PDA

View Full Version : Willes....Stephanie that is!! From the GYM to the STAGE....Everyday I'm SHUFFLIN!!!

Pages : [1] 2

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Ok everyone!!! Here is my journal 11.5 weeks out from Nationals in South Beach Nov 18 & 19 2011.....

A little background on me. I have been competing since 2009, I started in figure and loved weight training so much I got more muscle than what they like to see so I tried bodybuilding and of course at 5'4 132 was a pretty small chic on stage but I was more conditioned than the other girls and took home an overall trophy that day. When I heard of WP I was so excited and new this year would be a good year to get in. I hope I am what they are looking for :)

I was prepping for the USA's when I fell ill and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I lost 16lbs and didn't train for 6 weeks. I listened to my body and my dr. I took the meds I was told and didn't push it in the gym for awhile. I am feeling really good and off all meds. So I have one shot this year to get that pro card. I feel like I have enough time to prep for nationals so I am giving it my all. If it doesn't work out I'll try try again next year :)

Here is what I'm eating for now:
200 grams of protein
70g carbs
20g fat

With my workouts I don't do anything fancy, no plyo stuff, circuit training etc. I like to lift heavy but sometimes switch up with lighter weights and more reps and doing some sets to failure....

Here is today's workout

Hamstrings/calves

Seated Leg curl
3 sets of 12 85lbs
1 set to failure 85lbs

Lying Leg curl
4 sets of 10 80lbs

Single Leg curl (kneeling)
4 sets of 10 55lbs

Stiff Dead Lifts
1 set of 15 95lbs
1 set of 12 115lbs
2 sets of 10 135lbs

Standing calf machine
3 sets of 20 75 lbs

Seated calf
3 sets of 20 120lbs

70 Minutes of cardio. A friend was at the gym today so I had company lol, went over my usual hour!!

I do not like off season photos at all and am a bit emberassed to put up my 12 weeks out photo but I'm gonna do it anyway....so then when I put up my onstage pics I can say wow look at the progress I made lol :yep:

I hope you find my journal both informative and entertaining :)

Here are my pics, courtesy of my 5 year old daughter Tatum ;)

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 04:56 PM
I guess my pics are too big, I cannot get them to upload, keeps saying upload failed...

Any helpful hints??

FYI.. I am not good with all this fancy computer stuff :(

pfunk
08-31-2011, 05:11 PM
If my pictures are too large, I open them with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click Edit Pictures, and then choose Resize. Most computers come with this. If not, you may be able to make them smaller using Microsoft Paint. That's should be on your computer for sure.

Sandpig
08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Good luck, Steph. Hope to see you at the O.

shankuan
08-31-2011, 05:31 PM
i'm subbed! Best of luck on your journey girl!

shankuan
08-31-2011, 05:33 PM
If my pictures are too large, I open them with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click Edit Pictures, and then choose Resize. Most computers come with this. If not, you may be able to make them smaller using Microsoft Paint. That's should be on your computer for sure.

^^^ This. I usually resize to a predefined width x height of 'Web- large (640 x 480 px)

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 05:58 PM

Sorry Folks this is the best I could do until I can reset my camera....

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanks... Paint wouldnt let me save chngs for some reason and i didnt have ms office pic mngr. I took a pic of my pic with my phone lol, Ill fix my camera that would be the easiest i think.

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Good luck, Steph. Hope to see you at the O.

Thanks Sandpig... I will be around the expo for sure!!

katt981
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
YAY - New Journal!!!!!

I'll be following along...;)

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
i'm subbed! Best of luck on your journey girl!

Thanks so much!!! been trying to keep up with your journal but have not been on there in 3 weeks or so. I'll have to catch up!!1:)

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
YAY - New Journal!!!!!

I'll be following along...;)

Yay!!! I hope you do!!! Its gonna be a fun ride!!:yep:

Whoooooo hooooooooooooo:excited:

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 07:32 PM
AMhr_QMvpYI

Found this on youtube... Me 4 days after USA's last year :yep:

stephaniewilles
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
XerJfK1o8y4

Another video of me...CLICK ON THE LINK

CRANKING OUT THE PULLUPS..... THIS IS AFTER A FULL ARM WORKOUT AT THE MECCA!!!!

Sunnyday
08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Stephanie's got a new journal?!.........in!

Bronwyn
09-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Good luck Steph.

You looks very good for 12 weeks out, especially with the set back you had. I think what I saw at USAs they are looking for softer look, but with no excessive fat on - what may help you when you have those medicall conditions - and they are looking mainly shapes (V shape the most from what I had seen).

Nice video - you had a very good conditioning there! :yep:

Sandpig
09-01-2011, 06:14 AM
XerJfK1o8y4

AMhr_QMvpYI

gG2Wc11wo-U

The Prodigy
09-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Yahoo....I am following along for sho.....

katt981
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
http://youtu.be/AMhr_QMvpYI

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AMhr_QMvpYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Found this on youtube... Me 4 days after USA's last year :yep:

http://youtu.be/XerJfK1o8y4

Another video of me...CLICK ON THE LINK

CRANKING OUT THE PULLUPS..... THIS IS AFTER A FULL ARM WORKOUT AT THE MECCA!!!!

Sweet! Were you in Venice Beach when you shot this????

stephaniewilles
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Stephanie's got a new journal?!.........in!

Thanks for following Sunny!!!:)

stephaniewilles
09-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Good luck Steph.

You looks very good for 12 weeks out, especially with the set back you had. I think what I saw at USAs they are looking for softer look, but with no excessive fat on - what may help you when you have those medicall conditions - and they are looking mainly shapes (V shape the most from what I had seen).

Nice video - you had a very good conditioning there! :yep:

Thanks Lada, I'm nervous because this is the shortest contest prep I have ever had. With so many girls up on stage looking fabulous it may be a crap shoot to win but I'm gonna try my hardest.
I have a pretty good V taper when I'm leaner in my midsection, right now im a bit square but that will change :)

My plan is to be shredded around 10 days out and then add some carbs the final week to fill out so I'm a little softer but still well conditioned. But all that can change depending on how I look. You know how it goes. So we will see and I'll post all I do!!

stephaniewilles
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes Katt, I was in Venice at the Famous Muscle Beach. It was my one day of feeling like a rockstar. It was a blast!!!

Sandpig thanks for posting the actual video on my thread!!!

stephaniewilles
09-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Start for today was good. Got kiddos off to school. Took dog for walk.
Ate my egg whites and cream of wheat with a bit of cinnamon. Took my vitamins, acidopholous and Animal Pack. Had cup of coffee...yum.

Doing an hour on the spin bike in my living room as I watch Toddlers and Tiara's. Don't ask why I watch it but I do LOL!!!

Later tonight I'll meet my hubby at the gym for chest and abs.

My weight yesterday was 138.2. Will be interesting to see where it will end up.

Have a great day everyone, I'll post my wo from tonight in the morning tomorrow.

Bronwyn
09-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks Lada, I'm nervous because this is the shortest contest prep I have ever had. With so many girls up on stage looking fabulous it may be a crap shoot to win but I'm gonna try my hardest.
I have a pretty good V taper when I'm leaner in my midsection, right now im a bit square but that will change :)

My plan is to be shredded around 10 days out and then add some carbs the final week to fill out so I'm a little softer but still well conditioned. But all that can change depending on how I look. You know how it goes. So we will see and I'll post all I do!!

Well with what I see - no stress :) I think you may do it as this is really good for 12-10 weeks out shape and WPD do not need the hardness of bodybuilders :) Maybe less than you had on those videos :) where you had really nice conditioning! (well - I saw girls shredded on medal places too in WPD, but never first place...)

And yes I am curious togehter with you - hope all will be good with all things around :) ;)

oda321aux
09-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Look great! Good luck at Nationals Stephanie!!!

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Well with what I see - no stress :) I think you may do it as this is really good for 12-10 weeks out shape and WPD do not need the hardness of bodybuilders :) Maybe less than you had on those videos :) where you had really nice conditioning! (well - I saw girls shredded on medal places too in WPD, but never first place...)

And yes I am curious togehter with you - hope all will be good with all things around :) ;)

Agree with Lada, your conditioning looks nice and you aren't carrying any excessive fat or trouble areas in your pics. Sweet vids, too! With 12 weeks to go, I think you have plenty of time to hit it just right. :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. To hear someone thinks I have no trouble areas is fantastic!!! I think my bumm is my trouble area lol!!! Just what Lada said is what I was thinking too to come in at for the show. I need a video camera so I can do some workout videos......

stephaniewilles
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Yesterday...

Chest and Abs

Incline Press on Smiths machine
30lb warm up for 25 reps
2sets of 12 60lbs
2sets of 10 70lbs

Decline Hammer Machine
2 sets of 12 90lbs
2 sets of 12 110lbs

Incline db flyes
4 sets of 10 35lbs

Chest press machine
4 sets 85lbs

Hanging Leg raises
4 sets of 15
Ab Machine
4 sets of 20 30lbs
V crunch
4 sets of 20

dont forget about the 60 min of spin bike that I posted already yesterday =)

stephaniewilles
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Today 9-2-11

Arm day.......

Standing db curl
1 set of 12 20lbs
1 set of 12 25lbs
2 sets of 10 30lbs

Cable kickbacks
4 sets 15 lbs

Preacher curl machine Plate loaded
1 set of 15 55lbs
1 set of 15 60lbs
1 set of 12 65lbs
1 set of 12 70lbs

Overhead tricep ext machine
4 sets 70lbs

double cable bicep curl
4 sets of 15 20lbs each side

Push downs
2 sets of 12 42.5lbs
1 set of 10 50lbs
1 set of 10 52.5lbs

followed by 60 minutes on step mill, had shake directly after, I was starving..
Glad its all done for the day bcs its a busy one. picked up daughter from kinder fed her lunch, headed to the store to buy school supplies for 3 different kids/classrooms and also a baby shower for my sis in law. Shower is tomorrow. =) love baby showers. then pick up boys from school, baseball practice and then coach is throwing a pool/pizza party for the kids. Bummer.... I ll bring my chicken and potato =) yummy!!! Pass on the pizza this time....

Tomorow is on off day which is good since I have to drive 4 hours tomorrow. Hope everyone has a fabulous day and I hope to catch up on our journals on Tuesday as I will not have any children all weekend and plan to spend some time with my hubby!!! Yay!!

stephaniewilles
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Look great! Good luck at Nationals Stephanie!!!

Thank you thank you!!!!:)

katt981
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Great looking arm WO!! 60 minutes on the stepmill... I think I did that once or twice.. totally exhausted me..LOL :hypno:

Sunnyday
09-02-2011, 05:26 PM
STRONG arm WO, girl! Way to grow! :D

The Prodigy
09-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Today 9-2-11

Arm day.......

Standing db curl
1 set of 12 20lbs
1 set of 12 25lbs
2 sets of 10 30lbs

Cable kickbacks
4 sets 15 lbs

Preacher curl machine Plate loaded
1 set of 15 55lbs
1 set of 15 60lbs
1 set of 12 65lbs
1 set of 12 70lbs

Overhead tricep ext machine
4 sets 70lbs

double cable bicep curl
4 sets of 15 20lbs each side

Push downs
2 sets of 12 42.5lbs
1 set of 10 50lbs
1 set of 10 52.5lbs

followed by 60 minutes on step mill, had shake directly after, I was starving..
Glad its all done for the day bcs its a busy one. picked up daughter from kinder fed her lunch, headed to the store to buy school supplies for 3 different kids/classrooms and also a baby shower for my sis in law. Shower is tomorrow. =) love baby showers. then pick up boys from school, baseball practice and then coach is throwing a pool/pizza party for the kids. Bummer.... I ll bring my chicken and potato =) yummy!!! Pass on the pizza this time....

Tomorow is on off day which is good since I have to drive 4 hours tomorrow. Hope everyone has a fabulous day and I hope to catch up on our journals on Tuesday as I will not have any children all weekend and plan to spend some time with my hubby!!! Yay!!

I got tired just reading this! Geezus lady!!!!!!!

