PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany's WPD Training for Nationals

WPDTiffany
08-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Hello ladies of Rx Muscle!!! I am a National level NPC WPD competitior and soooo happy to be on this site, finally! My name is Tiffany Nelson and I live in Nashville, TN. :yep: I have been married to my best friend and favorite person in the whole world, Rob Nelson for going on 8 years!! :biglove: Together, we have 4 kids ranging from ages 14-4. I have a full- time job as a Merchandising Assistant for a retail corporation and am currently training for my next BIG show, Nationals in South Beach, FL. I started competing in 2010 as a Bikini competitor because I loved the sass and personality the competitors were bringing to the stage. I finished 2nd in my class (class A) at my first show, the Knox Classic in Knoxville TN and was told I was too muscular to have placed first/overall winner because they didnt want the Bikini winner to have more muscle than the winner of the FBB!! I tried to tone down my look and took 10th in my class at my first National show, 2010 North Americans. I started feeling torn between what I wanted to do (Bikini) and what I realized my body was built for (Figure or BB). I will be honest, BBing was not on my radar at all!! But after my husband heard about the creation of the new WPD, he thought it was a perfect fit for me and my body. I was very hesitant to jump from a bikini show to a physique show, I didnt think I could do it. But, my body grew and developed and, it eventually, proved me wrong. I placed 13th at the Jr USAs in Charleston, SC and got to meet some great ladies in my line-up: Dana Lynn Bailey, Rachel Baker, all of them...they were just a great group of ladies!!!! I am now ready to start prep for my next show, my last chance at that highly coveted WIN before my 2011 season can be considered over. My trainer has always and will always be my husband. I know that Rob would never give me bad advice or lead me in a direction that is not what's best for me. I will also be working with Tony Haines of Nashville, TN during this journey to the top spot. I have a great team working with me, a strong support system behind me and a great friend, Elizabeth Morales (fellow WPD competitor) helping to keep me motivated and focused on the goal. Elizabeth and I will be doing a photoshoot with Dan Ray in the beautiful, colorful, vibrant South Beach/Miami area, and I cannot wait!!!! She and I developed a friendship through another social networking site and have totally clicked since!
So, with all of that said, I hope you enjoy my thread. I'll try to keep it updated every day or as close to that, as possible.

Tiffany

Below are pics from my bikini days in Aug 2010 and WPD in May 2011

The Prodigy
08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome To RX Girl Tiffany! I can't wait to follow your journey!!!!!!

tammyp
08-26-2011, 05:27 AM
welcome! very pretty look...

shankuan
08-26-2011, 10:03 AM
welcome! :heythere:

WPDTiffany
08-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks Gail!! It's great to be here, documenting my life and training during the prep of the biggest show of my life. I am taking this seriously, 100% in it and not backing down.

Thank u TammyP and Shankuan for the warm welcome!! I hope u enjoy this thread and please, throw in any advice or direction you feel could be a benefit for me. I'm always looking to learn more and gain more knowledge about this sport we love!!
Have a fabulous day to you all!!!!

katt981
08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
:wavey: Hey there! You have a great look!

WPDTiffany
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks katt981!! I had trouble keeping my long hair out of the oil the slather on u backstage so it looks a lil funky!! So nationals I have to have a plan to prevent that from happening again...but I'm not cutting it!! Lol

Keep Ur eye on the thread, I'll be posting progress pics and training videos as much as I can!!!
Tiffany

Sunnyday
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Welcome to RX, Tiffany! Love your look!

partsRheavy
08-27-2011, 01:21 AM
I wanna see a workout log or two!!!!! I see evidence of a strongly interactive relationship with Gravity!!!!

Woot!!!

:p

P.S. Don't you get bored with retail????

Welcome!!!

WPDTiffany
08-27-2011, 08:53 AM
HI Sunnyday! Thank you so much for the welcome! I appreciate the compliment! I loved the look here at Jr USA but agree with Dave Palumbo, he said I was too soft and needed better conditioning...but he said "has the look"!! And those three words are what have driven me to continue this dream. I love training but wasnt sure I was going to keep competing; hard to make it work on a tight budget for a family of 6, ya know? But when I looked back at his thread he did during the show and read his comments about me, I thought ok...if Dave thinks I've got the look they are wanting for WPD then i have to take that critique and make it happen. If all i have to work on is getting tighter, that's easy!

Hey PartsRHeavy!!! Yes, I'm 31...not 13!! so Gravity and i are definitely at battle every single day..especially in the rear end department. lol!!That is definitely my weak point and i have to stay 200% on diet and train it about twice a week to keep that big butt in check!!

