PDA

View Full Version : North American's Here I come!!!

TashaCameron
08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
So just competed in the USA's Bikini division, my 1st national show, and placed 5th. Yay!! I'm 4 weeks out to North American's and excited as ever to get back on a national stage. For anyone who's competed in Nationals, I know, we all hope that this is going to be "IT", I'm getting my pro card. I think what I've learned through this whole process is not only is life a journey so we should enjoy it, but competing is a journey too. There have been many times where I've gotten so wrapped up in focusing on being pro that I've forgotten to enjoy every day I have just being a competitor and loving it. So, my new goal for North American's is HAVE FUN, and enjoy the journey. I'm ready!! :)

Have a great day!!
Tasha Cameron

Aaron Singerman
08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Great shape, Tasha.

The Prodigy
08-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Glad you are here Tasha! I LOVE what you said about being pro! I have felt this way for SOOOO long. Once you get that pro card you go back down to the bottom of the ranks and have to fight your way back up, so why not enjoy being at the top of your game!

So what is your diet and cardio like these days?

TashaCameron
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Currently I'm letting my body rest a little from pushing it so hard in preparation for USA's. This week my workouts are light with minimal cardio. Starting Monday though, IT'S ON! Monday starts prep for North American's so I'm going back to two a day cardio's, serious weight training, and my strict diet. There is not much I need to change in my physique for North Americans, so starting Monday I’m just going to do what my coaches tell me to do, and start to prepare myself mentally. 4 weeks out! Can’t wait!!

stephaniewilles
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Totally right!! If your not having fun you shouldn't be doing this!! Great attitude, stay focused and bring the best you!!

Wishing you the best!!!

ricker35910
08-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats on your placing at USA's and good luck at North Americans

The Prodigy
08-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Let's make sure we find each other at the North Americans! I get SO busy I forget to breathe!

TashaCameron
08-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Thank you for everyone's encouragement! Gail, I will definitely come find you at North American's. :)

MrsSims
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Wish you all the best on your journey to get that Procard! You look absolutely gorgeous!! Keep is updated on your progress! :):)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TashaCameron
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
What a journety it's been, these last 4 weeks. Getting myself prepared mentally and phisically for North American's has been an adventure. Two Bombshell camps, and endless hours of cardio, weights, and posing have brought me to my last week of prep. I just can't wait to step on that stage and show these judges what I've got. I feel over the last four weeks I have made significant progress to hopefully turn my 5th at USA's into 1st at North American's. These last 5 days are where it counts. I read a really inspiring quote today that may help you all out there with your contest prep. Hope you enjoy...

CHANT OF A CHAMPION

When I think of quitting I will think of who will be standing next to me on stage.

Will I be able to say I worked harder than her?

When I stand on stage will I be able to say that I pushed myself harder, that I kept going when I felt like stopping, and that I gave the extra effort when I felt like collapsing?

It’s that last burst of commitment that separates the champions from 2nd place.

I will train when others go out with their friends.

I will train when others are eating out at their favorite restaurant.

I will train when others are taking an off day.

I will train when others are hanging out with their boyfriends (or husbands).

I will train when others are sleeping.

Every moment is a victory!

Each step on the treadmill.

Each set. Each rep.

Each bite of food.

Each and everything I do has a purpose.

The food nourishes my body.

The training invigorates my spirit.

The weights stimulate my muscle.

The supplements support my health.

The rest gives me a chance to rebuild.

NEVER STOP. NEVER GIVE UP.

Never say can’t. Never say won’t.

A champion must first challenge the self before they can challenge others.

I am my competition. Failure is not an option.

MitsyKnox
08-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Good luck and have fun! :)

katt981
08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
just one more week! It's just around the corner!! :hugme:

Sunnyday
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Good luck at North Americans! :)