Bronwyn
09-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Good workout :)

hope you enojyed your weekend :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Gail, Lada, Thanks I've been hitting it hard cause I feel tiny from my set back with losing all the weight...LOL!!

Sunny!!! OMG so close to your national show, Yay!! Keep up all your hard work girl!! I'm following your journey all the way =)

No kids for 3 days, Went to sis in law baby shower, that was fun. It was a very messed up day food wise. I brought my own but plans changed and I had no where to cook my egg whites or cream of wheat so had to run into a restraunt and got 4 egg whites and a 1/4 cup cottage cheese as substitute. Had a shake in between and then the place we were at a steak house wouldnt let me warm up my food I brought chicken and potato so I had to order a plain chicken breast and baked potato plain. It was fine but I was late on every meal but ended up getting them all in on Saturday. Off day so no training at all that day.

Also I have had on and off again stomach pain since Wednesday. Nothing serious but enough to make me call my doctor today. It started originally just like this so I am not letting it get bad again. Looks like a prescription anti inflammatory may be necessary for long term. Sunday I even skipped my last meal because I was pretty nauseated. When dieting thats not good.... So Im off to take kiddos to school. I'll be back shortly with Sundays Quad/Glute wo and Mondays Shoulder workout.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!!!!

stephaniewilles
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Great looking arm WO!! 60 minutes on the stepmill... I think I did that once or twice.. totally exhausted me..LOL :hypno:

HOpe you had a good weekend, and yes I was toast after 60 min on stepmill. lol much rather do the spin bike lol....:yep:

stephaniewilles
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Sunday 9/4 Quads and Glutes......

Leg Extentions single leg
warm up 20 reps of 30lbs

1 set 15 60lbs
1 set 15 65lbs
1 set 12 75lbs
1 set 10 80lbs

Squats
1 set 15 95lbs
2 sets 12 135lbs
1 set 10 155lbs

Walking Lunges
4 sets of 24 steps 70lb bb on back

Lying leg press
1 set 15 2 plates on each side
1 set 12 3 on one and 2 on another
2 sets 10 3plates on each side

Glute machine
4 sets of 15 70lbs

Was a great workout, felt good but a bit nauseated.

Weight was 136.3

Monday 9/5 Shoulders......
Hammer shoulder press
warm up 20 reps with 25's on each side
4 sets of 10 with 1 plate on each

Single arm shoulder press machine
4 sets of 12 60lbs

bb shrugs
4 sets 12 135lbs

Upright Rows
4 sets 10 65lbs

Lateral db raises
2 sets 12 15lbs
2 sets 12 17.5lbs

Rev Fly machine
1 set 12 75lbs
5 sets 12 90lbs

One hour on Spin bike for me after that.

Called my GI dr and he called me in a prescription for Asacol an anti inflammatory for my colon. I will have to get a colonoscopy by the end of the year to make sure everything is going ok. But as for right now it looks like I will be on meds during my prep. Not happy about it but it shouldnt interfere with my conditioning. And I'm putting my health first, competition 2nd. When not in training would like to get a second opinion maybe and even try some acupunture down the road. Who knows, but I do want to be the healthiest I can be and still do this show.

I'm off to pick up my daughter, then an hour on the spin bike, later today will be back day at the gym. Hoping for more than 15 unassisted pullups today...whooooohooo!!!

Have a good one all!!!!

shankuan
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Nice WO's woman!

Totally agree with putting your health 1st! So many of us take it for granted in lieu of competition 'prep' thinking that we SHOULD just 'suck it up' and work around these 'pains/aches' without making sure we are absolutely ok.

Good luck on those pull ups!

Bronwyn
09-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Steph, I read during this illness the main thing is AVOID STRESS - what is hard to do with a family and sport prep, but is important.... confirmed by one competitor who managed it with same disease... also you have to have a bit luck that you put your prep to the time when the illness relaps/sleeps..... as I heared from the person in our country he had to give up the prep several times, when the illness attacked him again.

I see is pretty difficult and I cross my fingers for you to may do this prep as good as you can! :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Nice WO's woman!

Totally agree with putting your health 1st! So many of us take it for granted in lieu of competition 'prep' thinking that we SHOULD just 'suck it up' and work around these 'pains/aches' without making sure we are absolutely ok.

Good luck on those pull ups!

We can lose sight of that at times and its easy to do. I think those of us who do competitions are obsessive people and give 110%. We dedicate our lives to this and when we dont feel good or something is wrong we tend to, like you said, suck it up. Sometimes even ignoring it all together, which is what I did when I first got sick. I couldnt even take care of myself I got so sick, I just layed on the couch for what seemed like a century, lol!!! So this time I am really paying attention to my body and doing whats best for me!!

Check out the pullup section on my back workout from yesterday!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Steph, I read during this illness the main thing is AVOID STRESS - what is hard to do with a family and sport prep, but is important.... confirmed by one competitor who managed it with same disease... also you have to have a bit luck that you put your prep to the time when the illness relaps/sleeps..... as I heared from the person in our country he had to give up the prep several times, when the illness attacked him again.

I see is pretty difficult and I cross my fingers for you to may do this prep as good as you can! :yep:
Yes I have read that also and I can tell you it is near impossible with a 5, 7 and 8 year old. Add on top of that a 7 month old puppy and training for a show. It can get hard but I was thinking of maybe getting a dvd on meditation. I know it sounds a bit crazy or weird to some, I even have said it, haha, but I think it will really help me to not be so stressed out. To be honest I am naturally a worrier, stresser and have little patience. So I need to better myself so the little things dont get the best of me at times.

I do not want to think about being sick everyday so I try not to think about every ache and pain but I take note of it mentally so I can keep track of my body "issues" but I refuse to worry everyday if this is gonna be it, am I going to be sick again. I started the medicine again yesterday and so far I feel fine. No tummy issues....you keep your fingers crossed and I will too :). Thanks for your support Lada

stephaniewilles
09-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Sept 6 2011

Back......

Pullups (unassisted)
1 set of 20....yes can u believe it super stoked!!
1 set of 18
1 set of 12
1 set of 12

Seated Cable Row with wide bar
4 sets 10 70lbs

One arm db Row
4 sets 10 60lbs

Lat pull down wide grip
4 sets 10 85lbs

Lower back machine
4 sets of 20 60lbs

1 hour on spin bike while watching Beyond Scared Straight!! Love those shows, I know I would crap my pants if I were one of those kids...geessshh!!
Today I felt super strong and really cranked out those pullups. Huge accomplishment!!

stephaniewilles
09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
9-7-11

Hams and Calves

Stiff Deads
warm up with bar x's 15
1 set 15 95lbs
1 set 12 115lbs
2 sets 10 135lbs

Seated leg curl
4 sets of 12 100lbs

Single leg curl kneeling
4 sets of 10 50lbs

Lying leg curl
4 sets 10 80lbs

Standing calf
3 sets of 20 60lbs

Seated calf
3 sets of 20 90lbs

Did 30 min cardio on this stepper thingy with resistance, I'm not sure if I like it or not then did another 30 on the stepmill.

Posing practice today in my garage, we have a big mirror and one up high propped at an angle so you can see your back, so nice to be able to practice at home.(it was almost 100 degrees I think) for about 20-30 minutes. I got my manditories down really good. My husband and I put together the 60 sec routine for prejudging over the weekend so I practiced that also. I feel good about it and am super excited. It can come soon enough!!!!!

Tonight is super busy with an hour and a half of base ball after everyones homework is done and then open house for all three kids...uuggghh!!! I mean yaaayyyy!!!

Talk to ya'll tomorrow
xoxo

elizabethm173
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm in…. and Can't wait to see you here in M.I.A :)

Bronwyn
09-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes I have read that also and I can tell you it is near impossible with a 5, 7 and 8 year old. Add on top of that a 7 month old puppy and training for a show. It can get hard but I was thinking of maybe getting a dvd on meditation. I know it sounds a bit crazy or weird to some, I even have said it, haha, but I think it will really help me to not be so stressed out. To be honest I am naturally a worrier, stresser and have little patience. So I need to better myself so the little things dont get the best of me at times.

I do not want to think about being sick everyday so I try not to think about every ache and pain but I take note of it mentally so I can keep track of my body "issues" but I refuse to worry everyday if this is gonna be it, am I going to be sick again. I started the medicine again yesterday and so far I feel fine. No tummy issues....you keep your fingers crossed and I will too :). Thanks for your support Lada

Yes definatelly this is a good idea with the meditation music. May help. Also some small meditation exercises. I am the same but it also rise cortisol etc.. So I am trying to avoid people which are negative to me and focus at positive small goals. And worriyng about the health do not help - may even worsen the state...

I see meditation music as a good point. What about salt cave ? Here it is pretty popular....

stephaniewilles
09-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes definatelly this is a good idea with the meditation music. May help. Also some small meditation exercises. I am the same but it also rise cortisol etc.. So I am trying to avoid people which are negative to me and focus at positive small goals. And worriyng about the health do not help - may even worsen the state...

I see meditation music as a good point. What about salt cave ? Here it is pretty popular....

Yes, a girlfriend of mine has a dvd with exercises and music for meditation so I am going to borrow it and see how it goes before taking a class or buying my own dvd to do at home. I'm kinda excited about it, now just to find time to actually be able to do it :dunno: LOL!!

Good for you ignoring those who are not a positive in your life, who needs negative people anyways...uggh!
I met a lady at the gym recently, she looked fantastic, we talked for a bit and every word she said was negative, I havent stopped to talk to her again....

Lada what is salt cave, haven't heard of it??

stephaniewilles
09-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Sept 8 Thursday

Chest and Abs

Hammer Incline Press
1 set 35lbs on each side
3 sets 45lbs on each

Cable Flyes
4 sets of 12 20lbs

Hammer Decline Press
4 sets of 12 45lbs each side

Hammer Chest Press
1 set 10 45lbs...pheww, way heavy machine
3 sets 12 35lbs

Crunch on end of bench (knee ups)
4 sets of 20

Hanging leg raises
4 sets 15

Floor Crunches
4 sets 25

45 min cardio on stepmill before weights and 15 more min after.

Was kinda dizzy today during cardo and starving directly after bfast...go figure. Was kinda a weird day in the gym. On the last 15 min on the stepmill this old dude (like 85ish) got on the only other available stepper which was next to me. OMG he was Mr. Stinky Stinkerton, thank goodness it was just for a few minutes...gag...!!!! I was resting between sets and saw these two guys on the machine in front of me and one had the Rockstar symbol on both calves and one had the Monster symbol on both calves...Interesting, so I had to ask what the deal was with that. Apparently they have a friend who tatoos and just needed to practice, so thats what they decided on??? Enough funny stories for one day!!! lol

Definetly missing working out with my hubby everyday. Kids baseball and karate schedules are at night when we normally workout so on those days he goes alone and I have to go in the morning when kiddos are at school. Sucks!! Anyway, feeling pretty good today. Looking forward to the Olympia Expo next weekend!!!

stephaniewilles
09-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm in…. and Can't wait to see you here in M.I.A :)

Thanks for following Elizabeth!! One of my fav names!! :)
My daughters middle name.

I so can't wait to be in Miami!!! Never been and super stoked!! :yep:

Bronwyn
09-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, a girlfriend of mine has a dvd with exercises and music for meditation so I am going to borrow it and see how it goes before taking a class or buying my own dvd to do at home. I'm kinda excited about it, now just to find time to actually be able to do it :dunno: LOL!!

Good for you ignoring those who are not a positive in your life, who needs negative people anyways...uggh!
I met a lady at the gym recently, she looked fantastic, we talked for a bit and every word she said was negative, I havent stopped to talk to her again....

Lada what is salt cave, haven't heard of it??

Well I am negative myself sometimes and have to watch out and learn, but some days I have to cope with stupid people around is very hard.

