PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Myths - Reps - Training

GrowthGifted
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Ok guys,
what's the best/most correct way to perform a REP, in order to cause muscle hypertrophy ?

Using heavy weight or Lighter weight ?

How should the POSITIVE MOVEMENT BE PERFORM?

How should the static moment feel like ( Should we contract the msucle or simply follow the movement without focusing too much on a contraction ) and how long should it be holded for ?

The negative should be done on a cotrolled movement ? Or just a little slower than the explosive negative ?

Does training HEAVE, LOW REPS = rise in body fat ?

thanks!

chasebny
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
This is going to suck but. . .
THERE IS NO ANSWER.

I personally would suggest an explosive positive with a controlled negative. Stretch and contraction phases are individual to exercise.

Heavy low reps doesnt make you fat, diet does.

Rep range for hypertrophy is individualistic, the key is progressing in a given rep range.

LayItDown
04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
THERE IS NO ANSWER.

I personally would suggest an explosive positive with a controlled negative. Stretch and contraction phases are individual to exercise.

Rep range for hypertrophy is individualistic, the key is progressing in a given rep range.

Agreed! but i usually tell people that they need to first understand THEIR own physiology. meaning their natural movements and learn how different contractions feel during different ranges of motion. but for a newer lifter i would definetely go with the full ROM with emphasis on contraction and stretch and not on how many plates they holdin

bigtimektz
04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
THERE IS NO ANSWER.

This is solid advice right here.
Also to add the entire motion of the movement should be under control. You never want to be heaving the weight around and sacrificing form.