PDA

View Full Version : IFBB Pro Ann Titone's Training Journal

The Prodigy
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Ann Titone's Journey To The Olympia: 8 Weeks Out!I have been contemplating on how to start this training journal/blog for my Olympia prep and I think the best way to do it is... just do it. So here goes.

First of all, thank you for following along. Since this is my first blog, I want to share with you a couple of very intimate thoughts. I didn't even consider competing until March 2007. I had been a kind of "gym rat" off and on for a few years; nothing too serious and I didn't even know the first thing about the NPC or IFBB for that matter.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgirl/jaime-bairds-road-to-the-olympia/3731-ann-titones-journey-to-the-olympia-8-weeks-out.html

Bryan Hildebrand
07-23-2011, 12:55 PM
there's my girl!

The Prodigy
07-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I thought I was your girl....ugh....

Ann....I love the fact that you and Jack put your marriage first! It is definately a challenge to balance both relationships!

Bryan Hildebrand
07-23-2011, 01:31 PM
in my best texas accent; 'all y'all my girls.

fitgirltitone
07-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey Gail, thanks for all your help!! Once again...great job!!

fitgirltitone
07-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I wonder if I SHOULD POST RECENT pictures.....not ones from 2 years ago. lol

Ibarramedia
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Post away. :)

stephaniewicked
07-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Great first journal entry Ann... I'd love to trade "problems" with you. I can't stand my wide hips... I'm happy to give them away!! :p

Sandpig
07-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Good luck with the prep, Ann.

fitgirltitone
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks so much everybody. We had a very sucessful weekend in Pittsburgh at Masters National. Our "Diva", Lisa Zisa did very well! Placing 3rd in over 35 and 2nd in over 40. Im so proud of her. :excited:
We had a booth for Hydrolyze Ultra. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, it is an Alkaline/Clustered water. It was really great to hear so many people speak so highly of it and talk about how great they feel since they started drinking it. It was especially cool that a guy drove 1.5 hours and sat in the lobby for like an hour or so, waiting for us to walk out of the venue so he could buy a case.
AND...I wasnt the only one who woke up with a headache, drank a bottle and it went away...but dont take MY word for it... if you feel compelled to get more info about it or order a case go to www.hydrolyzeultra.com (http://www.hydrolyzeultra.com), we are currently running an insane special, buy a case or 24 for 17.00.

Anyway, other than that, today is my birthday, I am 21 and holding for anyone who wants to know...dunno if Im gonna get a little cheat meal tonight or not. I had a few meals outside of the plastic baggie this weekend, no matter how clean...its not the regimen so we will see. Mondays are my long days at work so hopefully there will be a surprise waiting for me when I get home, and Im not referring to a naked man on a bed of roses either...LOL.

Tommorrow is my first leg workout for my Olympia prep...I can only imagine what is in store...Ill def keep ya posted on how that goes...

SweetCapri
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks so much everybody. We had a very sucessful weekend in Pittsburgh at Masters National. Our "Diva", Lisa Zisa did very well! Placing 3rd in over 35 and 2nd in over 40. Im so proud of her. :excited:
We had a booth for Hydrolyze Ultra. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, it is an Alkaline/Clustered water. It was really great to hear so many people speak so highly of it and talk about how great they feel since they started drinking it. It was especially cool that a guy drove 1.5 hours and sat in the lobby for like an hour or so, waiting for us to walk out of the venue so he could buy a case.
AND...I wasnt the only one who woke up with a headache, drank a bottle and it went away...but dont take MY word for it... if you feel compelled to get more info about it or order a case go to www.hydrolyzeultra.com (http://www.hydrolyzeultra.com), we are currently running an insane special, buy a case or 24 for 17.00.

Anyway, other than that, today is my birthday, I am 21 and holding for anyone who wants to know...dunno if Im gonna get a little cheat meal tonight or not. I had a few meals outside of the plastic baggie this weekend, no matter how clean...its not the regimen so we will see. Mondays are my long days at work so hopefully there will be a surprise waiting for me when I get home, and Im not referring to a naked man on a bed of roses either...LOL.

Tommorrow is my first leg workout for my Olympia prep...I can only imagine what is in store...Ill def keep ya posted on how that goes...
So proud of Lisa as well. Although we can't really see what she does, just from reading her FB posts you could totally tell she was 110% on it and focused!
Please post some recent pics...you looked amazing already at the bros vs pros....such tiny waist!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Best looking 21 year old I've ever seen! :hmn:

The Prodigy
08-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Ann Titone's Journey To The Olympia: 7 Weeks Out!