I appreciate everyone's support so far! I have never posted a thread or blogged about anything, ever before!! So please be kind to this "freshman" writer.
I'll be posting cardio updates and training logs and pics, pics, pics. My husband loves pics!!

Thanks for stopping by y'all.

WPDTiffany
08-27-2011, 08:57 AM
P.S. PartsRHeavy...
I've been in Merchandising for all of 4 months so, no i'm not bored at all!! I'm crazy busy and learning so much. I went to merchandising after 10 years in HR/Benefits field and needed a change and just got very lucky that my company was willing to hire me without experience needed.

Are you in retail or have experience there?
Tell me about it...horror stories and all! LOL

musclemilf
08-27-2011, 10:44 AM
You really look great! It looks like you're a shoe in for WPD. :)

Also, I clicked into your profile and saw that you share that same birthday and year as my oldest son. Omg, I feel so old now lol

Sunnyday
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Agree with PartsRHeavy, post up some WOs, girl! :D

partsRheavy
08-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Nooooooooooooo! In the gravity comment I meant that I could see you're a good lifter i.e. good muscle structure!!!!!

How many years have you been training?

I have a rather strange sense of humor and to me a trip to the gym is a battle with F = mgh (the gravity formula) as I lift weights through distance.

I'm not in retail. Merchandising does sound better than earning minimum wage working in the store though....

WPDTiffany
08-29-2011, 09:58 AM
PartsRHeavy...I gotcha!!! Lol. I didn't at first but now I do!!! Ya I love lifting heavy. I was made for this sport, with gymnastics, cheerleading and dance background I've always been active but never fit. Now I'm I the best shape if mylife and taking full advantage!!

Today I got 30 mins cardio in, high incline 3.0-3.3 mph. I ate my breakfast after, 7 ew and 1/2 cup oats with cinnamon and Splenda with my coffee, of course. Rob and I work arms every Monday. So tonight, after Anna belles soccer scrimmage I'll hit the gym to train bi's and tri's. Then hit treadmill for another session. After I refuel I'll post the workout for y'all!!

Eating second meal now: 5oz chicken breast with 1 cup broccoli and 1oz almonds. And more coffee!!! I swear I'd bleed coffee if u pricked my finger. Lol!!! I'll start chugging my gallon o'water after this meal

Everyone have a great day

82 days and counting til Nationals!!'. Are u in?!!!!

katt981
08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
oats with cinnamon and splenda are pretty much a given in our household,, well, that and the egg whites..LOL

82 days! ;)

stephaniewilles
08-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Welcome to RX....
You look amazing and I wish you the best of luck at Nationals. =)
I too will be competing in WP there. Just booked the hotel! yayayayay
I'm super excited too!! Keep posting.......

WPDTiffany
08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello all!! Im sorry I didn't get to post arm workout from last night. Hour of cardio followed and had to get kids fed, bathed etc. I am working with Rob and he likes for me to go heavy. I'm not sure how much I lift on each exercise but I'll post it if I do... Here goes!!!

Warmups
Alternating curls 5-10 lbs
Straight bar curl 25 lbs

Dumbbell curls 15 lbs, 20lbs, 25 lbs at 12, 10, 10 reps
Preacher curl machine 30 lbs, 35 lbs, 40 lbs at 12, 10, 10 reps
Hammer curls 25 lbs for 12, 10, 10 reps

Tricep warmup
Tricep cable extension with rope 40 lbs, 50 lbs. 15 reps each

Tricep cable extension with rope 60 lbs, 70 lbs, 90 for 12, 10, 10 reps
One handed Overhead dumbbell extension 15 lbs, 20 lbs for 12, 10, 10 reps
Superset with Bicep curls at 20 lbs
Tricep dip machine 90 lbs for 3 sets of 15 reps
Superset with Tricep cable pushdown ( with "v" handle ) 60 lbs for 3 sets 15
Tricep extension machine 45 lbs for 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
Superset with preacher curl machine 30 lbs for 3 sets of 10 reps each

And again, one hour cardio afterward. High incline, 3.0 mph I usually manually change the incline throughout the session. I'll do this for another two days or so, but after that I'll up the intensity with more plyometrics within my cardio

I'm off to a meeting but will get training session posted from tonights gym visit and get some pics posted later, too!!
Have a great day y'all!!!

