PDA

View Full Version : Kai Greene

jdl80
02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I am not trying to disrepect the guy for being different but is he really the same person off camera? In all of the interviews and articles I read about him he just seems very wordy and that he has to describe every last detail with every last adjective that he can think of. In the recent MD videos' he is going on and on about training glutes and his pelvis movements. It just seem really odd to me that one has to explain themself in this manner. He also stated that he doesn't "workout" he "trains" and started explain this whole concept. Don't get me wrong dude has an awesome physique and has been through things I can't imagine but I have a hard time understanding his message. He is far more articulate than I am but I like to get to the point and make a statement as clear as possible. Maybe this is entertaining and good for the sport but sometimes it's too much for me. What does everyone else think? Am I way off base?

Bigsteak
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I am not trying to disrepect the guy for being different but is he really the same person off camera? In all of the interviews and articles I read about him he just seems very wordy and that he has to describe every last detail with every last adjective that he can think of. In the recent MD videos' he is going on and on about training glutes and his pelvis movements. It just seem really odd to me that one has to explain themself in this manner. He also stated that he doesn't "workout" he "trains" and started explain this whole concept. Don't get me wrong dude has an awesome physique and has been through things I can't imagine but I have a hard time understanding his message. He is far more articulate than I am but I like to get to the point and make a statement as clear as possible. Maybe this is entertaining and good for the sport but sometimes it's too much for me. What does everyone else think? Am I way off base?
Great physique but I could never get through his section in MD without saying to myself"what the fuck is this cat talking about, star wars and shit" I don't know to each there own.

Taylor Normandeau
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't think him speaking intelligently is a sham in any way, nor do I get annoyed by it. As a matter of fact it's nice to hear a bodybuilder speak in a manner that shows they have some wheels in motion up in their skull. I wish more athletes spoke freely like this, as opposed to being seemingly unintelligent and unknowledgable and just give the impression that their trainers do all the thinking for them.

...That being said, I DO have a problem with him humping ladders and other stage props during his routine.

Schmidy
02-12-2009, 12:00 AM
That video was some of the most boring shit i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigsteak
02-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't think him speaking intelligently is a sham in any way, nor do I get annoyed by it. As a matter of fact it's nice to hear a bodybuilder speak in a manner that shows they have some wheels in motion up in their skull. I wish more athletes spoke freely like this, as opposed to being seemingly unintelligent and unknowledgable and just give the impression that their trainers do all the thinking for them.

...That being said, I DO have a problem with him humping ladders and other stage props during his routine.
Speaking intelligently is one thing but sometimes it's to much or over the top. Ever see the movie the Program? Omar epps charcter kind of like that. I do agree more athletes in general should sound a little more educated. Just my 2 cents.

mr.genetics
02-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I think he is a really intelligent guy, but I think that he feels he needs to show people that every time he has an interview or outlet of any kind for that matter.

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Speaking intelligently is one thing but sometimes it's to much or over the top. Ever see the movie the Program? Omar epps charcter kind of like that. I do agree more athletes in general should sound a little more educated. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, I didn't catch the one about star wars, if I read that I probably would have stop reading as well. He might go a bit over board, but in general I like to hear some actualy thoughts come out of their brain. For instance, I'd much rather watch and listen to Phil Heath, than most boring monotone pro's these days.

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 12:09 AM
That video was some of the most boring shit i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't have been boring if you were sexually intrigued by the male rectum.

Womanthrower
02-12-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't got a problem with his writings, but oh man! Those in the trenches and the times he's been on NBR were painful. He just talks so slow and goes off on tangets and seemingly overthinks everything. and it's the most boring droaning thing I've ever heard.

jdl80
02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Just my opinion but when someone is trying to rely a message it has to be clear and as direct as possible. Myself personally have a very hard time following someone when they start going off on tangents and go into a 5 minute (uninterrupted) explanation as to why they do this excersice and start gong on and on about how the body is the machine and this and that. I had that same kind of feeling listening to Dr. Scott Conley. I respect that hell of that guy and he is damn good at what he does but when your on NBR and you to start explaining a process that is taking place in the body I feel it would be more benefical to dumb it down a little bit. We aren't dictionaries and unless you study in his field it make and very difficult to understand what he is really saying. I could only grasp like half of what the guy was taking about. I guess I need to be more educated LOL, should've studied bio chem instead of accounting.

