PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into it!

MitsyKnox
08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
So...I've been wanting to get back into competing. I've only done six shows total and the last one was in August 2009. I just started a contest diet yesterday. I'd love to compete in Fort Lauderdale in 8 weeks (less than 8 weeks), but for sure in Kentucky in 12. It's hard dieting after so much time! I'm a clean eater about 95% of the time - even my cheats are normally somewhat healthy. The problem is that I enjoy food a little too much for my 5'3" frame. :drool:

As of yesterday I weighed 133...uggh...more than I have in a long time. I normally maintain around 125, but I lost a loved one this past June 7th and took it very hard. Had no appetite the first week and lost weight, then decided that nothing mattered except eating - and not my normally "clean" eats, but more like brownies...and half the batter before it even got baked! GROSS!!!

I love competing. I love the excitement of it. I love pushing myself to new limits - to me it's not a contest against other girls, but one against myself, to find a new personal best.

I'm starting this journal as a means of support. My boyfriend is sooooooo supportive of my working out (we train together in his gym early in the morning, practice yoga twice per week together, and run 4 to 5 days per week and plan races together), but he is not so keen on the whole 'body building' scene. It's funny, people always ask him when his next show is, but he just does not like it at all - saw some things that really turned him off and can't get the bad taste out of his mouth. But he wants to support me...just doesn't want to hear about competing all the time, so that's why I am here! :yep:

MitsyKnox
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
As I stated in my first post, yesterday I started my diet. Hopefully I can get the fat off in 8 weeks, but if not, for sure in 12! The goal is 8 though. ;)

Yesterday we ran 3 miles in 98 degree weather. I think the heat index was like 107. We sweat so much when we run that we usually just immediately jump in the pool afterwards. As much as I love summer I am looking forward to fall so we can start to run longer distances without dying of heat exhaustion!

This morning we trained delts. We did high reps today - normally we mix it up and do high reps one week and heavy weight/low reps the next.

We're going for our run in about half an hour. It's 94 degrees and super humid. We'll probably only do 2 1/2 to 3 miles again today. It looks like it's going to pour, but I don't mind running in the rain - especially when it's so hot!

katt981
08-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi there! I've never done a show, but I have dieted down and yeah, the first part pretty much 'sucks' until I get my head in the game..lol

I'm 5'2 1/2" (at least the last time I checked- I may be shrinking..LOL) and every pound seems to bulge out somewhere.

Good luck with getting it down in 8 weeks! YOU CAN DO IT!

MitsyKnox
08-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks Katt. Being short sucks, right??? My boyfriend is 6'2" and 210 lbs of solid muscle and just doesn't get that I can't eat like him. Uggh...I wish I could though! ;) I sure do love food!

Sunnyday
08-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome! Glad you decided to start a thread and congrats on getting back into competing, too! :)

I'm 5'2" so I can relate to how every little pound shows up and has nowhere to hide - ugh! I'm competing in my 2nd show in just under 11 weeks. EEEEK!

Are you working with a coach or doing your own diet?

MrsSims
08-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Great to see another hardworking girl in the forums! Its awesome that your able to get back to work after your loved ones passing, let it be guidance to keep u focused while getting back in gear. Its always wonderful to have a great partner that is supportive with your passion to compete..

I wish u all the best of luck on your journey and ill be following you for sure! Welcome to our Rx circle of wonderful people, positive influences! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MitsyKnox
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Sunny - we'll be getting on stage right around the same time! I'm so excited to have other girls to talk to...vent to...and I'm sure there will be days. ;)

Mrs. Sims - quite the transformation! Thanks for your support. I'm so happy to have all of you!

I didn't end up doing a second cardio today. :( But I did do my ab and glute exercises on the floor with my cats. Now I'm off to bed. I get up at 4:20 a.m. for work out with my hot man.

Sweet dreams ladies...

MrsHammer
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
So...I've been wanting to get back into competing. I've only done six shows total and the last one was in August 2009. I just started a contest diet yesterday. I'd love to compete in Fort Lauderdale in 8 weeks (less than 8 weeks), but for sure in Kentucky in 12. It's hard dieting after so much time! I'm a clean eater about 95% of the time - even my cheats are normally somewhat healthy. The problem is that I enjoy food a little too much for my 5'3" frame. :drool:

As of yesterday I weighed 133...uggh...more than I have in a long time. I normally maintain around 125, but I lost a loved one this past June 7th and took it very hard. Had no appetite the first week and lost weight, then decided that nothing mattered except eating - and not my normally "clean" eats, but more like brownies...and half the batter before it even got baked! GROSS!!!

I love competing. I love the excitement of it. I love pushing myself to new limits - to me it's not a contest against other girls, but one against myself, to find a new personal best.

I'm starting this journal as a means of support. My boyfriend is sooooooo supportive of my working out (we train together in his gym early in the morning, practice yoga twice per week together, and run 4 to 5 days per week and plan races together), but he is not so keen on the whole 'body building' scene. It's funny, people always ask him when his next show is, but he just does not like it at all - saw some things that really turned him off and can't get the bad taste out of his mouth. But he wants to support me...just doesn't want to hear about competing all the time, so that's why I am here! :yep:
Good luck with your competition prep!

Sunnyday
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Sunny - we'll be getting on stage right around the same time! I'm so excited to have other girls to talk to...vent to...and I'm sure there will be days. ;)

Mrs. Sims - quite the transformation! Thanks for your support. I'm so happy to have all of you!

I didn't end up doing a second cardio today. :( But I did do my ab and glute exercises on the floor with my cats. Now I'm off to bed. I get up at 4:20 a.m. for work out with my hot man.

Sweet dreams ladies...

Got your back, girl! :hmn:

The Prodigy
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Post some pics! I can't wait to see your transformation!
Are you doing your own diet?

