PDA

View Full Version : Lower back pain..

john80y
07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
So about 10 weeks in I'm really happy with how I'm doing... So much stronger, 10lb or so heavier...
I've been doing a total body workout 3 days a week.. Mostly compound moves and 5 set 5 rep so its pretty heavy...

I've got my deads up to 280lb, Bench 180 and Squats 195 and still making gains except my lower back is killing me...

It doesn't seem like its a muscle pain either, more like 2 or 3 of the lower vertabrae. It goes away if I take a 3 day break... Any advice, I've been thinking of doing a 4 day split, so that would be lighter weights and upping the reps to 8-10

I still want to gain bulk, at least another 10lb this year, that is my main goal.

nsp
07-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like you may need some spinal decompression. Check this thread out.

RX Muscle Forums

john80y
07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Sweet info man, thanks... I just bought one on Amazon.. I'm laying off the deads and squats til it gets here too.

blackdove
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I hurt my lower back 3 times already. I found the williams exercises for low back pain (http://www.blackdovenest.com/2011/08/williams-exercises-for-low-back-pain.html) to be effective each time.

HiKitty
10-16-2011, 06:36 AM
hi there, very very good , thanks !

TheRage93
01-17-2013, 02:12 PM
are you natty or on? if you're on, it could be a muscle pump. get taurine for that and superdose at about 1-2g daily. if your natty, you prob need to see a chiro. then after that, you need to address you muscular imbalances. yes, you have an imbalancement. These lower back issues will be non existent if people knew how to reverse it. first, strengthen you core like a madman. preferably with planks, roll outs, knee to chests from a bar, and declined sit ups. also, stretch your low back extensors and strengthen your hamstrings/glutes like crazy. I mean really focus on these things. along with that stretch your hip flexors/psoas properly! do it and you'll come back feeling better than ever.

M4BTEAM
01-31-2013, 03:12 AM
are you natty or on? if you're on, it could be a muscle pump. get taurine for that and superdose at about 1-2g daily. if your natty, you prob need to see a chiro. then after that, you need to address you muscular imbalances. yes, you have an imbalancement. These lower back issues will be non existent if people knew how to reverse it. first, strengthen you core like a madman. preferably with planks, roll outs, knee to chests from a bar, and declined sit ups. also, stretch your low back extensors and strengthen your hamstrings/glutes like crazy. I mean really focus on these things. along with that stretch your hip flexors/psoas properly! do it and you'll come back feeling better than ever.

Great advice. I agree about Taurine too, it can be a big help!