PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' my head back in the game!!!

Pages : [1] 2

katt981
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
ok, so I'm officially over my "8 weeks and counting' thread... now that my vacation is come & gone two months ago and I'm STILL on vacation from eating... which means Kathy is NOT a happy camper right now... All this work in the gym paired with not watching my diet has me feeling really 'puffy' right now and I DON'T LIKE IT!!

Time to get a new diet plan in effect, I need to buckle down and start counting the cals/macros again instead of looking for a 'pre-made' diet on the net :mad: Plus, with elk hunting season just around the corner and my cardio not up to par, if I don't do something now, it's pretty much going to suck ass.

with that - today's workout didn't go well at all... I had to resort to the Smith Machine for squats, which I don't like at all. But, whaddya do when the one and only squat rack is being used?? You deal. I was a little grumpy today

Smith Squats (50) 10 (70) 10 (90) 10/10
SLDL (95) 10/10/10

tri-set HS Leg extensions/ HS seated leg curl/ HS calf raise
(150) 10 (45) 12 (45) 15
(150) 10 (55) 10 (45) 12
(150) 8 (55) 10 (45) 12

out of time - suppose to meet me daughter for lunch today.. going to opt for the baked salmon and steamed vege's with NO butter ;)

Oh yeah, if one of the mods can delete my journal in the men's side... I totally screwed that up

tammyp
08-10-2011, 05:03 PM
get a plan and stick w it...you know how to get er done:)

The Prodigy
08-10-2011, 05:21 PM
This is why I hire someone to MAKE a plan for me. Without it coming from someone else I eat whatever I want, whenever I want! LOL!!!

katt981
08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah Gail - I can relate to that...lol

today's workout
Incline DB Press (35's) wu 12 (40) 10 (45) 6/7
Flat DB Press (40) 10 (45) 10 (47.5) 3 ugh
DB pullover (45) 10 (50) 10/10
Cable Crossovers (20 ea side) 10/10/10
Incline DB Fly (25) 15/15

ok on the flat bench.. my hubby was spotting me and he has this habit of pushing inward on my elbows in the middle of the movement instead of placing his hands until my arms to help.. on the 47.5's that's what he did on my 4th rep and I about dropping the db's.. geez..

meals packed for today
m1 6 egg whites 1/2 cups 7 grain cereal (montana wheat - love this stuff)
m2 turkey burger - zucchini
m3 5 oz chicken breast, 1/4 c b beans, salsa, green beans mixed
m4 30 gram protein shake
m5 - tbd - dinner with daughter & family tonight.. probably fish

shankuan
08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
totally with Gail on that! But I agree with Tammy, get a plan, stick to it by STICKING it up all over your house/car/desk. I did that this last off season and it kept my ass in line (mostly).

Just get some of those 'SUPER STICKY' post-its :excited:

sassy69
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
totally with Gail on that! But I agree with Tammy, get a plan, stick to it by STICKING it up all over your house/car/desk. I did that this last off season and it kept my ass in line (mostly).

Just get some of those 'SUPER STICKY' post-its :excited:

Might have to start doing that. I have an autograph I recently got from Ed Corney (Arnold's old training partner & former Mr Universe) - the dude is old & broken down - it is painful to watch him stand up for photo - but he's at just about every BB event in Norther Cali all year long, every year.. biggest support of BB and classiest guy in the sport... So I intended to put up the photo at my desk - its a pic of him - at age 60+ DB rowing something like 120s. Like, if he can do it, what's my excuse. The only problem is the cheesy grin he has on his face sort of kills that "hardcore motivation" factor. LOLZ.. I love that guy so much!

I may have to find some other photos to put.... but the idea is a great one - I've never been one who needed to do that once I get into "the zone" but goddamn, is that a bitch trying to get into....

shankuan
08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Might have to start doing that. I have an autograph I recently got from Ed Corney (Arnold's old training partner & former Mr Universe) - the dude is old & broken down - it is painful to watch him stand up for photo - but he's at just about every BB event in Norther Cali all year long, every year.. biggest support of BB and classiest guy in the sport... So I intended to put up the photo at my desk - its a pic of him - at age 60+ DB rowing something like 120s. Like, if he can do it, what's my excuse. The only problem is the cheesy grin he has on his face sort of kills that "hardcore motivation" factor. LOLZ.. I love that guy so much!

I may have to find some other photos to put.... but the idea is a great one - I've never been one who needed to do that once I get into "the zone" but goddamn, is that a bitch trying to get into....

You could do what is called a vision board. I read this article sometime ago and created my vision board. It has helped me make concerted effort to do what I am supposed to in order to get the results i want or hope for.
http://christinekane.com/blog/how-to-make-a-vision-board/

sorry for the hijack katt :)

katt981
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I like the idea of the vision board :yep:

I have a few photos of me when I was really lean, so if I had those in front of my face 24/7 then look in the mirror to compare, that just might do it!

And of course, putting some of you gals here in competition condition too!

:lift2:

katt981
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
ok I have a couple pics from my 'motivation' ... the leanest I've been (2006 - bottom photo) and more current at (2009) I know they are only back shots, but it's all I got.... I'm one of those "oh no, you're not taking my picture" type of people...ha ha

The Prodigy
08-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Vision board...I like it!

Most of the people I admire the most are men tho.....at least people will know I dig men! LOL!!!

katt981
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Seated DB curl (25) 12 (27.5) 10 (30) 8
Preacher bar curl (35) 10 (45) 8/8
Rope push down ss w/OH tri extension
(30) 10/10
(35) 10/10
(40) 8/7

Last night for dinner I opted for the charbroiled salmon, steamed vege's and small salad with huckleberry vinaigrette .. yum! The salmon seemed a little salty, but then I don't put salt on anything, so it was probably me

tomorrow is huckleberry picking :excited: love this time of year!

katt981
08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Had a really relaxing, yet chaotic weekend if that's possible. Felt like I was doing a million things to get ready for Monday But it was all fun ;)

Huckleberry picking, made a large batch of ratatouille (love this) and grilled some chicken breasts, went to a Wild Tree party (have you guys tried the mixes?? - delish!), etc. Managed to get out on the lake with my son & family yesterday which was really calming.....

Ready to get back and hit it this week!

katt981
08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
this mornings workout went pretty good - had a lot of energy today

Wide Grip Pull Down (85) 12(100)10 (105) 8 (110) 8
T Bar Row (55) 10 (70) 7/7
One Arm DB Row (50) 8 (60) 10 (70) 10

Seated CG Cable row ss w/ Straight arm push downs
(100) 10 / (35) 15
(100) 10/ (42.5) 12
(85) 10 / (42.5) 10 Cable rows dropped weight & did 2 second squeeze at contraction

roman chair 15/15

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Love the back photos! You look great! I'm still learning how this whole forum thing works...tried to post a profile pic and not sure what the heck I did. Left my face off...ha.

katt981
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
today was just 'ok'

Flat DB Bench (35's) 10 (40) 10 (42.5) 10 (45) 10

Incline DB Press (40) 10 (42.5) 8/7 ugh...

Cable Crossovers 20 ea side 3x10

Incline DB Fly w/25's - 1 set of 20

Dips... hahahahahaha... did 3 then couldn't do any more..... lmao.... I even ate carbs yesterday...:p

PFEPerformance
08-18-2011, 01:21 PM
today was just 'ok'

Flat DB Bench (35's) 10 (40) 10 (42.5) 10 (45) 10

Incline DB Press (40) 10 (42.5) 8/7 ugh...

Cable Crossovers 20 ea side 3x10

Incline DB Fly w/25's - 1 set of 20

Dips... hahahahahaha... did 3 then couldn't do any more..... lmao.... I even ate carbs yesterday...:p

LOL - "DIPS"!! Holy Mother of God if those don't kick your ass at the end of chest day....nothin will! Understood!! Keep up the good work!!

katt981
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeh P.. they were a little harder than I thought they'd be..lol Thanks for taking a peek in my journal!!

Last night I picked huckleberries with a friend. I don't know what it is about them, I already have 4 gallons, but I can't quit picking them!!! It was getting so dark that I could barely see the bushes..LOL

It's like a crack head getting another hit.... C-a-n-t s-t-o-p p-i-c-k-i-n-g........:hypno:

stephaniewicked
08-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Yay, new journal!!

Something about a lean back is just ohhh sooo sexy. Love it! ;)

katt981
08-23-2011, 11:13 AM
ok did it - had my 'yearly' checkup .. I really procrastinate about this every year..LOL.. anyway was having a conversation w/my doc about doing a show, since my kidney function isn't 100%, I was concerned. Well she said, 'as long as you don't take all the supplements you should be fine" like, WTH? and totally gave me the stern look when I mentioned I did the Keto diet.. oh geez.. I guess I need to re-vamp my dieting skills..:hypno:

Anyway today's workout

static stretches for 10 minutes

BB OH press (50) 10 (60) 10 (70) 8/8
DB Lateral side raise (15) 10 (17.5) 10/10
Front Raise (17.5) 10 (20) 8/8
Rev Fly (10) 10/10/10

1 set of shrugs w/50's 10 ....forgot my straps and these were really hurting my hands for some reason, so I'll throw them in with back day. ;)

If anyone has any 'tips' on the dieting you can throw them my way anytime..:yep: I'm thinking on sticking to the 40/40/20 for now pro/carb/fat
and play with the cals a little

katt981
08-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Legs

V Squat (90) 12 (140) 10 (180) 10 (230) 10
SLDL (95) 10 (115) 10 (125) 8 (95) 12

next is a quad set
Extension (150) 10/10/10
Lying Leg Curl (single leg) (20) 10/10/10
Inners (90) 15/15/15
Outers (90) 15/15/15

HS Calf Raise (120) 15/13

MitsyKnox
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Dips are so hard for me! I have to do assisted dips and they are still hard! My triceps are huge but weak. I really want my bis & tris to be dense but not any bigger. I won't skip them, but lift light with super high reps. Why can't my shoulders be big!?!?

MitsyKnox
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
ok I have a couple pics from my 'motivation' ... the leanest I've been (2006 - bottom photo) and more current at (2009) I know they are only back shots, but it's all I got.... I'm one of those "oh no, you're not taking my picture" type of people...ha ha

Awesome back! Gorgeous!!! Nothing is sexier than a fit back in a backless or racerback shirt/dress.

katt981
08-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Dips are so hard for me! I have to do assisted dips and they are still hard! My triceps are huge but weak. I really want my bis & tris to be dense but not any bigger. I won't skip them, but lift light with super high reps. Why can't my shoulders be big!?!?

Yeah, I never had any problem with dips - just with pull ups.. those are killer for me.. seems like it took me FOREVER to get to 4 be myself.. ha ha

Awesome back! Gorgeous!!! Nothing is sexier than a fit back in a backless or racerback shirt/dress.

thank you I really like that look as well.;)

Sunnyday
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey! New thread! Yay! Sorry I'm late to the party. :)

Love the back shots! :D

40/40/20 sounds like a good plan to play with.

Dips are hard for me, but I like doing them. I like chinups better, less strain for my wrists.

Keep up the great work! :D

Bronwyn
08-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Hi,
will watch you here :D with the food I used to be the same - I had big troubles when I wrote my own plan to myself - always also had an arument why to NOT do that :D when someone writes or supervises it to me, I am able to stick on ....

Anyway last precontest in USA I did myself, and I was able to did it - anyway I had support from my fiance.

with food I have 60/20/20 offseason - protein/carb/fat - but it is me and my stupid metabloism :D I have to run at low carbs all the time ....

katt981
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey! New thread! Yay! Sorry I'm late to the party. :)

Love the back shots! :D

40/40/20 sounds like a good plan to play with.

Dips are hard for me, but I like doing them. I like chinups better, less strain for my wrists.

Keep up the great work! :D

Thanks Sunny! Yeah I think for now I'm going to stick with the meal plan.

Hi,
will watch you here :D with the food I used to be the same - I had big troubles when I wrote my own plan to myself - always also had an arument why to NOT do that :D when someone writes or supervises it to me, I am able to stick on ....

Anyway last precontest in USA I did myself, and I was able to did it - anyway I had support from my fiance.

with food I have 60/20/20 offseason - protein/carb/fat - but it is me and my stupid metabloism :D I have to run at low carbs all the time ....

I seems to favor the 50/30/20 usually.... but I just got 'scolded' by my doc for keeping my protein so high... wth? I can't really diet on a high-carb plan.. geez... I've never tried the 60/20/20 though.. I have to admit I'm pretty much and meat & fresh vege's girl :p I could live on that for a long time. ha ha

katt981
08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, I didn't make it to the gym this morning.. :mad: Hopefully when I get home I can get in and get some things done! My hammys are feeling really tight from the workout yesterday. May have to do some cardio to loosen them up a bit.

The Prodigy
08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Glad you are doing well!! Keep working hard!

