PDA

View Full Version : question about Keto diet

patrix1
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi, all. I never try Keto diet and I want to try it out. I'm just curious about 72 hours period when you cut Carb out from around 200-250g of carb to around 40-50g. What do you guys experience between this 72 hours. I heard people said they felt crappy, but how bad is it? DO we suppose to train during this 72-hour transition?

By the way, after 72 hour, when would be the cheat meal?

ironwarrior22
04-02-2009, 08:29 PM
I think it depends on the person. For instance, I went on keto and didn't feel bad at all just different whereas, my friend got the sweats and felt very bad. You can train. I would give it a few days before I had my cheat meal and make sure you just have the cheat meal on the same day through out.

jjjohns_10
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
What source are those carbs coming from? Because on Dave's keto diet, you'll be gettin about that many carbs per day, but they are indirect cellulose carbs your body cannot process (you can't eat any starchy carbs like potatos, rice,ect). Here's a good example of a keto diet for a 200lb male:

MEAL#1: 5 Omega-3 eggs and 4 whites
MEAL#2: 50 grams Isolyze and 2 table spoons Natural PB
MEAL#3: 8oz chicken and 1/2 cup almonds or cashews
MEAL#4: 8oz chicken and 1 tbsp Macnut or Olive oil (or sub with Meal #2)
MEAL#5: 8oz steak (or salmon,swordfish), a green salad (salad only), 1 table spoon macnut or olive oil, vinager
MEAL#6: 50 grams Isolyze and 2 tbsp Natural PB

It usuall takes anywhere from 3-7 days for you body to be in a strong ketogenic state. Plan ahead and be ready to not feel to great for the first week. After that however, you will feel great. Keep your normal training routine through the first week; may be a little difficult to lift but just pound through it. As far as the cheat meal, stay on the diet strict for 2 weeks. After a full two weeks on the diet, you can have a cheat meal; limit to about 500 grams of carbs. There after, have your cheat meal the same day of the week, every week, but make sure to have it the LAST meal of the day so you don't cheat again lol!

patrix1
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks both of you. I meal plan is pretty similar. By the way, My weight is 197 lbs at 17% bf.

MEAL #1
4 whole eggs + 4 egg whites

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 40g Whey Protein with 1 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter
Fat = 18 g

MEAL #3
8oz chicken with {1/2-cup almonds(32g) = 14 g of fat}

MEAL #4

MEAL #5
8oz Tilapia with a green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil (Fat = 14 g)

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 40g Whey with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter(2 tbsp = 1 serving: Fat=18 g)

I actually started like today. I felt good up until evening. I wanted to eat carbs real bad, so I had to keep drinking water. Sometimes, I can't even wait 3 hours for a meal. I was like eat 2-2:30 hour later.

By the way does this meal plan look good? I think I will have around 250g of protein. 100 g of Fat, carbs = idk 40 maybe. I watched Dave Palumbo's Hardcore Diet DVD and he says a brain needs around 40g of carb. and I'm not sure if this number applied to anybody. If I want to add more nuts or peanut butter just to get it to the save Zone like 60g of carbs, is it ok?

My whey protein and All natural peanut butter has like 1 g of sugar per one serving. Is it going to be ok?

Legend
04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks both of you. I meal plan is pretty similar. By the way, My weight is 197 lbs at 17% bf.

MEAL #1
4 whole eggs + 4 egg whites

MEAL #2
Fat = 18 g

MEAL #3
8oz chicken with {1/2-cup almonds(32g) = 14 g of fat}

MEAL #4

MEAL #5
8oz Tilapia with a green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil (Fat = 14 g)

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 40g Whey with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter(2 tbsp = 1 serving: Fat=18 g)

I actually started like today. I felt good up until evening. I wanted to eat carbs real bad, so I had to keep drinking water. Sometimes, I can't even wait 3 hours for a meal. I was like eat 2-2:30 hour later.

Eating every 2.5 hours is fine

By the way does this meal plan look good?

This meal plan is a cookie cutter example diet.

For your weight + BF% you need to get about 42g of protein, and 15g of fat per meal.

I think I will have around 250g of protein. 100 g of Fat, carbs = idk 40 maybe. I watched Dave Palumbo's Hardcore Diet DVD and he says a brain needs around 40g of carb. and I'm not sure if this number applied to anybody. If I want to add more nuts or peanut butter just to get it to the save Zone like 60g of carbs, is it ok?

No

My whey protein and All natural peanut butter has like 1 g of sugar per one serving. Is it going to be ok?

Its fine

jjjohns_10
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Looks pretty good except you should be having a "Fatty Protein Meal" for Meal #5. Ditch the talapia and replace it with a fillet of salmon, swordfish, or steak (fillet mignon, top sirloin, or round top). As far as carbs, stick with 40 grams. And don't worry bout the 1 gram of sugar, especially in the PB it's not gonna effect you. This week will be rough but be patient, it will pay off. Because hey, in two weeks you get your first cheat meal and boy won't it be sweet!!!

patrix1
04-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks you guys

By the way, what's the supplement for Omega-6? I know that I need 3000mg of Omega-3 but what about Omega-6? Do I need to take it at all?

If I want to introduce this diet to other people, is this Diet good for only healthy person? What about people with high Blood pressure, High Cholesterol etc.

Question to Legend - How did you come up with this number? "For your weight + BF% you need to get about 42g of protein, and 15g of fat per meal."