ZacharyKane
02-12-2009, 12:24 AM

Agreed, I lost complete interest in it after about a minute

Bigsteak
02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
[quote=jdl80;11862]Just my opinion but when someone is trying to rely a message it has to be clear and as direct as possible. Myself personally have a very hard time following someone when they start going off on tangents and go into a 5 minute (uninterrupted) explanation as to why they do this excersice and start gong on and on about how the body is the machine and this and that. I had that same kind of feeling listening to Dr. Scott Conley. I respect that hell of that guy and he is damn good at what he does but when your on NBR and you to start explaining a process that is taking place in the body I feel it would be more benefical to dumb it down a little bit. We aren't dictionaries and unless you study in his field it make and very difficult to understand what he is really saying. I could only grasp like half of what the guy was taking about. I guess I need to be more educated LOL, should've studied bio chem instead of accounting.[/quote
Crunching numbers can be a bitch, cant be a foolio to do that! lol.

wayne
02-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Kai is very much like that in person..he's a real nice guy tho

Diggy
02-12-2009, 12:36 AM
He reminds me of ricky williams with his mannerisms

Bigsteak
02-12-2009, 12:39 AM
For sure, he does remind me of Ricky W. now that you mention it.

Relentless
02-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Kai is a blowhard, and this is old news.

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Kai is a blowhard, and this is old news.

I won't lie, I had to look that up cause I had a much different idea of what it meant.

Youngguns
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't have a problem with his writings, but oh man! Those in the trenches and the times he's been on NBR were painful. He just talks so slow and goes off on tangets and seemingly overthinks everything. and it's the most boring droaning thing I've ever heard.

smvmuscle
02-12-2009, 01:15 AM
i watched the videos as well....kinda gay if u ask me. who does Glute workouts or training as he calls it? ..... its okay to workout your glutes like with Hams or on leg day but to work them out alone? WTF!! but i guess to each his own!! not only that i dont wanna watch a dude bend over for 15 min listening to a him talk about different ways to contract his ass muscles! Is this what BBing has come to an ass game?

just my 2 cents on the situation :P

abeljr
02-12-2009, 02:26 AM
He's so weird its funny...Great physique, but his glutes are too big!!! he needs to stop training them like that!!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Het Wayne your over hear too! Great to see you man, As for Kai he is a very nice guy and a great bodybuilder!

Hardly Krishna
02-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Het Wayne your over hear too! Great to see you man, As for Kai he is a very nice guy and a great bodybuilder!
YEAH FUCK MD!!!! wait, aren't you still a forum leader over there?

militantmuscle
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Kai explains things the way he does because he is a PROFESSIONAL bodybuilder. When he's training glutes, it's just as important if not more as training chest, or arms, albeit a bit less 'interesting'. Glutes are one of the tell-tale signs of superior conditioning, next to a ripped lower back. He explains things that way because he is 100% focused and dead serious about what he does, if you have seen the glutes on his competition you guys would probably understand.. Phil, Dex, and Vic are no joke when it comes to lower body conditioning.

Canuck_Muscle
02-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Haha I think that is just the way Kai is. He is an artist. He paints and sculpts. He is on another level than most people. I agree that he can drag the hell out of an explanation but his physique speaks volumes and I liked the lifestyle video he shot. Very hard working dude.

knine110
02-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Strange is all in the intrepretation I guess. I think that it shows an immense amount of focus to be able to describe every little detail about your training. Most of us go thru the motions and know what WE are looking for in a exercise or how to feel a certain bodypart but try explaing that to someone else. Its not as easy especially when you have a novice that you are training that knows ABSOLUTELY nothing about exercies what so ever.

He does get a bit wordy, but hell we all work with people like that on the job. Some times you just want to say "get to the damn point" lol.

Dee
02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
He tends to ramble, but kai is pretty insightful in some measure......despite the sweats, he does like huge.....will be interesting to see how he will look at the arnold, He works hard and should place well all things considered

orhochris
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM
saying kai is verbose is an understatement... I mean he's the most philosophical guy i've ever heard in my life...

orhochris
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
i mean, i always understand what he's saying... but i'm not sure that much or any of it is necessary to say... waht you think is what you think... you don't have to verbalize everything that comes into your mind...

freak of a physique though

MartyMcFly
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I guess being different is not a good thing for him....

Alex Thunholm
02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
interesting hearing him explain things although I would rather see him train legs heavy than glutes for 2shows on light weights

Professor X
02-12-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought it was cool to be eccentric. Who knew?

:: puts away grapefruit::

MMC78
02-12-2009, 02:11 PM

^^^ This

He's being pretentious in his speaking style. He's not a particularly intelligent guy. Kai is a typical person that overcompensates due to insecurities.

Intelligent people don't speak like this. His ideas don't flow and his points are not clear.

baby gorilla
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
^^^ This

He's being pretentious in his speaking style. He's not a particularly intelligent guy. Kai is a typical person that overcompensates due to insecurities.

Intelligent people don't speak like this. His ideas don't flow and his points are not clear.

he's the MAYA ANGELOU of bodybuilding

Professor X
02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
^^^ This

Damn...I sure hope there are some PhD's and a few medical degrees behind that screen name to take digs at someone's intelligence in that way.