Sunnyday
08-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I respectfully disagree with your doctor on this issue.
I came across an article about high protein diets in Fitness & Physique Magazine, Summer 2011. The article dispels the myths of high protein diets leading to kidney disease, liver damage, osteoporosis, and other health problems (with journal references). It also gives references in support of high protein diets. Studies are all over the place in support of high protein diets, and there is little -if any - scientific validity to the claims that they are unhealthy. :)

katt981
08-26-2011, 11:06 AM
today was back

CG Pulldown (85) 10 (100 ) 10/8
ss w/
Underhand Seated Cable Row (85) 10 (100) 7 (85) 10

BO BB Rows (65) 10 (85) 10 (95) 10

WG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 10/9
ss w/
Straight Arm Push Down (42.5) 10 (50) 10/8

DB Shrugs (50's) 10 (60) 10/10
ss w/
Hyperextensions (25) 12 (35) 12/12

katt981
08-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I respectfully disagree with your doctor on this issue.
I came across an article about high protein diets in Fitness & Physique Magazine, Summer 2011. The article dispels the myths of high protein diets leading to kidney disease, liver damage, osteoporosis, and other health problems (with journal references). It also gives references in support of high protein diets. Studies are all over the place in support of high protein diets, and there is little -if any - scientific validity to the claims that they are unhealthy. :)

Yeah Sunny - you have to take into consideration that this is the doc that also doesn't believe in HRT..... so I pretty much am taking it with a grain of salt.. :)

katt981
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Glad you are doing well!! Keep working hard!

thanks Gail - trying to bump it up a notch in here. All you ladies give me great motivation! ;)

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM

I seems to favor the 50/30/20 usually.... but I just got 'scolded' by my doc for keeping my protein so high... wth? I can't really diet on a high-carb plan.. geez... I've never tried the 60/20/20 though.. I have to admit I'm pretty much and meat & fresh vege's girl :p I could live on that for a long time. ha ha

The body actually needs much less protein than most people think. Even under strenuous times, i.e. heavy workouts. I eat way more protein than my body needs only because I seem to function better on less carbs and more protein. I have a higher fat ratio as well though which makes up some calories that would be lost if I ate the 'recommended' amount of protein and reduced carbs. As long as you aren't consuming a ridiculous amount of protein (>200 g/day) and drink plenty of water I'm sure you are fine. Many doctors see a high urea/creatinine ratio (BUN) and sometimes high liver enzymes - ALT (only slightly higher than reference values) on a lab test and they automatically assume you have liver and/or kidney damage. Most physicians have only had one semester of nutrition and are not aware that individuals with higher than average muscle mass will have slightly higher values for these two lab tests. Of course, it's always better to be on the safe side and have further assessment done if they think it's needed. I'm just saying, high protein diets are not as bad as many people think so long as you are maintaining proper nutritional status through a varied diet or supplementation to avoid certain anemias that can result in very damaging (even deadly) conditions (i.e., deficiencies and/or toxic levels of some B vitamins can lead to irreversible nerve damage, so it's important not to over-supplement as well as making sure you have adequate dietary intake).

katt981
08-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks Mitsy - Yeah, I do have slightly elevated levels normally.. I have a few cysts in my kidneys and some cirrhosis of the liver from some potent med's I was given as a child. BUT - those levels have been consistent no matter what type of diet I have been on, so I should be good if I keep my fluid intake up and keep a check on it. My only concern with doing a show was the dehydration period those last few days.

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks Mitsy - Yeah, I do have slightly elevated levels normally.. I have a few cysts in my kidneys and some cirrhosis of the liver from some potent med's I was given as a child. BUT - those levels have been consistent no matter what type of diet I have been on, so I should be good if I keep my fluid intake up and keep a check on it. My only concern with doing a show was the dehydration period those last few days.

If you were to compete, would you do bodybuilding, physique, or figure? Because you really don't need to dehydrate for figure. If you are lean and dehydrate you might end up too vascular and striated for figure. I've never dehydrated for a show. I watch my sodium intake and don't drink a ton of fluids, but I don't drop water or take diuretics or anything.

katt981
08-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Idk where I would most 'fit in' When I do get to that point I have a friend, who is a judge that told me she would look at me in a suit to see which category I would fit. I would prefer bb... but physique would be good too... I believe she mentioned prior that I would have too much muscle mass to do figure, but who knows after all this 'padding' comes off :dunno:

Bronwyn
08-27-2011, 03:13 AM
If you have some kidney/liver failures - I would only avoid proteins, liquid proteins goes to blood much faster than from the average food digestion. Therefore it raises quickly and livers have more "work" with it too.

So when you have SOME problem like that is better to have aminoacids as supps - as they do not need to be processed so much and as much of protein intake as is possible from solid food - as they are processed more "naturally".

But many people rises all by protein drinks and THAT is what may cause problems - elevated intake of liquid protein....

BTW: with water deload I will have to think it up too - what to do as I found out my kidney disease started me a Chronic Cyclic Hypokalemic Paralysis syndrome - so I can not manipulate mainly my mineral but also water intake :) so will search ways how to compete without it - will let you know girls how it goes :yep:

BTW2: I think I am big enough now and my intake was always under 200 - 180 the biggest intake :)

katt981
08-29-2011, 12:27 PM
No failures B... just concerned. Thanks for the tips1

katt981
08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
today was chest

Incline DB Press (35's) 12 (40) 12 (42.5) 12 (45) 8

Flat DB Press (40) 10 (42.5) 8 (45) 6 wth?

Cable crossovers 20 per side 12 (22.5) 12/12

Drop set cable push downs (50) 12 (40) 12 (30) 10 (20) 15

Cardio tonight! ;)

Sunnyday
08-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Nice work, esp the DBs! :D

katt981
08-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks Sunny! :)

Today was back

WG Pull down (80) 12 (100) 10 (105) 8 (110) 6
BO Rows (75) 10 (95) 8 (105)6
Straight Arm Push Downs (42.5) 10 (50) 6..(42.5) 10/10
ss/
Face Pulls (25) 10 (35) 10/10

LF Low back exten (120) 20 (135) 15/20

DB Shrugs (60) 10 (65) 10/8

Starting up Zumba again tonight ;)

M1- 7 egg whites w/mushrooms & peppers
M2 - Turkey Burger, cukes
M3 - Chicken Ceasar salad - (leftover from this weekend)
M4 - Turkey Burger w/zucchini & soy/splenda
M5 - Steak, salad

Still trying to get the diet in check.. need to really concentrate on logging it into Fitday and checking the cals/macros :p

Bronwyn
08-31-2011, 03:06 AM
Still trying to get the diet in check.. need to really concentrate on logging it into Fitday and checking the cals/macros :p

I tried these counting sites too - various of them, including some in my native language but I had always HARD times to find food I usually eat LOL so I spent there more tme than having hand-tables at my hand and re-counting all myself on the calculator :) never was able to keep it longer than two weeks though :D

katt981
08-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah B - I usually have better control if I write it down day-by-day in my food journal and calculate all the macros..

Today was a day off for us ;) My hubby has Saturday off so we decided to move our leg day from today to take advantage of the 'extra' time on Saturday.

Zumba last night... wow... a total sweat box I was. I haven't taken a class since May, and it was so long I forgot how much I LOVE that booty-shaking class for my cardio on Tues & Thurs.. It's definitely back in! :yep:

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 07:19 PM

I have to disagree with the doctors too. High protein diets are not bad for you. How many doctors do you know that are in shape or even thin, most are over weight and eat worse than most people I know.

Sunny is right also... there is not any reliable evidence that supports they are bad for you. It frustrates me when people say that or think that what I do is bad for me. The only kidney issue I have ever had is when I self medicated with too much ibuprofen for 2 weeks. That was awful. The only dr who didnt give me grief over the high protein diet was my kidney dr... go figure!!!:dunno:

Bronwyn
09-01-2011, 04:59 AM
I have to disagree with the doctors too. High protein diets are not bad for you. How many doctors do you know that are in shape or even thin, most are over weight and eat worse than most people I know.

Sunny is right also... there is not any reliable evidence that supports they are bad for you. It frustrates me when people say that or think that what I do is bad for me. The only kidney issue I have ever had is when I self medicated with too much ibuprofen for 2 weeks. That was awful. The only dr who didnt give me grief over the high protein diet was my kidney dr... go figure!!!:dunno:

Agree with the doctors look a like - how to explain to my endocrinologist I need different medication as I have to stay lean, when she is overweighted herself and look fatter than me (my previous Doc.).

I had kidney failure in 2008 because my practical Dr. gave me bad antibiotics TWICE in a row and caused that my bladder infection was not cured - but only hidden. And after another month I had so many bacteriums in my body that the same levels you may find in nature on death bodies of animals :angry: Gross. So I got to the hospital and was paralyzed from my neck down for 2 days - tell me about kidneys than :yep:

But there at ICU I had a very good doctor who did not blamed gym from all (as doctors here likes to do) and who was interested about it (especially metabolism, its changes during the diet and peaking) and who also told me what I wrote above - when you have failure or some problems you may eat SOLID meals - including meat, red meat, be a lil carefull with interstines, but solid meals are ok, problem may be with liquid supplements because those goes to blood flow very quickly and they goes around the digestive proceses - so may cause your problem will worse, same with creatine - when it is in red meat as natural source OK, when it is suplemented during some period you have problems - it may worsen those problems.

So after my kidney-problem I sticked with food only and avoid all supps at the beggining, but I ate a lot of meat still as I am used to it and I am OK now.

So Katt - eat meat with some piece of veggies to it always to support the digestion, and try to avoid supps only and should be OK, even on higher proteins :)

katt981
09-01-2011, 11:50 AM
wow Bronwyn - sounds you got the crash course on the subject! Sorry you had to go through that :mad: I understand that doc's can only suggest what they deem is the problem, and sometimes it's just a guess..

I've done good so far - even did well on the Keto diet, so :dunno: guess I'll just 'do what I do' and be done with it.. LOL

katt981
09-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Today was Bi's & Tri's :)

Seated DB Curl (22.5) 12 (25) 12 (30) 10
Ss w/
OH Cable Tri Exten (40) 12 (45) 12 (50) 10

Seated Hammer Curls (25) 12/12 (27.5) 10
Ss/
Cable Tri push-downs (40) 10 (50) 10 (60) 10

Dips 8/8/8

Prone Incline BB Curl (40) 10/10/10
Ss/
CG Bench (50) 12 (60) 10/10

Loved this workout - felt really good at the end.

My hubby has FOUR DAYS OFF on Labor Day Weekend which never happens because he works in the Grocery industry.. Wow I'm jumping up and down trying to figure out what to do this weekend :D

stephaniewilles
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Agree with the doctors look a like - how to explain to my endocrinologist I need different medication as I have to stay lean, when she is overweighted herself and look fatter than me (my previous Doc.).

I had kidney failure in 2008 because my practical Dr. gave me bad antibiotics TWICE in a row and caused that my bladder infection was not cured - but only hidden. And after another month I had so many bacteriums in my body that the same levels you may find in nature on death bodies of animals :angry: Gross. So I got to the hospital and was paralyzed from my neck down for 2 days - tell me about kidneys than :yep:

But there at ICU I had a very good doctor who did not blamed gym from all (as doctors here likes to do) and who was interested about it (especially metabolism, its changes during the diet and peaking) and who also told me what I wrote above - when you have failure or some problems you may eat SOLID meals - including meat, red meat, be a lil carefull with interstines, but solid meals are ok, problem may be with liquid supplements because those goes to blood flow very quickly and they goes around the digestive proceses - so may cause your problem will worse, same with creatine - when it is in red meat as natural source OK, when it is suplemented during some period you have problems - it may worsen those problems.

So after my kidney-problem I sticked with food only and avoid all supps at the beggining, but I ate a lot of meat still as I am used to it and I am OK now.

So Katt - eat meat with some piece of veggies to it always to support the digestion, and try to avoid supps only and should be OK, even on higher proteins :)

Gosh Lada, sorry about all the problems there, thats awful!!

Totally agree about your body processing food proteins better than supps!!! Its the way to go. I do add in some shakes tho, so far I have no issues.

Katt, do what your body tells ya girl. Thats my two cents!!! Sometimes a dr doesnt know you like you do, ya know!!?? :)

Bronwyn
09-02-2011, 05:14 AM
wow Bronwyn - sounds you got the crash course on the subject! Sorry you had to go through that :mad: I understand that doc's can only suggest what they deem is the problem, and sometimes it's just a guess..

I've done good so far - even did well on the Keto diet, so :dunno: guess I'll just 'do what I do' and be done with it.. LOL

Give it a try and listen to your body.. I thik that also there is a lot of myths between doctors, once one practical doctor started to warn me to NOT take any protein powder as there are sport-enhancing chemicals in it :no: Some doctors for example do not understand the elevated needs of nutrients for athletes overally - they do not reccomend even an average Nr. of protein (my doctor even told me HIGH amount of protein is 1g/kg (what is aprox 0,5g/lb I think)) as they are used to patients with liver/kidney problems on much smaller amounts - but those are in 99,9% "average people" and their livers/kidneys must process also things like too much carbs and bad fats etc.

Try not protein drinks but small amounts of meat 5x a day and if all will be good you may eat higher and higher amounts till you will be back on track I think.

katt981
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Yup I've always been on the 5 a day plan :yep: Love it.. except on the weekends when I get super busy.

ok so I tried something different for shoulders today, I get tired of the same ole' thing, ya know?? Anyway, I saw these exercises in a fitness & physique mag, at least I think that's what it was. Natural BB mag.

Standing OH DB Press - basically 3 sets of the following reps drop sets 6-8, then 8-10 then 10-12 w/ no rest - 90 seconds between sets
(25) 8 (22.5) 10 (15)10
(25) 8 (20) 10 (15) 9
(35) 8 (20) 10 (15) 7 .. jeezzuusss the burn... lol

second was the same scenario

Single Arm DB Lateral raise - 1st 10-12/ 2nd 8-10, 3rd & 4th 6-8 w/no rest
(15) 12 (12.5) 10 (10) 8/8
(17.5) 10 (15) 8 (12.5) 8
(17.5) 10 (15) 8 (12.5) 6

after this we were suppose to do lying reverse flys, but I could even raise the 10 lb db's.... hahahahaha...

I'll have to try this one again next time :hypno: I have to admit, this is the first day my shoulders were burning from carrying my purse & lunch bag from the car to my office :cry:

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Sawwwwweeeeeeet DB work, girl!

MitsyKnox
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Yup I've always been on the 5 a day plan :yep: Love it.. except on the weekends when I get super busy.

ok so I tried something different for shoulders today, I get tired of the same ole' thing, ya know?? Anyway, I saw these exercises in a fitness & physique mag, at least I think that's what it was. Natural BB mag.

Standing OH DB Press - basically 3 sets of the following reps drop sets 6-8, then 8-10 then 10-12 w/ no rest - 90 seconds between sets
(25) 8 (22.5) 10 (15)10
(25) 8 (20) 10 (15) 9
(35) 8 (20) 10 (15) 7 .. jeezzuusss the burn... lol

second was the same scenario

Single Arm DB Lateral raise - 1st 10-12/ 2nd 8-10, 3rd & 4th 6-8 w/no rest
(15) 12 (12.5) 10 (10) 8/8
(17.5) 10 (15) 8 (12.5) 8
(17.5) 10 (15) 8 (12.5) 6

after this we were suppose to do lying reverse flys, but I could even raise the 10 lb db's.... hahahahaha...

