PDA

View Full Version : Morning Cardio---and Hungry

rpninja636
02-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I started experimenting with fasted cardio in the morning. The problem is that I wake up in the morning very hungry. Should I do the cardio and work through the pain or eat beforehand. Thanks.

WSTRAINER
02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I started experimenting with fasted cardio in the morning. The problem is that I wake up in the morning very hungry. Should I do the cardio and work through the pain or eat beforehand. Thanks.

Work thru the pain :) By fasted i'm assuming you mean you ate in the evening, slept, woke up gym? Zinc is a natural neuropetide Y inhibitor so zma at bed time may be of benefit...stay hydrated...and caffeine may help before the workout.

Por2gue
02-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Take your BCAA's and hit the cardio.

Tiki
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I drink a strong cup of coffee first - it actually helps to curb my appetite AND it wakes my lazy ass up! :D

sassy69
02-13-2009, 02:23 AM
IMO if you gotta eat something, eat something. In the past I've used like 1-2 oz of sweet potato. Usually I just need enough to address the hunger. It will burn up quickly and I won't feel like I'm gonna die if I am that hungry. I also find I need to get up & going by a certain point in the morning before the hunger starts getting brutal. So find the combination that works for you. I'd also make sure you aren't going to bed hungry so you wake up in the hole from it. Have a fat/protein as your last meal so it metabolizes slower & leaves you less time in a fasted state until the next meal.

Dan
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Id say just try and get through the pain
Try and make you last meal a food meal rather than a shake if you are, I find a cofee will get me over the line or take in some water to give you that full feeling

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree with Tiki...and thats what I do. I have some coffee while I am on the treadmill or bike. It fills my gut temporarily and wakes my tired butt up.

DECABEATZ
02-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Coffee i agree does help

AVBG
02-15-2009, 09:14 PM
coffee & bcaa's

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I agree with Tiki...and thats what I do. I have some coffee while I am on the treadmill or bike. It fills my gut temporarily and wakes my tired butt up.

:rolleyes: I just had to come back and add to this....as soon as I am done with cardio though, its time to get my grub on with 4 egg whites, 1-2 omega eggs, and one serving of oatmeal because I am starving by then!

BigJD69
02-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Cup of Coffee to wake up and I am on the Treadmill!

Tiki
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
It was either NBRadio or ITTrenches (can't remember exactly) but, Colette mentioned drinking a serving of Fiber anytime she needed to curb her hunger.

For the past 3 days I've been drinking a serving of Fiber (in an 8oz glass) along side my usual cup of coffee and, I actually feel as though I've eaten a small snack. So yah, it totally works and, it will undoubtedly become apart of my daily routine.