Salt caves are popular here - is build in some building, usually underground, build from sea and stone salt chrystals and with some unique athmosphere inside - done by wet air which is pushed trough the salt. Is used as relax too - as there you may lay and hear relax music and breathe the salt athmosphere. Also there are usually coloured lights shining during the salt. As we do not have a sea here is good for people with allergies, for neural system and skin condition and relax as well... I wanted to try it too...

stephaniewilles
09-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Well I am negative myself sometimes and have to watch out and learn, but some days I have to cope with stupid people around is very hard.

Salt caves are popular here - is build in some building, usually underground, build from sea and stone salt chrystals and with some unique athmosphere inside - done by wet air which is pushed trough the salt. Is used as relax too - as there you may lay and hear relax music and breathe the salt athmosphere. Also there are usually coloured lights shining during the salt. As we do not have a sea here is good for people with allergies, for neural system and skin condition and relax as well... I wanted to try it too...

I think we all can be negative at times, its only natural really. But usually we can pull ourselves out of a negative slup and continue on. Others are just naturally negative and like to make others as angry at the world as they are, and these are the people I try to avoid. Thankfully I dont run into them all that often =)

I will have to look into the salt cave treatment. It sounds fantastic, very relaxing too!!! Thanks for the info :)

stephaniewilles
09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Sept 9th Friday

Well today is a non training day for me so I will do 60 minutes on my spin bike later this afternoon. Then its kids activities all weekend. 10 weeks from show time!!! Booked my hotel!! We are going to stay in Miami until the day before Thanksgiving and make a vacation out of our trip. I'm so excited!!

Bronwyn
09-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I think we all can be negative at times, its only natural really. But usually we can pull ourselves out of a negative slup and continue on. Others are just naturally negative and like to make others as angry at the world as they are, and these are the people I try to avoid. Thankfully I dont run into them all that often =)

I will have to look into the salt cave treatment. It sounds fantastic, very relaxing too!!! Thanks for the info :)

Well I have a lot of people of this kind around me unfortunatelly and last days it looks that someone - I dont know who - wants to hurt me as a competitor....????? luckily I went off for some time. Hope that year off will bring me more peace...

To salt caves - here is one in my country in Prague - http://www.jeskyne-solna.cz/en/ here you will find better description and will have the idea of it....

stephaniewilles
09-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Ok so this is kinda cool!!!

A websit asked me to do a feature article for the website/blog. They are based out of LA and wanted like a truth vs fiction type of story so I love to write, especially about food!!! Please check out my little feature. I'm excited about it and hopefully one day I will write a book. Kinda wanted to focus on kids health. Oh speaking of that has any moms out there heard all the hubub about the kids diet book called "Maggie goes on a Diet"? Silly name I thought but I think its blown out of proportion. Although I have not read the book. Anyway... here's the link...

http://www.wadidola.com/2011/09/fitness-truths-with-stephanie-willes.html#more

Sunnyday
09-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Cool! Congrats on that writing opportunity! Hope it leads to lots more. Gonna check it out now...

Sunnyday
09-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Really liked your article, Stephanie. So many people wanting to do something "healthy" end up being enticed by advertising and don't take the time to read the label carefully to find out what they are really consuming.

The Prodigy
09-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Ok so this is kinda cool!!!

A websit asked me to do a feature article for the website/blog. They are based out of LA and wanted like a truth vs fiction type of story so I love to write, especially about food!!! Please check out my little feature. I'm excited about it and hopefully one day I will write a book. Kinda wanted to focus on kids health. Oh speaking of that has any moms out there heard all the hubub about the kids diet book called "Maggie goes on a Diet"? Silly name I thought but I think its blown out of proportion. Although I have not read the book. Anyway... here's the link...

http://www.wadidola.com/2011/09/fitness-truths-with-stephanie-willes.html#more

COOL BEANS! I like it! I like it!

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Well I have a lot of people of this kind around me unfortunatelly and last days it looks that someone - I dont know who - wants to hurt me as a competitor....????? luckily I went off for some time. Hope that year off will bring me more peace...

To salt caves - here is one in my country in Prague - http://www.jeskyne-solna.cz/en/ here you will find better description and will have the idea of it....

Lada thats terrible that someone would try to hurt you as a competitor. Damn haters. People only do that kinds of thing when they are insecure about themselves and/or unhappy with their lives and want to bring others that are doing well and happy down to their level of misery!! Be strong, you dont need them in your world!!

On a happier note, ;) I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are feeling wonderfully! I looked at that website, pretty darn cool!!! I am going to check and see if their are any in Las Vegas, if not meditation will be the key!!
Sending hugs!! :hugme:

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
COOL BEANS! I like it! I like it!

Thanks Gail!!!

Really liked your article, Stephanie. So many people wanting to do something "healthy" end up being enticed by advertising and don't take the time to read the label carefully to find out what they are really consuming.

Thanks Sunny! It was so great to be able to write that and I hope that it can be a light bulb moment for alot of people trying to get healthy and fit but not sure what to do, or worse thinking they are doing all the right things based on what the media tells them. Label ready is very important for sure!!! :)

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Saturday Sept 10th

Arms.....

Tricep Dips unassisted
3 sets x 20
1 set x 15

Overhead tricep machine
4 sets x 12 60lbs

Pushdowns with straight bar
4 sets x 12 42.5lbs

Hammer Preacher Curl
1 set x 12 45lbs
3 sets x 10 55lbs

Dumbell Curls
1 set x 10 25lbs
2 sets x 10 27.5lbs
1 set x 10 30 lbs

Double Cable bicep curls
4 sets x 12 20lbs
No cardio today...still craving steak!!! lol

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Sunday Sept 11

Quads & Glutes.......

Squats
warm up with bar x15
1 set x 15 95lbs
1 set x 12 135lbs
1 set x 10 155lbs
1 set x 10 165lbs

Reverse Lunges
1 set x 10 (each leg) 65 lbs
1 set x 10 75lbs
2 sets x 10 80lbs

Leg Press (uggghhh, not feeling it on this exercise)
1 set x 10 2 plates es
1 set x 10 2/3 plates
2 sets x 10 3/plates es
(was super hard for some reason)

Glute machine
4 sets of 12 60lbs

Leg Extention
2 sets x 12 130lbs
2 sets x 10 145lbs

And done!!! I try my hardest to not do cardio on leg day =) I could barely get into my SUV when I was done. I have definetly hit my max strength. 4 weeks of dieting under my belt and I will soon have to lower my weight but I'm really enjoying feeling strong right now =)

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Monday Sept 12

Shoulders.......

Dumbell Shoulder Press
warm up 10lb dumbells x 20
1 set x 10 20lbs
1 set x 10 25lbs
1 set x 10 27.5lbs
1 set x 10 30lbs

Lateral Raises
2 sets/Drop set 20lbs x10, 15lbs x 12, 10lbs x 15
2 sets/Drop set 22.5lbs x 10, 15lbs x 12, 7.5lbs x 15
BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bent over dumbell raises (rear delt)
3 sets x12 17.5lbs
Cable rev flye straight arm
3 sets x 12 7.5lbs

BB upright row
4 sets x10 65lbs

BB Shrugs
4 sets x10 135lbs

45 min of step mill

Ok so I feel like Miss Complainer Pants right now but (deep breathe)

My kids are being rather difficult,not getting ready in the morning like they should and not wanting to eating anything with protein in it,doing homework is like pulling teeth, my schedules running pretty crazy with all their activities and I'm super tired, I was even yawning while on the stepmill today...nuts. I think my medicine is kicking in and my stomach feels great. A side effect is excessive tiredness and I am feeling that for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed I dont get the rash again!!!!

Took the whole family grocery shopping on Sunday after the leg workout, call me a bad mom if you will but bribery does work from time to time. Once every couple weeks I will let the kids have pizza or Mc Donalds , something like that so I bribbed them with jack n the box if they were good at the store hahahahaha!!!
I said if you fold your arms and walk in the store like in the halls at school and I don't have to say anything to you about misbehaving and you dont ask for anything I will take you there. Never in a million did I think all three could actually do it but they showed mom!!!

Did another 30 minutes of posing practice on Sunday with my hubby. Its so much fun to pose, I love it! Other than being really tired and stressed with regular daily stuff the gym is the easiest part of my day!!!

Sunnyday
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Sunday Sept 11

Quads & Glutes.......

Squats
warm up with bar x15
1 set x 15 95lbs
1 set x 12 135lbs
1 set x 10 155lbs
1 set x 10 165lbs

Reverse Lunges
1 set x 10 (each leg) 65 lbs
1 set x 10 75lbs
2 sets x 10 80lbs

Leg Press (uggghhh, not feeling it on this exercise)
1 set x 10 2 plates es
1 set x 10 2/3 plates
2 sets x 10 3/plates es
(was super hard for some reason)

Glute machine
4 sets of 12 60lbs

Leg Extention
2 sets x 12 130lbs
2 sets x 10 145lbs

And done!!! I try my hardest to not do cardio on leg day =) I could barely get into my SUV when I was done. I have definetly hit my max strength. 4 weeks of dieting under my belt and I will soon have to lower my weight but I'm really enjoying feeling strong right now =)

I am the same way, I will do whatever it takes to avoid doing cardio on leg day!

Congrats on getting it all done, girl! Sometimes you just don't feel it like you want and so you just do your best and push it as hard as you can. Nice work! :)

stephaniewilles
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
CRAVINGS :drool:

Sunnyday
09-12-2011, 06:23 PM
:drool:

Bronwyn
09-13-2011, 04:14 AM
good the medicine is working good.

shankuan
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
CRAVINGS :drool:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool:

stephaniewilles
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
I am the same way, I will do whatever it takes to avoid doing cardio on leg day!

Congrats on getting it all done, girl! Sometimes you just don't feel it like you want and so you just do your best and push it as hard as you can. Nice work! :)

Thanks girl!! It was nice to have my husband there on leg day. He doesn't have to say anything I just keep up with him and I know I kicked ass!! Even if I wasn't feel it, but your right just pushed thru and gotter done!!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Tuesday Sept 13

Back.....

Pullups (unassisted) wide grip
1 set 20
1 set 15
1 set 13
1 set 12

Single arm Cable Row (one of my favs)
4 sets x10 42.5

Straight arm pulldowns
4 sets x12 42.5lbs

T bar
1 set x12 45lbs
3 setsx10 55lbs

Lower Back ext
4 sets x20 holding 25lbs

55 min on Stepmill...It rained like crazy here this am and I couldn't take the kids to school as early because I didnt want them on the playground in the rain So thats all I could get in today. A huge difference from yesterday, I felt amazing and the cardio felt easy, well as easy as cardio can get. I had mindless thinking the whole time, thought about my routine and nothing else. It was great to not think, is this over yet, the whole time!!!

Todays a new great day, yesterday was rough, I was stressed and super busy. Ended up at the baseball field for 3 and a half hours last night, omg, it was kinda brutal after the second hour.
So today I'm equally as busy but with only an hour of karate!! I'm off to walk the dog, do some posing practice then time to eat!!! 6oz of chicken and 3 oz of red potato. Makes those ribs look even yummier!!!LOL

I'm so excited about Nationals Ladies, I mean excited!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!!

stephaniewilles
09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
good the medicine is working good.
Thanks Lada, I am 10 weeks out. Exactly the same amount of time I had before the USA's when I got sick :hypno:..EEEEEEKKK!!!

Bronwyn
09-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Thanks Lada, I am 10 weeks out. Exactly the same amount of time I had before the USA's when I got sick :hypno:..EEEEEEKKK!!!

Yes I see - one year after my illness when I ended up in the hospital I was scared too and watched myself carefully, but therefore I was in more stress.... I am crossing my fingers, but do not be too much focused at it... enjoy it. I did not enjoyed it fully back than and now I see it is a pitty :) ;)

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Wednesday..... Hams and Calves
4 sets of stiff dead lifts
4 sets of single leg curl
4 sets of seated leg curl
4 sets of lying leg curl

3 sets seated calf
3 sets standing calf
1 hour of cardio

I went to the Gold's Gym on Flamingo today because it's Olympia week and its fun to see all the fresh faces and bulging muscles. :yep:

With lots of video and camera equipment everywhere, I was just glad it wasn't an upper body part I was working cause it was rough getting around some of the equipment. So I went with a girlfriend of mine and she took some photos of me lifting, posing and one video clip. I was in a rush today because road construction threw me off, I missed my exit and was a bit late. :no:

I am feeling really good again today with minor sets back as far as stress goes. I'm learning to breathe through my own "issues" with lack of patience :hypno:, sometime I really look like this lol!!! So today is going to be a cleaning day for me since all my working out is complete!!