I'll have to try this one again next time :hypno: I have to admit, this is the first day my shoulders were burning from carrying my purse & lunch bag from the car to my office :cry:

Awesome workout! What's this fitness & physique magazine I've read in the forums? I've never seen it but I'm totally interested.

katt981
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I'll have to get the correct name - it's at home and I'm at work right now. It comes out quarterly and I always get it because it's the only magazine I've found that highlights nutrition, training specifics and equally divided between female/male bb'rs/ figure/fitness.. love it. I'll grab it and scan it in later

MitsyKnox
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I'll have to get the correct name - it's at home and I'm at work right now. It comes out quarterly and I always get it because it's the only magazine I've found that highlights nutrition, training specifics and equally divided between female/male bb'rs/ figure/fitness.. love it. I'll grab it and scan it in later

Yay! Thanks;)

katt981
09-02-2011, 05:01 PM
this is it... kinda ratted up ... lol

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Hey! Fitness & Physique Mag! That is the mag owned by the OCB, the federation I compete in. My pic is in the fall 2011 issue - Central Eastern Seaboard States!

katt981
09-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey! Fitness & Physique Mag! That is the mag owned by the OCB, the federation I compete in. My pic is in the fall 2011 issue - Central Eastern Seaboard States!

Really! SWEET! I just have the summer 2011... haven't seen the fall issue yet. Do you know when it is on the stands? LOVE this mag!

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
It should be out any day now. Since you have the summer issue, check out the Yorton Cup figure overall winner, Cheryl Davis. Killer bod. It was her FIRST show and she snagged her IFPA pro card. Then she hit up an NPC national qualifier and won, then Team U this summer placed 2nd and snagged her IFBB pro card. Not bad for a first year, huh?

My posing coach, Lisa Reale, won the figure overall at the Yorton in 2009. It was HER first show, too. Some people hit it just right on the first try.

Now I am 8 weeks out today from the Yorton and I am getting PSYCHED!

katt981
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
It should be out any day now. Since you have the summer issue, check out the Yorton Cup figure overall winner, Cheryl Davis. Killer bod. It was her FIRST show and she snagged her IFPA pro card. Then she hit up an NPC national qualifier and won, then Team U this summer placed 2nd and snagged her IFBB pro card. Not bad for a first year, huh?

My posing coach, Lisa Reale, won the figure overall at the Yorton in 2009. It was HER first show, too. Some people hit it just right on the first try.

Now I am 8 weeks out today from the Yorton and I am getting PSYCHED!

I'm looking at it now ... can I say WOW!

First comp... omg.. she looks AWESOME!

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm looking at it now ... can I say WOW!

First comp... omg.. she looks AWESOME!

Yep, awesome is an understatement. If I have to get my butt kicked at that show, I would not mind being beat out by a bod like hers, she's unbeatable. Also a real sweetie from what I'm told.

katt981
09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Well, the leg workout that I had intended to do on Saturday was postponed until this morning. We ended up watching our grandkids (ages 1 & 3) for the entire weekend. This morning I think I was going through withdrawls because I was totally out of it at the gym (emotionally) LOL

Front Squats (65) 12/12 (75) 10/10

Deadlifts (75) 10/10/8/8

Step ups on knee high box (20's) 8 (15's) 8/8

lying leg curl (single leg) (20) 12 (25) 10/10

Icarian Angled seated calf raise (120) 12/15/15

Turned out to be a really light day... emotions were getting the best of me an it seemed I had to fight hard not to break down.... I really don't like those days. :no: But, tomorrow will be better

Zumba tonight :banana:

stephaniewilles
09-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, the leg workout that I had intended to do on Saturday was postponed until this morning. We ended up watching our grandkids (ages 1 & 3) for the entire weekend. This morning I think I was going through withdrawls because I was totally out of it at the gym (emotionally) LOL

Front Squats (65) 12/12 (75) 10/10

Deadlifts (75) 10/10/8/8

Step ups on knee high box (20's) 8 (15's) 8/8

lying leg curl (single leg) (20) 12 (25) 10/10

Icarian Angled seated calf raise (120) 12/15/15

Turned out to be a really light day... emotions were getting the best of me an it seemed I had to fight hard not to break down.... I really don't like those days. :no: But, tomorrow will be better

Zumba tonight :banana:

I dislike emotional days also but hey girl, you pulled out a pretty good leg workout to say the least. Be proud of that, most wouldnt have gone at all!!! Hope your day is better :hmn:xoxoxo

katt981
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
this morning went much better than yesterday - felt strong. Could be because I got more sleep last night.. lol

DB Bench Press (40's) 12 (45) 8 (50) 8 (52.5) 8

Pec Deck (90) 12 (100) 10 (110) 8

DB Pullovers (50) 10 (52.5) 10 (55) 10

Incline DB Press (40) 8 (42.5) 7/6

dips 5/3/1.5... ha ha

Well, at least I could do some dips after we were finished, but not many :no:

Suzanne
09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
stopping by to catch up ad say hi!

katt981
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey Suzanne! Thanks for stopping by! Love the new pic! :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Glad you got more sleep and today is better than the last!!!!

katt981
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Steph! :)

today was a mix of tri sets and pretty much a jumbled mess..LOL

BB Shoulder Press (50) 10 (60) 10/8
BB Curl (50) 10 (60) 6 (50) 8
CG Bench (50) 12 (60) 10/8

Front DB Raise (17.5) 10 (20) 10/10
DB Preacher Curl (17.5) 10 (20) 10/10
Kick Backs (17.5) 10 (20) 10/10

Reverse Incline DB Fly (15) 10/10/10
Roman Chair 20/20

Hanging Knee Raise 20

Bench Dips 25/20

Bronwyn
09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
I am impressed with your DB Bench Press - nice weights :)

katt981
09-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks Bronwyn. I'm trying to push myself a little more now that I have that 'extra' on right now :)

katt981
09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
today - ok so we put back as our last workout, and man it was tough! :hypno:

CG pulldown (85) 10 (100) 10/8
ss w/
Underhand Seated Cable Row (85) 8/8/8

BO Rows (75) 10 (5) 8 (105) 7

WG Pulldown (85) 10 (100 )8/8
ss w/
Straight Arm Pushdowns (42.5) 8/8/8

Shrugs (55's) 10/10/10
ss/w
Hyper extensions (35) 10/10/10

Sunnyday
09-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice back WO, katt! Back supers are soooo hard, especially at the end of the week.

katt981
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
OMG Sunny - we've never done back on the last day... geez louise!~!

Saturday I took a spinning class... ha ha. Haven't taken one for a while, we were only 20 minutes into the hour class and my legs were burning so bad!

Sunnyday
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
^Yeppers. That is why I do the large muscle groups at the beginning of my week. ;)

I took a spin class last summer. I liked that we did some of it outside when the weather was nice. I liked meeting new people and I LOVED the instructor. But I learned that I need my WO time for the solitude - to collect myself so I can be at 100% for my kids - and there were just too many chatty people for me to get into a groove and get my fill of solitude. Maybe once my kids are all in school full-time I will try it again...and probably like it a LOT more. :)

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
OMG Sunny - we've never done back on the last day... geez louise!~!

Saturday I took a spinning class... ha ha. Haven't taken one for a while, we were only 20 minutes into the hour class and my legs were burning so bad!

Gotta love spin class, almost always have the "I may vomit feeling" right around 30 min in. Great wo tho!!!

:yep:

katt981
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Tuesday! Zumba tonight :)

this morning:

LF Pull down (70) 10 (90) 10 (110) 8/8
HS High Row 50 per side / 10 (60) 7/7
LF Seated Row (60) 8 (75) 8 (90) 8
One arm DB Row (50) 8 (55) 8/8
Seated Cable Row (85) 8 (100) 8 (105) 8

I guess this wo was all full of rows! :yep: one of those days for me that I was staring at our log book wondering what to write down and nothing really came to me... :hypno:

katt981
09-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while... I've had a stomach issue that's pretty much put me out of commission for this week.. arghh!!

On another note, I was just on Facebook and I feel like a freakin' stalker sometimes....LMAO I want to know EVERYTHING that is going on at the O, so I'm looking at everyone's post, pic's, vid's on bb.com... OMG I'm totally obsessed..... I freaking should get off my ass and compete - just pick a date and go for it!!

I think I keep putting it off, because it's that unknown factor..."can I REALLY do this?" or more important..."Can my husband hang in there during the prep period?"

How did you're significant other deal with the prep for a show when you all started??:confused:

stephaniewilles
09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while... I've had a stomach issue that's pretty much put me out of commission for this week.. arghh!!

On another note, I was just on Facebook and I feel like a freakin' stalker sometimes....LMAO I want to know EVERYTHING that is going on at the O, so I'm looking at everyone's post, pic's, vid's on bb.com... OMG I'm totally obsessed..... I freaking should get off my ass and compete - just pick a date and go for it!!

I think I keep putting it off, because it's that unknown factor..."can I REALLY do this?" or more important..."Can my husband hang in there during the prep period?"

How did you're significant other deal with the prep for a show when you all started??:confused:

OMG Katt...DO ITT!!!!! :yep:
Of course you can do it!!!! And as far as your hubby goes just try to have another outlet to vent to lol. My husband and I diet together and he never gets moody (lucky) he says I'm not either but he is just being a sweety :hugme:
I'm obsessed with Olympia too. Staying up on Twitter :p LOL
Sorry about your tummy!! Thats the worst!! Are you feeling any better?
Have a great weekend!!!

katt981
09-16-2011, 05:32 PM
OMG Katt...DO ITT!!!!! :yep:
Of course you can do it!!!! And as far as your hubby goes just try to have another outlet to vent to lol. My husband and I diet together and he never gets moody (lucky) he says I'm not either but he is just being a sweety :hugme:
I'm obsessed with Olympia too. Staying up on Twitter :p LOL
Sorry about your tummy!! Thats the worst!! Are you feeling any better?
Have a great weekend!!!

Yeah Steph, better day by day, slowly.. but too slow for me... :p

Bronwyn
09-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Get well soon.

I heared freaking stories about pairs preping together, and - well during first prep of my fiancé I did not competed because of that too (it was more factors, but this was one of them as I wanted to let him the best conditions).... but this year we prepped together because we wanted to go to mixed pairs class. We prepare really different ways and we are totally different personalities - but we simply respected each other and mainly did not want to change each others prep. - I did not tell anything to him and let him to do his things his way and I did my things my way.... I think it is important... With tolerance to each other and letting your partner personal space - even the prep is possible for both. But that means you both will be able to make it this way :)

katt981
09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
ok, so this week is WAY better, but my husband now has the crud... YUK!

Had a GREAT B-day gift today - a nice gift card from Super Supplements! YAHOOOOO!! Going to go research what fat burners they have. Had a suggestion about getting Lipo 6.. Anyone tried that one?

I really have missed my pre-workout drinks for the last month.. coffee wasn't quiet cuttin' it for me :hypno:

Sunnyday
09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Woo hoo! Happy birthday! :D

Bronwyn
09-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Happy B-day

LisaRD23
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Happy belated birthday:hmn:

I tried lipo-6 a few years back and I liked it. I was able to keep on the lower end of the dosage and only increased when I wanted to ramp it up a bit. During prep I had switched to Hot Rox- but I don't think I'd use that agin unless I was preparing for something big.

katt981
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Did the Hot Rox give you the shakes? I was also looking at Razor 8, but there were a lot of reviews that it made you really shakey.

Bronwyn
09-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I also tried Hot-Rox, one of the best fatburners - or rather metabolic enhancers I had. Increased nicely T3 levels in my blood.
I did not shake at it at all - the only one "side" I had was a heartburn when I took it on my empty stomache, so always I recommend to use it around meal time, than it is OK, anyway was expensive to get it here so probbably will use it again also before something bigger :)

stephaniewilles
09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
ok, so this week is WAY better, but my husband now has the crud... YUK!

Had a GREAT B-day gift today - a nice gift card from Super Supplements! YAHOOOOO!! Going to go research what fat burners they have. Had a suggestion about getting Lipo 6.. Anyone tried that one?

I really have missed my pre-workout drinks for the last month.. coffee wasn't quiet cuttin' it for me :hypno:

Glad your better this week girl ;). have you thought more about doing a show? I havent used pre workouts or any fat burners in like a year but with all the samples I have I'm trying some out. Would be nice if I could find something that curb hunger!!!! I"m so freakin hungry!!!! :drool: So as I sample what I have I will let you know. I think I have a ton of those Lipo 6 samples, I could always send you enough for a week and try it out if you like??? Or I can just let you know how well they work :)

katt981
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
actually I did end up getting a bottle of the Lipo 6 with my gift card - nothing like free money.. LOL

Just did one capsule this morning and one this afternoon for starters. We'll see how the longevity is with them, I plan on doing a 30 day start. But today, I can tell that my appetite isn't as strong as normal :)

katt981
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
ok note to self -
1) when starting a new pre-workout drink - start with HALF a dose
Razor 8 - 1 full scoop, after 20 minutes gave me a stomach ache.. while I wasn't really jittery, it just didn't feel good

2) after not eating sh*t for food for 7 days, don't expect to get into the gym and resume the weights you left off with...:no:

I was shaking so badly from weakness it was horrid :hypno:

My strength sucked today - but the next one will be better

Incline DB Press (35) 10 (50) 10 (45) 8 (47.5) 6
Flat DB Press (40) 10 (45) 8 (47.5) 6

Incline Fly (25) 10 (30) 10/10
DB pullover (50) 8 (55) 8/8

dips where suppose to be next, but I just didn't have the strength to do them

I think I need some egg whites now :p

katt981
09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
This morning just a half scoop of Razor 8 - perfect!

WG Pulldown
(85) 10 (100) 8/8 (110) 6

T Bar Row (55) 8 (65) 5/6

Under Hand Cable Row (2 pulleys) 35) 8 (42.5) 8./8
ss w/
Straight Arm PD (35) 10 (42.5) 8/8

DB Shrugs (55) 8/8/8
ss w/
Hyper extensions (35) 10/10/10

done - had my egg whites this morning with a little Chipotle Tabasco + 1 Lipo 6 Tab

stephaniewilles
09-22-2011, 06:43 PM
actually I did end up getting a bottle of the Lipo 6 with my gift card - nothing like free money.. LOL

Just did one capsule this morning and one this afternoon for starters. We'll see how the longevity is with them, I plan on doing a 30 day start. But today, I can tell that my appetite isn't as strong as normal :)

I tried a few fat burners and I felt like they all made me hungrier :dunno:
So I'm sticking to what works for me and thats not using them...
Glad you found a preworkout that works for you. I tried superpump this am for cardio and it was pretty awesome.

