PDA

View Full Version : Fats post work out?

fits
04-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Every study sugegsts Protein and carbs post work out, but for a long time Ron Kosloff has said this in wrong and you should have protein + fat.

Ron says that protein NEEDS fat to be used (absorbed? processed? ) ad therefore if you have P+C post work out you are missing out.

there was a recet study...think I saw it on here but can't remember abotu P+F even post work out.

I know on daves diet you stick with P+F only becasuse its a keto diet but does any one do this full time? ay thoughts?

pete997
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
that would be interesting to read... i'm currently on a ketogenic diet, and postworkout, i only consume my final meal for the day... egg whites and almonds/peanut butter.

SilverBAK
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
dont forget, in ketosis, the goal isnt to gain muscle, so utilizing that "anabolic window" post workout where you can take advantage of an large insulin release using carbs and protein only isnt necessary when trying to only preserve muscle. In Keto your insulin levels are low and stable, even post workout when you have your next meal with prot and fat..

Womanthrower
04-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Every study sugegsts Protein and carbs post work out, but for a long time Ron Kosloff has said this in wrong and you should have protein + fat.

Ron says that protein NEEDS fat to be used (absorbed? processed? ) ad therefore if you have P+C post work out you are missing out.

there was a recet study...think I saw it on here but can't remember abotu P+F even post work out.

I know on daves diet you stick with P+F only becasuse its a keto diet but does any one do this full time? ay thoughts?
Dave's diet doesn't include a post workout shake or meal. When he speaks about post workout shakes/nutrition I'm pretty sure his position is no fat because it will slow the absorption of the protein.

militantmuscle
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't use fats unless the absorption of the individual was too fast, and making him ill, then I would put in some fats to slow down absorption for that particular athlete.

john koenig
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Dave Palumbo has recommended mild consumption of fish oil or omega-3 with your post-workout shake when in ketosis. I've had a debate about this elsewhere on the forum, and cannot recollect where or when I heard Dave say this. Probably on a SuperHuman radio podcast. But swallow one or two omega-3 caps and you'll be fine!

pete997
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
great responses guys... i appreciate all the input.

i understand that the point of a keto diet is to lose b/f, and that insulin levels remain steady throughout this diet. however, post workout, i would think that you'd want to avoid omega-3 fat due to its anti-inflammatory effects. therefore, i'd definitely be interested in hearing where/when d palumbo "recommended" this supplementation.