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I recorded this video with my phone, I have no idea why it uploaded sideways...Sorry!!
Is there some special secret I am unaware of to get the youtube video actually posted on my thread and not just the link? Anyone know???

http://youtu.be/KwVre13ecJw

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Dont be laughin at my ab shot, really not my best, I was kinda messing around with it, and the lighting was bad....always blame it on the lighting!!! lol

pfunk
09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Welcome to Gold's Gym east...our poor run-down facility that's only crowded when a major competition is in town!

The one thing I've noticed this year is that almost every visitor has a personal camera man/women with them filming their every move. I figure that's when I'll know I've made it big...for now I have to deal with only being in the background shots!

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Welcome to Gold's Gym east...our poor run-down facility that's only crowded when a major competition is in town!

The one thing I've noticed this year is that almost every visitor has a personal camera man/women with them filming their every move. I figure that's when I'll know I've made it big...for now I have to deal with only being in the background shots!

Haha !!!

I come there once or twice a month maybe and its never busy...EVER!!! Well I always come during the day so it may pick up around 5pm I don't know. I always think its the big shows that keep that gym in business lol.

I had a photographer following me today lol.. my friend Sandy with her camera phone... I've yet to make it big...yet!!!!

I got Charles Glass in the background of one of my shots haha!!!

I love that gym, its hot makes you feel like you got a better workout and the old school equipment is awesome

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Ok here is one more video and then I'm done for today!!!

http://youtu.be/AVOif0yG-wQ

I love posing and had a ton of fun at this show, its from Nov 2010...=)

Does any women bodybuilders or physique girls have any feedback on wearing your hair down?? Mine is getting really long and I want it to be down at Nationals but am really afraid it will just get in the way....thoughts anyone???

pfunk
09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Haha !!!

I come there once or twice a month maybe and its never busy...EVER!!! Well I always come during the day so it may pick up around 5pm I don't know. I always think its the big shows that keep that gym in business lol.

I had a photographer following me today lol.. my friend Sandy with her camera phone... I've yet to make it big...yet!!!!

I got Charles Glass in the background of one of my shots haha!!!

I love that gym, its hot makes you feel like you got a better workout and the old school equipment is awesome

It's never crowded, which is why I like it. Never have to wait on a machine. That back area where your doing the stiff-leg deadlifts is like my own personal area when I'm there! And the few people that workout there are great. I have a blast there on Saturday and Sunday mornings with the regulars.

And while old, there is some equipment you won't find elsewhere. Like that platform your doing the deads on...you get great extension for your hamstrings, and for your lats if you do bent over rows on it.

Sandpig
09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I train at that gym at 4am. Almost completely empty at that time. Thinking about going a little later today since I didn't train this morning.

here's your vid, Steph. Can't help with the sideways deal.

KwVre13ecJw

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I train at that gym at 4am. Almost completely empty at that time. Thinking about going a little later today since I didn't train this morning.

here's your vid, Steph. Can't help with the sideways deal.

KwVre13ecJw

THANK YOU!!!!!
I figured out how to fix the sideways..I fixed it at my youtube profile. So when its done processing I can get you the link and maybe you can share that secret??? haha

That is super early to train, kuddos to you :yep:
It was jammed packed today between 9 and 11 am for sure

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Here is the link for the You tube not sideways video!!!!

http://youtu.be/BrStL831utI

Thanks again!!!

stephaniewilles
09-14-2011, 05:28 PM
It's never crowded, which is why I like it. Never have to wait on a machine. That back area where your doing the stiff-leg deadlifts is like my own personal area when I'm there! And the few people that workout there are great. I have a blast there on Saturday and Sunday mornings with the regulars.

And while old, there is some equipment you won't find elsewhere. Like that platform your doing the deads on...you get great extension for your hamstrings, and for your lats if you do bent over rows on it.

Exactly, I like it when no ones there or few enough people where you dont have to change your workout bcs you cant get on a machine.

I love the swinging squat machine that is awesome!! The platform I was on was set up funny. I couldnt get the 45's on the bar all the way bcs of the other 45's that were being stored there, it was weird. :dunno:

Bronwyn
09-15-2011, 02:48 AM
looking good Steph.
I am missing that gym so much here! I prepared there for my Pacific USA for three weeks!! Is so hard for me to watch now all the people comming to Vegas - missing my girls, hanging out at Orleans Alligator bar, photoshootings, the excitement around, cheering for my PRO friends who are competing...... :byeb:

Is so bad I could not stay there till Olympia - or stay forever! :)

Sandpig
09-15-2011, 06:47 AM
BrStL831utI

pfunk
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Exactly, I like it when no ones there or few enough people where you dont have to change your workout bcs you cant get on a machine.

I love the swinging squat machine that is awesome!! The platform I was on was set up funny. I couldnt get the 45's on the bar all the way bcs of the other 45's that were being stored there, it was weird. :dunno:

If there are plates stored on there, I have to move them. Extra cardio for me (well, racking and unracking of weights is all the cardio I do anyways! at least I consider it cardio)

I don't think it's meant to store the 45 pound plates. But I like it still...it's better than trying to stand and balance on something else to get that extra stretch.

stephaniewilles
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
If there are plates stored on there, I have to move them. Extra cardio for me (well, racking and unracking of weights is all the cardio I do anyways! at least I consider it cardio)

I don't think it's meant to store the 45 pound plates. But I like it still...it's better than trying to stand and balance on something else to get that extra stretch.

I wish thats all the cardio I needed to do? haha That would be awesome!!
I did like the platform minus the plates in the way, I think your right, its not meant for them to be stored there!

Hopefully I will get over there again Saturday after I visit the expo!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
looking good Steph.
I am missing that gym so much here! I prepared there for my Pacific USA for three weeks!! Is so hard for me to watch now all the people comming to Vegas - missing my girls, hanging out at Orleans Alligator bar, photoshootings, the excitement around, cheering for my PRO friends who are competing...... :byeb:

Is so bad I could not stay there till Olympia - or stay forever! :)

Thanks so much, I feel I have alot more detail than the pictures show especially when posing at home. :dunno: But I'm confident I'll be right on at nationals.
I wish you were here tooo :hmn: I would love to train with ya over there! Its just a vibe, or rush of adrenaline going there even if its not busy. You know the pros go there and its in alot of the magazines so even if for a brief moment, you feel pretty famous too :yep:!!!!!!!! I always get a kick ass workout there! I have the same feeling at Venice Beach CA too... The Mecca ;)

Wishing you were here!!!!! :flowers:

stephaniewilles
09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Today is Chest and Abs and I actually get to train with my husband today which is nice so we will go after he gets off work.

I already rode my spin bike for an hour while watching Intervention. What a sad sad story this episode was. The womans own husband got drunk and beat her 4 year old to death. Would be safe to say I would be no longer competing cause I'd be in jail for killing that man. My goodness so terrible. It was rough trying to breathe and crying at the same time. Went to the Library to check out my book for the third time, I really hope I can read it this time. (Sunny, you may be interested in it, so far its an amazing book. Called The Complete Guide to Asbergers Syndrome by Tony Abbott, Ive had alot of insight since begininng to read it, its helped me for sure) I also picked up my friends dog who is visiting New York till Monday. Cute fat bulldog named Macy. She is a bit nervous being away from home but I hope she will relax a bit once she gets used to my house.

Feeling super lean today!!

katt981
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Today is Chest and Abs and I actually get to train with my husband today which is nice so we will go after he gets off work.

I already rode my spin bike for an hour while watching Intervention. What a sad sad story this episode was. The womans own husband got drunk and beat her 4 year old to death. Would be safe to say I would be no longer competing cause I'd be in jail for killing that man. My goodness so terrible. It was rough trying to breathe and crying at the same time. Went to the Library to check out my book for the third time, I really hope I can read it this time. (Sunny, you may be interested in it, so far its an amazing book. Called The Complete Guide to Asbergers Syndrome by Tony Abbott, Ive had alot of insight since begininng to read it, its helped me for sure) I also picked up my friends dog who is visiting New York till Monday. Cute fat bulldog named Macy. She is a bit nervous being away from home but I hope she will relax a bit once she gets used to my house.

Feeling super lean today!!

Oh I have a love/hate relationship with Intervention!! The and Animal Cops...

That's great you got to workout with your husband! It's nice to have a partner to spot you when you need it :)

stephaniewilles
09-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh I have a love/hate relationship with Intervention!! The and Animal Cops...

That's great you got to workout with your husband! It's nice to have a partner to spot you when you need it :)

I think somehow I inherited my moms social worker gene lol, Something about intervention, hoarders, all those weird shows, I cant stop watching them but they are awful sometimes, hard to watch but very true stories ya know. Heart breaking really.

Back to the social worker gene thing... If there is a homeless person or someone selling something or a total stranger... I think I have this tattoo across my forehead that says "please talk to me, I'm a sucker for not being able to say no" wth....:dunno:
I was at a stoplight the other day (like 10 cars back) and this guy walks right up to my car (pedestrian) and tries to sell me his cd....kinda funny I guess.:)

Its getting harder and harder to work out together because of the kids activities, sometimes the only time I have to workout is in the am and he is at work then so I appreciate the days we do get to workout together. Always do legs on Sunday because he will be there when I need that spot!!

stephaniewilles
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Dreams are meaningless unless you're willing to do what it takes to make them reality. And you know what it takes. It's about the discipline, internal strength and daily sacrifice to follow a nutritional plan. And it's about believing in yourself and pushing yourself in the gym beyond all limits - to the point that you've become your own HERO.

Bronwyn
09-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Thanks so much, I feel I have alot more detail than the pictures show especially when posing at home. But I'm confident I'll be right on at nationals.
I wish you were here tooo :hmn: I would love to train with ya over there! Its just a vibe, or rush of adrenaline going there even if its not busy. You know the pros go there and its in alot of the magazines so even if for a brief moment, you feel pretty famous too :yep:!!!!!!!! I always get a kick ass workout there! I have the same feeling at Venice Beach CA too... The Mecca
Wishing you were here!!!!! :flowers:

LOL well LV. Golds is good lighted :D LOL I always had a feeling I look like a freak there :) Especially one place near dumbell rack is good for making pics :D

Yes I know, was at Olymia in 2010, as I had a lot of photoshootings there and I felt welcome there so much I miss it now too.... some pics makes me sad that I will be not there with others :) like I was on the Unreal Party with Pros... or in the gym during the photoshoots... was great time...

Well heading to the next year! I will come! I will come there again :D

stephaniewilles
09-16-2011, 04:37 PM
LOL well LV. Golds is good lighted :D LOL I always had a feeling I look like a freak there :) Especially one place near dumbell rack is good for making pics :D

Yes I know, was at Olymia in 2010, as I had a lot of photoshootings there and I felt welcome there so much I miss it now too.... some pics makes me sad that I will be not there with others :) like I was on the Unreal Party with Pros... or in the gym during the photoshoots... was great time...

Well heading to the next year! I will come! I will come there again :D

Your so cute!!! We will make plans next year, workouts, coffee...you name it =)

stephaniewilles
09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Thursday Chest and Abs...oops forgot ABS WTF????

Ya I cannot believe I forgot to do abs yesterday, didnt even realize it until this am. I'll have to do it tomorrow with Arm day.