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Yep. Doing my own diet. Not sure how well I'll do, but I'm in school right now and it's so expensive! I'm actually getting a Masters of Science in clinical nutrition, so my knowledge base is very good. But every competitor knows that no matter how much you know, when you're in competition mode you tend to over-think things too much. Hopefully I don't do this to myself! My boyfriend is helping me, but he tends to make me eat too much!

Missed workout this morning. :( I guess my body needed sleep because neither I nor my boyfriend woke up to the alarm!

I think my diet has been pretty good so far...then again it's only the third day;)

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I tried to post a pic yesterday but it was too big and didn't work. I may start posting progress pics next week. Probably going to blur out my face...Kind of like the anonymous thing;)

katt981
08-16-2011, 10:08 AM
lol - yeah, I really don't like photos myself. Guess I need to get over that.. ha ha

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Okay, so I haven't competed in over two years and just started a diet 2 days ago. I have a lot of fat to lose - I'm about 12 pounds above my normal contest weight and I think I may have lost some muscle too. I feel so small I almost feel like I should switch over to bikini. I want to compete in <8 weeks, but I have a feeling I won't be stage ready for 12 weeks.

Here's my pic from Sunday. Yes, blurred the face. I'd prefer to remain anonymous...for now anyway.

MitsyKnox
08-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Post some pics! I can't wait to see your transformation!
Are you doing your own diet?

Here I am, Prodigy. Embarrassing. Especially after just viewing your pics! But I am ready to get my game on! :yep:

MitsyKnox
08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Great arms workout this morning. Diet has been great and I feel really good. I'm excited for my weigh-in and measurements on Sunday. I'm really hoping to see some results. Did 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday afternoon but missed yoga. :(

MitsyKnox
08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I weighed 128 this morning. Down 5 pounds from Sunday. I must have lost a bunch of water from decreasing my carb intake so drastically. No matter - I'm still happy. :) At least I am showing progress!

It's still the first week and I'm already concerned about my muscles. I almost feel like I should be doing bikini because I lost so much size. Hmmm.....

I'm thinking about doing shoulders twice per week with one of the workouts being very low rep and super heavy. I need to build them up big time. I was looking at pics from a few years ago and it's amazing how much size I have lost. Old age? Uggh...

LisaRD23
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
hey good for you for getting back into the game. I think you are still good for figure. You can clearly see that you still have muscle, and a nice frame. Once you start dropping BF your muscles will pop!

katt981
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I love the low-carb water loss!! You've already lost 5 - just a few more to go!

YOU CAN DO THIS! :yep:

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-19-2011, 01:10 AM
I think you should totally stick to figure. I think you're only loosing 'size' JUST bc its the water leaving your muscle bellies. I'm on a lot of carbs right now so I feel really 'full' like I have these huge muscles, but I know once I start to do a keto diet, buh bYE! lol. Stick with the plan, as you lean out, you'll see more definition!

MitsyKnox
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks girls. Hopefully I can get my shoulders and back to grow a little while leaning out my bottom half, evening myself out.

Had a great chest & back workout this morning. Diet has still been great. Running today at noon - hopefully I can breath in the heat! I'm looking forward to pictures and measurements this Sunday. Hopefully I notice some change;)

The Prodigy
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Yep. Doing my own diet. Not sure how well I'll do, but I'm in school right now and it's so expensive! I'm actually getting a Masters of Science in clinical nutrition, so my knowledge base is very good. But every competitor knows that no matter how much you know, when you're in competition mode you tend to over-think things too much. Hopefully I don't do this to myself! My boyfriend is helping me, but he tends to make me eat too much!

Missed workout this morning. :( I guess my body needed sleep because neither I nor my boyfriend woke up to the alarm!

I think my diet has been pretty good so far...then again it's only the third day;)

Good for you!!!! I LOVE to see people who compete but still have a career and full time job...

I think contest prep is 100 times more challenging when you do...

MitsyKnox
08-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Good for you!!!! I LOVE to see people who compete but still have a career and full time job...

I think contest prep is 100 times more challenging when you do...

I agree:dunno: I know I would look so much better if I had someone helping me. I just don't have the money. Also, I'm trying to prove to myself that I can compete and still live my life (have a glass of wine on the weekend, eat a little dark chocolate every now and then, travel a bit without freaking out because I don't have my food, etc.). I wish I could say I think I could place, but I know that I am not strict enough and probably won't. I just want to have fun and look like I deserve to be on that stage. That being said, I'm still going to try my hardest!!! It has always been a dream of mine to compete at the Olympia. Maybe I'll get lucky??? :p

MitsyKnox
08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Great leg workout this morning. Just ate my post-workout meal and feeling great. :)

The Prodigy
08-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree:dunno: I know I would look so much better if I had someone helping me. I just don't have the money. Also, I'm trying to prove to myself that I can compete and still live my life (have a glass of wine on the weekend, eat a little dark chocolate every now and then, travel a bit without freaking out because I don't have my food, etc.). I wish I could say I think I could place, but I know that I am not strict enough and probably won't. I just want to have fun and look like I deserve to be on that stage. That being said, I'm still going to try my hardest!!! It has always been a dream of mine to compete at the Olympia. Maybe I'll get lucky??? :p

Small goals! Then big ones! I am going all natural so my goals have changed quite a bit! Being happy with yourself on the inside and out is what is important and no amount of money can create that! It comes from within!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-20-2011, 12:07 PM
You should try adding in some FST-7 work outs!!! For your shoulders! I'd do FST-7 twice a week, those puppies with be GROWING!

MitsyKnox
08-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Small goals! Then big ones! I am going all natural so my goals have changed quite a bit! Being happy with yourself on the inside and out is what is important and no amount of money can create that! It comes from within!

You are sooooooooo right! Thank you!

MitsyKnox
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
You should try adding in some FST-7 work outs!!! For your shoulders! I'd do FST-7 twice a week, those puppies with be GROWING!