WPDTiffany
08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
PS. Stephanie!!! It's a pleasure to have u following and so glad there's another WPD girl on here!!! I checked out ur website and very impressed!!! U r great motivation!!! Good luck with ur prep!!! What class will be competing in...I'm 5'0 so I'll be in class A!!!

Talk with u soon

Tiffany

Sunnyday
08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Hello all!! Im sorry I didn't get to post arm workout from last night. Hour of cardio followed and had to get kids fed, bathed etc. I am working with Rob and he likes for me to go heavy. I'm not sure how much I lift on each exercise but I'll post it if I do... Here goes!!!

Warmups
Alternating curls 5-10 lbs
Straight bar curl 25 lbs

Dumbbell curls 15 lbs, 20lbs, 25 lbs at 12, 10, 10 reps
Preacher curl machine 30 lbs, 35 lbs, 40 lbs at 12, 10, 10 reps
Hammer curls 25 lbs for 12, 10, 10 reps

Tricep warmup
Tricep cable extension with rope 40 lbs, 50 lbs. 15 reps each

Tricep cable extension with rope 60 lbs, 70 lbs, 90 for 12, 10, 10 reps
One handed Overhead dumbbell extension 15 lbs, 20 lbs for 12, 10, 10 reps
Superset with Bicep curls at 20 lbs
Tricep dip machine 90 lbs for 3 sets of 15 reps
Superset with Tricep cable pushdown ( with "v" handle ) 60 lbs for 3 sets 15
Tricep extension machine 45 lbs for 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
Superset with preacher curl machine 30 lbs for 3 sets of 10 reps each

And again, one hour cardio afterward. High incline, 3.0 mph I usually manually change the incline throughout the session. I'll do this for another two days or so, but after that I'll up the intensity with more plyometrics within my cardio

I'm off to a meeting but will get training session posted from tonights gym visit and get some pics posted later, too!!
Have a great day y'all!!!

Killer arm WO, mama! Don't know how you had the energy left for an hour of cardio PWO. Impressive!

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 05:10 PM
PS. Stephanie!!! It's a pleasure to have u following and so glad there's another WPD girl on here!!! I checked out ur website and very impressed!!! U r great motivation!!! Good luck with ur prep!!! What class will be competing in...I'm 5'0 so I'll be in class A!!!

Talk with u soon

Tiffany

Hey Tiff, thanks for the huge compliment! :) your huge motivation as well. And you look absolutely amazing!! Its nice to have another wp gal on here. I was contimplating doing a journal and actually decided to do one, although I cant get my pics uploaded...ggrrr!!
I'm 5'4 so guessing I will be in the B class depending on where they split the classes??? Not really sure. Good luck to you as well. Rx is a great place for encouragement and support, so glad your here!!! Have a great day!!!

WPDTiffany
09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey there Ladies! I have been busting my butt in the gym, hitting the grocery store about every other evening and taking care of the family that I havent been able to post in a lil while! So, everything is going great with my training. I am 71 days from competing and feel really good. I'm lifting heavy and throwing some plyo into my cardio too. I have an awesome support system (Shout out to Elizabeth Morales, my Miami MaMa!!) and of course, my husband and other gym rats/bunnies at Fitness Plus in Goodlettsville, TN!! I hope to make you all proud in November and bring home a Pro Card! That's what we are ALL in it for, right?!! Gotta dream big!

Last night was Green Bay gamee...GO PACK! so it became rest day...but I trained Shoulders Wednesday and here is my workout:
4X12 lateral raises (about 10-15 lbs)
4X20 1/4 lateral raises (lifting heavier, about 20-25 lbs)
3X6 heavy dumbbell press (having pain in my R shoulder, so i'm only lifting about 20-25 lbs)
3X10 upright rows (85-110lbs)
3X30 shrugs (only about 20 lbs...dont want these too big)
and finally
4X15 machine front press (about 80-95lbs)

I really love lifting and pushing weights on the gym floor. Rob is there by my side, pushing me along....all the way to South Beach!!

We are working back tonight and hitting a lil cardio after and then a movie, "Warrior"...cant wait!

Tiffany

stephaniewilles
09-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Yay!! Your back! Very nice shoulder workout!!! I so want to watch that movie too!!!

Glad your feeling good girl!! Keep up all the hard work!!! South Beach here we come!!!
Gotta dream huge girl, I think we all want that pro card!! Its great to have a bunch of amazing girls to stand on stage with!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Sunnyday
09-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm glad you're back too! Glad your WOs are going well. Keep your eye on the prize! ;)

IslandGirl
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Tiffany! Wishing you the best in Miami. I'll be there so hoping to meet you "officially". Train hard!