Smith Machine Incline Press
3 sets x 12 60lbs
1 set x 12 80lbs

Incline db flyes
4 sets x 12 30lb

Pec Dec
1 set x15 75lbs
3 sets x 12 80lbs

Hammer Decline Press
4 sets x 10 55lbs es

Friday....Non lifting day
Did an hour on my spin bike at home then 30 min of posing. Feeling really good about my 60 sec prejudge routine =)
Even got a shower before 11 am after cardio, which never happens and had time to sip on my coffee and relax on the couch with nothing else to do for 30 minutes. Felt amazing after having some stressful days this week.
After picking up my daughter and gave her lunch she wanted to go to her room and play so again I'm having a bit of free time and in typical mom fashion, I feel guilty about that.
I'm counting down the minutes until my next meal, so hungry...as usual.
Today and tomorrow super busy keeping up with all the Olympia events. Going to the expo tomorrow and maybe the Finals tomorrow night. Will run to Sandhill and Flamingo to do arms after the expo. I really want to get some new workout clothes too.
Shopping anyone...lol

katt981
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
oh geez, I love going to Vegas for shopping and people watching. ha ha...

I think we went to Town Square the last time we were there (just South of Mandalay Bay) quite a few little shops to go into, pretty fun. But I LOVE going into Bellagio and Ceasars shops to dream.......

stephaniewilles
09-16-2011, 06:06 PM
oh geez, I love going to Vegas for shopping and people watching. ha ha...

I think we went to Town Square the last time we were there (just South of Mandalay Bay) quite a few little shops to go into, pretty fun. But I LOVE going into Bellagio and Ceasars shops to dream.......

People watching is the bomb:jump:
Town Square is 10 min from my house. I like it there. I havent been to Ceasares or Bellagio shoppes , just makes me sad :confused:

stephaniewilles
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok my RX Peeps.....

Plane tickets and hotel for Nationals.... BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOHHHH YEEEEAAHHH!!!!!!!! SOBE Here I come!!!!

Sunnyday
09-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Ok my RX Peeps.....

Plane tickets and hotel for Nationals.... BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOHHHH YEEEEAAHHH!!!!!!!! SOBE Here I come!!!!

Woo hoo! That makes it all so much more real, doesn't it?!

stephaniewilles
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Woo hoo! That makes it all so much more real, doesn't it?!

Oh ya for sure!!!! Plus I'm so excited too that I got all my tanning stuff at the Olympia and my NPC Card is purchased. I also have my new suit all thought of in my mind color, style etc. Super excited!!!:yep:

stephaniewilles
09-19-2011, 06:11 PM
It was such a busy weekend for us. Went to the Expo, trained arms and abs at Sandhill/Flamingo Golds, grocery shopped for the week, had coffee with friends at the Bellagio on Sunday and Trained Quads and Glutes Sunday on Stephanie St (yes there is a golds on a street that is my name, lol, I call it my gym :) heehee) If my eyes do not decieve me, I think I saw a few Physique Pros at the Expo and they are pretty darn tiny. Messed with my head quite a bit for a few days but you know what I am bringing the best me their is I have to stop questioning am I too big, too small, too hard, too soft. It gets stressful and my gosh I have enough stress in my life lol!! So I'm going with what I think and how I will look my best. We will see what happens come Nov. I'm still excited tho, and check out my pictures from the weekend!! I loaded up on Pro tan, got me a little mini nutrition store going on in my house thanks to Champion Nutrition, J&J Nutrition (eastern & serene) and also I got some sample stuff from the Expo. Theres a bag full of protein bars and I also got 6 ABB sample speed stack shots but they arent in the picture. My favorite part of the weekend was getting a photo opp with Yaxani, whom in my opinion should have won....AGAIN!!!!! LOL!! :yep: Also I ran into Suzanne at the gym, was so great to meet you in person girl!! Should have gotten a pic of us together:) Enjoy my pics....
Today was shoulders, did same ol same ol, didnt switch it up at all just had very little rest between sets and did 45 min on the step mill today. Visited the dentist for a filling....ugggh ( still have 3 more to go) yikes!!! Busy busy day!!!

katt981
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I LOVE getting samples at shows!!!! Sounds like a great time~!

stephaniewilles
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
With every passing day, I feel more and more accomplished. I have the support of a wonderful husband and some pretty great kiddos too!! I feel very lucky to have all that I do, and thankful for my health because I will not take that for grantid (sp) again. My husband says he is taking me out this weekend, for anything I want to do (except eat out of course, lol) so I live in Vegas...hmmmm what should I do!? A show or something maybe, I dont know. It will be a great weekend for sure though.

I also wanted to share a photo with ya of my cute little Shitzu, Flex. I thought they were lap dogs from what I read about them but oh no, I think my dog is crossed somehow with a grey hound haha!! I take him for a walk on a path in our neighborhood and let him off the leash, he chases the kids on there bikes, like sprinting after them, then back to me and so on. Its hilarious!!

stephaniewilles
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I LOVE getting samples at shows!!!! Sounds like a great time~!

I love the sample too!! I loaded lol, alot of the stuff is high calorie stuff and I cant have it now but I had some dymatize cookies and cream protein, ooohhh.... to die for :yep:!!!!!!!!!!!

stephaniewilles
09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
So far a successful day...... the only thing missing..... A SHOWER!!!!! lol

Back.....
Wide grip pullups

Single arm cable row seated
4 sets

Lat pulldown
4 sets

Bent over bb row ( so fun, havent done this in a year i think)
4 sets

Lower back ext
4 sets

50 minutes on the step mill Whoooo........!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not posting my weight bcs its pretty much the same and I'm doing about 10 to 12 reps sometimes 15, just listening to my body really, pushing hard :yep:
20 min posing practice, gotta love the desert, posing in the garage in 95 degree weather should get me tuned up for on stage

katt981
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
how did you break through getting so many pull ups? It seems I'm stuck in the 4-5 range, it's so frustrating!

As for the weekend - wahoo! We saw the "O" show at Bellagio, I really want to see it again! There is always so much going on in the Circ shows I can't watch everything at once! LOL

We are coming down there the end of October (halloween weekend) love that time of year in Vegas! totally pleasure trip, so no diet involved WHATSOEVER! :no:

stephaniewilles
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I woke up this morning with an idea of throwing in a few extra exercises to get some fine tuning in my glute area :yep:, so I took a pre workout drink ABB Speedshot Lemon Lime, it was awesome! I felt great kick butt during my workout. I got it done in about 45 min and then did an hour on the stepmill. As I started the stepmill I felt extremely nausiated and I almost stopped I felt so bad. I know it was from no rest and doing supersets during my lifting. I know I said I don't do all that but hey it was torture and for some reason I was up for that today. Why anyone wants to do high intensity high rep with no rest is beyond me, its awful and very hard, lol!!! I would much rather do heavy weight low rep with long periods of rest :). Back to my story....
So as I was deliberating with myself about to finish or not (body was exhausted) all I could think about was winning, win win win!!!!! Dont get me wrong, I know there are a ton of you ladies busting your asses just as much as me for either the same show or another but it's refreshing to me to be able to document and read back on my struggles and triumphs through this journal. I was white knuckled holding on to the stepmill and not about to adjust the speed, I was going to finish because I'm not doing this to lose and a winner wouldn't stop. So I kept going and with about 20 minutes left I managed to get a second wind, stood up straight and plowed through those stairs like they were nothing. I was amazed that after all I had done and how tired I was and how sick to my stomach I felt I actually talked myself into being able to do it. I am a strong person physically but I had to have it in my mind as well. So I guess it just goes to show, You never know how strong you really are....ever!! I think you just have believe and want something bad enough and you can do it.

I know competing is also about having fun and meeting new people and not just about winning, but I will do my very best and bring my very best in hopes the judges agree with all my hardwork. And if I don't I will know I gave it all I had and I will still have fun, cause if your not you shouldn't be doing this. (but i still wanna win;))
All that being said here is today's workout:
Hamstrings and calves

Stiff deads super set with db stepups 4 sets
12 reps deads, then 40 step ups 20 each leg holding 15lb dumbells

Lying leg curl super set with body weight squats (50rep ps)
6 sets

Triset horizontal calf, standing calf and body weight lunges (35 steps)
3 sets

Single leg curl 6 sets total no rest between legs

60 min on stepmill

I'm limiting my computer time to 30 minutes a day bcs it is so addictive lol and I have so much to do so if I'm neglecting your journals I'm sorry and will post as soon as I can. Thank you all for keeping up with mine!! :hugme:

The Prodigy
09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I woke up this morning with an idea of throwing in a few extra exercises to get some fine tuning in my glute area :yep:, so I took a pre workout drink ABB Speedshot Lemon Lime, it was awesome! I felt great kick butt during my workout. I got it done in about 45 min and then did an hour on the stepmill. As I started the stepmill I felt extremely nausiated and I almost stopped I felt so bad. I know it was from no rest and doing supersets during my lifting. I know I said I don't do all that but hey it was torture and for some reason I was up for that today. Why anyone wants to do high intensity high rep with no rest is beyond me, its awful and very hard, lol!!! I would much rather do heavy weight low rep with long periods of rest :). Back to my story....
So as I was deliberating with myself about to finish or not (body was exhausted) all I could think about was winning, win win win!!!!! Dont get me wrong, I know there are a ton of you ladies busting your asses just as much as me for either the same show or another but it's refreshing to me to be able to document and read back on my struggles and triumphs through this journal. I was white knuckled holding on to the stepmill and not about to adjust the speed, I was going to finish because I'm not doing this to lose and a winner wouldn't stop. So I kept going and with about 20 minutes left I managed to get a second wind, stood up straight and plowed through those stairs like they were nothing. I was amazed that after all I had done and how tired I was and how sick to my stomach I felt I actually talked myself into being able to do it. I am a strong person physically but I had to have it in my mind as well. So I guess it just goes to show, You never know how strong you really are....ever!! I think you just have believe and want something bad enough and you can do it.

I know competing is also about having fun and meeting new people and not just about winning, but I will do my very best and bring my very best in hopes the judges agree with all my hardwork. And if I don't I will know I gave it all I had and I will still have fun, cause if your not you shouldn't be doing this. (but i still wanna win;))
All that being said here is today's workout:
Hamstrings and calves

Stiff deads super set with db stepups 4 sets
12 reps deads, then 40 step ups 20 each leg holding 15lb dumbells

Lying leg curl super set with body weight squats (50rep ps)
6 sets

Triset horizontal calf, standing calf and body weight lunges (35 steps)
3 sets

Single leg curl 6 sets total no rest between legs

60 min on stepmill

I'm limiting my computer time to 30 minutes a day bcs it is so addictive lol and I have so much to do so if I'm neglecting your journals I'm sorry and will post as soon as I can. Thank you all for keeping up with mine!! :hugme:

I love this! Ever look back after a LOOOOONG day and say to yourself "How the hell did I do all that today?" I do that almost everyday and I don't even go to the gym!

stephaniewilles
09-21-2011, 03:28 PM
how did you break through getting so many pull ups? It seems I'm stuck in the 4-5 range, it's so frustrating!

As for the weekend - wahoo! We saw the "O" show at Bellagio, I really want to see it again! There is always so much going on in the Circ shows I can't watch everything at once! LOL

We are coming down there the end of October (halloween weekend) love that time of year in Vegas! totally pleasure trip, so no diet involved WHATSOEVER! :no:

The best way to accomplish the pullups is to use the assisted machine to make progress or have a spotter that can help you only when you need it and then pump out as many as you can to fatique with a little help from the spotter. Also if you jump up to chin above bar and slowly lower yourself down for as many reps as you can and that will help give you some strength too. It has taken my years but finally I can do it. In the offseason when I'm 20lbs heavier I cannot do more than 6 or 8 lol.

Yes I would love to see a Circ de Solei show, its just a matter of picking one. I was going to go to livingsocial.com and see what deal I can get. Locals can get 2 tickets for the price of one tho on alot of the shows which is nice.

I dont blame you one bit for not dieting while in Vegas, we have the best food here and so many choices!!! October is beautiful weather too!!

stephaniewilles
09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I love this! Ever look back after a LOOOOONG day and say to yourself "How the hell did I do all that today?" I do that almost everyday and I don't even go to the gym!