I definitely will if you explain to me what FST-7 is! :dunno: I'll try any workout to get my shoulders to grow!

stephaniewicked
08-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Hey girl! So glad to see you have a journal here... looking forward to following along! You look great right now... no doubt you will look even more incredible in 8-12 weeks! Good luck, I'll be following along!!

MitsyKnox
08-21-2011, 11:30 AM
My run this morning was sooooooo bad!!! I only made it through a little over 1.5 miles before I had to walk. I was so over-heated and totally thought I was going to puke! I ruined the run for me and my guy. I told him to go ahead, but he didn't want to leave me because I looked so bad. Uggh. Sucks. But I just ate a delicious egg white omelet with spinach, avocado, and goat cheese and feel a lot better. We're getting a massage this afternoon and both need it!!!

I weighed 127 this morning and even though my measurements showed progress (mostly water weight I'm sure), I don't see much difference in my pics. My batteries are dead in my camera and it kept shutting off, so my posing was ridiculous. Oh well. Hopefully I'll see more change next week. ;)

Here are my progress pics - the ones on the left (hair up) are last Sunday and the right are from this morning.

MitsyKnox
08-21-2011, 11:32 AM

So I googled this type of training and came up with a second shoulder workout I can do during the week. Thank you for introducing it to me! :yep:

MitsyKnox
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey girl! So glad to see you have a journal here... looking forward to following along! You look great right now... no doubt you will look even more incredible in 8-12 weeks! Good luck, I'll be following along!!

Yay! Thanks Stephanie. I like looking at your pics for motivation. You are soooooo HOT!!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I definitely will if you explain to me what FST-7 is! :dunno: I'll try any workout to get my shoulders to grow!

So I googled this type of training and came up with a second shoulder workout I can do during the week. Thank you for introducing it to me! :yep:

You look f'ing fantastic! I'm so impressed! Especially bc you're doing your own diet, that's tough!

Yeh, I really liked FST-7, definitely something to incorporate! Good luck, lemme know if you want any more ideas! =)

MitsyKnox
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Great chest workout this morning. Yesterday was my 're-feed' day and I enjoyed it. Had a shrimp salad with 1/2 oz gorgonzola, tomatoes, bell peppers, and red wine vinegar over spring greens. I also had a 100% whole wheat sandwich round with hummus, cucumbers, and celery. yum! Later I had 1/2 cup sugar-free, fat-free frozen yogurt. Delicious. Gave me energy for the week ahead!

Sunnyday
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Wow, I'm a bit jealous. Haven't seen cheese in a month. Dave usually holds off on the cheats/refeeds for me until about 4 weeks out. Glad somebody gets to enjoy them now. :)

Isn't it great after a refeed how your next-day WO is off the hook?! ;)

Pics look really good! Great structure and muscle! I can totally tell you are a veteran poser. Legs look a little tighter in the more recent pics.

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Heavy back workout this morning! I was sooooooo hungry...ate my egg whites and now I'm ready to go back to bed. I wish I could!

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in the heat during lunch, then went to the gym and did some 'extra' heavy delt exercises. Today I'm feeling it!

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Wow, I'm a bit jealous. Haven't seen cheese in a month. Dave usually holds off on the cheats/refeeds for me until about 4 weeks out. Glad somebody gets to enjoy them now. :)

Isn't it great after a refeed how your next-day WO is off the hook?! ;)

Pics look really good! Great structure and muscle! I can totally tell you are a veteran poser. Legs look a little tighter in the more recent pics.

Yep, I eat cheese! Only about 1/2 - 1 oz per day, and not the processed crap, but real cheese. I don't do the typically 'body builder' diet. I know some people cut complete food groups out of their diet and I just don't agree with that. I guess it's the nutritionist in me. :) I know I'd come in way leaner if I did, but this is just a hobby for me and I'm not willing to put my health at risk. My 'on-season' diet does not differ greatly from off-season. I don't eat fast food, donuts, and other crap like that ever - it's just not appealing to me. There are some foods that I like that are not healthy, like ice cream, but I generally don't eat it unless it's a special occasion. I truly enjoy non-fat frozen yogurt and allow myself some in small quantities every now and then. And although I don't like to consume too many 'fake' sweeteners, that is one thing I DO consume before a contest (in moderation) to satisfy my sweet tooth. I cut way back on my fruit consumption just to get my sugar intake lowered. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese stay in though. Love them! And I drink a ton of milk every day, but not cow's milk - unsweetened almond milk. It doesn't have lactose in it, otherwise my sugar intake would be like 20 grams per day in milk alone! Basically, I reduce my caloric intake, keep my sugar low, cycle my carbs (but I still eat veggies every day), and keep my protein high. I even allow myself a glass of dry wine a few days per week, including it in my daily caloric intake. I realize I might not place, but my overall healthy, varied, nutrient-dense diet got me my pro card, and I'm 100% natural as well, and always have been, so I'm going to give it my all and just see what happens. Fingers crossed I won't look terrible!!! Hopefully I'll look descent...and then maybe I'll post a pic with my face visible. Ha ha.

btw...I do enjoy a shared decadent dessert with my boyfriend when we go to a super nice restaurant every now and then AND ENJOY EVERY BITE WITHOUT GUILT! You have to live a little! I just order my meal super healthy and try not to drink too much alcohol since alcohol has first priority in metabolism and extra calories (especially SFAs) are basically immediately stored as fat when alcohol is in your system.

LisaRD23
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I agree with Sunny, your legs deff do look leaner. You can tell in the front and back pose that your upper thighs are touching less in your recent pics.

You have a good addittude with your diet. I think it all depends on focus and goals. Your goal is to do this as a hobby and have fun, which is great! I think most of us struggle between having fun and trying to control the competitive monster. I know I do!:p

katt981
08-23-2011, 12:18 PM
mmmmm LOVE hummus! and Greek Yogurt & cottage cheese mixed! Not a big milk fan, a downfall for me.. never drink it :dunno:

Good luck with your diet - kudos for doing it yourself!!