Oh and I feel like a heel...I didnt wish you a happy birthday!!!! OMG I thought I said it in a post on that day and I must have spaced it....sorry!!:hugme: Hope you had a terrific bday girl!!

Conrad
09-22-2011, 10:17 PM
I tried a few fat burners and I felt like they all made me hungrier :dunno:
So I'm sticking to what works for me and thats not using them...
Glad you found a preworkout that works for you. I tried superpump this am for cardio and it was pretty awesome.

That is one of the hardest things to do: find a fat burner and preworkout that work for YOU. Great post Stephanie. Glad to found N2Burn and N2KTS

katt981
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
today - shoulders

drop sets - 10/12's, then 8/10's then 2 sets of 6/8's - 2 sets

Single Arm DB Laterals (17.5) 10/10 (15) 10/10 (12.5) 8/8 (12.5) 6/8

2 sets next one - 1 6/8's, 1 8/10's, 1 10-12's - 2 sets

Standing OH DB Press (25) 8/8 (20) 10/6 (15) 10/5 hahahahaha - 5

Reverse fly
(15's) 10/10/10

Front Raise (20) 10 (22.5) 8 (25) 8

katt981
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
That is one of the hardest things to do: find a fat burner and preworkout that work for YOU. Great post Stephanie. Glad to found N2Burn and N2KTS

I LOVE Gaspari's superpump! I love the taste, love the pump... it just doesn't love me :no: unless I want to spend the rest of the day in the bathroom... I'll pass on that one :hypno:

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I LOVE Gaspari's superpump! I love the taste, love the pump... it just doesn't love me :no: unless I want to spend the rest of the day in the bathroom... I'll pass on that one :hypno:

LOL!!! I heard it does that to some people, I drank it at home just to be safe bcs it was my first time using it.You would have thought with all my tummy issues it would have done that to me right?? But no it didnt, thank goodness.

Champion Nutrition is supposed to be sending me some samples of ThermaGold fat burner I'm looking forward to trying that, if it doesnt work I'm not messing around anymore lol!!

Ever try White Flood??? OMG its amazing preworkout!! But it did make me have to spend a few hours in bathroom. :dunno:

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Thanks and your right its very hard to find a good combo that works and doesnt irritate your tummy!!! Who makes the products you mention?

katt981
09-23-2011, 05:14 PM
LOL!!! I heard it does that to some people, I drank it at home just to be safe bcs it was my first time using it.You would have thought with all my tummy issues it would have done that to me right?? But no it didnt, thank goodness.

Champion Nutrition is supposed to be sending me some samples of ThermaGold fat burner I'm looking forward to trying that, if it doesnt work I'm not messing around anymore lol!!

Ever try White Flood??? OMG its amazing preworkout!! But it did make me have to spend a few hours in bathroom. :dunno:

White Flood?? never even heard of it! I'll have to google that one. Yeah, I have virtually no problems with any other pre-wo drink.. not sure why the super pump hit me so hard.

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 05:19 PM
White Flood?? never even heard of it! I'll have to google that one. Yeah, I have virtually no problems with any other pre-wo drink.. not sure why the super pump hit me so hard.

yes if you get a chance try it. its good. superpump does the same to my hubby....

katt981
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Yesterday:
Back Squats on the smith machine - yeah I know, I don't like doing squats on the smith machine but we were pressed for time so TOH did his on the rack
(50) 10 (70)8 (90) 8/8
SLDL (95) 8/8/8
Leg Extensions (150) 8 (165) 8/8
ss w/
Lying leg curl (single leg) (30 ) 8 (25 ) 8/8
ss/
Inners (100) 10/10/10
ss/
Outers (100) 10/10/10
HS Calf Raise (120) 12/12/12

Today:
Flat DB Bench (35) 10 (40's) 10 (45) 10 (50) 7
DB Pullovers (50) 10 (55) 10/10
Incline DB Bench (40) 10 (42.5) 10 (45) 8
Cable Crossovers (22.5 ea side) 10 (25) 8 (20) 10
Dips bw 5/4/4/

This morning was the BEST breakfast... 6 egg whites, 1 slice of ff cheese melted on top with a cut up tomato.. yum!!!

katt981
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Last night was Zumba - sweat city!

Seated DB Curl (25) 8/8 (30) 6
ss w/
Cable OH Extensions (35) 10 (42.5) 10/10

DB Hammer Curl (25) 10 (27.5) 9/8
ss w/
Cable Pushdowns (40) 10 (50) 10/10

DB Preacher Curl (20) 8 (22.5) 8/8
ss w/
CG Bench (50) 10 (60) 10/10

Bench dips 15/15

Tonight treadmill work

Sunnyday
09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Yesterday:
Back Squats on the smith machine - yeah I know, I don't like doing squats on the smith machine but we were pressed for time so TOH did his on the rack
(50) 10 (70)8 (90) 8/8
SLDL (95) 8/8/8
Leg Extensions (150) 8 (165) 8/8
ss w/
Lying leg curl (single leg) (30 ) 8 (25 ) 8/8
ss/
Inners (100) 10/10/10
ss/
Outers (100) 10/10/10
HS Calf Raise (120) 12/12/12

Today:
Flat DB Bench (35) 10 (40's) 10 (45) 10 (50) 7
DB Pullovers (50) 10 (55) 10/10
Incline DB Bench (40) 10 (42.5) 10 (45) 8
Cable Crossovers (22.5 ea side) 10 (25) 8 (20) 10
Dips bw 5/4/4/

This morning was the BEST breakfast... 6 egg whites, 1 slice of ff cheese melted on top with a cut up tomato.. yum!!!

I don't miss much food during this prep, but cheese is definitely one that I do miss. If you like that combo next time try an egg white omelet with ff cream cheese and the tomato with lotsa fresh ground black pepper. Never thought that combo would taste good until someone made it for me and now I'm hooked. :)

Bronwyn
09-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Yes I am cheese girl too... I miss cheese and yoghurt the most during my prep :D

katt981
09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah greek yogurt is the BOMB! Love that!

today was back

CG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 8/8
ss w/
Seat CG Cable Row (85) 10 (100) 8/6

Incline DB Row (20) 10 (22.5) 8 (25) 8 - thanks Suzanne.. these were tough!

WG Pulldown (85) 8 (100) 8 (90) 8
ss w/
Straight Arm Pushdown (35) 8 (42.5) 8/8

DB Shrugs (55) 8/8/8
ss w/
Hyper's (35) 10/10/10

katt981
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
today was shoulders & abs

Seated OH DB press (25) 10 (30) 10/10
ss w/
Rope Crunch (60) 15 (70) 15/15

Side Lat Raise (175.) 8/8/8
ss w/
hanging knee raise 10/12/12 I totally SUCK at these...lol

Incline Rev Fly (17.5) 8/8 (20) 8
ss w/
ab machine (35) 15 (40) 10/12

DB Front Raise (20) 8/8/8
ss w/
crunches 25/25/25

Finally have my eating on track :) down 6 lbs this week :hungry:

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 10:29 AM
yeah greek yogurt is the BOMB! Love that!

today was back

CG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 8/8
ss w/
Seat CG Cable Row (85) 10 (100) 8/6

Incline DB Row (20) 10 (22.5) 8 (25) 8 - thanks Suzanne.. these were tough!

WG Pulldown (85) 8 (100) 8 (90) 8
ss w/
Straight Arm Pushdown (35) 8 (42.5) 8/8

DB Shrugs (55) 8/8/8
ss w/
Hyper's (35) 10/10/10

What is your favorite Greek Yogurt? I"m not a big fan of the bland flavors I have found in the past....suggestions???
I really like this back work out Katt!! Great job :yep:

katt981
09-30-2011, 11:00 AM
We buy the bulk at Costco - comes in Peach, Strawberry and Blueberry

I mix one container with 1/2 C cottage cheese... then when I want a few more carbs, I mix in 1/4 C of a Sugar-free granola that I make. It's YUMMY! :)

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 05:54 PM
We buy the bulk at Costco - comes in Peach, Strawberry and Blueberry

I mix one container with 1/2 C cottage cheese... then when I want a few more carbs, I mix in 1/4 C of a Sugar-free granola that I make. It's YUMMY! :)

Ok got that down, when im done with prep then I will def try that sounds super yum!!!:)

katt981
10-03-2011, 11:42 AM
today my husband decided we needed to go 'heavy' for the next few weeks..ugh.. I wasn't ready for this... LOL

DB Bench press (35's) 10 (45) 6 (50) 6 (55) 2 boo (52.5) 6

Incline DB Press (42.5) 6 (45) 6 (47.5) 8

DB Fly (30) 8/10 (32.5) 8

DB Pullovers (55) 8 (60) 8/7

one drop set on the Icarian Chest press machine
(80) 9 (60) 8 (40) 6

out of time - tonight is cardio!

katt981
10-04-2011, 10:07 AM
last night only 30 minutes of treadmill

today was back

WG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 6 (120) 5/5
ss w/
UH Seated Cable row (85) 8 (100) 6 (120) 1.. lol (110) 5/6

Incline DB Row (22.5) 8 (30) 6/6

Yates Row (95) 6 (115) 6/6
ss w/
Straight Arm Push downs (42.5) 6 (47.5) 6 (50) 5

DB Shrugs (60) 8/8/8/

Bronwyn
10-05-2011, 04:07 AM
We have a yoghurt which is also almost that thick and creamy as greek type, but more sour... and with real whole fruit on the bottom. I am crazy about this type :D LOL

I prefere sometimes yoghurts with more fat in, but done more naturally, than some of the zero-carb, zero-fat ones (as milk is a suspension of carbs and fats in the water, mostly, so zero-carb, zero-fat = something other is added, usually gelatine or amyl and both is not good!!)....

katt981
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
We have a yoghurt which is also almost that thick and creamy as greek type, but more sour... and with real whole fruit on the bottom. I am crazy about this type :D LOL

I prefere sometimes yoghurts with more fat in, but done more naturally, than some of the zero-carb, zero-fat ones (as milk is a suspension of carbs and fats in the water, mostly, so zero-carb, zero-fat = something other is added, usually gelatine or amyl and both is not good!!)....

oh for sure! Some of the non-fat ones really taste bad. Your yogurt sounds delish!

katt981
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Last night was an hour of Zumba, I'll tell you, sometimes that instructor just doesn't let up... geez it was a tough class :hypno:

Today was legs - didn't finish because of time, will have to go back and get my lunges & calves done, then a bit of moderate intensity cardio

Hack Squat (90) 12 (180) 10/10 (230) 6

Back Squats (95) 12/12/12/12

SLDL (95) 12/12/12

Since we only have one squat rack in our gym, my husband did his sets first while I did the hacks. Worked out well, at least I didn't need to use the Smith machine.. I'm done with that ;)

Was really concentrating on my form on the squats, so kept the weight light.. Definitely worked - felt myself pushing with BOTH legs instead of starting with my right :yep:

katt981
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Had a really nice time visiting with my mom over the weekend :)

But today I'm in a bit of a down mood.. because I used up all my vaca days prior, I didn't have any to go hunting this year. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it's the first time in 14 years that I haven't been out on opening day of elk with my husband, so I'm feeling really bummed right now :sad:

So I didn't go to the gym this morning - slept that extra hour. I'll have to go tonight and get my leg's and cardio in. Hopefully that will life my mood a bit, but idk....

Bronwyn
10-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Katt dont be sad... I do not have any vaca left too and that also means no winter hollidays for me... would have to spent only a weekend with my family and no last day in the year at home... anyway the vaca I had was worth it!

katt981
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Katt dont be sad... I do not have any vaca left too and that also means no winter hollidays for me... would have to spent only a weekend with my family and no last day in the year at home... anyway the vaca I had was worth it!

Thanks Bronwyn! It makes it a little better today, yesterday was rainy and cold, today is more of the same :) There's always next year! :yep:

katt981
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
No gym yesterday... pretty much said to heck with it. Tonight is Zumba, so I should be able to get those 'good' endorphins going!

Bronwyn
10-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks Bronwyn! It makes it a little better today, yesterday was rainy and cold, today is more of the same :) There's always next year! :yep:
Same weather here now... cant wait at least first snow days... always better than the rain! :hypno:

katt981
10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
ok time to catch up! Zumba Tuesday night kicked my ass into gear! :yep:

Tuesday:

CG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 8/8 (85) 10
ss w/
Seated Cable Row (85) 10 (95) 8/8 (85) 10

DB Row (50) 8/8/8
ss w/
WG Pulldown (85) 10 (100) 8/8

UH Seated Row-dual pulley (35) 8 (40) 8/8

Shrugs (50's) 10/10 (55) 10
ss w/
Hypers (35) 8/8/8

ok so my grip totally sucked this day, had to use straps on the 50's geesh!

Today:
HS Incline Press (30) 15 (40) 15 (45) 10/8

HS Decline Press (40) 10 (50) 10/10

Cable Xovers (20) 10/10/10

DB Pullovers (50) 10/10 (52.5) 10

incline DB Fly (35) 10 (30) 10/10

Zumba tonight! :banana:

it's really strange working out by myself when I'm always used to my husband being there... hopefully we'll have elk in the freezer soon!

katt981
10-20-2011, 11:33 AM
ugh,, haven't been updating much this week... :no:

Monday was bi's & tris, Tuesday shoulders & abs, plus Zumba, yesterday Back WO from hell, today chest... going to attempt to do the 5:30 zumba class then hit the 7:00 one as well... lol.. just to see if I can do it :hypno:

katt981
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM
still hittin' it hard every day except weekends (off time) getting ready for this weekends trip to Vegas!! I've been :drool: for Fatburger... gotta have it once!! LOL

Well, and the 5.00 Happy Hour Sashimi specials, those are a little better :yep:

We are going Saturday night at Bat Demons, Sunday as Devils (practice session attached (without horns - just trying to get the basics down lol) and Sunday is undecided right now. I want to gamble, but we can't do that if our faces are painted :no:

katt981
11-04-2011, 01:40 PM
ok we're baack! :hypno: We had tons of fun in Vegas... I did the zip line down at Freemont Street on Saturday night and I've never seen it so packed there! Now time to get busy in the gym again! A few pic's of costumes... we were the devils ;)

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Looks like a FREAKIN awesome time Kat!!!!

