, Vas and Bernie. You can always count on the core guys to come through - to the tune of $13,600.... F'n A.

Also a big thanks to Debbie B, if she had not gotten the ball rolling we would have just sat on our hands and done nothing. Thanks for showing us the possibilities Debbie. And a big thanks to the rest of the siouxcountry.com community for being such a positive force in the FBB world.

sweetjane57
04-11-2009, 09:23 PM
good people. good news. good times.
let the deservable be appreciated:bowdown:

TG FLEX
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I was happy to contribute to the unrealmuscle.com effort and I really do thank the others there that gave soo much. A big thanks to FemFlex, Vas and Bernie. You can always count on the core guys to come through - to the tune of $13,600.... F'n A.

Also a big thanks to Debbie B, if she had not gotten the ball rolling we would have just sat on our hands and done nothing. Thanks for showing us the possibilities Debbie. And a big thanks to the rest of the siouxcountry.com community for being such a positive force in the FBB world.

Also a BIG thanks to you! :beerbang:

Jake W
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
You betcha Mr. Gardner. I hope to see you at the USA's!

FitGems
04-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Congrats to everyone that got involved in this! Big props to all! :beerbang:

Heather Grace
04-12-2009, 12:11 AM
:excited:

Biggie973
04-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I would like to see Women support women bodybuilding. I think that would help the support even more.

FitnFirm
04-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Congrats Girls !

siouxcountry
04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Tim Gardner:

PERTINENT INFO ON '09 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships

PROBODYBUILDING.COM & BODY*TECH FITNESS EMPORIUM
UNREALMUSCLE.COM ~ SIOUXCOUNTRY.COM ~ SPECIES

proudly presents

2009 IFBB
PRO BODYBUILDING WEEKLY
CHAMPIONSHIPS
www.pbwproshow.com

IFBB professional bodybuilders from all over the globe competing in beautiful sunny Tampa, Florida

AUGUST 7th & 8th
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
Carol Morsani Hall
Audubon Ballroom @ Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay (813) 874.1234 2900 Bayport Drive, Tampa, Fl 33607
Special discounted room rates @ $129 per night. Group name ~ IFBB bodybuilding
or
reserve online @ http://grandtampabay.hyatt.com/grou...g/tparwbody2009

Athletes, judges, officials, fans and guests will receive free shuttle transportation to and from Tampa International Airport to the hotel courtesy of Tim Gardner and the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

There will also be dedicated Blue One tour buses that will run on the ˝ hour to Downtown Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center from the Grand Hyatt for Saturday’s events for a nominal $3 one-way fee

A bodybuilding friendly menu to accommodate pre-contest food requirements has been designed by Tim Gardner and the Grand Hyatt chef that will be available at the hotel restaurant & room service

IFBB MEET THE PROS media conference will be held in the Audubon Grand Ballroom on Friday, August 7th, 2:30pm – 4:30pm. Fans are welcome to observe the competitors registration check-in, media interviews, pre-game banter and autograph signings. Dan Solomon & Bob Cicherillo of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly,
“the voice of professional bodybuilding” will be hosting this gala event.

NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza prejudging will be @ the Audubon Ballroom on Friday @ 630pm

IFBB PBW preliminaries will be held at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center on Saturday @ 9am

The IFBB & NPC evening finals will be presented in the Carol Morsani Hall inside of TBPAC @ 6pm

Tim’s Tantalizing “Competitors & Judges Banquet” will be backstage during the contest

Press, staff & athlete credentials will be strictly enforced ~ $25 backstage passes will be available

Whiskey Joe’s will be the host site for our after-party immediately following our evening finals

Visit us for more details @ www.pbwproshow.com or contact Tim Gardner @ (813) 908.7763

Friday NPC Prejudging 6:30pm $12 (at door only) ~ Saturday IFBB Prejudging 9am $35
Finals 6pm VIP $75 ~ Reserved $55 ~ Mezzanine $45 ~ Balcony & Gallery $30 Tickets @ www.tbpac.org

siouxcountry
04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
or

siouxcountry
04-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello Moderator,

Add this link to Tim's post above that I quoted.

http://grandtampabay.hyatt.com/groupbooking/tparwbody2009

And delete this one and the one above. Thanks

Mike the Ripper
04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
:wavey:

siouxcountry
04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
:wavey:

:rolleyes:

thepump
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Glad to see that the women are going to be at the Tampa show. Looking forward to seeing you compete again. We actually live very close to the show so we will definitly be there. Look forward to seeing you again. Will your surgery be done by then?

Musclepapa John
04-13-2009, 09:00 PM
or

Thanks for the update Sioux:popcorn:

siouxcountry
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the update Sioux:popcorn:

Thanks, John!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/thepbwfinalposter1.jpg

TG FLEX
04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
www.pbwproshow.com (http://www.pbwproshow.com/)

siouxcountry
04-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Date of show: August 7-8, 2009

Website has been updated................

http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/

Venue...........

http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/venues.htm

Hotel..........

http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/hotel.htm

Countless rave reviews of the inaugural 2008 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships production given by our industry's experts, the athletes, officials, judges, fans and the media such as Flex Magazine, Muscle Mag, Muscular Development and Southern Muscle Plus makes for a winning formula for this show's continued success and sound foundation for years to come. The main sponsors also played an integral role with the contest's notoriety and some major companies have already inquired about becoming more involved on a larger scale for 2009.

Presented by the promotional efforts of Tim Gardner and his BODY*TECH Fitness Emporium staff, along with industry icon title sponsor, Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, "the voice of professional bodybuilding", the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships in conjunction with the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships will be held on August 7th and 8th at the prestigious Downtown Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Carol Morsani Hall on the banks of the Hillsborough River located near the historic Ybor City district and the Channelside of Tampa Bay. The Grand Hyatt on Tampa Bay incorporating a bodybuilding friendly menu will be the official host hotel for the athletes, judges and attendees and also the venue for the NPC preliminary rounds. This Tampa professional bodybuilding weekend will include a "Meet the IFBB Athletes" media conference on Friday afternoon. Immediately following will be the NPC competition that will kick-off with the preliminary rounds on Friday evening for the NPC bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini divisions. The IFBB 202 lb. men bodybuilding, IFBB open women and IFBB open men bodybuilding preliminary rounds will begin on Saturday morning and will lead into Saturday evening's finals that will be followed by a post-contest competitors fan appreciation party at Whiskey Joe's. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Warrick Dunn Foundation onstage during the evening finals.

Tim Gardner and the BODY*TECH staff will proudly strive to make the 2009 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships and the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships one of the most innovative and entertaining productions on the IFBB and NPC calendar for the competitors and spectators alike. This event will continue to be first rate and all of the athletes will be pampered with red carpet treatment throughout this entire weekend. Niels Andersen sculptured awards, contest apparel and prize monies will be presented to the top IFBB finalists in their respective classes along with Mr. & Ms. Olympia qualifications for the top finishers in the IFBB open divisions. Contest color expert, Jan Tana will be on hand for the athletes as the official tanning team to assist with those finishing touches. Additionally, a plethora of individual recognition will fill the evening finals itinerary to the top IFBB entertainers posing in the open men, women & 202 lb. men divisions with Best Poser Awards respectively. Also, the prestigious Ben Weider Achievement Award will carry on its rich Tampa tradition by being presented to an accomplished individual of our industry

http://www.ifbbtampapro.com/about.htm