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I love greek yogurt so much! I can't believe I never knew about this stuff till about a year ago? I love it best with Honey and Granola as a little cheat! =)

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
mmmmm LOVE hummus! and Greek Yogurt & cottage cheese mixed! Not a big milk fan, a downfall for me.. never drink it :dunno:

Good luck with your diet - kudos for doing it yourself!!

One of my all time favorite meals - especially as my last meal before bed - is 100 to 120 grams of cottage cheese (I love Friendship 1%) mixed with 1/2 scoop cookies and cream protein (I use Beverly International UMP - it's a mixture of both whey and casein) and about 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (Silk is my favorite). It makes a huge bowl of yumminess! Looks really soupy and disgusting, but it's delicious and under 200 calories!

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree with Sunny, your legs deff do look leaner. You can tell in the front and back pose that your upper thighs are touching less in your recent pics.

You have a good addittude with your diet. I think it all depends on focus and goals. Your goal is to do this as a hobby and have fun, which is great! I think most of us struggle between having fun and trying to control the competitive monster. I know I do!:p

Thanks Lady! ;)

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
One of my all time favorite meals - especially as my last meal before bed - is 100 to 120 grams of cottage cheese (I love Friendship 1%) mixed with 1/2 scoop cookies and cream protein (I use Beverly International UMP - it's a mixture of both whey and casein) and about 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (Silk is my favorite). It makes a huge bowl of yumminess! Looks really soupy and disgusting, but it's delicious and under 200 calories!

OOOOOHHH! Another Beverly lover! :D As if I needed another reason to like you, girl! :hmn:I am totally addicted to UMP. I make vanilla UMP pudding every night as my M6. In my offseason I will HAVE to try it with cottage cheese. Sounds yummy!

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep, I eat cheese! Only about 1/2 - 1 oz per day, and not the processed crap, but real cheese. I don't do the typically 'body builder' diet. I know some people cut complete food groups out of their diet and I just don't agree with that. I guess it's the nutritionist in me. :) I know I'd come in way leaner if I did, but this is just a hobby for me and I'm not willing to put my health at risk. My 'on-season' diet does not differ greatly from off-season. I don't eat fast food, donuts, and other crap like that ever - it's just not appealing to me. There are some foods that I like that are not healthy, like ice cream, but I generally don't eat it unless it's a special occasion. I truly enjoy non-fat frozen yogurt and allow myself some in small quantities every now and then. And although I don't like to consume too many 'fake' sweeteners, that is one thing I DO consume before a contest (in moderation) to satisfy my sweet tooth. I cut way back on my fruit consumption just to get my sugar intake lowered. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese stay in though. Love them! And I drink a ton of milk every day, but not cow's milk - unsweetened almond milk. It doesn't have lactose in it, otherwise my sugar intake would be like 20 grams per day in milk alone! Basically, I reduce my caloric intake, keep my sugar low, cycle my carbs (but I still eat veggies every day), and keep my protein high. I even allow myself a glass of dry wine a few days per week, including it in my daily caloric intake. I realize I might not place, but my overall healthy, varied, nutrient-dense diet got me my pro card, and I'm 100% natural as well, and always have been, so I'm going to give it my all and just see what happens. Fingers crossed I won't look terrible!!! Hopefully I'll look descent...and then maybe I'll post a pic with my face visible. Ha ha.

btw...I do enjoy a shared decadent dessert with my boyfriend when we go to a super nice restaurant every now and then AND ENJOY EVERY BITE WITHOUT GUILT! You have to live a little! I just order my meal super healthy and try not to drink too much alcohol since alcohol has first priority in metabolism and extra calories (especially SFAs) are basically immediately stored as fat when alcohol is in your system.

And even more reason to like you. :)

I like taking a break once in a while and really enjoying all the yummies when I go out with my husband, too. Like you, zero guilt afterward. Gotta live a little.

BTW, you can ask Gail to change your avi to reflect your pro status. ;)

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 06:26 PM
And even more reason to like you. :)

I like taking a break once in a while and really enjoying all the yummies when I go out with my husband, too. Like you, zero guilt afterward. Gotta live a little.

BTW, you can ask Gail to change your avi to reflect your pro status. ;)

Isn't Beverly delicious???!!! Being 5'3" I really don't need a protein supplement. I get more than enough protein through food, and actually prefer to get my protein via wholesome, unprocessed foods, but DAMN...when a craving hits, nothing is better than my Beverly protein!!! Yummy. I make pudding too. In fact I rarely even make shakes anymore. I usually just add warm water to the chocolate UMP with a little cinnamon and instant espresso powder and it's like eating cake batter.

I don't know who Gail is so I really can't ask.:confused: I really don't care about that anyway. I got my IFBB card in August of 2007 and have only done one show since. I think I have to compete at least once every two years to keep my status, so if I don't compete this year I'm out. I'd like to do the KY show. I have a really expensive brand new suit that I've never worn. And, it would just be fun to do one last show. I'm just not into it much anymore though. I'm more into running races with my sister and boyfriend. Hopefully I can do the KY show. Then I can hang up my heels for good. ;)

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Isn't Beverly delicious???!!! Being 5'3" I really don't need a protein supplement. I get more than enough protein through food, and actually prefer to get my protein via wholesome, unprocessed foods, but DAMN...when a craving hits, nothing is better than my Beverly protein!!! Yummy. I make pudding too. In fact I rarely even make shakes anymore. I usually just add warm water to the chocolate UMP with a little cinnamon and instant espresso powder and it's like eating cake batter.

I don't know who Gail is so I really can't ask.:confused: I really don't care about that anyway. I got my IFBB card in August of 2007 and have only done one show since. I think I have to compete at least once every two years to keep my status, so if I don't compete this year I'm out. I'd like to do the KY show. I have a really expensive brand new suit that I've never worn. And, it would just be fun to do one last show. I'm just not into it much anymore though. I'm more into running races with my sister and boyfriend. Hopefully I can do the KY show. Then I can hang up my heels for good. ;)

I agree with you on the whole, unprocessed foods. And ya, when a craving hits, Beverly MP or UMP really hit the spot without giving in to junk when you don't want to blow your diet. Vanilla UMP reminds me of my childhood when my mom would make a cake and let me lick the beaters. I've also done that cinnamon and espresso powder mix and I love it with either chocolate OR vanilla pudding. Yum.