Your costumes are saaaawwwhhhheeeettt!!!!

Glad you had a good time, did you get all the yummy food you wanted??:yep:

katt981
11-04-2011, 01:49 PM
:yep: We didn't make it to Fatburger, but we did eat at Strip Burger by Fashion Square mall (yummy) and at the Burger Barn by Mandalay Bay (could you tell we were on a burger roll..??) LOL oh, and I did have a Groupon for La Salsa and that was really good - fish tacos!

I didn't even got to Starbucks ONCE while we were there... IDK what happened. I think we get so busy doing other things that we forget to eat!!

Bronwyn
11-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Looks like a cool trip!

katt981
11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah Bronwyn - it's our favorite place to be on Halloween. You just don't know what you'll see at any given time. I must say this year we saw more latexed (sp?) upper bodies on women roaming around than previous years.

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 02:16 PM
:yep: We didn't make it to Fatburger, but we did eat at Strip Burger by Fashion Square mall (yummy) and at the Burger Barn by Mandalay Bay (could you tell we were on a burger roll..??) LOL oh, and I did have a Groupon for La Salsa and that was really good - fish tacos!

I didn't even got to Starbucks ONCE while we were there... IDK what happened. I think we get so busy doing other things that we forget to eat!!

There are so many good burger places in Vegas its impossible to visit them all during one weekend. I would put on your list, Chee Burger Cheeburger and if you want an amazing Italian meal with exceptional service, visit Rao's at Caesars Palace.

Glad you had a great time!!

katt981
11-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I will look for those next time :yep: I have a little 'issue' with Ceasars though... seems I can't make it past the 'numb' fruit smoothie bar with 'spirits'.. those deadly things have to be at least 600 calories.. :drool:

Bronwyn
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah Bronwyn - it's our favorite place to be on Halloween. You just don't know what you'll see at any given time. I must say this year we saw more latexed (sp?) upper bodies on women roaming around than previous years.

I think it is great place to spend anything there :D I want to return there again... :byeg:

katt981
11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
not much to journal about these days - just hanging in there throughout the next couple months and trying to keep my weight steady through the holidays... I love to bake and it's so hard not to eat (or should I say sample) everything :drool:

Trying to look for a pattern for my gingerbread house this year, that should keep me busy, between that and gym work :yep:

jewelisa
11-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Just catching up ! THERMO GOLD rocks !

katt981
11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I'll have to check Thermo Gold next. My razor 8 started out with a bang, but after about a week, it have me a horrible stomach ache about 15 minutes after I took it... I even went down to 1/4 scoop and still the same :mad:

I really wish more companies would offer sample paks just so you could see if you had any issues before buying the whole tub :hypno: Then it just sits in my supplement cabinet collecting dust....

katt981
11-16-2011, 09:45 AM
this is one of those mornings that I ask myself "Why do you think today was a good day to do your leg workout??" http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/hmm.gif

Front Squats (65) 10/10/10 (75) 8/8

SLDL (90) 10/10/10/8

tri-set
Leg Extensions (135) 8/8/8
Inners (90) 10/10/10
Outters (90) 10/10/10

Seated leg press (feet together) (175) 15 (195) 15 (215) 15

Lying Leg Curl (50) 12/12/12

Seated Calf Raise (120) 12/12/10

I went light today just because this is my first leg workout in like.... 2 weeks?? LOL every time I did a set, I thought "yeah, I can do another" now my legs are so tired, they were like rubber when I left the gym

Been a little unmotivated to post lately... doesn't mean I'm not hittin' it at the gym ;)

katt981
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
DB Curl (22.5) 10/10 (25) 10
ss w/
DB kickbacks (15) 10 (17.5) 10/10

EZ Bar Curl (35) 12 (45) 12/12
ss w/
Rope Push downs (25) 10/12/12

Hammer Curl (25) 8/8 (22.5) 12
ss w/
Tri OH Ext w/rope (30) 12 (35) 12/15

katt981
12-01-2011, 11:32 AM
bi-weekly check in LOL I WILL get better - promise!

We've been consistent with our weight workouts 5 days a week.. cardio has been hit & miss lately. Just starting up Zumba again twice a week, and doing Pilates on Saturday and trying to do extra during this month just to negate my 'winter' weight gain. :mad: Seriously, I don't know which is weaker, my core or my leg strength, they both have sucked lately.

Hardcore for us starts on January 1st, with 2-a-day's being very consistent.

Been researching the cost of competing.. and needless to say, it doesn't look like I'll be doing that in 2012 :( but, it doesn't mean I can't LOOK like I should be competing, right? Just have to be patient, life/finances will let me know when it's possible. Just gotta keep hitting it hard until that time ;)

stephaniewilles
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
bi-weekly check in LOL I WILL get better - promise!

We've been consistent with our weight workouts 5 days a week.. cardio has been hit & miss lately. Just starting up Zumba again twice a week, and doing Pilates on Saturday and trying to do extra during this month just to negate my 'winter' weight gain. :mad: Seriously, I don't know which is weaker, my core or my leg strength, they both have sucked lately.

Hardcore for us starts on January 1st, with 2-a-day's being very consistent.

Been researching the cost of competing.. and needless to say, it doesn't look like I'll be doing that in 2012 :( but, it doesn't mean I can't LOOK like I should be competing, right? Just have to be patient, life/finances will let me know when it's possible. Just gotta keep hitting it hard until that time ;)
Hey Kat!!

Glad your still getting the training in!! Competing is so expensive it unreal. Shoot they should pay us to come to the shows lol, without us their is no show... am I right heeeheeehee!! Its fun though and I hope one day you can have that experience of being on stage!!! Hope you had a good turkey day!!

Bronwyn
12-05-2011, 04:08 AM

This is what I solved all the time in the past :( if to go to loans and debts or just not to compete... in 2009 I almost lost the job three months precontest and I had to go to almost 2000 USD loan. What is a lot here in our currency... therefore I could not compete in 2010.... and I owe to my family and my fiance a lot - till nowadays...

And it was also one reason why I left amateur career here - for now... as I really do not want to go to some risk again, especially now when the situation in EU is what it is...

But as you said - you may be near to competition shape and just jump in when the time will come...

katt981
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
ok absolutely killed my legs today... decided to split to quad/ham workouts for a while. Did front squats, lunges, step ups and ended with extensions & calves.... Cardio tonight. :) I can tell you the stairs at work are not my friend today.. at all! LOL

KBigz81
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
ok absolutely killed my legs today... decided to split to quad/ham workouts for a while. Did front squats, lunges, step ups and ended with extensions & calves.... Cardio tonight. :) I can tell you the stairs at work are not my friend today.. at all! LOL

Love that feeling! Love the days when it hurts to sit on the toilet too :-) Keep it up girl!

katt981
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah, my booty is a little sore today... LOL

Last night was 45 minutes on the Stepmill... I tripped a lot during the last 5 minutes :hypno:

This morning was back - WG Pulldowns, CG Seated Rows, T Bar rows, Yates rows, Straight arm push downs & hypers.

Tonight is Zumba - last Thursday I totally forgot to pack my workout pants, so I made sure to pack EVERYTHING last night :p

katt981
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
last night was 1 hr of Zumba, super fun and super sweaty class. I saved my chicken + 1/2 C rice for my 3:30 meal yesterday, and I could tell it really helped get me through the class at 5:30.. didn't feel so drained like I normally do after.

Today was shoulders & abs, no cardio tonight. Maybe it'll be easier to get out of bed tomorrow... this morning I had to physically roll myself out of bed because I wanted to sleep that extra hour. But, and the end of the workout, I was glad I got up :)

Have to prepare something for gift baskets this Christmas... wanted to go the semi-healthy route and found a Williams Sanoma recipe for sweet & savory walnuts, going to give that a try tonight and see how it turns out.

katt981
12-08-2011, 11:01 AM
this morning was the Hamstring day - Sumo's, SLDL, ham curls and calf raises.. it was a little tough starting out, because my booty is still a little sore.. but got it done!

Tonight, Zumba! :excited:

Bronwyn
12-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Merry Xmas Kat :)

shankuan
12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Love that feeling! Love the days when it hurts to sit on the toilet too :-) Keep it up girl!

^^^^ DItto!!

this morning was the Hamstring day - Sumo's, SLDL, ham curls and calf raises.. it was a little tough starting out, because my booty is still a little sore.. but got it done!

Tonight, Zumba! :excited:

The thing is the sorer the booty the more we go back because of loving that feeling. This is one abusive relationship we will ALL condone, that with the IRON. The harder he kicks (and I say its a he) the more we love it! lololol I'm sure you felt that for days! Keep ripping it up girl!

Zumba is really fun glad you enjoy it!

Have a great Christmas Kat!

katt981
12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
nothing new to report in here... LOL Taking a little 'breathing room' this week to regroup for next week. It will give me time to really structure my diet for the next few months and get my weight/cardio plan down solid. 2012 HERE I COME - YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT!! :)

katt981
01-02-2012, 04:56 PM
ok, back at it! Yesterday got the meals for my hubby & I all boxed up and ready to grab for this week :yep: Plan for the next six weeks is Keto, then I'll re-assess and see where I want to go from there. :)

Today was chest
DB Press, Incline Press, DB pullover, incline DB fly and dips

I'll be rearranging our workouts in a couple weeks to, just to change it up a bit so it doesn't seem so repetitive. :hypno:

I did have the courage to step on the scale a couple of days ago, which proved to be quite shocking... YIKES! Stepped off of it to see if the dial was lined up correctly ... LOL DAMN - it was.......

Sunnyday
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah! Great to see you starting off 2012 with meals all prepped! Way to go! :D

P.S. Ignore that dang scale. Stressing about that number can really mess with your progress. Just do what you need to do with diet & training and let the mirror be your guide. ;)

katt981
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah Sunny, it's like watching Hoarders on TV,,,, you really don't want to watch, but you do anyway...LOL That's the way I am with the scale right now. I think after one week, I'll step on it again, and if I'm making progress, it's going to go away for a while.

Last night was only 30 minutes of incline treadmill.

Today was back
WG Pulldowns ss w/ WG seated rows
DB one arm rows ss w/ bent over BB rows
straight arm push downs ss w/hypers

tonight is an hour of Zumba! Then home to watch the biggest loser! (my favorite show...LOL )

Bronwyn
01-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Then home to watch the biggest loser! (my favorite show...LOL )
We have something similar here :D called "You are what you eat" - it is mainly about learning people to eat healthier - less about exercies, also a reality show. And it was always my favourite TV programme during my precontest LOL :D

katt981
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I admire those people on the biggest loser - you take someone who's never worked out before and throw them into 5-6 hours a day workouts...I can't even imagine how sore they are :confused:

Last nights Zumba class officially kicked my ass... I don't think it was that great of an idea to take a complete break for 2 weeks :hypno:

Today was bi's & tri's
DB Curl ss w/OH Tricep extension (cable)
hammer curl ss w/ cable pushdowns
incline db curl ss w/ CG Bench

done & out! tonight no cardio = more sleep

The Prodigy
01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
nothing new to report in here... LOL Taking a little 'breathing room' this week to regroup for next week. It will give me time to really structure my diet for the next few months and get my weight/cardio plan down solid. 2012 HERE I COME - YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT!! :)

Whats your plan for 2012? Goals?

katt981
01-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Goals? To get off this "I only diet when I go on vacation" roller coaster...LOL

This year is going to be totally different, Keto now for 6 weeks, then re-assess. As soon as I get to the 'look' I want, I will go on a CLEAN maintenance diet with only ONE cheat meal a week. Normally we get lean for our vacations, but once we come back, it's like a free for all - not good! :no:

I was dabbling in competing, but the $$ won't be there this year. I don't want to try to half-ass do this without the help of a diet coach, because I'm not confident that I can do it all myself :p

3rd - Be more informed about my diet/training and how it works/doesn't work for MY body, plus I need to work on my supplementation! read, read, read....

4th - STOP NAGGING my stepdaughter about her weight! She's going to be 20 next month, and for the past 6 years we have tried everything to get her to get 'healthy'. There's only so much I can do, and if SHE doesn't want it, then I'm just beating a dead horse.

5th - Lastly, focus on having more 'girlfriend' time this year. Got to admit, I'm a bit of a hermit, and tend to withdraw from society, which isn't healthy. ;)

katt981
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Last night I ended up taking my bag to do cardio, but skipped it. I felt so wiped out that I came home and was asleep by 7:00 LOL But I feel a little better today. I forgot about the initial 'fog and tiredness" of Keto, but I should be good in a couple days :hypno:

This morning was a light leg workout. We will do our second one on Sunday when we have more time, so that one can be more intense.

V Squat machine
Seated Leg Press
Extensions
Leg Curls
Calf raises

tonight is Zumba again - hopefully I can get through this a little easier than last time!

katt981
01-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Well Zumba was & went ;) Saturday finished up shoulders after Pilates, I swear half way through that class by core was officially broken..LOL.. Sunday was suppose to be a leg day, but with the six prior days without carbs, that was impossible. So spent the day making sweet sticky rice, sliced up some ahi tuna, made wasabi cream, and sesamie ginger sauce and had myself a little sushi orgy! HA HA HA HA HA must have put down 15 pieces and I was STUFFED, until an hour later when I was starving again. Maybe next sunday I'll carb up with some potatoes as well :yep:

Today was hamstring day,
Sumo Deads, SLDL, Good Mornings, Ham curls and calf raises

I tweaked my back a little on the deadlifts, so took some asprin when I got home and slapped on some icy hot that we had in the cabinet... YEOW! can you say burn baby burn??? That stuff is wicked! So I feel better right now, until I have to walk....LOL.....I'll try to stretch it out when I get home tonight.

katt981
01-10-2012, 07:27 PM
ok got the good back soak in last night after work and put one of those adhesive heat patches on, made a little difference! yay! Today was chest

Incline DB Press, Cable Cross overs, Pullovers, DB press on the flat bench - single arm and a burn out set on the seated press machine... I was good with that! Another heat patch on this morning, and going to Zumba to see if I can make it through (crosses fingers)

Keto is going WAY better this week - had the initial 6 lb water drop as usual last week which was good to see, now comes the steady, slower loss.... one day at a time.. one day at a time. It's only Tuesday though - 5 more days to go...LOL:hypno:

katt981
01-16-2012, 11:24 AM
A new week! Saturday there was a "fit express' at the gym where I take Zumba from 9 to 11:00 - it was free to the public and you can try out classes every half hour. So I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get a Zumba class in, so I did that from 9-10, then yoga from 10 to 10:30 and Body Pump from 10:30 to 11:00. They had various vendors there, one that was sampling Shakeology drinks - I chose the green one :) wasn't as bad as I thought it would be LOL

Sunday was food prep day for the week and just a little house cleaning, I was pretty depleted after that 2 hours on Saturday and being my 6th day of Keto, just took everything I had to get through that last half hour. ugh... But the meal on Sunday was worth it, BBQ Rib Eye, huge baked potato with a little ranch, (ok a lot of ranch) and some bacon bits and corn. and two mini snickers bars after.. I did snack on a little curry naan bread earlier with olive spread, soo good... Traders Joe's bread, it rocks!

