PDA

View Full Version : 2 and half weeks out!!!!

CodyKelly
04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
I've been on the palumbo diet for 16 weeks, and am up to 2 hours of cardio a day, and im 2 and half weeks out. However, im still not where i want to be, im thinking about cutting all my fats and just going protein and the occasional mac nut oil, maybe a tablespoon a day with a shake, and a slight carb up a cpl days b4 the show. I know im gonna most likely flatten out from the no carbs, no fats, but right now i just need to be shredded. So im wandering what do you guys think??? bad idea to cut out all my fats????

CodyKelly
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
No feedback??? come one guys!

gman
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
I believe I remember reading that Dave cuts the fat way down toward the end if the person isn't progressing anymore. So what you are planning sounds reasonable.

Not 100% sure though, maybe someone else has a better recollection.

Bigsteak
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
At 2.5 weeks out I would do 3-4 pro/veg days in a row then back to a pro/fat day then repeat. One week out go pro/veg sat, sun, mon, tues, wed, then depending on your condition you can add carbs and fats to each meal thurs and fri or if your not lean enough just fri. hope this helps.

Frosty
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
You can cut out the fat but leave in fish oil caps. If you're very behind you can even cut back the amount of protein portions. Keep water and salt quite high so when you cut it you'll get a much more dramatic effect.

Be very careful when carb loading after doing something like this. You don't want to bloat up like hell and ruin the definition.

HERC75
04-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Well lets see some pics so we can help!!

Angela123
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
many competitors on a keto diet go on just protein/veggies days for the final wks. maybe you need to up your cardio. again, many competitros get past the 2 hr mark and end up near 3 towards the end.

CodyKelly
04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much guys and gals!!! What im entered into is the muscletech (from bodybuilding.com) transformation contest. And i will for sure post my before and after pics. A year ago i was 280 pounds; however ive lost alot and i started the contest at 225, and right now im around 200 but hoping to be around 190 for my after pictures. I'm gonna cut my protein to around 40g per meal, and still supplement with fish oil, and Ondrea ill even up my cardio!!! Gotta get off here and hit the bike!! Thanks again everyone

Angela123
04-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks so much guys and gals!!! What im entered into is the muscletech (from bodybuilding.com) transformation contest. And i will for sure post my before and after pics. A year ago i was 280 pounds; however ive lost alot and i started the contest at 225, and right now im around 200 but hoping to be around 190 for my after pictures. I'm gonna cut my protein to around 40g per meal, and still supplement with fish oil, and Ondrea ill even up my cardio!!! Gotta get off here and hit the bike!! Thanks again everyone

10 lbs in 2 wks. shit....you can deplete water and lose that much. but just to be on the safe side, yes stay on that diet strict (the protein/veggies will help shock your body since you are used to fats) and keep at the cardio (increasing it if you have to) for the next two weeks.

doo luck. keep us posted.

and great job on your overall weight loss...all the way from 280...wow!

CodyKelly
04-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks alot Ondrea! I'm gonna keep my cardio at 3 hours per day until the end. I have another question for you guys. When should i cut my sodium. A week b4 my pictures?? Thanks alot again!

Frosty
04-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks alot Ondrea! I'm gonna keep my cardio at 3 hours per day until the end. I have another question for you guys. When should i cut my sodium. A week b4 my pictures?? Thanks alot again!

NO! You'll end up looking like shit if you do that. Your body can only be tricked for so long.

In my opinion, Jeff Rodriguez has it right. He drinks many gallons of water and uses lots of salt for pretty much his entire prep. When he cuts sodium and water down low, he gets a very dramatic effect. I wouldn't cut more than a day or so before.

Are your photos at a given time or can you take them whenever?

CodyKelly
04-04-2009, 02:03 AM
I just have to take them b4 may 7th. but the weekend of april 18 im going on a vacation that has been planned for over a year, and i don't want to extend my diet over my vacation (so im taking my pictures b4 my trip). I know it's pretty pussy of me, but lately ive pretty much sacrificed everything for my diet, and i feel i deserve a vacation where i can splurge a little!!! As of now im consuming around 6grams of sodium a day, think i should up it more?? as of liquid i consume a gallon of water, and close to a gallon of diet dr. pepper a day. Ne more suggestions???

sassy69
04-04-2009, 06:17 AM
I won't comment on the keto diet as I've never done one for contest prep. In fact I'd point you to Dave directly to get pointers on your last week. As far as cardio for 3 hrs thru the end, please be sure you stop the cardio at least by Wednesday before your show. The body needs a few days for all the fluids to settle down. If you do 3 hrs of cardio thru your show day, you'll lose lots of detail due to being watery. And w/ keto, people tend to look very flat because they haven't filled out, so make sure you've got your last week protocol lined up . I'd also start tossing the Dr. pepper and getting just down to water. People argue about the impact of soda or not during prep, but I'm a big proponent of KISS - keep it simple, silly! Its that much less processed shit your body has to metabolize when you're trying to strip yourself down to the least amount of subQ water possible to show off all your months of work.

Frosty
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Its that much less processed shit your body has to metabolize when you're trying to strip yourself down to the least amount of subQ water possible to show off all your months of work.

Isn't that done in the last day, though?

CodyKelly
04-05-2009, 02:07 AM
You guys have ne suggestions for a tanning product? I've been tanning for awhile but still not dark enough. I looked at jantana products but their like 90 bucks! Im just a poor college student!! lol. But if jantana is the best and easiest product then i will purchase it. What do you guys think?

CodyKelly
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey GUYS I POSTED A COUPLE OF MY TRANSFORMATION PICS FROM THIS UNDER THE Thread "Cody Kelly's Transformation" check it out if you guys want

indianamonster1986
04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I've been on the palumbo diet for 16 weeks, and am up to 2 hours of cardio a day, and im 2 and half weeks out. However, im still not where i want to be, im thinking about cutting all my fats and just going protein and the occasional mac nut oil, maybe a tablespoon a day with a shake, and a slight carb up a cpl days b4 the show. I know im gonna most likely flatten out from the no carbs, no fats, but right now i just need to be shredded. So im wandering what do you guys think??? bad idea to cut out all my fats????

His diet calls for you to cut the fats out two weeks out from the show. That is what I did and got unbelievable shredded. Complete 180 from the previous two weeks.

CodyKelly
04-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah i know that was an older post im actually done with my transoformation, and i've already posted that pics