Gail Auerbach is our RXGirl editor-in-chief. She makes "our" part of the site what it is, and she's the one to contact when you want to change your thread title or other administrative stuff like adding "IFBB Pro" to your avi, if you choose. Though I haven't met her in person, I've heard she's a real sweetie. I do know from her posts and articles/interviews that she's very genuine, has a great sense of humor, is very supportive and encouraging to us girls, and really knows her stuff.

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I agree with you on the whole, unprocessed foods. And ya, when a craving hits, Beverly MP or UMP really hit the spot without giving in to junk when you don't want to blow your diet. Vanilla UMP reminds me of my childhood when my mom would make a cake and let me lick the beaters. I've also done that cinnamon and espresso powder mix and I love it with either chocolate OR vanilla pudding. Yum.

Gail Auerbach is our RXGirl editor-in-chief. She makes "our" part of the site what it is, and she's the one to contact when you want to change your thread title or other administrative stuff like adding "IFBB Pro" to your avi, if you choose. Though I haven't met her in person, I've heard she's a real sweetie. I do know from her posts and articles/interviews that she's very genuine, has a great sense of humor, is very supportive and encouraging to us girls, and really knows her stuff.

Oh, Prodigy? Okay. Now I feel stupid.

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
^The only time to feel stupid is when you DON'T ask. :)

MitsyKnox
08-23-2011, 08:08 PM
This is when I won my card. It was four years ago. Wow how time flies! I was blonde!

Sunnyday
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Killer pic! Do you mind sharing which show this was?

ChristyLaurenPoole
08-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Wow out standing misty! Whoa! Impressed !

MitsyKnox
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
So...I was laying in bed thinking...so much for being anonymous! Uggh. I almost got up and deleted the post with my pic. I really would prefer to be anonymous, but it was the North Americans. Embarrassing.

MitsyKnox
08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Yesterday we did couples yoga. It was really fun, but with me being 5'3" and my man being 6'2" and 210 lbs of solid muscle, it was definitely harder for me!

Ran 3.5 miles today. It was an easy run today. I'm thinking about signing up for a half marathon with my sister and boyfriend this Feb. It's part of the Rock 'N Roll series and sounds really fun.

Super hungry all day today. And muscles are soooooo sore! I feel like I need another massage already! :yep:

katt981
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
the Pf Chang's Rock & Roll Marathon? My daughter did that one a couple years ago. She started out just doing the 1/2 marathon and got with a running group that told her she was too advanced to do the half and for her to do the whole thing - which she did. She said she would NEVER do a marathon again...lol At mile 22 it was shear torture all the way to the end....

so, my point being... just do the half.:yep:

Sunnyday
08-24-2011, 10:50 PM
^^^^^x2! Stick with the half if you decide to run. A half can actually be FUN. The last 5-6 miles of a marathon, any marathoner will tell you is anything but fun. I hate competing in running races but used to love to run, so I trained myself for a half, plotted my own course, and ran it alone. It really was fun! :) Sadly, 'cause of my crooked back, I can't run anymore. I miss it a LOT so if you do it, you MUST post your runs here (like you've been doing) so I can live vicariously through your training, K? ;)

North Americans brings a LOT of killer physiques with loads of talent, so pulling off your pro card there, that is a really an awesome accomplishment! :bowdown:Can't imagine why you'd be embarrased about it, tho. :dunno:

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 08:39 AM
My entire body is sore!!! Made my man wheat germ muesli pancakes this morning with his eggs. They look so yummy! I've had a pretty good week. Missed some workouts because of scheduling problems, but ran every day and did my abs and glutes. My calories were low yesterday because I missed my last meal (was too tired to eat). Hopefully my pics look okay on Sunday. It's difficult because although I get excited for a contest, I'm way WAY more looking forward to the race.

katt981
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't like it when I miss a meal at night, especially my last one :no:

Make my early morning work-out oh so hard!

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Had a great run today! Averaged a little under 9 minute miles. I wrote out my running/training schedule for the half marathon and I'm sooooooooo excited. I've decided that I am going to stick to eating clean and training hard, and I'll still take progress pics, and when it's closer to the KY show I'll decide if I'm going to send in a contract or not. The way I look at is, live a clean and healthy lifestyle and the body will showcase that hard work. I'm not going to damage my health or stress about eating an ounce of dark chocolate just to stand on a stage and be judged on my appearance. You never know what they are looking for anyway. Like I've said before, I enjoy the excitement of the contest and the glitz and glam of the pretty suits and jewelry, but as far as competition goes, I'd rather compete in something with an actual winner with an actual finish line. I've seen girls work their asses off and starve themselves for weeks and not even place in the top 16! I mean, I just want to have fun without being let down. It's so not worth it. So maybe I'll compete, maybe I won't. But if I do, I'M GOING TO HAVE A HELL OF A TIME AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE! EVEN IF I GET LAST CALL OUT! :yep:

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't like it when I miss a meal at night, especially my last one :no:

Make my early morning work-out oh so hard!

Right? I totally agree! Especially because I weight train at 5 am and don't eat anything before hand. We took today off though, so I got to sleep in, wake up, and eat my breakfast while I cooked my man's muesli pancakes and eggs.

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
the Pf Chang's Rock & Roll Marathon? My daughter did that one a couple years ago. She started out just doing the 1/2 marathon and got with a running group that told her she was too advanced to do the half and for her to do the whole thing - which she did. She said she would NEVER do a marathon again...lol At mile 22 it was shear torture all the way to the end....

so, my point being... just do the half.:yep:

I don't think it's P.F. Chang's marathon. I'm pretty sure the series is all half marathons, but I could be wrong. We wanted to do the one in Philly (in Sept) but didn't train because it's so hot here and it's really hard to run such a long distance in the summer. Here's the link to the one we're doing.