This morning was legs - started with the angeled leg press machine, then front squats, then step ups. pretty much all the time we had, so I'm going back tonight for a little longer cardio session to speed up the Ketosis process..

katt981
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
yesterday was off - felt really congested - ugh. so took med's and then Nyquil last night, and slept a lot better. Today was back.

WG pull downs ss w/ WG seated rows
DB row ss w/ yates rows
straight arm push downs ss w/ hypers

in and out. showered, grabbed my food and off to work. Cardio tonight.

katt981
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Not a whole lot going on in here - still pluggin away

Had a super busy weekend with my grandkids back in town - YAY! Everyone came over Sunday for dinner - cooked salmon, a russian vegetable 'cake'.. just layers of cooked vege's in a springform pan, looks so cool, rice w/almonds & peas and cooked a little chicken for the 'non' fish eater of the bunch. Watched football and had a great time!

Got our meals for this week packed and ready too.. wheee... oh and made some oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies.. shhhhhhh

today was back - started pullups again, because 'it's about time' just have to know I'll get better... LOL

pull ups, WG Pulldowns, Rack deads, HS one arm row, CG seated cable rows..

Cardio tonight... weight has been good, seeing a difference, just gotta' keep plugging away, week by week. This week will be all tiliapia for my lean protein and a combo of salmon & venision burger for my fatty protein meal. We'll see if that can shake some of these lb's off. ;)

Sunnyday
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Mmmmm! That Russian veggie cake sounds awesome! :drool:

Bronwyn
01-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Interesting with the cake...

I remember I did potatoes with veggies like that here in our country. Difference is, that you will take a baking form.

Put a layer of cooked potatoes, than a layer of cooked veggies and than spill an egg over it - another layer of potatoes, another layer of veggies, and again - pour some eggwhites/yolks as you need on. Make 3 layers.

If you do not dieting hard - you may add some cheese at the absolute top of it.

Put it in the oven and bake it - just to cook the eggs, I have no idea how long - but I think was 15 minutes only. :yep:

katt981
01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Interesting with the cake...

I remember I did potatoes with veggies like that here in our country. Difference is, that you will take a baking form.

Put a layer of cooked potatoes, than a layer of cooked veggies and than spill an egg over it - another layer of potatoes, another layer of veggies, and again - pour some eggwhites/yolks as you need on. Make 3 layers.

If you do not dieting hard - you may add some cheese at the absolute top of it.

Put it in the oven and bake it - just to cook the eggs, I have no idea how long - but I think was 15 minutes only. :yep:

That's pretty much what is was... If I remember correctly, the bottom layer was pickles, then potato, small amount of onion and a thin layer of mayo (fat free) then layer of beets & potato, mayo, layer of carrots, potato and onion, mayo then layer of potato, egg whites and egg yolks crumbled. It was in a spring-form pan, so it looked really pretty when it was done :) everything was pre-cooked so no baking needed

katt981
01-26-2012, 03:53 PM
well - haven't been posting much - still hitting the weights every day and my 2 - 1 hr zumba classes, plus cardio on Mon & Wed, then Pilates on Saturdays.. being consistant, but boy it's been tough (but I'm tougher...LOL )

Weigh in on Saturday a.m. - hoping that the scales moves a little... Keto diets are so unpredictable... sometimes you see it move, sometimes you don't. But my clothes are definitely feeling considerably looser, so it feels good!

Sunnyday
01-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Hang in there, Katt! Just a few more days to weigh-in! :) Keep pushin' hard!!

katt981
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
ok today's not a stellar day - Let's just say I stepped on the scale, saw NO progress and it's fucking with my mind today - totally blindsided me for working so hard for the last 4 weeks, the results SHOULD be better. Oh well.....

Today was chest - Incline DB Bench, Cable Crossovers, Pullovers and a drop set on a chest-press machine.... which really wasn't a drop-set for me because I was pretty much done with it for the day http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

I really have to rethink this. We were going to stick out the Keto for another 2 weeks before we changed it up, but now I'm second guessing. Am I not doing something I should be doing? not all 'cookie cutter" diets are for everyone, and maybe this worked last time but it's not working this time. My cardio is up, so that's not the problem, and I've eaten the same GD food for the last 4 weeks. Maybe I'm over-carb loading on Sunday? Is my metabolism fucked up? so many questions that I don't have answers for. Plus my attitude f'ing sucks right now - yes, this is what I am today >>> http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/hater.gif

I'm sure it will be better tomorrow though, it always is.

Maybe this is the day I needed to give myself that little extra kick-in-the-ass tomorrow. Get it out - vent about it - get over it - and kill it twice as hard tomorrow!

stephaniewilles
01-27-2012, 07:51 PM
ok today's not a stellar day - Let's just say I stepped on the scale, saw NO progress and it's fucking with my mind today - totally blindsided me for working so hard for the last 4 weeks, the results SHOULD be better. Oh well.....

Today was chest - Incline DB Bench, Cable Crossovers, Pullovers and a drop set on a chest-press machine.... which really wasn't a drop-set for me because I was pretty much done with it for the day http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

I really have to rethink this. We were going to stick out the Keto for another 2 weeks before we changed it up, but now I'm second guessing. Am I not doing something I should be doing? not all 'cookie cutter" diets are for everyone, and maybe this worked last time but it's not working this time. My cardio is up, so that's not the problem, and I've eaten the same GD food for the last 4 weeks. Maybe I'm over-carb loading on Sunday? Is my metabolism fucked up? so many questions that I don't have answers for. Plus my attitude f'ing sucks right now - yes, this is what I am today >>> http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/images/smilies/hater.gif

I'm sure it will be better tomorrow though, it always is.

Maybe this is the day I needed to give myself that little extra kick-in-the-ass tomorrow. Get it out - vent about it - get over it - and kill it twice as hard tomorrow!

Well didn't I see a post about oatmeal raisin cookies being baked??? LOL!!!!

Ok don't be mad I said that but hey I hear it every single day, from friends, client and family members, they say the things they are eating and not sure why they are losing weight but then mention a chinese lunch buffet with co workers or it was someones bday.....I could go on forever.

So is is the diet???

Or were those cookies for someone else?? Hahahahahaahahahahahaaha!!!!!!

Anywho...... your workouts look great, keep a positive attitude and keep plugging away!!! Kill it babe!!!! And have a great weekend!!!

katt981
01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
LOL - yeah, actually that was the end of my cheat meal for the week.....LOL I have one per week (mostly carbs) .. No I'm doing Dave's Keto for the 135 lb women.. I have to admit, last time I changed it up a bit and lowered the protein just a hair and threw in the meat/vege days every 2nd day.. this time I'm not doing that. but probably should :)

Like I said - it was just one of those mornings when everything seemed to hit me and I lost it... but now, I'm better. Just have to take a deep breath and focus. I think my stress level has a bit to do with it as well - maybe I need to incorporate Yoga...hahahahahaha

stephaniewilles
01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
LOl!!!! I was hoping you would take that in a funny way and not like a was being a BEEOOTCH! :hugme:

I know what you mean about the stress levels and losing it. I would try meditation or just a mindless hour of reality tv....you like hoarders... ME TOOO!!! It definitly makes me feel oh so normal!!!

I've never done a Keto diet. But the best advice I can say is do it exactly as it states for the goal time you have set (6 weeks) and then adjust if your not getting the set goals you wanted. Just my two cents.

Damn that evil scale.....stay away!!!!!!:fit:

Hope the stress melts away and you are feeling better tomorrow!!!
xoxox:flowers:

katt981
01-28-2012, 10:07 PM
well steph I don't know you well enough to call you a BIOTCH in a good way...LOL.... today was definitely better. I think yesterday was one of those days that EVERYTHING

katt981
01-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I hate that when you hit the spacebar instead of the enter button... then my session for editing expired so all my text dissappeared...LOL anyway.. cliff note version. Bad day, let it get to me... today was better was 2 lbs down. so Total for the last 4 weeks is 8 lbs, which I can't be dissappointed at. Next week will stay with the same, just switching is to 2 days Dave's diet with 1 day of the alternate diet (meat/vege) and same cardio and weight workout. We'll see what next week will bring, just gotta be patient. I have a tendancy to want too much too fast... geez..

Bronwyn
01-30-2012, 03:35 AM
With no progress on the weight - that is why I do progress pics when I hit some certain point - as sometimes my weight stands but my proportions are changing... and the mirror is too subjective, so comparison pics always tells it better! :)

katt981
01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Yep - my porportions are definitely changing :) I did a long subjective look in the mirror and yes, I can see change. Keep plugging away at it.

Saturday was shoulders and some cardio

Sunday was a complete rest day (well, except cleaning house, laundry, food prep,,,lol)

Today we hit legs. We will finish up more tonight and do cardio as well.

Angled seated leg press, front squats, DB lunges, innners & outers and calve raises.

Probably hit hamstrings tonight, if we don't we'll have to throw it in sometime throughout this week. I really like doing legs after having a carb up, feels so much better.

shankuan
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Keep plugging along Katt! You've been consistent and doing all things to the letter so just be a bit more patient. the mindf$#@ happens to us all especially when things aren't moving fast enough. But keep focusing on the positive side of things, you've gone 8lbs in 4 weeks, that's 2lbs a week PLUS the inches are moving (down), THAT's progress!!

katt981
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
yup, I'll keep pluggin away at it :) Hey Shankuan, can you send some of the warm Jamaican weather my way?? I could use a couple of days LOL

Didn't hit hamstrings Monday night, just incline treadmill for 45 minutes.. oh geez today it's a little painful to sit.. hahahahaha..

Today was back - pullups, WG Cable pull downs, T Bar rows, Yates Rows, Straight arm push downs and hypers. Basically anything I could do to avoid sitting down with a weight on my legs.. LOL

Tonight is Zumba, going to try to get there a few minutes early to warm up on the treadmill, so I don't fall down in pain when we start the whole "jumping' routine. Yeah, my instructor LOVES to jump :p

Bronwyn
02-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Well so if there is a change - no worry about the weight than Kat :D ;)

katt981
02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm ok with it NOW... ha ha ok, so yesterday was a painful day of sitting, getting up, and of course was the day I had to walk up and down the stairs to different dept's all day :) Sooooo... I figured, I'll get to Zumba a bit early, and warm up on the treadmill (well, that didn't happen) hoping and praying that our 'jumping' would be kept to a minimum and it would be just cardio. by the second song, I knew she was full of fire and was going to bring it last night :( OMG... then the reality hit - the Zumba night was all about LEGS! squats and lunges, jumping, etc..... HOLY SHIT - I hurt so bad when I got home it was a little funny (I say that sarcastically) BUT, to be honest, this morning my legs feel so much better than yesterday!

katt981
02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
This morning was chest, good a really good pump out of the workout!

DB flat Press, Incline BB Press, Pullovers, Pec Dec and finished off with incline pushups.. wow... I was drained.

Slow-MO cardio tonight - an hour of treadmill incline walking.

katt981
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
well it was 45 minutes last night of cardio.

This morning was bi's & tri's

Preacher curl ss/ CG Bench
Incline DB Curls ss/tricep kick backs
drop set of bb curls
Bench dips

I am so tired today that it's making me feel a little grumpy... I don't mean to be, I just wish I could take a nap or something. Last night after cardio I got home, had my protein shake and was dozing after about 20 minutes... it'll feel good to sleep in on Saturday till at least 6:30

Sunnyday
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Arm training looked niiiice! Hang in there, girl. Only another day til the weekend. :D

katt981
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I know, right? well, I ditched cardio and went home last night after work - I swear I was asleep in about an hour..LOL

Today I feel soooo much better. Good enough to hit the stepmill after work.. YAHOO!

today was shoulders - DB Press, Side laterals, front raises, rev pec deck. Seemed to take F O R E V E R this morning.
made my egg whites, put a little curry powder in and a little mustard... YUM! may have to do that more often

whoops - forgot to put in also, Pilates tomorrow morning and a shopping day with my best friend! Can't wait!!

Sunnyday
02-03-2012, 11:33 PM
This will sound gross but it is a nice change if you like heat. Try Chinese hot mustard on the egg whites. It is also great on chicken. Garam masala (spice blend) is another one I like to use for a complete change of taste...McCormick makes a very good blend.

katt981
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
love hot & spicy! Good suggestion sunny! I'll try that :)

Saturday was much needed 'girl time' shopping with my friend, so much fun! Other than pilates and a little bit of cardio, that was it!

Sunday my hubby had off, so we decided that was a great time to tackle legs!! I love starting with the 45 degree leg press! I got up to 3 1/2 plates per side, which doesn't seem like much to all of you here, but it's HUGE to me! Then was sumo squats, the V-squat machine, SLDL, HS calve raise and calve raises on the hack squat machine.. got a great stretch on them and today they are a little sore! LOL

This morning was chest - incline DB Press, flat DB Press (single arm) cable crossovers, decline BB press and some dips for finishers..

Cardio tonight!

ok for the cheat meal, my hubby got pizza - 5 meat.. YUM... he had them put jalapenos on, which I love.. BUT I couldn't even get through one piece my mouth was burning so bad.. LOL DANG IT! it looked soooo good too :drool: So I ended up snacking on Naan bread and hummus for a while.