The guy has also had a pretty hard life since he was a kid.

zachdg
02-12-2009, 03:13 PM
JEsus christ leave the guy alone! because hes articulate that means he's covering up his insecurities? wtf..vids werent bad but are way to frickin short..i bet there purposely making them short to keep viewers visting and visiting the site

Qaash
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM

I thought that about you /jk

LATS
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I AGREE THAT HE OVERDOES THE "VERBAGE" MOST OF THE TIME.. but, just do as i do.. i turn the frickin' sound off and watch him workout.. i agree that watching two segments of glute training was boring as hell, but if you want realism there it is.. if that is what he does than i want to see it.. i just look forward to seeing his leg and back training more..
i wish they would have done it in his home gym to see how he really trains.. here he is just following glass and what he says.. i want to see him do his own thing

MMC78
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
The guy has also had a pretty hard life since he was a kid.

It's admirable that he's come so far; he's earned it. I still maintain that speaking the way he does only diminishes his perceived intellect regardless of how smart he actually is.

I have to admit I have my biases against Kai, mostly stemming from his questionable posing performances on and off the bodybuilding stage. He doesn't present a positive image for bodybuilding.

Dee
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
In the new vids they have posted, he continues to ramble....some of it nonesense, some of it has some value....but thats besides the point......

His legs are looking insanely massive.

Kev
02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
The guy's got an unreal physique, and his own way of doing things, respect

Wiry Pyruvity
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
^^^ This

I think that it has more to do with a difficulty in articulating eloborate concepts...He has the vocabulary, but a definite inability to hit an idea square on the money...wait to hear an interview when he is depleted (or last year's pre NY pro radio show)...it is like listening to someone who has had a brain injury...the stuff is there, but has difficulty in emission...essentially, he talks in spirals...

Wiry Pyruvity
02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
It's admirable that he's come so far; he's earned it. I still maintain that speaking the way he does only diminishes his perceived intellect regardless of how smart he actually is.

I have to admit I have my biases against Kai, mostly stemming from his questionable posing performances on and off the bodybuilding stage. He doesn't present a positive image for bodybuilding.

depends on the audience...and seeing that that it's not mainstream that would be us, and therefore, you...so he presents a neg image of bodybuilding for you...

Mike Paladino
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I like Kai. I think he's a real freak of nature but come on. 3 fuckin ass video's in a row?!?!?

Futurefreak
02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Personally, it annoyed the fuck outta me. I actually think he tries so hard to sound well spoken, that it becomes so far out there, it becomes idiotic sounding. Great build, and probably a very nice guy, but him talking is a tough feat to endure.

Bigsteak
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Personally, it annoyed the fuck outta me. I actually think he tries so hard to sound well spoken, that it becomes so far out there, it becomes idiotic sounding. Great build, and probably a very nice guy, but him talking is a tough feat to endure.

FF, about time you got your ass over here and posted! Do work Son!

buster12
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey Futur freak is here! welcome man. Whens the next competition? How the weather in AZ?

Futurefreak
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
......Weather freakin sucks man...raining, snowing, cold as shit. Still gettin at it though. Umm.....Possibly L.A Championship is in the future...

By the way, I am living in Portland OR.

buster12
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
......Weather freakin sucks man...raining, snowing, cold as shit. Still gettin at it though. Umm.....Possibly L.A Championship is in the future...

By the way, I am living in Portland OR.
I coulda sworn you were an AZ guy. How do you know vander?

DOIT
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I like the way Cormier is looking at him the whole time like WTF is this dude doing. Kai was in the trenches for a long time doing the "natural" thing and it shows. His muscle maturity is unreal.

Wiry Pyruvity
02-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I like the way Cormier is looking at him the whole time like WTF is this dude doing. Kai was in the trenches for a long time doing the "natural" thing and it shows. His muscle maturity is unreal.

Kai's answer would be: "being relevant. You?"

bodimajestik
11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
To Answer you Jd...I also sometimes get pissed on people who try to complex the things or may have that way of explaining.....but people follow and listen to Hollywood stars...don't u think Hollywood stars aren't complex people??? I think they are most confused people....Kai is also a bodybuilding star and he may have his own complex way of explaining things...hey the inside story even I dnt know....as bodybuilding fans and supporters we just need to sit and enjoy wat they say...we don't need to get into that matter too much......

DICE
11-03-2009, 11:44 AM
This thread sucks.Thanks for bringing it back.

Nuckin Futs
11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Kai is nothing more than a poser and wannabe intellectual.. it's all fake shit!

He reads books on philosophy and then just spews it all back out in an attempt to sound clever!

The act has gotten old..