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/st-petersburg/splash

It looks really fun! Yeah, I would like to do an entire marathon eventually, but only after doing a few halves and some 10Ks for practice! :p

MitsyKnox
08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Just got home from some afternoon cardio. Did 40 minutes of intervals on the step mill then stretched for about 10 minutes. Doing abs & glutes later. Now it's time for some relaxing. ;)

MitsyKnox
08-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Great shoulder workout this morning. Just ate my egg whites and ready for a day by the pool;)

MitsyKnox
08-27-2011, 11:39 AM
^^^^^x2! Stick with the half if you decide to run. A half can actually be FUN. The last 5-6 miles of a marathon, any marathoner will tell you is anything but fun. I hate competing in running races but used to love to run, so I trained myself for a half, plotted my own course, and ran it alone. It really was fun! :) Sadly, 'cause of my crooked back, I can't run anymore. I miss it a LOT so if you do it, you MUST post your runs here (like you've been doing) so I can live vicariously through your training, K? ;)

North Americans brings a LOT of killer physiques with loads of talent, so pulling off your pro card there, that is a really an awesome accomplishment! :bowdown:Can't imagine why you'd be embarrased about it, tho. :dunno:

Thanks Sunny :)

MitsyKnox
08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes fast walk on the treadmill at 10% incline. Some dumbass guy was on the phone standing on an elliptical - just standing, not even moving, chit chatting away, THE ENTIRE TIME I DID CARDIO!!! Stupid people. LEAVE THE CELL PHONE IN THE LOCKER ROOM DORK!

I've been watching the updates from the Phoenix show all day. It got me back into the whole 'competing' thing and now I just really want to give it a go, at least one last time. Candice looked amazing!

Sunnyday
08-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Candice hit it just right today. She's gotta be thrilled. :)

MitsyKnox
08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Candice hit it just right today. She's gotta be thrilled. :)

Yeah, Candice looked GORGEOUS!!! She's going to give Erin a run for her money at the O! :yep: I think some of the other placings were off though - one obvious one in particular. Not to be rude, but she had to know she wasn't stage ready! Sucks that she placed how she did just because of her name. I don't get it!

MitsyKnox
08-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Just took my progress pics and now I'm about to head out for my run. It looks like it's going to be a wet run today. Hello rain!

MitsyKnox
08-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Okay...it's totally storming out. I may have to run later today. I don't mind running in the rain, but there are huge wind gusts and lightening...so...I guess I'll post my progress pics. Not much change. I'm posting week 1 on the left and week 3 on the right. Notice my nice, white feet thanks to running outside. My face is equally as white (SPF 70). Nice.

MitsyKnox
08-28-2011, 01:12 PM
It was definitely a wet run today! The running trail was mostly underwater and up to my ankles at some points. Felt good though - at least it wasn't hot. I ran just over 9 minute miles, which I am happy about since it was so wet!

MitsyKnox
08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Great chest workout this morning. Getting ready to head out for my run. Of course it just started pouring. Oh well...won't be as hot;)

katt981
08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes fast walk on the treadmill at 10% incline. Some dumbass guy was on the phone standing on an elliptical - just standing, not even moving, chit chatting away, THE ENTIRE TIME I DID CARDIO!!! Stupid people. LEAVE THE CELL PHONE IN THE LOCKER ROOM DORK!

I've been watching the updates from the Phoenix show all day. It got me back into the whole 'competing' thing and now I just really want to give it a go, at least one last time. Candice looked amazing!

Yeah I don't get that... we have younger guys in the weight area just hanging out and chatting it up on the cells.... that's why you go to the gym, right?? ha

your progress photos look great! :yep:

Sunnyday
08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Candice looked GORGEOUS!!! She's going to give Erin a run for her money at the O! :yep: I think some of the other placings were off though - one obvious one in particular. Not to be rude, but she had to know she wasn't stage ready! Sucks that she placed how she did just because of her name. I don't get it!

This seems to be Candice's year. With Heather Mae sitting this O out, it's gonna be an interesting show for sure.

Placings in the Phoenix show were all over the place, and not just in figure. What was up with the men?! Even though I don't agree with the judging esp in figure, there is usually some consistency as to what's being awarded. This time, there just didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. :dunno: But that seems to happen in so many subjective sports. My daughter is a gymnast, politics happen there, too. Can't control what the judges say, just gotta bring better than your last comp and you've already won before the judges even begin to score you. Though it is icing on the cake when the judging matches (or at least closely matches) the physiques, don't it? ;)

MitsyKnox
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
This seems to be Candice's year. With Heather Mae sitting this O out, it's gonna be an interesting show for sure.

Placings in the Phoenix show were all over the place, and not just in figure. What was up with the men?! Even though I don't agree with the judging esp in figure, there is usually some consistency as to what's being awarded. This time, there just didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. :dunno: But that seems to happen in so many subjective sports. My daughter is a gymnast, politics happen there, too. Can't control what the judges say, just gotta bring better than your last comp and you've already won before the judges even begin to score you. Though it is icing on the cake when the judging matches (or at least closely matches) the physiques, don't it? ;)

I couldn't agree more! Mmmm...icing....

MitsyKnox
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Slept in today and missed workout:mad:

Yoga was great though!!! My legs were on FIRE! 60 minutes of ashtanga with vinyasa flow kicks my (and my boyfriend's) butt! I'm heading out for some non-running cardio in a bit. Probably a mix of intervals on the step mill, high incline treadmill walk, and elliptical. Or...maybe I'll do some sprints on the treadmill. I guess I'll see how I feel when I get there and how much time I have.

Bronwyn
08-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Right? I totally agree! Especially because I weight train at 5 am and don't eat anything before hand. We took today off though, so I got to sleep in, wake up, and eat my breakfast while I cooked my man's muesli pancakes and eggs.

Same here now... but I started as the gym is not crowded, trainings are lighter now and I may afford supersets.

BTW: you looked great and still kept the shape - I had also few major breaks and always returned back.... :D

Can't control what the judges say, just gotta bring better than your last comp and you've already won before the judges even begin to score you.

Totally agree with this. Plus another thing - here people also CRITICIZE me as bodybuilder that I did not have so many rivals on stage and - well is the same as with judging. You can not choose how many competitors you will be with and you can not choose judges - but what always counts and what I am always proud on is my conditioning, shape - all the best I am brining on stage. If it is the best possible in given conditions you may achieve - than you may be PROUD no matter what :yep:

MitsyKnox
09-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Good workout this am. Did back and arms (had to make up for Tuesday's missed workout). Took the day off yesterday.

MitsyKnox
09-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Same here now... but I started as the gym is not crowded, trainings are lighter now and I may afford supersets.

BTW: you looked great and still kept the shape - I had also few major breaks and always returned back.... :D

Totally agree with this. Plus another thing - here people also CRITICIZE me as bodybuilder that I did not have so many rivals on stage and - well is the same as with judging. You can not choose how many competitors you will be with and you can not choose judges - but what always counts and what I am always proud on is my conditioning, shape - all the best I am brining on stage. If it is the best possible in given conditions you may achieve - than you may be PROUD no matter what :yep:

You are soooooooo right!!! I think many competitors let too many outside factors affect their mindset (I know I have in the past), and when you get too obsessed with food, cardio, workouts, judges, other people's negativity, etc., and forget to just enjoy life and have fun (and I don't mean enjoy life by incorporating unhealthy lifestyle behaviors), the fun is lost and then...what's the point? I agree with you. No matter what anyone else says or thinks, if you step on that stage knowing you gave it your all and feel proud, that is the best feeling of all! Speaking of unhealthy lifestyle behaviors - I think it is all too common in our industry to go to extremes in the opposite direction as to what one would think of as "unhealthy" and then what we once thought were "healthy behaviors" become "unhealthy". In my studies of disordered eating behaviors, I recognized WAY too many unhealthy patterns in myself. Being aware of these have helped me so much. Now I enjoy food (albeit healthy, nutrient dense, and in variety) and exercise, and although I pay attention to my intake and will keep a food journal for life, I don't obsess so much about going over my daily allowance by 100 calories every now and then. In the past I would have totally freaked out and immediately gone to the gym! :no:

LisaRD23
09-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Your progress pictures are looking good! You can see the changes from the 1st set of pictures you posted up. You are so right about having that healhty mind set. I think that is probally one of the most hardest things to deal with during comp & prep. Aside from being physically exhausted, the mental exhaustion is no joke.

MitsyKnox
09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Your progress pictures are looking good! You can see the changes from the 1st set of pictures you posted up. You are so right about having that healhty mind set. I think that is probally one of the most hardest things to deal with during comp & prep. Aside from being physically exhausted, the mental exhaustion is no joke.

Thanks for the compliments;) I feel like my next set of pics might not be so great. I had a bit of a rough week diet-wise. :thumbsdown:

MitsyKnox
09-01-2011, 07:19 PM
So...did an hour of ashtanga yoga practice and thought I was going to puke. She killed us today! ...but I liked it :)

Then I went back to the gym and did 35 minutes of fast intervals on the step mill and walked for 15 minutes, speed at 3.5 and incline of 12% (of course I didn't hold on, c'mon!).

Just made my man some dark chocolate-almond granola bars and they smell divine...KILLING ME!!! But I really need to focus on my goal. Uggh.

About to do my ab and glute exercises on the floor, then my last little meal and bed time. I'd really like a cosmo right now...or two!

Sunnyday
09-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Cosmo...dang! Now you got me thinking about a margarita...or 2...or 3. Dang.

8 more weeks and I can have 4. :D

Bronwyn
09-02-2011, 05:04 AM
You are soooooooo right!!! I think many competitors let too many outside factors affect their mindset (I know I have in the past), and when you get too obsessed with food, cardio, workouts, judges, other people's negativity, etc., and forget to just enjoy life and have fun (and I don't mean enjoy life by incorporating unhealthy lifestyle behaviors), the fun is lost and then...what's the point? I agree with you. No matter what anyone else says or thinks, if you step on that stage knowing you gave it your all and feel proud, that is the best feeling of all! Speaking of unhealthy lifestyle behaviors - I think it is all too common in our industry to go to extremes in the opposite direction as to what one would think of as "unhealthy" and then what we once thought were "healthy behaviors" become "unhealthy". In my studies of disordered eating behaviors, I recognized WAY too many unhealthy patterns in myself. Being aware of these have helped me so much. Now I enjoy food (albeit healthy, nutrient dense, and in variety) and exercise, and although I pay attention to my intake and will keep a food journal for life, I don't obsess so much about going over my daily allowance by 100 calories every now and then. In the past I would have totally freaked out and immediately gone to the gym! :no:

Yes - this is second point - making it good way but without feeling guilty when something is not according all RULES :D
Especially post-contest I remeber a lot of depressions and feelings of guilty and shame - and more when I felt from some really good conditioning to my "average body" LOL - as we see ourselves always via the best what we achieved. I remember how ashamed I was - looking on my older pictures after I achieved a life-shape in 2009 - but NO NO - I always did the best I knew that days and my shape was always the best possible - in that moment, in those conditions with that knowledge I had :D That is also reason why now, being offseason I started to write my story in my training journal - absolutely honestly with all stupid things I ever did.... :)

Now I see what finally all people talk - talking about joy, fun and healthy but disciplined sport :yep:

MitsyKnox
09-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Okay...slept in for workout AGAIN!!! WTF?? Uggh. At least tomorrow is saturday and we have much more time. We'll have to do shoulders and legs together. We don't run tomorrow and I eat before workout, so I should be able to have good energy for a bangin' workout. ;)

Burned a great amount of energy yesterday. :) Going to aim for that again today. We run at 1 pm, then I plan on heading to the gym for more cardio around 4. I'm going to go as long as I can today since my lazy ass slept in for workout!

MitsyKnox
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought my run was going to suck today...only a short run, but still, I just wasn't feeling it. And it's back to being super hot, so that didn't help. It actually went very well, except the smell that almost made me vomit! We often run along the bay, which is very beautiful. It is rare that we don't catch at least a glimpse of some dolphins, and sometimes we'll even see manatees. They are adorable! They swim right up to the sea wall and will just look at you. So cute! But today, right at my turning point there was this awful sea smell and once I turned the wind was blowing in my direction and it was like a slap in the face. Uckkkkyyyy!!!!! yuck yuck yuck! Thank God it only lasted a minute or two. I ran fast for those two minutes!

Feeling fat today. Bloated and gross. I'm heading to the gym for some additional cardio in a little while. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a short workout of sprints or a long workout of moderate intensity. I guess I'll see how I feel when I get there. I wish I was going for a massage instead;)

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought my run was going to suck today...only a short run, but still, I just wasn't feeling it. And it's back to being super hot, so that didn't help. It actually went very well, except the smell that almost made me vomit! We often run along the bay, which is very beautiful. It is rare that we don't catch at least a glimpse of some dolphins, and sometimes we'll even see manatees. They are adorable! They swim right up to the sea wall and will just look at you. So cute! But today, right at my turning point there was this awful sea smell and once I turned the wind was blowing in my direction and it was like a slap in the face. Uckkkkyyyy!!!!! yuck yuck yuck! Thank God it only lasted a minute or two. I ran fast for those two minutes!

Feeling fat today. Bloated and gross. I'm heading to the gym for some additional cardio in a little while. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a short workout of sprints or a long workout of moderate intensity. I guess I'll see how I feel when I get there. I wish I was going for a massage instead;)

Yep. I am quite familiar with that "aroma" living here on the Chesapeake Bay. I call it "low tide". Marylanders have actually captured that aroma in Old Bay Seasoning and they put it on their seafood (not to mention everything else) to make it more "flavorful" (LOL!) People around here are totally obsessed with the stuff. In low doses, it is actually tasty. But in the large doses that people around here "snow" their food, it really does give any food that "low tide" stench. :p

MitsyKnox
09-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Did 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Sweat my butt off! Should've done sprints, but just didn't have it in me today. Did abs and glutes too. Now it's time to relax. Big workout tomorrow am - shoulders and legs. I better have a great breakfast! ;)

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Shoulders AND legs?! OW!

MitsyKnox
09-03-2011, 06:20 PM
okay....so I ended up only doing shoulders today, but it was a great workout. We're planning on doing legs tomorrow after our run. I hope we actually do it and don't end up skipping it! I feel so fat today! :( My diet has been so/so, and if I want to compete at the KY show I really need to get focused. I don't eat bad at all, but in order to be in stage shape, I really need to step it up and get serious. It's really hard because my boyfriend is soooooooo freaking lean all the time without even trying and hates me competing, so isn't exactly into me being on a strict diet. Also, it's difficult training for a half marathon while dieting...but enough with the excuses, I JUST NEED TO GET FOCUSED!!! If I could just be super strict without being obvious about it in front of my boyfriend...then again I'm such a foodie it's hard to say no when he brings me something delicious to eat. Uggh...ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

MitsyKnox
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
NO PICS TODAY!!! Yeah, I slept in as long as possible. It's that dreaded time...you know what I mean. Cramps, bloat, irritability, CRAVINGS, etc. etc...but I still ran. Sunday is long run day and I thought it was going to be awful at first, but I finished strong and in good time! Cramps are kicking my ass now though. I ate a huge bowl of oat bran with flax meal and now it's time for a hot shower. Hopefully I can get a massage later today.

I've been checking out the pics from the North Americans yesterday. The girls looked gorgeous as ever. That was a fun show...and not just because I was the overall winner (but that certainly added to the excitement!). I've only done one show since (my only pro show) and sucked. Just days before the show my boyfriend told me he wasn't coming. The day of the show I was in such a bad mood I barely even posed. I totally gave up because the only person I wanted there wasn't and I ate Nutella out of the jar the entire day BEFORE the show and cancelled my hair and makeup girl because I just felt like it was a waste of money since my heart wasn't into it anymore anyway. It was such a letdown. That's what I'm worried about for the KY show, that I'll give it my all and get super excited and at the last minute my boyfriend will send me on my way alone with no one to share the excitement with.

Sunnyday
09-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Just remember we're here to share the excitement with ya, girl! I'm very fortunate that while my husband doesn't share the same passion for competing, dieting, weightlifting, etc., he does understand it's my passion, and he does encourage me through the process and rejoice with me for bringing my best. That said, not many significant others will "get it"...ever. You have to compete for YOU and only YOU, and if the people closest to you can't/won't rejoice with you, then you find some peeps who will. ;)

Bronwyn
09-05-2011, 03:38 AM
That sucks what your - hope that ex- - did to you.... especially if he went trough the whole precontest with you, he might wait AFTER the show at least. And I understand WHY you did it. Anway in this I was always tough and always I knew if I put MY energy and MY pain in something I can not give it up because of somebody else.... hope you are ready now to take your place because of you and nobody else. Enjoy it on stage because of YOU! :yep:

ChristyLaurenPoole
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey girl! Love the updates, you're looking amazing and I'm so impressed! I have a problem with waking up and doing my cardio too! I have learned that either you're going to do it in the AM, or you're going to do it later, but ya just gotta get it in one way or the other. I used to be a very big morning person, but for the past year I've just been super sleepy and NOT a morning person AT ALL! ha ha !

HANG IN THERE GIRL! We are all enjoying this journey with you!