LOL Gail!!!! I have ALOT of days that I look back and say that...alot!!! hahaha

stephaniewilles
09-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Today is a great day!!!! Getting alot of things done today and going to hit Golds tonight with my hubby for Chest and Abs and I'll try not to forget them this week. haha. I did do them however on Arm day last week so they were not left out!!! I'll post that workout tomorrow since it will be late tonight.

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Okie Dokie.......

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks till Nationals!! Whoohoo!!:yep:
Yesterday I trained Chest and Abs (yes I remembered)

Did my usual workout:
Incline hammer Press 4 sets
decline hammer 4 sets
db incline flyes 4 sets
chest press machine 4 sets
hanging leg raises 3 sets
ab machine 3sets
knee ups on bench 3 sets
60 min on spin bike

I felt good, little soreness in my right wrist but that has been there for a few days, it doesnt hurt tho, so its weird.

Also I am noticing based on the mirror and scale that I am retaining some water, mostly in my abs and legs. I look up my anti inflammatory meds(for the ulcerative colitis) and it does say that is a side effect. I am a bit heavy with the salt shaker as well.... I know its bad but I love salt. I remember breaking off pieces of the horses salt blocks in the stalls as a kid and eating it. Thats how much I love salt!! Usally I stop using salt all together 2 weeks from show day and I am fine. But with having a new card in the deck by that I mean my meds I dont want to take any chances so I am done with the salt and going to use Mrs. Dash and my meds are out of my system in 12 hours so I'm going to not take them till Monday and see what happens. So kinda a trail run to see where I'm at but with plenty of time before the show so I know exactly what I need to do for on stage. Keeping fingers crossed that I can manange without the meds for a few days with out pain or flare ups so the water can drop. Also I think I am going to cut out all artificial sweetners :confused: maybe, just maybe that is not doing my stomach any good. I dont know but its worth a shot!!

I think we are going to go see a comedy show tonight or just go to the movies, looks like the locals deal at the vegas shows are no longer, so sad!! Have a good weekend RX Fam!! I'll be back Monday with a report on my experiment!!! lol :yep:

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Did cardio today, Friday, off day for weight training so I am done for the day =)

katt981
09-23-2011, 05:48 PM
have fun on your weekend, whatever you do! :)

I had to laugh about the comment on the Horse salt blocks.. I remember tasting those when I was a kid...LOL

oh, and on another note that you asked earlier.. I think I will look into shows for 2012 in our area, that way I can re-figure my budget for the year and see when I can get this to happen ! :yep: We have local ones in April and October here, and there are others in Seattle (about 5 hrs away) if I opt for that ;)

stephaniewilles
09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
have fun on your weekend, whatever you do! :)

I had to laugh about the comment on the Horse salt blocks.. I remember tasting those when I was a kid...LOL

oh, and on another note that you asked earlier.. I think I will look into shows for 2012 in our area, that way I can re-figure my budget for the year and see when I can get this to happen ! :yep: We have local ones in April and October here, and there are others in Seattle (about 5 hrs away) if I opt for that ;)

:drool: just thinking of the horse salt blocks makes my mouth water lol, seriously I would break hunks out of it and not lick it just eat it, :drool:
Hahahahahahahaaha

I'm so excited for you!!!! :yep: OOOHHH so COOL!! Picking your first show!! You should do something in April!! Its sooner!! lol

Well I will definetly be keeping up on that journal, so count me in!!! You have a support system here for sure!!

Have a great weekend too!!!!:flowers:

Bronwyn
09-26-2011, 05:09 AM
I think the extra water may be from the medicine, especially come corticoids does that very heavily and are very offten given to crohn disease patiens! I have same problems with thyroid gland, but well I say to myself, as far as it is only the water, it will be fixed the last week. If the fat is gone in real (and no blaming it to be a "water" - than no stress about the water till 7 days out! :D

And I would not cut the salt too soon precontest, as there will be no significant manipulation without some stabile intake before. So well not to overdo it, but I still use salt to my meals till one week precontest. And than the manipulation starts.... Just the artificial sweeteners may be pain in the a** - I am not using them when is not necessary and I rather take a piece of some low carb fruit like kiwi or water melon, than sweeteners - and guess even the cutting than goes the better way....

stephaniewilles
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi there ladies, :)

I have been so busy since Friday I haven't even opened my laptop since. So I have a few minutes and wanted to catch up.

So my meds are minimal water retentive but in my experiment I lost 2 lbs of water, had to be water because it was within the first 24 hrs and that and not taking in alot and I mean alot of salt, those are the only things that I changed. I figured it was that. So I started back up on Monday because I was feeling a tiny bit of pain. I know what I need to do now so I can rest assured that I will still look good and be confident in where I am.

As far as the artificial sweeteners go I just cut back. So instead of drinking crystal light all day I just drink plain ol water. Put sweetener in my coffee or tea and cream of wheat and thats it. I also cut my coffee to one cup a day because every time I had it my stomach was crampy. Uggghhh, I"m full of issues aren't I!!! Everyday dealing with what can I do and not do is getting frustrating :dunno:

Everyday I am thankful I am healthy and able to continue on this rode to Nationals and hope, hope, hope it stays that way.

So I'm not posting my workouts from the weekend because they are the same, pretty much with weight reps etc a bit different. I will tell you though that I squatted 175lbs for 10 reps and stiff deads 10 reps at 155lbs, I have been feeling super strong.

Today was a hectic day at the gym I had 50 min to tan and do hams and calves so I had to superset (no biggie) ended up not being able to get on the lying leg curl so had to finish off by doing 4 extra sets on the single leg kneeling curl. it was a day I had no time to talk, rest or wait for a machine so I got it done and am going to start my cardio in about 10 min here at home on my spin bike.

Less than 8 weeks out, I am ahead of schedule, started tanning, picked up on my posing practice a bit, and oh that reminds me I also picked my music for my routine :yep: I am going to custom order my suit in a couple weeks and I'm super excited about that. So for now ladies I am out of here, hope your all well :hugme:

stephaniewilles
09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I think the extra water may be from the medicine, especially come corticoids does that very heavily and are very offten given to crohn disease patiens! I have same problems with thyroid gland, but well I say to myself, as far as it is only the water, it will be fixed the last week. If the fat is gone in real (and no blaming it to be a "water" - than no stress about the water till 7 days out! :D

And I would not cut the salt too soon precontest, as there will be no significant manipulation without some stabile intake before. So well not to overdo it, but I still use salt to my meals till one week precontest. And than the manipulation starts.... Just the artificial sweeteners may be pain in the a** - I am not using them when is not necessary and I rather take a piece of some low carb fruit like kiwi or water melon, than sweeteners - and guess even the cutting than goes the better way....

I'm pretty sure it was and also me not using the salt shaker at all. I wanted just to see the changes based on that so I'm using salt again, just not as much, because I was seriously using way to much before. I love artificial sweeteners, they are in so much stuff. I just think every liquid I consumed through out the day had them in it and I dont want that so I changed a few things here and there but am super happy with the way I look and am looking forward to the show.

My new found love is Walden Farms honey dijon dressing on my tuna, oh so delightful!!!! :drool:

Bronwyn
09-29-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it was and also me not using the salt shaker at all. I wanted just to see the changes based on that so I'm using salt again, just not as much, because I was seriously using way to much before. I love artificial sweeteners, they are in so much stuff. I just think every liquid I consumed through out the day had them in it and I dont want that so I changed a few things here and there but am super happy with the way I look and am looking forward to the show.

My new found love is Walden Farms honey dijon dressing on my tuna, oh so delightful!!!! :drool:
1. - yes that may be the reason of bloating, I also used a lot of Chrystal light in USA as we do not have it here, we have something similar, but the variety of flavoures is small... in fact berry, orange and lemon, that is all... so I really enjoyed Chrystol light, but ended it up 14 days precontest to be sure.....

2. - that is important and super... just continue in that :D

stephaniewilles
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Tonight doing chest and abs. Finished my hour on the spin bike at home just now and sat down for a nice cup of blueberry tea!! Super yummy. I went to the store today without any children in tow so I was taking my time looking for some yummy flavored tea and I found this amazing calorie free syrup, Torani is the name of it, who knew....Well I didnt lol so I bought some hazelnut flavor and some more Walden Farms Honey Dijon dressing.
The excitement of my day!! hahaha

I added a picture of these recent favorites I purchased!

stephaniewilles
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
1. - yes that may be the reason of bloating, I also used a lot of Chrystal light in USA as we do not have it here, we have something similar, but the variety of flavoures is small... in fact berry, orange and lemon, that is all... so I really enjoyed Chrystol light, but ended it up 14 days precontest to be sure.....

2. - that is important and super... just continue in that :D

I love Crystal Light too just trying to stay away from all the sweetner so I bought the flavored tea as an option for sweetness :)

I need to just suck this up and stop being a baby!! lol

Thank you so much Lada for all your support, suggestions and motivation!

pfunk
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Did you find the Walden Farms dressing in a supermarket or did you get it online? They say they have them at Albertsons here in Vegas but I have been unable to find it.

katt981
09-29-2011, 05:00 PM
same here Pfunk - I did find the chocolate syrup at Albertsons where I live, in the natural foods isle. But that's all I found...:confused:

The Prodigy
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Did you find the Walden Farms dressing in a supermarket or did you get it online? They say they have them at Albertsons here in Vegas but I have been unable to find it.

The supermarket chain Jewel in Chicago sells Walden Farm products. You can find everything but the marsh mellow, peanut butter and flavored syrups.

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 10:24 AM

I find my Walden products at Smith's actually. The only thing they dont carry is the BBQ sauce but I put in a request for it actually yesterday!! I hope they will start soon. Its in the section by the vitamins and diet foods.I"m not sure about Albertson's I only go there when the chicken's on sale. :)

pfunk
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I find my Walden products at Smith's actually. The only thing they dont carry is the BBQ sauce but I put in a request for it actually yesterday!! I hope they will start soon. Its in the section by the vitamins and diet foods.I"m not sure about Albertson's I only go there when the chicken's on sale. :)

I go to Smiths alot, but never looked. On the Walden website it says Albertsons carries them so that's why I looked around there!

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I go to Smiths alot, but never looked. On the Walden website it says Albertsons carries them so that's why I looked around there!

Ya check it out, all Smiths seem to be set up differently so if you cant find it ask a manager...

I was there today actually and got 8 value packs of chicken for $35. There split chicken breast are on sale for .99lb, so if you like chicken hit it up before tuesday at mindnight!!!

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 06:13 PM
So Golds got a new ab machine so I tested that out yesterday. It was ok, nothing special really and I'm not sore, but my abs get sore only a little bit from time to time. But my chest....oh my another story, I can feel the soreness just sitting still. Always happens when I do cable flyes. One of my favorite exercises!! I love watching my chest work while doing the exercise and my arms pop also http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/1popcorn.gif lol

Today is a non training day so I sat on my spin bike in the living room and watched What not to Wear for an hour and really pushed up my rpm's the last few days.

I did a non intentional cheat (if thats even possible) I was window shopping and found a cute coffee shop, they had sugar free white moca syrup, no calories and so I ordered it but it was a latte, which of course has non fat milk but they use a cup of it so dang it I got like an extra 100 calories. shoot http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/confused.gif I just wasnt thinking but when I got home it all hit me at once what I had done...I'm not dwelling on it though and moving on.

I swear I'm so starving and have never been this hungry throughout prep before. But I'm sticking it out because I just know it will pay off in the end.

Saturday we will hit arms and Sunday Quads and Glutes, Ill get some pics and video from both days if I can.
Have a great weekend everyone http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

stephaniewilles
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I actually had 45 minutes of available time today, well I should have been cleaning but I think I got to respond to most everyones journals!!! I was excited to catch up on some really great journals ladies!!!:yep:

:hmn:

stephaniewilles
10-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Saturday was 7 weeks from show day!!! I'm feeling great and my weight has dropped a few more pounds. Practicing posing with my husband over the weekend I was really happy with even my worst body part, my butt!!!