Sunnyday
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey katt...great work on legs! I'm proud of ya...knucklebump!!

Don't think anybody here didn't have to start small with leg press, girl (except Sandra cuz she was hauling all that extra poundage for so long)! That 3.5 plates is AWESOME! Keep going!

Nice job on chest too. Wish I could do dips but my wrists just can't handle it anymore. At least I can live vicariously through those who do them. ;)

katt981
02-07-2012, 10:26 AM
thanks Sunny!

Last night was 45 minutes on incline treadmill 6.0 to 9.5 incline.

Today was back

pullups on pegs, Seated dual cable row, BO rows, one arm DB row, hypers, straight arm push downs. Seemed everyone was doing back at the gym today..LOL.. we kept switching our order because the machines where all being used! Zumba tonight!

katt981
02-09-2012, 11:35 AM
yesterday was a day off of weights - did 45 minutes on incline treadmill after work.

Today was shoulders

Standing military press
leaning side lat raises
Rev incline fly
BB front raise ss w/uprite rows
cable crunch
hanging leg raises

tonight Zumba!

katt981
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
ok so I forgot to note - I JUST picked up a jar of the Walden Farms Chocolate dip at the store last night. I've tried a couple of the salad dressings, but didn't like them, so this purchase was iffy for me. OMG have I died and gone to heaven?? This stuff rocks! Any one tried the marshmallow? Wondering if it's as awesome as the chocolate!

katt981
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
ok I really like when my husband has Sundays off and we can hit legs! It takes so much time !!

today was

Box squats

45% leg press
step ups
sumo deadlifts
lying leg curl (single leg)
calf raises on the seated leg press machine
end it all with walking lunges

ugh my legs felt spent!
But it felt so good:yep:

Sunnyday
02-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Sweet leg day! Love it when I can take my time to turn my legs into hamburger. :)

katt981
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Yup - leg day was a great one!

Yesterday was back - pullups, WG pull down, seated rows, BO rows and hypers. Babysat the grandkids, one (the 18 mo old) was teething and sick so it was pretty ugly for the 3 hrs that he was at the house. The dogs kept getting up all through the night to get drinks, go out, or just to moan and whine.

today - Valentines day!!

1 - It froze so hard here that at 5 am when I went to the gym my car door was frozen and wouldn't close completely, so I had to hold it closed all the way to the gym.

2- had a partial mental breakdown on the way to the gym just out of frustration

3 - Worked shoulders - went ok - DB press, side lat, front raise and bent over flys

4 - had the remainder of my melt down on the way home

5 - got ready for work, packed my food and saw when I got to the office I forgot to put my chicken in my salad container, still have 2 meals, and can grab a pack of Tuna at lunch.

I'm done with today, glad to be starting over tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a quiet night, because I could use one :hypno:

Bronwyn
02-15-2012, 03:34 AM
haha - it reminds me some of my "typical diet days" :D Once my fiancé told me "low carbs = low brain activity, no carbs = no brain activity" LOL
thankfully here the freeze is already ending up - it was -40°F in the night here for few days/nights.... CRAZY! Anyway is good that you got to the gym and trained.

katt981
02-15-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL - yeah! Last night was good! Very quiet and I literally slept for 10 hours?? How did I do that????

Day off weights today, but cardio tonight! Back at it :yep:

katt981
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
yesterday was a complete day off, didn't go to the cardio after work. Today was bi's & tris

DB curls ss w/cgb
hammer curls ss w/skulls
concentrations ss w/ rope tri extensions

Zumba tonight!

Must admit, on Valentines day I did indulge in a bit of Dove milk chocolate... my # 2 favorite. All time fav is Milka that I get at World Market... soooo creamy it just melts in your mouth :drool:

Bronwyn
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Must admit, on Valentines day I did indulge in a bit of Dove milk chocolate... my # 2 favorite. All time fav is Milka that I get at World Market... soooo creamy it just melts in your mouth :drool:
Chocolate :drool::drool::drool: haha I like Milka too... but my favourite is our brand "Orion" (their chocolate is quite similar to Milka by taste, but a little bit more cocoa-taste, less milk) - the big pistachio one :drool:

katt981
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I'll have to look the next time I'm there and see if they have that one too... LOL

ok so Zumba last night. Well, we were all standing around waiting for the class to start and this guy walks in, totally white sweat pants, white hoody with the hood pulled over his head, and a hat on underneath.. I'm like "who's the hazmat guy in the corner??" totally weird.. well we started our warmup song and I noticed that he was standing in the corner behind me with kind of freaked me out a bit. I was trying to look at him, but you know those times you want to look, but you don't want to blantantly look at a person?? So I was trying to not let it bother me... kind of thought he was some type of perv...

Well, the next song came on and here comes this guy flying around me dancing, and now he has a black tutu on!! JESUS!! Then I recognized him as my husband... oh dear Lord.... I wish I could have seen the look on my face.

Evidently he was going to do that on Tuesday night (Valentines Day) but I bailed on Zumba that night....

Let's just say he was the 'hit' of the class, once everyone figured out it was a prank instead of a real pervy guy... LOL LOL

Sunnyday
02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I would've crawled through the floor if my husband did that to me, LOL!

Alwayslovlee
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
That had to be funny.... But if my bf did that being he can't dance it would be disturbing .. Hahaha

katt981
02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
not much to report in here... taking a few days off of posting, still hitting the weights hard and getting most of my cardio in. Having a 'shift' in hormones lately that has put me in a funk.... damn getting old, it totally sucks. Day by day though, keeping my eating good, trying to work it out. That's it

Sunnyday
02-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Keep going, girl! Don't let them hormones get you down! :lift3:

katt981
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
oh I am Sunny, I am... LOL Well, today is the first day I've felt "normal" in about 5 days, eee gads! I really don't like this up & down of the hormonal shifts.. but ya gotta laugh about it. I actually started using some of my hubby's testim gel at night, and that may have been it??? Funny how all this works and doesn't work.

katt981
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Well, my weekly post...LOL need to start doing this every day again. Monday was back - and today was shoulders.. nothing spectacular. Diet is on 'cruise' right now... my motivation really hasn't kicked in 100% yet... not sure WTH my problem is.. oh yeah,,,,, my brain?? . LOL

katt981
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
YAY - another week! Back was yesterday

Pullups, WG pulldown ss w/CG seated rows, DB one arm rows, yates rows and hypers

today was shoulders - standing Mil Press, side laterals, upright rows, reverse pec deck and abs thrown in between, oh and DB shrugs because I didn't get those in yesterday

Decided to get out of my comfort zone and try a couple classes that looked interesting - X-fit and Insane-X... not sure quite what I'm getting myself into, but what the heck?? due to take them next week!

The Prodigy
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Good to see you grinding away! Do you do your own diet?

katt981
03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
I do :) It's been quite a bit of 'hit and miss' this year with my hormones fluctuating so much and trying to get that under control. But right now I'm doing 5 meals at 50/30/20 p/c/f with one cheat meal on Sunday eve, or Saturday eve, whichever works best for that weekend. Still have a few 'bumps' throughout the week, but not many... mainly missing a meal here and there :mad:

katt981
03-06-2012, 01:46 PM
oh one thing I did forget.... have had an issue with some tendonitis in my left elbow area the past couple weeks.. researching if there is anyone in my area that does and type of myofacial release to see if I can get this gummed up forearm/elbow better.

Sunnyday
03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Yay for trying new classes! I'm still not sure I like having someone else take control of any part of my training but like you said it definitely takes you out of your comfort zone if anything. :) Looking forward to finding out how they work for you.

katt981
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
class is tonight and I am a little anxious about it - I'm sure it'll be a blast though. I'm about ready to farm my dogs (well one dog) out so I can get some sleep though, I don't know if he's just getting old, or having issues, but at night he's good for a couple hrs, then it's up to let him out - last night it was 9:30 11:30 1:30 2:00 2:17 4:00 ....omg... I'm not exhausted because my husband and I try to split it up between us, but geez, definitely feeling a little groggy in the morning... HELLOOOO COFFEE

Sunnyday
03-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I miss my dogs but I soooo don't miss having to let them out after hours! Sorry you gotta go through that. Aging pets are hard on the whole household.

katt981
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
ok so the X-fit class officially kicked my bootay up one side and down the next!! LOL But I loved it!! we had maybe 10 seconds to get a drink of water inbetween the 1 and 2 minute sessions for an hour. This morning I still felt a bit draggy, but my dog only got up ONCE last night!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!

today was bi's & tri's -
Seated DB Curl ss w/BB skull crushers
preacher DB curl ss w/OH tricep extension (single arm)
2 sets of 21's ss w/ bench dips

out of time - more cardio tonight!

katt981
03-09-2012, 11:15 AM
last night was incline treadmill for 45 minutes. Today was chest and it was difficult. I'm really fatigued today and my entire body is sore, but got it done!

Incline DB Press
Flat DB Press (single arm)
incline flies
pushups with feet elevated on 4' platform

tonight trying a new Zumba class, called Zumba X, supposed to be high intensity, but we'll see :)

katt981
03-09-2012, 10:28 PM
well Zumba X is over and I am WIPED OUT... I swear I've never jumped so much in an hour LOL... Tomorrow may be a day off of the gym, we are helping my son and daughter in law move into a house they just bought! YAY! Moving is fun, if it isn't you.... ha ha ha ha ha

katt981
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
my semi-weekly update..LOL Just started taking Halo Extreme since Monday... nothing noticeable as yet, but will keep you posted.

Today was bi's & tri's - DB Curl ss w/ OH Rope extensions, Hammer curls ss w/cable push downs, and incline DB curl ss w/ kick backs.

diet is pretty 'on' the 50/30/20 mark...we are trying to NOT have another cheat meal for the duration of the 4 weeks on the Halo, just a little 'carb up' maybe on Sunday, but that isn't in stone yet. Feeling strong this week... actually took two full days off (Sun & Mon) because I just felt exhausted after trying all the high-energy classes after work + lifting in the a.m. + helping my son move into his new house on Saturday.... So all is good this week.. hopefully I won't get as drained by Friday :)

Sunnyday
03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, mama! You've been a busy bee lately. Interested to follow along on your progress with Halo. GM seems to be having some very positive results with it.

katt981
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I haven't really noticed anything yet, besides it seems I'm not getting so drained this week. It could be that, or it could be the fact that I'm taking BCAA's after my morning weight workouts and after the intense cardio classes. It's weird, I'm used to doing the stepmill and treadmill, etc. But the X-fit brings it to a whole new level! Last nights class was just as hard as the first one, probably because the trainer changes it up and doesn't do the same thing.

This morning was shoulders, DB Mil Press, Leaning Side Laterals, Front DB Raise, bent over flys and uprite rows.

packed my bag for the steady-state cardio tonight. :)

katt981
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Friday - after 5 days I am noticing just really small things. I seem a bit 'tighter' this week and my diet hasn't changed, so that's good. Strength is the same, my body still hurts from the X-fit class, BUT I don't feel as fatigued this week as I mentioned before. Libido I can tell is up a bit, but not THAT much as when I did the primo/var cycle way back when. I can admit that I loved that combo, it worked so well for me, but I can't afford the $$ for the var, it's too expensive plus our source isn't there any longer.

Next week hopefully I'll continue to get & look 'harder'.. still have a little fluff to get rid of in the next 5 weeks before we head out to watch the Emerald Cup in Seattle. I'll run this for another 3 weeks like is recommended and see what happens. If results are good I'll do it again after taking 4-5 weeks off of it.

Today was back, it was a little difficult - my lats where still a tad sore from Wednesday's pullups, so we decided to not do them and incorporate other things today.

WG Pulldown ss w/ CG seated Row
One Arm DB Row
Rack Pulls
Shrugs

That's when the time ran out. Tonight is Zumba! :)

Sunnyday
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Sounds like good steady progress. :) One of these days I will get up the nerve to try Zumba.

Suzanne
03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Stopping in, catching up...

Keep it up

katt981
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Sounds like good steady progress. :) One of these days I will get up the nerve to try Zumba.

ha ha I've tried so many classes before I found the one that 'fit'. This Zumba X (extreme zumba) is just my booty pumpin' style.. it's awesome.. Beware though, it can become addicting! LOL

Stopping in, catching up...

Keep it up
Thanks for stopping in Suzanne :)

katt981
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Tonight was Zumba,,, I almost bailed, but I knew once I got there, I would love it. And I did, up untill the Pike Jumps at the end, when I couldn't seem to get my feet that far off the floor...LOL

katt981
03-17-2012, 02:04 PM
This morning I drug my husband to Pilates with me...LOL... then we did a little quad workout after. Now the rest of the day is fun. There is a Big Horn Show nearby, so we'll check that out and then a meal at a Brazilian restaurant that I have a Groupon for.... Love Groupon :)

The Prodigy
03-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I wish I could do pilates or one of the zoomba type classes. I can't get up the nerve to do them!

katt981
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I know Gail, it's intimidating for me to try something 'new' unless I know someone that's in the class. Break out of the comfort zone and do it!!

katt981
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
ok today I felt strong - my pullups went better than normal, all my weights are up and it felt GREAT! We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but if this is due to the Halo Extreme, then DANG - it's a keeper :) Have to see what the weight on the scale does this week. I wouldn't mind staying where I'm at, if it looks like I'm tightening up.

katt981
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Today was good! Did cardio last night, t his morning was chest. BB Press, DB Incline press, crossovers, pullovers & pushups with feet on the 2nd from highest platform we have... probably 4 ft or so?? On an up note, I was JACKED, got 135 on my end weight on BB Press, and 50's on the DB incline press for 6... woo hoo! Keep it going!

Sunnyday
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Congrats on your progress girl! That is some stuff to be proud of!! :yep:

katt981
03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
today it's snowing.... again :( geez,,, happy spring!

This morning was one of those mornings,, my ipod was dead and I was in the 'zone' to just have quiet and get my workout done instead of hearing all the 'bullshitters' talk... It went well, despite my bad attitude. We did bi's and tri's and my arm pump seemed more than normal today, what's up with that?

anyway - did bent bar curls ss w/ skulls, dragon curls ss w/ tricep push downs, concentration curls ss w/dips, forearm BB curls, front & back ss w/ bench dips.

