PDA

View Full Version : Follow me to India!

Sabie
07-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi I'm Sabrina Taylor IFBB Pro and I will be doing a journal of my road to the Sheru Classic. I'm not much of a internet person but I want to take my first stab at sharing, meeting new people and networking with RX muscle!

It all began in Figure in the United Kingdom. Great experience and loved the physiques that were awarded. Moving to Okinawa, Japan I found Fitness. First show Emerald cup, overall win then I earned my Fitness Pro card at the USA in 2004. Competed for a year about, 3 show then our country went to war with Iraq. I was active duty military when I first started competing. Work ups for deployment and a shoulder injury took me out of competing.

Fast forward to 2009, not wanting to face another injury with fitness I entered the Figure world. I have stayed with figure since and now look ahead to probably one of my most memorable opportunities to be a part and take this Road to India! :)

10 weeks and ready to Ruuuummmmmmbbbbleeeee!

The Big Sexy
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Ah hem... around these parts they like to see pictures... :)

And just because you are my girl... doesn't mean you have any special rules... here you go boys (and girls)... Miss Sabrina Taylor!

The Big Sexy
07-19-2011, 07:16 PM
TmrzvZvZlwk

PksJKMv9tUk

hE_RDqOgziI

stephaniewicked
07-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Woohoo... welcome girl!! :hmn: So nice to finally see you on here...

Excited to follow your journey!

The Prodigy
07-19-2011, 11:23 PM
YAHOO!!!!! I am here for the ride lady!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabie
07-22-2011, 12:22 AM
So much to learn TBS! Do I have to report to detention? Lol. Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.
The days this week have been in fast forward for me.
For this week I will only be hitting 30 min of cardio 5x.
Monday was a rest day from cardio and training.
Tuesday I found myself at the gym at 2100! Boy, there's a whole different type of crowd at night. I snuck a chest workout in there. Dumbbell inclines, incline flys, push ups and rear delts then finished with stairclimber 30min
Wednesday trained back... another body part I'm suppose to "slow down on", so I concentrated on my negatives. LOL. Jumped on the stairclimber and knocked out 30 min again.
Today had my Camp Pendleton bodybuilding and powerlifting team meeting at 1700. One of our better meetings. I hope to share some of my photos of Marines and Sailors on the team. Today was hard though after meeting to Find the energy to get my hamstrings in

Single leg Standing curls 35lbs , 12 reps 4sets each set followed by:
jumping lunges with 25lbs 16 reps and sumo squats 25lbs 15 reps. Ouch!

Walking lunges 27.5lbs, length of gym about 25 steps, 10 lifting back leg and squeezing glute each set followed by:
Lying leg curls 110lbs, 12 reps 4 sets

Lunges single leg of bench 17.5 lbs 18 reps 4 sets

Followed by...CARDIO!

Now I've caught you up with my week. I'll be headed to LA championships tomorrow in Culver City, CA. Working the ALR booth with someone you all my know. :). Should be a great weekend and looking forward to stopping by 619 Muscle Long Beach on the way back home.

8itup
07-22-2011, 12:26 AM
<---- Loves India been 5x. Good luck gurl!

Growin24/7
07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Best of luck!!!

The Big Sexy
07-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Great update to your journal!!!!!!

stephaniewicked
07-22-2011, 04:56 AM
The night crowd at my gym is much different than the early crowd, I've noticed... unfortunately (because of work), I only get to train at night. I'd love to hit it earlier, but it's just not an option for me at this point.

The stairclimber is my favorite piece of cardio equipment... we meet every weekday morning! :)

Have fun this weekend!!

FitGems
07-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Great journal this far, Sabrina! Here's hoping you have the time of your life in India and things start to turn around for you in terms of placing. Best of luck to you! :)

Sabie
08-02-2011, 12:48 PM
<---- Loves India been 5x. Good luck gurl!

5x! So you must tell me at least 3 things I have to do or experience in Mumbia , besides the hotel while I'm there.

Sabie
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Got back yesterday from Vegas, in 5 hours! Fantastic driving by TBS. Especially when he had both hands on the wheel. We had a great time at USA, congrats to all the top 5 placings and new Pros!
Hit the Flamingo Golds as well! Plan was shoulders and arms..... What happen was 30 min of shoulders and no time for arms. Oh and a light scolding from a certain someone for grapping the heavier weight since the weight I needed wasn't available. Old habits, I have to admit the weight was heavy but felt good. :yep: Then scurried over to everyone's favorite: stairclimber for my 30 min of heaven.
Also hit quads while in Vegas, we did an early morning workout. Kept it simple with
Legs press: 2 warm up sets followed by 270lbs , 20reps 3sets
Hack squats: 70lbs, 20reps 4sets
Single leg extensions 5sets.
Lunges on smith machine 25lbs, 15reps 4x
AND my cardio!
We hit training early so I could have my breakfast cheat meal. Yah! It was my first buffet in Vegas:hypno: food everywhere!
I'll post pics , can't at the moment.
Ready to visit a new gym today, Carlsbad 24hour.

The Big Sexy
08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
SJ8alKq1Q6Q

New Video of Sabrina training at Metroflex Gym in Long Beach!!!

8itup
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
5x! So you must tell me at least 3 things I have to do or experience in Mumbia , besides the hotel while I'm there.

Ok Mumbia insane I head out into Deep India top pick is:

1. Ellora Caves http://www.elloracaves.org/index.php
2. Goa http://bit.ly/oofno9
3. Ride in a RickShaw!!! you can do that in Mumbia and go to the a bazaar get some authentic Indian Chai from a Chaiwalla fyi swirl it around in the saucer its hot as !@## and drink from the tea cup saucer (I'm serious that's how they do it) its made from buffalo milk ginger vanilla cinnamon and sugar. Sooo yummy and watch out for the beggers they are pros just be a local mindset and move through or else you will get swarmed like birds flying to someone feeding them,,,

Have fun and good luck!;)

TheForce
08-07-2011, 11:38 PM
:yep:

The Big Sexy
08-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Can you bring food into India? Obviously Sabrina will be prepping (her show is there) and I will also be about 10 weeks out from my show. So, pretty strict diet. Can't just eat whatever. I was going to freeze and food saver my food and throw it in my checked bag... but if they are just going to confiscate it all... ??

8itup
08-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Can you bring food into India? Obviously Sabrina will be prepping (her show is there) and I will also be about 10 weeks out from my show. So, pretty strict diet. Can't just eat whatever. I was going to freeze and food saver my food and throw it in my checked bag... but if they are just going to confiscate it all... ??

Yes should be fine I bring dark chocolate not sure why but after a couple weeks I crave it and it's like gold there (I usually go for 2 mths when I go) India chocolate is odd almost perfume'ish or powdery everything taste dif in India the bananas,yogurt,bread,ice cream... so if you crave chocolate bring some for after your show.

Sabie
08-23-2011, 10:28 PM
The weeks seem to be busy and eventful last month, this month and for sure next month. Today was a rest day from training, in the next 20 min I'll be hitting the treadmil... stairmaster... aye I'll make that decision as my hand opens the gym door, for my 40min of "thank gosh I have my Ipod" cardio session. :yep:
My parents have moved down from up North, its been a hard move for them but I am thankful to have them so close. After spending years in different countries I'm looking forward, even with all that comes with it, having them 5 streets away. But damn has it been stressful. Lol
Enjoying my new workout , thanks to Coach PJ!!:yourock:
Looking forward to the results to be showcased at..... Sheru Classic 24-25 Sept Mumbia India:excited:
Well its that time..... al gymnasio voy

AVBG
08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
One Man Gang is One Lucky Fella!!