I have played a few mind games in my head as of lately with thoughts and fears of getting sick but I'm try oh so hard not to think or focus so much on that right now. Everyday brings me closer to my goal and I have a huge desire to accomplish what I set out to do this year. Could this be my year?? Who knows but I've got a fire lit under my ass and thats sure gonna help me get there!!!!

Saturday and Sunday were great workouts. I shot some video with my phone camera and my regular camera, both of which had poor quality because all my detail is washed out in the video even with the good lighting of the gym. See below a few of the videos and my workouts from this weekend.

http://youtu.be/jnS5AgnlWQY

http://youtu.be/KhFsuVpYyf4

http://youtu.be/TU1hKLWIkEo

Arm day

Tricep dips
1 set of 25 body weight
3 sets of 150lbs on machine
Push downs
4 sets 50lbs
Overhead extentions
4 sets
Dumbell curls
1 set 25lb
3 sets 30lb
Bicolator
4 sets 110lbs
Preacher curl machine
4 sets 70lbs

It felt great and I was so pumped I couldn't scratch my head or bend my arms all the way.. gotta love that feeling :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Sunday Quad day

Squat
95lb x15
135 x 12
155 x 12
185 x 10

Stationary Lunges
2 sets reverse lunges 85lbs
2 sets forward lunges 85lbs

Leg press
2 plates es x 15
2/3 plates x 12
3 plates es x 10 for 2 sets

Butt blaster
4 sets on plate 5 of 15 reps

Leg extention
4 sets 90lbs (super heavy machine) x 12 reps

http://youtu.be/Ovi2UKP6DMchttp://youtu.be/Ovi2UKP6DMc

http://youtu.be/odBthhh-oF8http://youtu.be/odBthhh-oF8

http://youtu.be/aI879yQznZQ

Again lighting sucked but you can see me working out a bit anyway!!

pfunk
10-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Looking good! Btw, what's the Bicolator?

stephaniewilles
10-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Looking good! Btw, what's the Bicolator?

Thanks pfunk!!!

LOL Its the one machine where you sit down for bicep curls arms out to the side up high oh and its white lol in the row of bicep curl machines at sandhill and flamingo. I dont think thats the "official" name but I like to call it that haha:)

stephaniewilles
10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Had a great shoulder workout today with 45 min on the stepmill.

Dumbell shoulder press
20lbs x 15
25lbs x 15
30lbs x 12
35lbs x 10

Shoulder machine
4 sets 50lbs x 12

shrugs
4 sets 135 x 12

upright rows
4 sets 65lbs x 12

later raise standing machine
4 sets 10lbs (thing was crazy heavy, first time using this one)

Rev fly on pec dec
6 sets 90lbs x 12

And a shot of my abs lol, that i took myself with my phone just after the gym today lol

Suzanne
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Love the videos!!! 7 weeks!!

katt981
10-03-2011, 07:51 PM
nice vid's - :) Great job on the squats!

I swear I get so frustrated with my legs - they are the weakest thing on my body :mad: At least I feel that way.

stephaniewilles
10-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Love the videos!!! 7 weeks!!

Thanks Suzanne!!!! Whoooo!! Can't wait, so excited!!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
nice vid's - :) Great job on the squats!

I swear I get so frustrated with my legs - they are the weakest thing on my body :mad: At least I feel that way.

Thanks so much Kat! I actually love squatting now because I can do so much :)
My legs where stick thin like 3 years ago. Thats why I split my leg day up into
Quads/Glutes on day and Hams/calves another day so I could focus more on the each. Squatting and lunging are the best things you can do. If they are your weakest area I would say do them the first day of the week when your the strongest. I do them on Sunday....and BAMMM They are done. :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
What a great day!!! Its been raining or drizzling for most of the day. It makes me want to curl up on my couch and have an 80's movie marathon with all you can eat popcorn!! :yep:
But I passed on that today and got an hour of cardio and 30 min of posing done before 10:30am. I feel great and will do Back tonight with my husband.
I will post my back workout tomorrow cause it will be late workout.

Weird Science....on my top 5 list of fav 80's movies. Bet you can guess what my number one favorite is....!!!

katt981
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks so much Kat! I actually love squatting now because I can do so much :)
My legs where stick thin like 3 years ago. Thats why I split my leg day up into
Quads/Glutes on day and Hams/calves another day so I could focus more on the each. Squatting and lunging are the best things you can do. If they are your weakest area I would say do them the first day of the week when your the strongest. I do them on Sunday....and BAMMM They are done. :yep:

I agree - we split them a while ago just for a bit, did quad dominant and ham dominant days. I need to really work on my form - it seems I come up 'crooked' when I squat. I tend to push more with my right leg :mad:

stephaniewilles
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree - we split them a while ago just for a bit, did quad dominant and ham dominant days. I need to really work on my form - it seems I come up 'crooked' when I squat. I tend to push more with my right leg :mad:

I feel its the best way to gain size in the whole leg by doing the split like that. I was like that too for awhile, my hip was actually titled a bit, had the chiro adj it and went down in weight doing higher reps up to 15 before I added more weight. I think I had an imbalance in muscle and it created the tilt. I used to run alot (funny i know) its awful for your body. my hips were out knees shot, feet hurt, lower back always ached. Stopped running and just lifting, I go to the chiro every 3 months and I'm much better than I was before. so long story short...maybe u should lower your weight and try higher reps before adding more weight and really focus on the left leg when your pushing up?

stephaniewilles
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
ABOVE.... I meant tilted not titled lol

pfunk
10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
LOL Its the one machine where you sit down for bicep curls arms out to the side up high oh and its white lol in the row of bicep curl machines at sandhill and flamingo. I dont think thats the "official" name but I like to call it that haha:)

Ok, I know of that machine. I can't get a good feel from that machine tho and use the cables instead for that type of movement.

I think it's smart to split the legs into two days, front and back. When I first started out, I use to have one session for legs. But if you hit it hard (which you should!), you'd have a tough time walking for the next few days! Now, either my quads, hams and/or glutes would be sore...but not all together!

Bronwyn
10-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Great deep abs Steph! Good work!

stephaniewilles
10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok, I know of that machine. I can't get a good feel from that machine tho and use the cables instead for that type of movement.

I think it's smart to split the legs into two days, front and back. When I first started out, I use to have one session for legs. But if you hit it hard (which you should!), you'd have a tough time walking for the next few days! Now, either my quads, hams and/or glutes would be sore...but not all together!

Really, I love it because it isolates so well and I get a great burn from it. I go light because if you go to heavy then you cant really feel it. In my experience anyway.

I agree splitting legs is the way to go!!! :yep: When I first started I did everything one day a week, then I decided to everything two days a week, that was awful and I could never fully recover. So after a year of that bull crap I finally did the right thing which was to split it. I remember the first time I did it was so weird only having my quads fatiqued I felt off balance and was hoping I didnt have to go chasing after a kid or something for fear I may fall down. LOL!!

stephaniewilles
10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Great deep abs Steph! Good work!

Thanks Lada!!!

I"m getting so close!!!!

stephaniewilles
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Tuesday.....BACK DAY

Unassisted Wide Grip Pullups

Underhand seated row
4 sets 12 40lbs

Cable Lat Pulldown
4 sets 12 85lbs

Dumbell Rows
4 sets 10 60lbs

Lower Back Extentions
4 sets 20 with 25lbs

stephaniewilles
10-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Wednesday....Hamstrings and Calves

Stiff Deads
15, 95 lbs
12, 115lbs
10, 135lbs for 2 sets

Seated leg curl
4 sets x 12 120lbs

Lying leg curl
4 sets 90lbs x 12

Single leg curl
4 sets x 12 40lbs

donkey calf
3 sets x 15 of 180lbs

Seated calf
2 sets x20 of 105

Standing calf
1 set x 20 100lbs
(someone took my seated calf so had to move on, was super setting with hams to kill time)

Today I tanned, lifted and did 45 min on step mill all in an hour and a half. I was toast. But I felt great when it was all done. Weight is down a bit more today so I may have a cheat meal in my near future!! We will see what happens but may just add in some more clean foods instead.

stephaniewilles
10-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I would like to give a shout out to my friends at Champion Nutrition who sent me all these free products.

I love Champion and have been using it for about 2 years now. I wont be switching because I love the high quality protein and amazing flavors. They also sent me the Muscle Nitro PM, which I have not tried before. This could be nice if its like Tylenol PM haha. Will have to take it when I dont have kiddos at home!

stephaniewilles
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Woke up this morning feeling super tight and lean. I love that feeling. I'm also tanning so I'm getting kinda dark just after a week of doing it.

I did my hour of cardio this am, praticed posing and walked the dog. I"m watching a girlfriends son for the afternoon because we are swapping kids one day a week so we have a whole day to ourselves for some "ME" time which is amazing!! My day was Monday and went and got a pedicure.

Chest and Abs tonight with my hubby. :)

katt981
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
That's a GREAT idea! you need some 'me' time every once and a while :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-10-2011, 04:10 PM
So on Friday oct 7th I had a non training day and just did my usual cardio. Chest and Abs the previous day went really well. Got everything done last week that I needed to along with keeping my sanity!! http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/1nuts.gif

Normally we train at what i like to call "MY GYM" because its Golds on Stephanie St (lol) http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif but we really like to go to the Flamingo Golds and have never used there daycare for the kids before so we called twice on Friday just to make sure the correct times and copies of immunizations etc. So we get there and they are freaking closed. I was PISSED!!! http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/mad.gif By the time we drove all the way across town to the other gym there daycare would be closed. The people at the desk could tell we were the type of people that werent just not going to workout today because of it. They were sympathetic and even offered to watch the kids at the front desk while we worked out. While that was nice and all I new they probably wouldnt do the best job so we had to get creative! I went into the gym and did 2 sets of bi's and 2 sets of tri's supersetting them then walked back to the front desk, tagged in my husband and then it was his turn to do his sets while I watched the kids.So we did that until all sets where completed for biceps and tripceps, took about an hour and a half lol but hey we got it done.

Sunday was quads and glutes, the hardest day of the week, the day I like to have out of the way, hence doing it on Sundays http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I got alot of sleep, at least 8 hrs every night over the weekend. I felt fine but as soon as I hit the gym, my goodness I just felt like I was hit by a truck. Tired, achy, and just wanted to go home. I haven't had a day in the gym like that in gosh I can't even remember, it's been that long ago. The biggest mental struggle I've ever had to push thru each rep and each set to the next exercise. Wow, it was super rough. I was afraid to go heavier than 135lbs on the squats because my focus was just not there at all I didn't want to injure myself. I still was able to do everything else at my normal weight and intensity but just didn't even feel like I did a good job at all and was happy to go home that day. I was disappointed in my workout to say the least. Before I got into bed I already had stiffness in my quads and glutes and just couldn't believe it and this morning woke up very, very sore. WTH?? Well I guess I did something right and my quad workout wasn't a lost cause on that day. It was a struggle non the less.

I woke up today feeling very good, no cheat meal yet http://www.siouxcountry.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
Oh well I probably wont have one now anyway just add clean foods if I need it. Cannot wait until the show!!! Yahhoooo!!!

Shoulders and 45 min on the step mill today along with tanning and some posing practice a bit later.

Suzanne
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Very creative with the relay WO with your husband! I would have been furious if i had called then it was closed. Prob woul dhave let out a few "f- you!" lol Love Flamingo Gold's though!

Keep pushing less than 6 weeks!

stephaniewilles
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Very creative with the relay WO with your husband! I would have been furious if i had called then it was closed. Prob woul dhave let out a few "f- you!" lol Love Flamingo Gold's though!

Keep pushing less than 6 weeks!

Thanks Suzanne!! Im pushin hard girl!! some days are just harder than others, as I'm sure you know.

My husband was like ,well I can say I've never trained like that before. It was comical after the fact but was very very close to dropping some f bombs. I did say " Well thanks to your employees misinformation now I"m screwed."
Oh well It worked out any way...

Sandpig
10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Most of the people over at Flamingo are idiots.

Did you know that the manager of that gym doesn't even know what a power rack is. That's sad.

Glad you guys managed to get your workouts in.

stephaniewilles
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Most of the people over at Flamingo are idiots.