Yesterday was officially 7 weeks away from the O. I'm so psyched... I usually train legs on Sat, but today I spent the day with my fam celebrating my oldest baby brothers birthday. We went ziplining....

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rxgirl/jaime-bairds-road-to-the-olympia/3821-ann-titones-journey-to-the-olympia-7-weeks-out-.html

Darielle
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing Ann at the O!! Ann-- I remember you telling me about this bday plan when we were in jersey..very happy to see you were able to take the day off and enjoy your family! :) x0x0

fitgirltitone
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Today was the infamous leg day. Tuesdays are my favorite weekday because I dont have to go into work until 930 and Im only there for 4 hours so its an easy day. Not to mention the office is technically closed so Im there alone...BUT on the flip side of that, its one of my hardest workout days too..LEGS! So my anticipation heightens the closer 130 gets....LOL

So this morn I woke up feeling pretty good. Weight is still headed in the right direction (down) and my cardio felt awesome. I was amazingly strong in the gym today, which is always a great feeling. My reps were down and weight is up with each set to put on a lil size. I have been blessed today with 10 more carbs so that makes me happy too. 6 weeks n 3 days....counting down baby!!

fitgirltitone
08-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Nuther all around awesome day, considering I went to bed at 9 but didnt fall asleep until 1 and got up at crack ass of dawn at 445. But whos complaining? LOL

Today was back, my exercises are very minimal for this body part, I tend to get too muscular so rather than focus on thickness, I'm more concerned with width. Only 12 sets back and for the first time in AGES I did some 200 reps of abs tonight. That'll be good enuff for the next 6 months...

The ONLY thing I can complain about is these damn menstrual cramps...I get em before, during AND after my period...THAT SUCKS!!

Tomorrow is the FitBod Talk show, ya'll listen in...gonna be some good stuff!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fit-bod-radio-show#.Tjf8K6KM2vY.facebook

Until then...

The Prodigy
08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Nuther all around awesome day, considering I went to bed at 9 but didnt fall asleep until 1 and got up at crack ass of dawn at 445. But whos complaining? LOL

Today was back, my exercises are very minimal for this body part, I tend to get too muscular so rather than focus on thickness, I'm more concerned with width. Only 12 sets back and for the first time in AGES I did some 200 reps of abs tonight. That'll be good enuff for the next 6 months...

The ONLY thing I can complain about is these damn menstrual cramps...I get em before, during AND after my period...THAT SUCKS!!

Tomorrow is the FitBod Talk show, ya'll listen in...gonna be some good stuff!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fit-bod-radio-show#.Tjf8K6KM2vY.facebook

Until then...

Do you have trouble sleeping when dieting? I do..it takes major drugs to knock me out!!!

fitgirltitone
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Do you have trouble sleeping when dieting? I do..it takes major drugs to knock me out!!!

When Im not dieting I dont have a problem falling asleep but I do have a problem STAYING asleep, when Im dieting, I have the problem of staying asleep AND falling asleep, its like it doesnt matter WHAT time I go to bed, I lay there FOREVER, then by the time I finally sleep, damned if it aint time to get up n start all over!!
BUT... I will say, over the past year or so I have been taking Somalyze and it helps tremendously! Not to mention when I wake up in the morn, Im up and ready for cardio.
Its usually about 1030 and 3 that I get really sleepy. Its funny, everyday I tell myself..."im goin to bed as soon as I get home" but I NEVER do... a wife and a mothers job is never done. Yes I say mother, I have 6 children (7 if you count Jack, LOL) and they all have 4 legs....

The Prodigy
08-04-2011, 04:04 PM
When Im not dieting I dont have a problem falling asleep but I do have a problem STAYING asleep, when Im dieting, I have the problem of staying asleep AND falling asleep, its like it doesnt matter WHAT time I go to bed, I lay there FOREVER, then by the time I finally sleep, damned if it aint time to get up n start all over!!
BUT... I will say, over the past year or so I have been taking Somalyze and it helps tremendously! Not to mention when I wake up in the morn, Im up and ready for cardio.
Its usually about 1030 and 3 that I get really sleepy. Its funny, everyday I tell myself..."im goin to bed as soon as I get home" but I NEVER do... a wife and a mothers job is never done. Yes I say mother, I have 6 children (7 if you count Jack, LOL) and they all have 4 legs....