I really likes the dragon curls, especially at the top of the movement - they burned..

Downed my egg whites & oatmeal, packed my food and out the door. Cardio tonight. I'm starting to do my cardio at a sister gym right by my work, they have hd tv screens on almost all of the cardio equipment (well except the stepmill) nothing better than plugging in to an old episode of CSI, or watching untold stories of the ER while working away...LOL At least that way I get MORE cardio time in because I don't want to stop in the middle of a show....

katt981
03-23-2012, 11:29 AM
More snow today :( Well, cardio didn't happen last night, got a call that my in-laws are in town until Saturday morning, so we went over after I got off work and chatted with them for a while.

Tonight we will be going to the Brazilian steakhouse for dinner :drool::drool: so all is good!

This morning was Shoulders - BB Military Press, Side laterals, front DB raise, reverse pec deck and some abs thrown in between sets. No zumba tonight :( because of dinner. Guess I'll have to hit it twice as hard next week :)

katt981
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Another busy weekend gone! Boy they just aren't long enough :( Today was back: Pullups, T-bar rows, HS one arm rows, body pullups (I'm not sure what you call this, when you lay under the smith machine bar and pull your body up to it??) WG Pulldowns and Straight arm push downs.

Cardio tonight :)

The brazilian steakhouse was as good as the first time we went, and then after that, we topped it off with some froyo at our favorite place. They had Key Lime, which was AWESOME! My husband always makes fun of me because I ALWAYS put granola and almonds on it - that's the way I like it :) But him - boy - watch out, all toppings are going on!!! LOL

Bronwyn
03-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Hmmm brazilian steakhous sounds good. And good WOs - especially the chest one from last week :) keep it up Kat

katt981
03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks Lada! Today's workout was a little lighter in weights :( Bi's & Tri's. My tendonitis in my elbow/forearm was really flaring up today for some reason, the first couple of sets were painful. I do have a gal that does myofacial release, so I just need to call my doc and get a referral or else the insurance won't pay.

Bi's & tris - Seated DB Curls ss w/ reverse grip tricep ext w/the straight bar (this is hard on your wrists!) Then laying on the incline bench facing it, DB curls ss w/OH DB extensions, Preacher DB curl ss w/ kickbacks.

Tonight is my first attempt at the Insane-X class at the gym. Suppose to be like the insanity workouts which I've never done, so it should be interesting. Hopefully I'll make it though the hour...LOL

Oh, I did make some egg white breakfast muffins I found in a magazine. They are pretty good - just grated vege's, egg whites, basil & oregano. you bake them in the oven in muffin tins. Each one has 7 gms of protein and 3 carb.. put on some hot sauce and they are pretty tasty!

katt981
03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
ok update on the Insane-X class - HOLY HARDNESS! if there is one thing that is going to strip the fat off of this booty, that will be it! I did make it through, with a few pauses here and there though :) It's basically 4 movements - like side lunges, frog jumps, burpees, high kicks then back to a lunge, repeat... first round is 45 seconds each for all 4, then break for 30 seconds to get water, next round of same movements 1 minute each, break for 30 seconds and repeat for an HOUR! the last sets included diamond pushups, and at that point I could do 4 before I had to sit back and shake out my shoulders and wrists.. they were burning so bad LOL

today was chest
Incline DB Press (40) 10 (42.5) 8 (45) 8 (50) 8
Flat DB Press (40) 10 (45) 8 (52.5) 10
Pullovers (55) 10 (60) 8 (65) 10
Incline DB flies (30) 10 (32.5) 10 /10
Then a drop set of chest press on the Icarian machine..

Workout went great - still feeling strong. One thing I have noticed about the Halo is that my face is WAY oiler than before, I normally have dry skin. No breakouts, but I can 'feel' it. We are starting our 3rd week, so next week is the last. I have had good results, so I'll be taking 4 weeks off and starting it all over again. Should bring us to June, just in time for bathing suits! :)

The Prodigy
03-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Halo?

katt981
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Halo?

Halo Extreme, I thought I would try it during my diet to see how well it preserved the muscle mass.

katt981
03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Hamstrings yesterday, then spinning after work. Today was shoulders and tonight will be Zumba.. woo hoo! Only thing for the weekend is Pilates on Saturday morning and finishing up quad work on Sunday. No 2-a-day's this weekend! :)

katt981
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Hope you all had great weekend!! Slept in this morning, so had to hit the weights after work, which I don't like just because it's so crowded... the 'crowd' is unfamiliar... yadda yadda yadda.. but I got it done - 30 minutes of cardio ad back

pullups, yates rows, WG pull downs, CG Seated rows, hypers and straight arm push downs... once I got over the initial 'weirdness' of the new ppl, I was fine... lol

katt981
04-03-2012, 09:26 AM
YEAH BABY! today was 55's for 10 on DB Press!!!!! sooooo excited! I really wanted to use the jumping up and down smiley's but why aren't they working??????? Anyway, today I felt strong!! PWO drink was Gaspari's Superpump - I love that stuff! Kind of like drinking Tang in the morning..LOL Anyway, here's this mornings workout

DB Press (35) 10 (45) 8 (50) 10 (55) 10 - YIPPEEEEEEE
Incline DB Press (42.5) 8 (47.5) 8 (52.5) 8

Cable Xovers (22.5) 10 (25) 10/10

DB Pullovers (55) 8 (60) 8 (65) 8

Decline Pushups on high platform 10/5... lol

The Prodigy
04-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Congrats lady! Nice work! You are stronger than I am! DAM!

katt981
04-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Congrats lady! Nice work! You are stronger than I am! DAM!

LOL not even :) It was just a fluke I tell ya.......

katt981
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
ok took the morning off today. Last night was the Extreme-X class, basically a guy that specializes in the Insanity workouts at our gym... last night was extreme cardio. He said it was the only DVD on that series that he DID NOT alter.. so after a warm up and stretch, it was 26 different movements, each for 1 minutes with NO REST OMG I almost crashed and burned on that one. It's definitely giving me the 'push' I need to reduce some of my bodyfat, but I may be sacrificing a little size because my heart rate is so high.... but idk,, just guessing. My strength is still up, so I'm not really worried about it :)

Bronwyn
04-05-2012, 07:12 AM
... so stronger than me :D LOL I do DB Press with 44 lbs usually :) ;)

katt981
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Well I did have to have help launching those db's from my hubby. Not sure what was up with that day, maybe was the fact I took a complete day off from any type of training??

Last night X-fit class. Our regular instructor is in Hawaii for 3 weeks, so we have a sub - the same guy that teaches the Insanity workout. It was a difficult class, he focused on shoulders and mine where on fire by the end...

This morning we knocked out some bi's & tri's, but I really wasn't into it, feeling a little tired today :( Seated DB curls ss w/Rope push downs, Seated incline db curl ss w/ lying tricep extension, then dragon bb curls, ss w/ seated tricep pushdown machine. I'm done. Spinning tonight. This is one of those days where I'm impatient with my weight loss and I feel 'big' I know everyone has those days LOL especially last night during the class, all the women had the 'stick' arms and it made me look so much .. uh.. 'bigger'... ugh...

katt981
04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hope everyone had a great Easter!! Ours was pretty uneventful, went to the gym did a little leg workout, went and visited the kids/grandkids and then came home and cooked up all the meat for this week. Feel like I needed one more day to get organized.. LOL

This morning was back
pullups
CG pull down ss w/WG seated cable row
Yates rows ss w/ straight arm push downs
hypers

tonight cardio - getting excited to go a see all the competitors at the Emerald Cup on the 20th-21st..in Bellevue It's the 30th year, so I anticipate it will be HUGE! Love all the samples we come away with too...LOL and the motivation! :)

alainaravens
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Glad u had a good Easter Idid my first workout video at home and Loved it :) have a good time at the show

katt981
04-11-2012, 11:24 AM
I did Alaina! Are you going to post the wo vid?? We would love to see it :)

katt981
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Well, today was just 'ok' this week I'm feeling a tad more 'tired' than normal, maybe the intense cardio is catching up with me, who knows. Today was bi's & tri's and my left arm tendonitis was acting up again, the side of my biceps was 'tingling and felt a little on the numb side, and I don't know wtf was wrong with my neck on that side because it hurt too... geesus...

all in all it went good - this will be the last week on the Halo Extreme supplement, then I'll take the 4 weeks off and hit it again. Seems to increased my strength a bit and I'm happy with that, and my muscles are popping a bit due to the visual fat loss. :) But, I'm not where I want to be YET... need to get a little leaner. I always have this every year - I get to ALMOST where I want to be, just enough to be comfortable and things ("things" aka diet) start sliding in the wrong direction.... This year WILL BE DIFFERENT. I need to be more focused because I know I can do this. Whether I can do it without being, well, kind of bitchy... that I don't know.. LOL

Sunnyday
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
It is a great feeling when muscles start popping! Keep going and keep that diet on point and you will get there and then some! :hugme:

katt981
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks Sunny! I'm focusing, I'm focusing. This year I'm NOT losing it after we get back from next weekend at the Emerald Cup. I just saw a post yesterday that although it's 8 days away, they have 500 competitors signed up already!! WAHOO! Two classes are being split, one in bikini and one in master's figure... WOW.. I guess everyone's got to bring their A Game, cuz the competition is going to be tough!

Last night was Spin/Sculpt class... it ran a little long, so approx 45 minutes of spinning and 20 minutes of various light DB work for upper body. Dang, I wish I could get those standing sprints down,,,, seems like my legs just go in slo-mo and my brain isn't capable of speeding it up...LOL :)

Today was shoulders - BB OH Press, Side Laterals, Front Raises and Shrugs.. didn't get time to do the rev flies..

Friday!!!!! YEAH!! tomorrow I get to babysit the grandkids all day while the parents go out and play on the lake and do some fishing :) should be fun!

Sunnyday
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM
You've got the right mindset, katt! Be focused to get to your goal, remain focused to remain there!

Emerald Cup is sure to be a blast! One of these days I will go and see a big show (that I'm not competing in, LOL!).

katt981
04-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Well this last weekend was so good! The competitors at the Emerald were awesome - well, except for the bb's in womens over 35, that group 'lacked' a little. There was only one person I felt that came in 'good' all the rest were not close in comparison. I was really shocked by the super-heavy's in men's. Usually you get maybe 5... I'll have to go back and look at my photos, I think there were over 15 in that group - it was amazing! The physique judging, I got where they were going with it, there were some gals that competed in figure that entered, and some that had competed in bb'ing that were in it. One of the bb'ers didn't get in the top 5, she was 'too' developed for the group.

The womens bb'ing overall was good, there were a couple of gals that were 'obviously' upset when they didn't place as high as they wanted, BUT in all fairness, they didn't come in as lean as the others that placed above them. oh well... you can't get upset when you didn't hit it correctly, you just have to try again next time :)

Vendor booths were awesome! More clothing booths this year, (picked up a really cute t shirt) and this is the first year I've seen a species booth at the Emerald. Lots of samples :) and we finally got to taste the new watermelon flavor of Gaspari's Superpump - It was so good! That's going to be on our next order of supp's.

On a bad note, I ended up getting a 24 hr flu Saturday morning :( ugh.. went to the prejudging at 10:00 but had to leave and literally slept until 3:30 that afternoon. I made it to the finals, because that was something I wasn't going to miss! LOL My husband stayed through most of it, but it ran super long, and when we went back for the finals (doors opened at 6:00 p.m.) they had just finished the bikini comp 20 minutes earler!! Poor judges had to really work late on this one.

On the way home, stopped and visited with my husband's brother and family, and played around at the Snoqualamie Casino for a bit - fun times! Maybe next year I won't be sick.

Next Saturday is our local competition - much more smaller scale, but I'm sure it will be great!

Sunnyday
04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey hey! Sounds like an awesome time, in spite of getting the 24-hr flu - YUK!

Bronwyn
04-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Cool about the comp. Anyway I see the BB in USA is rising from the dust probbably. HW men you said were 15 there, on San Diego they had like 12 guys there.... same many lower weight classes... It is nice to see those numbers as far as in Europe numbers of competitors are smaller and smaller each year...

katt981
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey hey! Sounds like an awesome time, in spite of getting the 24-hr flu - YUK!

Yeah it was a great time Sunny - came home with lots of motivation and LOTS of samples LOL but this darn stomach thing is throwing me for a loop, still can't shake it all the way. I'm not a fan of not being 100% :(

Cool about the comp. Anyway I see the BB in USA is rising from the dust probbably. HW men you said were 15 there, on San Diego they had like 12 guys there.... same many lower weight classes... It is nice to see those numbers as far as in Europe numbers of competitors are smaller and smaller each year...

It was so nice to see the large competitor crowd! Maybe because it was the 30th anniversary, idk but I hope it's like that every year. Men's was a lot more than women's unfortunately. I missed the bikini comp on Saturday, but I did see in the program that the classes were HUGE!

katt981
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Well today was my first day back at the gym since last Thursday.. ugh. This darn stomach thing just won't go away totally. I'm fine right when I get up, but as the day progresses I just feel lowsy, so cardio and/or classes after work haven't happened - yet. I did pack my gym bag for today, I'm being really optimistic and I feel I need to do SOMETHING!

this weekend is the local bb comp here. Excited to see a couple people that we know do their first show! That's always exciting :) After the shows are over, I always want to jump right in, then the reality sets in about the $$ needed to do so, and I become 'grounded' again ... LOL

The Prodigy
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Well today was my first day back at the gym since last Thursday.. ugh. This darn stomach thing just won't go away totally. I'm fine right when I get up, but as the day progresses I just feel lowsy, so cardio and/or classes after work haven't happened - yet. I did pack my gym bag for today, I'm being really optimistic and I feel I need to do SOMETHING!

this weekend is the local bb comp here. Excited to see a couple people that we know do their first show! That's always exciting :) After the shows are over, I always want to jump right in, then the reality sets in about the $$ needed to do so, and I become 'grounded' again ... LOL

I actually opened up an account at the bank which only allows me to put money IN and doesn't allow me to withdrawl it til a week before I start my prep. Each paycheck I put a certain amount in, then I am not pushed to the limits when I start prep and know I can financially swing it! So I can focus on diet and prep and less stress!!! Just a thought.....