PDA

View Full Version : Sour Apple Better Protein Bar Review

Young Gotti
07-21-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm always looking for a tasty high protein snack....I mean who isn't, weather your bulking and need the calories or cutting and looking for get a little something in you to boost the metabolism, a good all natural snack is helpful.

I grabbed a bag of Better Protein Bars, flavored Sour Apple. I love sour apple stuff, like candy and pre workout drinks so I figured I'd give this flavor a shot. Didn't really know what to expect though since it's a protein bar and not a powdered drink or candy.

Ease of Use: These things are simple to make, once you have all the stuff needed it will take 5 minutes to put everything together. Besides the bag off mix you receive you will also need peanut butter, honey, and water. I think an 8 year old would have no problem with making these.

Taste: Like I mentioned I wasn't sure what to expect. This flavor is amazing! It has a slight sour apple flavor but not to powerful. I prefer mine cold for whatever reason but it doesn't make them tough or crispy at all when they are cold. When they are warm they are nice and soft. I even microwaved them and made them super soft and it was a nice treat that way as well.

I like to use these bars as a form of solid food protein after workouts since it has carbs and some sugar in them. I've also used them in the morning to supplement my breakfast to boost protein early on in the day. If you ever enjoyed dunking cookies in milk as a child, I've also done this and it's an awesome treat that. My mother was intrigued with these products and enjoyed eating a bar with her morning coffee and with her nightly cup of tea.

If your tired of spending $4 and up on protein bars or a quick snack at a store when in a rush these bars are not only natural but also come in handy as you can cut them, put them in a plastic bag and have them when needed. If your cutting or don't want a full bar these bars also give you the option to cut them down to your size.

EVO rep
07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
these are the better protein bars sold at needtobuildmuscle?

Young Gotti
07-21-2011, 09:36 AM
these are the better protein bars sold at needtobuildmuscle?

yes they are, needtobuildmuscle.com, use the code needto319 at checkout to save 15%, and as always free shipping on all orders

TheGent
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
yes they are, needtobuildmuscle.com, use the code needto319 at checkout to save 15%, and as always free shipping on all orders

Check that bro; should be needto139.

Nice review on the bars. I've yet to try the sour apple or the butterscotch, but all the ones I've tried are great. So much good stuff over at N2BM and not enough time!

Young Gotti
07-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Check that bro; should be needto139.

Nice review on the bars. I've yet to try the sour apple or the butterscotch, but all the ones I've tried are great. So much good stuff over at N2BM and not enough time!

haha thanks man, my bad....sour apples my favorite that i've tried so far

TheGent
07-21-2011, 11:40 AM
That's next on my list to try just as soon as I go through the three bags I got sittin at the house.

EVO rep
07-22-2011, 04:38 AM
never tried the sourapple

loved the butterscotch blend

SouthernLord
07-23-2011, 12:48 PM
The sour apple bars are my favorite.

Apples and PB go very well together :D

mathew34
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
i tried also sour apple bars, apple might be my favorite flavor.. but they all so damn good.

daft205
07-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Nice review gotti! I've tried pretty much all the other flavors, but have yet to try the sour apple- I was worried about the apple flavor being to strong, but you make em sound pretty good- definitely gonna have to try the sour apple next.

Young Gotti
07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice review gotti! I've tried pretty much all the other flavors, but have yet to try the sour apple- I was worried about the apple flavor being to strong, but you make em sound pretty good- definitely gonna have to try the sour apple next.

yeah the apple flavor isn't overkil, it's mild which is perfect for me atleast

mathew34
07-26-2011, 04:20 AM
yes, great to hear that bro! I love protein bars sold at NTBM too these bars are so yummy..nothing like all-natural protein bar.

Gawd
07-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Hate the name, it kept me from trying them for a while.

Glad I finally did though cause this protein bar flavor is freakin phenominal!