LOL! I take Soma but I also take prescription stuff when I get to around 8 weeks out.

fitgirltitone
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Yesterday was my leg day, MAN I FEEL SO STRONG, its so cool to go to the gym and feel so powerful!! Makes working out so much ore enjoyable!!

Last night was my cheat meal, Im always like a fat kid in a candy store when it comes to deciding what I want...after driving around for an hour and pulling into three different restaurant parking lots I finally decided on the Chinese buffet down the street. I had salad with ranch dressing, honey glazed chicken, teriaki chicken, green beans in butter, fried rice, scrimps, and of course my fortune cookie...It read that I find beauty in ordinary things, kinda fits me well actually. Then when we came home Jack ordered Imps pizza and i got 4 squares of that. All was well until about 2 hours later, I got sick as hell. You all know that familiar feeling when you consume sugar....yep that was the one. I HATE THAT!! How are you suppose to enjoy a cheat meal knowing your gonna feel like your gonna die a couple hours later? Anyway, it passed and all it well.

Today I worked out at home after grocery shopping, cooking my food for next two days, cooking Jacks food for today and cleaning up my house a lil. I recently installed a pull up bar in my basement so I just did 6 sets of pullups and a few dumbbell rows. After my cheat meal last night I did an extra cardio today too. Everything is still on track so I am a happy camper!!

The Prodigy
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
The worst part of cheat meals is when you weight yourself the next day and the scale says you put on weight, then a day later it goes back down. Talk about a mind f***!

You had quite a cheat meal! Mike has jammed in my head that if I have a HUGE cheat meal I will lose my cheat meal faster and has me structure it so I only have a steak, potato and a small dessert. I have him and Cristina ask about it too to hold me accountable! For the first time this year I held my cheat meal til 6 weeks out!

I am glad you are on track!!! I can't wait to see you on that stage! I don't know who will be smiling bigger...Jack or me!!!:hmn:

Sunnyday
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Tagging along...good luck! :D

fitgirltitone
08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
~Hanlon's Razor

I’m sad to say, I’ve had to deal with a lot of negativity this week…however, without getting into detail I can report that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and God willing I WILL SURVIVE. I don’t give enough props to my husband for all he does. He’s a wonderful man, whether it’s when he is playing the role of coach or husband, he only has my best interest at heart and there no amount of money I would trade for that. ONWARD AND UPWARD…
We were judges for the NPC Arkansas State this weekend, it was a little difficult to get in a decent leg routine in because of the lack of good machines, but we made due and Jack still found a way to kick my ass. Unfortunately, I had one very low point in the weekend…I believe I said farewell to my last cheat meal. Because EVERYTHING closed at like 8pm Saturday night, I had my cheat on Sunday morn. (This was actually good because I wasn’t hungry in the car on the drive home) I had 2 waffles, eggs, bacon and sausages. I asked the waiter if they had sugar free syrup for my waffles and he told me no.…. I am always scared to have sugar in my cheats because of how it always makes me feel but I was already into the cheat with the bacon, sausage and fat loaded eggs so I wasn’t turning back… immediately after I ate the waffles, within minutes, I was in my carb comma. The whole 5.5 hour drive home I dozed in and out, I almost couldn’t cook my food for Mon and Tuesday when we got home.
Training is still very awesome! I’m still feeling strong everyday with no issues with morning cardio. I’m easily cranking out my 45 minutes at the crack ass of dawn. I alternate back and shoulders every other Sunday but didn’t get it in this weekend because of traveling so this week I’m going really kick it up a notch, I started off the week feeling great and I’m going to make sure it stays that way. Today is an off day, just morning cardio, tomorrow is legs (I’m actually looking forward to it) and calves, Wed will be shoulders/chest, Thurs will be back, Fri will be cardio and calves again, Saturday will be legs and Sun will be shoulders or back again.
I’m excited to be home again this weekend. Trying to get some stuff done around my house and I want to focus on getting my website updated and that bout wraps it up for me… So until next week, God Bless, and have a great week…

Jacked Up Divas
08-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
~Hanlon's Razor

