PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol/Chocolate before hitting the stage?

SAMSON
04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I normally knock back a couple of brandys, aswell as a hand full of m&m's and 3 or 4 niacin just prior to stepping on stage. It helps calm the nerves if nothing else! What backstage tricks do you guys employ?

mdvsony
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
a bit of strawberry jam, some rice cakes.....couple of marshmellows and jelly beans.

BrianNassar
04-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I competed in the 2006 Michigan Bodybuilding Championships. I screwed up and went WAY too low in carbs and was flat as hell along with being severely weak during pre-judging.
Since I knew I was not in the top 3 I ate an entire medium pizza along with a 40 oz. beer. I was relaxed on the stage at the night show, vascular as hell, and looked 100% tighter!

SAMSON
04-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I competed in the 2006 Michigan Bodybuilding Championships. I screwed up and went WAY too low in carbs and was flat as hell along with being severely weak during pre-judging.
Since I knew I was not in the top 3 I ate an entire medium pizza along with a 40 oz. beer. I was relaxed on the stage at the night show, vascular as hell, and looked 100% tighter!

Ive been there before mate! The last time I competed I was pretty flat and depleted, luckily I had enough to win my class then after the show I went straight to Mcdonalds, then had a few chocolate bars on the way home. When I arrived home I stripped to take a shower and BAM! I was full as hell and covered in veins! Its just so hit and miss though as it could easily go the other way and you spill over severley. It takes a brave man to try it just before the show.

Carl

BrianNassar
04-08-2009, 07:19 PM
:beerbang: Thanks! It was pretty fun to do -

jjjohns_10
04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
rice cakes, jam, handfull of skittles, and some oranges
After prejudging a fat burger and fries will do the trick!

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Aren't rice cakes going to go out of style soon? I mean, Otomix and string tank tops went out, why can't the rice cake go out, too?

I have never gotten the rice cake thing. *shrug*

Skip

the mighty stu
04-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Aren't rice cakes going to go out of style soon? I mean, Otomix and string tank tops went out, why can't the rice cake go out, too?

I have never gotten the rice cake thing. *shrug*

Skip

What would you recommend as a better suggestion? I know everyone has their own ideas what works for them, what their body tolerates etc. Having never done a show yet (in 3 weeks that will change though), I'm still looking for answers -lol.

S

SAMSON
04-13-2009, 12:56 PM
What would you recommend as a better suggestion? I know everyone has their own ideas what works for them, what their body tolerates etc. Having never done a show yet (in 3 weeks that will change though), I'm still looking for answers -lol.

S

I've used rice cakes for all of my previous shows, usually with a little honey :bowdown:

I know Guy Cisternino still uses em to carb up on, he said so on his q+a thread.

Good luck with you're first show mate, just have fun, its a blast up there!

Carl

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-15-2009, 03:25 AM

S

I am not picking on you. I just think that the only reason rice cakes are even around is why sodium restriction and cutting water is still around: Because it is a common practice and bodybuilders are creatures of neverending habits whether good or bad.

What does the rice cake do and why is it there?

Skip

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-15-2009, 03:28 AM
I've used rice cakes for all of my previous shows, usually with a little honey :bowdown:

I know Guy Cisternino still uses em to carb up on, he said so on his q+a thread.

Good luck with you're first show mate, just have fun, its a blast up there!

Carl

The secret combo of honey and rice, hold on I am writing this one down .... : ) Ok, I am being a smart ass. My point to all of this is to ask yourself what is it about the rice cake and/or honey or jam or whatever that makes it "work" for what you want to accomplish. What is in a rice cake that makes it the "special" food that has made it so popular backstage for years. Think about it: If there is one food that has been the most used backstage wouldn't it be a fucking rice cake? I am asking someone to tell me why? And if you don't know why or have a reason why, you better not admit to using them. lol

Skip

SAMSON
04-15-2009, 09:41 AM
The secret combo of honey and rice, hold on I am writing this one down .... : ) Ok, I am being a smart ass. My point to all of this is to ask yourself what is it about the rice cake and/or honey or jam or whatever that makes it "work" for what you want to accomplish. What is in a rice cake that makes it the "special" food that has made it so popular backstage for years. Think about it: If there is one food that has been the most used backstage wouldn't it be a fucking rice cake? I am asking someone to tell me why? And if you don't know why or have a reason why, you better not admit to using them. lol

Skip

Because its a dry carbohydrate source, as opposed to rice or potato's which are cooked in water.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I normally knock back a couple of brandys, aswell as a hand full of m&m's and 3 or 4 niacin just prior to stepping on stage. It helps calm the nerves if nothing else! What backstage tricks do you guys employ?

Brandy's? Where do you those backstage?

SAMSON
04-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Brandy's? Where do you those backstage?

Bring your own bottle :D

The Big Sexy
04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Because its a dry carbohydrate source, as opposed to rice or potato's which are cooked in water.

Let's not forget easy to pack, throw other items on (like honey and jam) and to eat without heating up, etc.

Extremely convenient

Ken "Skip" Hill
04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Let's not forget easy to pack, throw other items on (like honey and jam) and to eat without heating up, etc.

Extremely convenient

So is bread and bread doesn't crumble and fall apart when you bite into it. : ) You guys suck at arguing. lol

I do have a trick for backstage an hour or so before I step on stage, personally, that I won't do a show without. Even my clients don't usually use it because I can't know if they can use it correctly.

Skip

Koubs
04-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Chocolate and alcohol?? Nice, i'm having a hershey's bar and getting waisted before going on stage next time... and probably throwing in a rice cake too.... ;)

BigJD69
04-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I would use Polaner Jelly and sip on homemade Italian Wine.

hulk7280
04-16-2009, 09:32 AM
So is bread and bread doesn't crumble and fall apart when you bite into it. : ) You guys suck at arguing. lol

I do have a trick for backstage an hour or so before I step on stage, personally, that I won't do a show without. Even my clients don't usually use it because I can't know if they can use it correctly.

Skip

what a tease.. :popcorn: