PDA

View Full Version : Food Carry-On

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 07:17 AM
does anyone know if airports allow you to bring foods like chicken, nuts, protein powder, on planes with you? i remember seeing a video of markus ruhl taking out some protein powder on a plane, but I'm not sure what the regulations are here in the US. thanks!

Dee
04-03-2009, 07:36 AM
to my knowledge, the restriction is on fluids....powder should be fine

tammyp
04-03-2009, 07:38 AM
cant do freezer pack, so freeze all your meat.

Mouse
04-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Nuts and protein powders are fine. You might have trouble with chicken in a baggie but likely not. Generally, sealed non-liquid packages are fine. I recently got stopped in Italy with a bag of sealed olives (in liquid) and a jar of honey in my carry on. The guy took pity on me and correctly assumed I couldn't fashion a weapon from those two items although if I winged you hard in the eye with an olive it could leave a nasty bruise.

I still don't completely understand the whole liquid rule. I can't pass through inspection with a bottle of water yet I can buy one on the other side and walk on the plane with it.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 07:49 AM
what about peanut butter?

Mouse
04-03-2009, 07:52 AM
You probably won't have have trouble with that unless the inspector wants to give you a hard time. Worst thing that will happen is they take it away from you and hold up your inspection time.

Exactly how long is this flight that you're packing all this food?

tammyp
04-03-2009, 08:15 AM
no pb. they tool it from me last yr. fawkers.

tammyp
04-03-2009, 08:17 AM
i bring enough for the day in a small 1 and check my other cooler. its a PITA to carry that thing. and you can put in whatever you want.

Mouse
04-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Beefy jerky is your friend on long flights.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 08:37 AM
flights wont be too long, 3-4 hrs at most, but i'm dieting and can't afford to miss meals or anything so I just wanna be sure of what I can take on board with me.

Theobeselifter
04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
does anyone know if airports allow you to bring foods like chicken, nuts, protein powder, on planes with you? i remember seeing a video of markus ruhl taking out some protein powder on a plane, but I'm not sure what the regulations are here in the US. thanks!

Guys like you are the reason it takes so damn long for everyone to get on plan. Why can't you just be normal and leave this shit in your suit case? OR DRIVE! So what your dieting, your holding up the flight.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 09:12 AM
wow, u dont even know my circumstances, im only gonna be gone for like 1 night, why would a bring a big ass suit case thats not necessary when i could just put everything in a carry on. and ya, ima drive and waste a couple hundred on gas, when im getting an all expenses paid flight somewhere, yaaa lets drive!

beezy13
04-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah PB is out. The guy took it from me and actually said "it's the same consistency as explosive, so you can't have it'. The Almonds and protein powder I had were fine though.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 09:20 AM
thanks! thats all i need to know.

Frosty
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah PB is out. The guy took it from me and actually said "it's the same consistency as explosive, so you can't have it'. The Almonds and protein powder I had were fine though.

You gotta be shitting me. That's retarded. They need punched in the face.

beezy13
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
That's what I said! he just looked at me and said sorry.

Theobeselifter
04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
wow, u dont even know my circumstances, im only gonna be gone for like 1 night, why would a bring a big ass suit case thats not necessary when i could just put everything in a carry on. and ya, ima drive and waste a couple hundred on gas, when im getting an all expenses paid flight somewhere, yaaa lets drive!

you want your meals don't you! you can stop on the side of the road anytime and eat. Now driving to keep your meals balanced and skipping out on a flight... now that's hardcore. If I find you boarded the plane with chicken, nuts, and "performance enhancing" powders I'm going to be sure to call the airlines notifying them there is someone smuggling illegal foods on the plane.

ironmudd
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, anything liquid or jelly like they don't allow like peanut butter. The in-laws sent up nutmeg jams from Grenada for us to take to my family as christmas presents and they confiscated those too. I'm not sure what would happen if you froze the stuff and it was a solid instead of a liquid, would it be allowed? You can also put them in small packages to try to get tehm in, I think 2 or 3oz is the limit.

2manytoyz
04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
you want your meals don't you! you can stop on the side of the road anytime and eat. Now driving to keep your meals balanced and skipping out on a flight... now that's hardcore. If I find you boarded the plane with chicken, nuts, and "performance enhancing" powders I'm going to be sure to call the airlines notifying them there is someone smuggling illegal foods on the plane.

you seem to be a very upset person :rolleyes:

AFTazz06
04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
i say just eat right before you go through security. Its not like the food is gonna dissappear in your gut the minute you get on the plane. that way you have your meal, you dont get held up in security, piss other people off, and you get through security fast too. just pack some almonds or something small to eat 2 hrs into the flight so you dont faint. There, problem solved!!

Strikerrjones
04-03-2009, 04:58 PM

You are such a tool.

bigchamp89
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
solid foods are fine, i brought turkey, rice and nuts with me onto the plane and they didnt say a thing.. i went with a plastic spoon though because they might have not let me have a fork, you can put pb and powder in the suitcase if your taking one...

APOSTLE
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Guys like you are the reason it takes so damn long for everyone to get on plan. Why can't you just be normal and leave this shit in your suit case? OR DRIVE! So what your dieting, your holding up the flight.

STFU, fucking tool.

tribal
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
You gotta be shitting me. That's retarded. They need punched in the face.
a guy smuggled a bomb in his fucking shoe!! is it really that hard to imagine? u put some c4 in a PB jar and then fill PB around it, not that difficult...people dont even realize, that the airlines are trying to keep you alive from departure to arrival and thats the thanks they get?

A prime candidate for this would be triacetone triperoxide (TATP), the explosive used by the July 7 bombers. Its two raw ingredients are both liquids, which could potentially be carried on board in sufficient quantities in containers such as bottles of shampoo or contact lens solution.

gettnbig
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
you seem to be a very upset person :rolleyes:
Haven't you seen the picture of his girlfriend.:p

gettnbig
04-03-2009, 05:30 PM
STFU, fucking tool.
Ha ha ha.

tammyp
04-03-2009, 05:39 PM
did someone pee in your oatmeal today? jezus!

r_wichman
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Ley Lukas, Molly and I always bring food on the plane to eat, and we put frozen food under the plane too!.

Frosty
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
a guy smuggled a bomb in his fucking shoe!! is it really that hard to imagine? u put some c4 in a PB jar and then fill PB around it, not that difficult...people dont even realize, that the airlines are trying to keep you alive from departure to arrival and thats the thanks they get?

Save me from peanut butter!!!

Why not just x-ray shit? Not like peanut butter is some magic x-ray shield.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Ley Lukas, Molly and I always bring food on the plane to eat, and we put frozen food under the plane too!.

kk, cool, i feel lots better now that i can eat on the plane lol...

Biggie973
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I heard that food you can't bring on the plane like chicken & stuff like that but, nuts & powders are ok

Frosty
04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I heard that food you can't bring on the plane like chicken & stuff like that but, nuts & powders are ok

Someone might hide a bomb in a chicken breast. But nuts have been proven that you can't hide bombs in them.

Theobeselifter
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
You are such a tool.

fuck you verymuch.

Theobeselifter
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
STFU, fucking tool.

Ditto to you too buddy!

Theobeselifter
04-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Jeez, no wonder there so many damn random shootings these days you can't even play around with people they take everything to the heart. Lighten up you tight asses I was only kidding around with the guy. For Gods sake! You think people on a bodybuilding forum would be less whiney.

tribal
04-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Save me from peanut butter!!!

Why not just x-ray shit? Not like peanut butter is some magic x-ray shield.
not from PB, but from the explosive liquid mixed in

Suzanne
04-14-2009, 07:29 PM
I bring all my food except anything liquid

I have learned my lesson after sitting waiting on a flight that was delayed 4 hours i will always bring 2-3 meals beyeond what i expect to need.

thepump
04-14-2009, 07:34 PM
I bring my protein powder or bar on the plane with me, they mostly focus on liquids. Only allowed to bring something 3oz or less and then you have to put it in a clear plastic baggie - not worth the hassle.

arielkhadr
07-24-2009, 04:18 AM
I bring everything with me on the plane..

Use zip lock bags for every meal and use frozen peas for ice packs.. worked about 5 times for me :) ....... I just checked the nut butters because they are usually in 16oz containers.

Sliced N Diced
07-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah this is a good thread for me. I start my contest prep as my family goes away so im going to need to bring a day or two worths of food. When I get there im buying a carry around cooler and just eating and sleeping. Thanks for all the tips!