I’m sad to say, I’ve had to deal with a lot of negativity this week…however, without getting into detail I can report that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and God willing I WILL SURVIVE. I don’t give enough props to my husband for all he does. He’s a wonderful man, whether it’s when he is playing the role of coach or husband, he only has my best interest at heart and there no amount of money I would trade for that. ONWARD AND UPWARD…
We were judges for the NPC Arkansas State this weekend, it was a little difficult to get in a decent leg routine in because of the lack of good machines, but we made due and Jack still found a way to kick my ass. Unfortunately, I had one very low point in the weekend…I believe I said farewell to my last cheat meal. Because EVERYTHING closed at like 8pm Saturday night, I had my cheat on Sunday morn. (This was actually good because I wasn’t hungry in the car on the drive home) I had 2 waffles, eggs, bacon and sausages. I asked the waiter if they had sugar free syrup for my waffles and he told me no.…. I am always scared to have sugar in my cheats because of how it always makes me feel but I was already into the cheat with the bacon, sausage and fat loaded eggs so I wasn’t turning back… immediately after I ate the waffles, within minutes, I was in my carb comma. The whole 5.5 hour drive home I dozed in and out, I almost couldn’t cook my food for Mon and Tuesday when we got home.
Training is still very awesome! I’m still feeling strong everyday with no issues with morning cardio. I’m easily cranking out my 45 minutes at the crack ass of dawn. I alternate back and shoulders every other Sunday but didn’t get it in this weekend because of traveling so this week I’m going really kick it up a notch, I started off the week feeling great and I’m going to make sure it stays that way. Today is an off day, just morning cardio, tomorrow is legs (I’m actually looking forward to it) and calves, Wed will be shoulders/chest, Thurs will be back, Fri will be cardio and calves again, Saturday will be legs and Sun will be shoulders or back again.
I’m excited to be home again this weekend. Trying to get some stuff done around my house and I want to focus on getting my website updated and that bout wraps it up for me… So until next week, God Bless, and have a great week…

say good bye to the cheats.........lol

fitgirltitone
08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
3 weeks & 3 days til show time boys -n- girls. Everything is right on track...I feel like Im EXACTLY where I need to be right now.
This week I added a second cardio session which puts me at an hour...I cant complain, I havent had any problems with being too tired to bust it out! Training is going great too.
No issues with the dieting either...we are slowly bringing carbs down and adding fat in its place, which it SO AWESOME!! Im not gonna lie, Id love to devour a freaking pasta bowl right now but I am totally focused on this package I am bringing to the O. Sorry I have nothing to really complain about, LOL...
Im excited to be in Phoenix this weekend to watch the show and promote the Bros vs Pros at MetroFlex Gym in Glendale. Make sure ya'll stop by and get your hydration on with Hydrolyze Ultra!!

The Prodigy
08-24-2011, 01:15 AM
3 weeks & 3 days til show time boys -n- girls. Everything is right on track...I feel like Im EXACTLY where I need to be right now.
This week I added a second cardio session which puts me at an hour...I cant complain, I havent had any problems with being too tired to bust it out! Training is going great too.
No issues with the dieting either...we are slowly bringing carbs down and adding fat in its place, which it SO AWESOME!! Im not gonna lie, Id love to devour a freaking pasta bowl right now but I am totally focused on this package I am bringing to the O. Sorry I have nothing to really complain about, LOL...
Im excited to be in Phoenix this weekend to watch the show and promote the Bros vs Pros at MetroFlex Gym in Glendale. Make sure ya'll stop by and get your hydration on with Hydrolyze Ultra!!

YAY! I get to see you in a few days!!! I get to drink Hydrolyze Ultra!!!!!!

Sunnyday
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
All this talk about Hydrolyze Ultra and being a chemist, I'm intrigued about the chemistry behind it. Ann, can you provide me a link to a white paper?

fitgirltitone
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
All this talk about Hydrolyze Ultra and being a chemist, I'm intrigued about the chemistry behind it. Ann, can you provide me a link to a white paper?
My apologies for being INCOGNITO.... no excuse, just been busy...

you can check out the website where the studies can be found...if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask...hydrolyuzeultra.com

fitgirltitone
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I just check the official mrolympia.com web site, 10 days, 4 hours 33 minutes and 10 seconds... till the best show on earth begins!!

My apologies for not updating my journal, honestly, between my job at the dental office, training, posing and traveling, I just didnt make it a top priority...

We were in Arizona last weekend for the Phoenix Pro, I was honored to be there representing hydrolyzeultra.com, the competition was amazing...in my opinion it was probably the best line up of competitors all year.
Hydrolyze Ultra was a sponsor for the bro VS Pros eating contest held at Hooters as well. Jack was a participant in the challenge of eating chicken wings...I left feeling EXTREMELY disappointed in his defeat...LOL I believe his exact statement was "the wings were awful, way to much grease" My response..."if they tasted half as good as the smelled they were damn good"
Additionally, the event Bros VS Pros 8 event was very successful... fierce competitors showed and numerous spectators to cheer on their fav athlete.
My only complaint about the weekend was that it was so DAMN HOT!!! 118 degrees on Friday, i was sick the moment I left my hotel room EVERYDAY, no joke... they say "it gets better in October"...so I guess residents move to Michigan until then... I did get an incredible leg workout in at the MetroFlex gym and the heat only intensified the workout, felt awesome (once i was finished) LOL
This past weekend we were at the North Americans. Another great show... since I am in the softening stage of my prep my shoulder and back workout have been minimized, that makes it easier to get in what I need to do. We drove home yesterday and today I was able to get into my home gym and tear up a leg workout. Posing is also a HUGE part of each day now... I know better than most, its not always the best body that wins a show....its the best presentation of the body! I plan to bring BOTH!!
My diet is right on, my body is right on and I have the BEST support system IN THE WORLD backing me to the end... how can I go wrong!
Thats the jest of it...until next time...

fitgirltitone
09-05-2011, 08:36 PM
heres a pic we took during one of the posing sessions this weekend...

Jacked Up Divas
09-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Awesome..............

fitgirltitone
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey all,

Well, this will be my last entry before I hit the stage. No more pics to show as Im keeping my final look a secret! Lol.

Im honored to be steeping on stage at the world's best show. Competing at the Olympia is a dream come true.
My package that Im bringing is at my all time best, as the prep has taken me to a place Ive never been. Hell.....Lol

I believe and hope that many will see the improvements from Toronto.

Thank you all for following my journey through the drama, training, and hell. Lol. I hope to shine and make everyone proud that has helped in my cause.

Thanks to all the inspiring peeps on this board that inspire me to be better every day.

sassy69
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Good luck Ann! Wish I was there to watch but will be following on RX!

Sunnyday
09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Good luck this weekend! :)

FitnBuf
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Have a great weekend Girly!!! your back is looking fab!!!!

2hot4u
09-13-2011, 05:46 PM
i second this comment!!! Kick some booty and have a blast in vegas!!!
Good luck Ann! Wish I was there to watch but will be following on RX!

fitgirltitone
10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
HELLO!!! Can I be ANYMORE excited to announce my 2012 Olympia Qualification this weekend?! OMG, I am so ecstatic about this!! What an AWESOME year it has been for me...God id good ALL the time, ALL the time God is good! Ft Lauderdale was GREAT for the obvious reasons and because Shannon and Kristin host a great show for the women...
And now, its time to try and make some REAL improvements...these darn legs of mine...thats my goal...an inch by March 2012, at least the appearance of an inch...LOL and you can bet Ill keep ya'll posted on the progress...
My plans are to enjoy the rest of the weekend with my HUSBAND, not my coach (ya'll get me. LOL) and rest this week and enjoy my family, I have missed them so much, I am planning a mommy/daughter day this Friday, something we haven't had in a REALLY long time. Saturday Imma hit up a movie with my daddy, the new movie Courageous...
In closing, I give major props to my hubby Jack for his dedication to me during this prep, his plate is REALLY full right now but he has managed to help me bring the best package yet to the stage...THANK YOU!! And to all who have believed in me and supported me...IVE GOT MUCH LOVE FOR YA!! Thank you for your support!!

The Prodigy
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Congrats Ann! Well deserved! I don't know how you do it girl!

sassy69
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Beautiful work Anne and props to Team Titone! Wishing you a wonderful rest of the weekend and looking forward to the Road to the O!

fitgirltitone
10-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank u!! FYI, I just finished an amazing meal, we ate at the Pelican Bar and Grill, I had a banana daiquiri (which was DELISH) 10 chicken wings, a salad with a bunch of crap on it and a fish burrito, I didnt really know how full i was till i stood up and looked 8 mos pregnant!! LOL, and my goal of eating till Im stuffed has been accomplished... :yep:

jewelisa
10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Boss Lady !

I can not express how happy I am for you and how much I love you both! I was at work following online :yep: I got chills ! I can not wait to make next years suit and with more time LOL

Enjoy your family time and you have given me renewed inspiration to kick ass !!!!

Love ya

Melissa
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Congrats, Ann!!!:hugme: You looked amazing, and it was a much-deserved O qualification!! Glad to hear you've got some down time planned with your hubby and family....if anyone needs it after this year, it's you for sure. Enjoy!!!

fitgirltitone
10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
after a very rainy weekend we got a beautiful morning and afternoon to hit the beach for a few hours n then the hotel pool... my belly is full of very shitty food and banana daiquiris! After two days of CRAP Im kinda ready to clean it up again tomorrow.