Did you know that the manager of that gym doesn't even know what a power rack is. That's sad.

Glad you guys managed to get your workouts in.

Thanks!! It was interesting for sure!
Wow!!! Well they can be idiots, as long as they dont mess with my workouts!! I usually dont go over there when I have the kids and wont again because there hours suck and the day care isnt even open on sunday at all.
:no:

stephaniewilles
10-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Struggling mentally everyday to keep myself from eating things I'm not supposed to. Really scared I may be weak at some moment. But I will not, I just cant, hunger hunger please go away. (gotta be my meds for my uc, this is getting ridiculous!!) My GI Dr wants to put me on a medicine that I only have to take once every 3 days or something like that but I just don't want to switch anything in the middle of prep and end up with pains or some crazy thing. My colon is a happy colon as of now so I'm hoping, really hoping it stays that way for a long long time!!

Anyway I am feeling really good, and confident, and practicing my ass off , Lifting hard still even thru mental struggles like Sunday(that was awful :dunno:)
I just need to push thru and keep my mind off food :hungry:

Did spin for an hour and posing again today, so here's to a kick ass Back workout tonight :yep:

pfunk
10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Can't you just tie your kids to the treadmill or something? haha, just kidding.

At least you care. I was at my local grocery store (Smiths) the other day and this bum who was stinking drunk was in line to buy more beer. He had this 3 year-old girl with him who was crying non-stop. I was trying to figure out what was happening. Was telling the people around me that this didn't seem right. I told the cashier and manager that we should call the cops. But they said it was fine, he was the "neighborhood" bum, the childs mom was next door at Dottys playing the slots, and that she always left her kid with him while she played.

I couldn't believe it. The child was dirty and crying non-stop and the bum was dragging her around. I was furious! I stayed around in shock watching them, for like 30 minutes, trying to think of what I should do. And what do you do? Who do you call? The police or some child group?

stephaniewilles
10-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Can't you just tie your kids to the treadmill or something? haha, just kidding.

At least you care. I was at my local grocery store (Smiths) the other day and this bum who was stinking drunk was in line to buy more beer. He had this 3 year-old girl with him who was crying non-stop. I was trying to figure out what was happening. Was telling the people around me that this didn't seem right. I told the cashier and manager that we should call the cops. But they said it was fine, he was the "neighborhood" bum, the childs mom was next door at Dottys playing the slots, and that she always left her kid with him while she played.

I couldn't believe it. The child was dirty and crying non-stop and the bum was dragging her around. I was furious! I stayed around in shock watching them, for like 30 minutes, trying to think of what I should do. And what do you do? Who do you call? The police or some child group?

If the gym would let me I would so put them on a treadmill!! lol The kids are always asking to get on one. They love exercise!

And yes call the police in a situation like that, they can call child protective services. I've had to do it before. If you can take a photo with your phone too and you can call it in with a good discription of the guy.
At least by calling it in you know you did your part to protect or help a child who doesnt have an adult in there life to do that for them.

Once I recognized someone I had seen on the sex offender list with a little girl on his lap. Oh I was furious!! Called it in, unfortunelty he had served his time and his restrictions of not being around children were lifted. What a shame.

stephaniewilles
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
pfunk... did you find Walden Farms at Smiths?

pfunk
10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
pfunk... did you find Walden Farms at Smiths?

Not yet! It's not at the Smiths by my place (Flamingo & Jones). So I'll try a different one soon!

stephaniewilles
10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Not yet! It's not at the Smiths by my place (Flamingo & Jones). So I'll try a different one soon!

I hear Walmart also carries Walden Farms??? Never seen it but am making a trip this weekend bcs my mom found sugar free Mocha creamer and I will go get some of that :)

Smith's on Rainbow and Windmill has Waldens.

stephaniewilles
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Getting alot of positive feeback from some pros at my gym and some fellow competitors so that makes me feel even more confident about how I look for this show.

I had a few rough days this week, mental struggles really but I'm so over it!!!
I feel great mentally now and didn't even get a cheat meal yet!! Ugggh...lol
My tummy has been acting up a bit the last few days so I upped my meds again to my dr prescibe dosages. I just hope I do not have a flare up ,not now just wait for 6 weeks when I get back from Miami!!! Please!!! (talking to tummy)

It seems as if I get busier and busier with each passing week. The teachers are ready for volunteers at school and I have been doing that a few days a week on top of spanish academy and baseball. I have some fun stuff planned this weekend with the kids so I'm excited about that. I love halloween, it is my favorite holiday so will also be helping with a halloween party at school were I'm sure there will be a ton of yummy goodies that I do not get to eat :(

I also have a business idea and am in the works writing up a plan for that. After the show I will be full force trying to get this set up and running. I"m super excited about it and it's going to be HUGE!!!!! (i hope)

My workouts have been great, still doing an hour of cardio 5 days a week and added 2 ounces of potato to my 3rd meal of the day. Running about 80 carbs still right now. I baked my chicken the other day instead of bbq it and put garlic and onion powder and pepper on it , it was super yummy!!

I may do some progress pics this weekend or next ,not sure which. next week will be 4 weeks out so most likely then. Been posing every other day and think I will be very fluent and a strong poser on stage. Just have to remember not to rush!!!

I'm still strong in the gym but am being careful to not injure myself this close to a show. My husband/coach and myself like my look and think its a great fit for physique so I think, if it aint broke don't fix it. So my workouts are pretty much the same now every week, weight, reps anyway I switch up exercises from time to time for variety. Unfortunelty no exciting fancy footwork from this chic in the gym. Lift heavy and do an hour of cardio with one off day. :)
Today is chest and abs with arms tomorrow, Saturday off day :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
3 Cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
3/4 cup chopped oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt
1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
Place ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Refigerate for 3 hours or overnight and serve with your favorite vegetables.

16 servings (2tbsp per serving)

Nutrition Facts 40 calories, 2.5 g fat, 3 g carbs, 2 g protein

*compare that to Ranch Dressing at a total 130 calories, 14 g fat, 2 carbs, 0 protein

katt981
10-13-2011, 07:36 PM
thanks for the recipe! I'm using it this weekend :yep:

Looks like your work/new project/ training is moving right along! That's good to hear :)

Halloween is our favorite holiday.. sans kids since they are all grown up..LOL We'll be hittin' the strip again this year!!! Just got to get those finishing touches done on the costume ;)

stephaniewilles
10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
thanks for the recipe! I'm using it this weekend :yep:

Looks like your work/new project/ training is moving right along! That's good to hear :)

Halloween is our favorite holiday.. sans kids since they are all grown up..LOL We'll be hittin' the strip again this year!!! Just got to get those finishing touches done on the costume ;)

I hope you enjoy it!!

You will have a blast on the strip on Halloween!! OHHHH YAAAA!!!!
Post a pic of your costume!!!

I just got a mask and a head band and am going to wear my sons scream costume with my stuff haha. Not creative at all!! =(

Have a great time in Vegas!!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Did chest yesterday
4 sets incline on smiths machine 80lbs

4 sets decline hammer machine 110lbs

4 sets cable flyes 20lbs

4 sets flat chest press machine 80lbs

60 min on spin bike and 30 min of posing

Oh and Abs also

4 sets 15 hanging leg raises
4 sets 25 floor crunches
4 sets 15 7.5 lbs knee ups on bench

Today I went grocery shopping at two stores for 2 and a half hours, boy was I happy to get that over with. Did an hour on the spin bike and posed in my daughters room for a bit instead of going out to the garage, the lighting was pretty good in there and the only place other than the garage with a full length mirror. Going to the gym tonight to kill some Arms!!! yay!!

My stomach is screwed up and I'm so scared I cant even tell you!!!! :dunno:
Basically, I am just suckin it up, this is my second attempt to do a National show in wp this year and plane tickets are bought etc so pain or no pain, bloating or not I'm giving all i have, I mean everything!!!! I want this bad!!!
Unfortunetly I'm gonna whine a little about it to my fellow forum readers lol

I'm going to try to take pics on sunday for my 5 weeks out progress pics...

Now its off to clean the house then to the gym!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

katt981
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey Stephanie! How's the Monday treating you? and how's the stomach issues?

Bronwyn
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Hope you are OK - the main thing is still controll the stress what is a bit dificult so close to the show I know, but is the only way which works...

Sunnyday
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey, mama! Stopping by to send you some love! :hugme: Hugs!

stephaniewilles
10-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks so much Ladies for your support and for thinking of me while my stomach or better yet COLON decided to misbehave. I feel much better since yesterday, I had a rough 5 days of it and all I can think is that I switched from Stevia artificial sweetner to Splenda generic from Smith's. That and a few extra cups of coffee a day I guess pissed my insides off lol!! I switched back and am only having a morning cup of coffee and the rest of the day decaf tea with my sf hazelnut syrup. I have a few weird feelings now and then but nothing like it was last week.

Again thanks so much for your support and I'm doing my best to stay stress free. I did find (you'll think I"m crazy) a very relaxing method to help me be calm and stress free... coloring. Yep I said it, coloring. So quiet and soothing, I did it for an hour twice the last few days and I love it! Just grab a kids coloring book and color away....inexpensive too!! LOL

On another note, I'm going to see Silva to get my suit custom made tomorrow and I got my entry fee in a money order and ready to send off.
I'm 5lbs heavier than i thought i would be on stage at 135. These pics I took over the weekend and I feel like if I get any leaner I will be too shredded for wp. Anyone feel free to chime in in opinions lol. I think I need to just maintain this, adjust my food everyday based on how I look, keeping workouts the same and cardio at an hour a day. Today I had toast with peanut butter and egg whites for bfast. Oh my that was A...Mazing!!! The only extra calories where from the peanut butter and I'll just add or take away clean foods as needed based on what the mirror is telling me. here's the pics, I'll post my weekend wo's.....

stephaniewilles
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Friday is my normal off day but had company over the weekend so did arms on Friday with an hour of cardio and 30 min posing practice, Took Saturday off totally and Sunday did Quads/Glutes

Friday Arms

Tricep Dips Hammer Machine
4 sets 135

DB Bicep curls
25lbs x 12
30lbs x 10
35lbs x 10 for 2s

Overhead Tricep Machine
4 sets at 70lbs

Cable bicep curl both arms same time
4 sets at 22.5

Press downs
4 sets at 50lbs

Preacher curl
4 sets at 55lbs

Sunday Quads/Glutes

Squat
95lbs x 15
135 x 12 for 2s
155x10

Stationary forward lunges
20 steps 85lbs x4 sets

Glute machine
4 sets x 15 60lbs

Leg Press
2p es for 15
2/3p for 12 x 2 sets
3p es for 10

Leg ext
2 sets 130lbs x 12
2 sets 145lbs x 12

no cardio on weekends.... =)

Monday...Shoulders

Dumbell Press
25lbs x 12
35lbs x 10 for 3 sets

Single arm press hammer
4 sets x 12 45lbs

Shrugs
4 sets 135lbs bb

upright row bb
4 sets 65lbs

Lateral raises
4 sets 17.5lbs

Rev Fly pec dec
6 sets 85lbs

1 hour on stepmill, tanning and posing in the locker room for 5 minutes!!
Ran lots of errands...productive day today :yep:

Bronwyn
10-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Looking great and yes, maybe you are right... cofee and additional sweeteners may exacerbate the colon/stomach. I remember when I had some stomach problems after my graduation I was told to NOT drink cofee at all.... I think there is the same problem with all energy drinks as well...

Anyway I think you are there - you do not need to be leaner in my opinion - for WP... From pics it looks the same conditioning I saw on girls at USAs - at least the upper body is there .... just keep it up, maybe tighten it a little bit - but at least you dont have to do anything dramatic what may worsen the state....

Sandpig
10-18-2011, 09:31 AM

Fresh and Easy carries some of their products. Also Nutrition Rush has a few also.

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Looking great and yes, maybe you are right... cofee and additional sweeteners may exacerbate the colon/stomach. I remember when I had some stomach problems after my graduation I was told to NOT drink cofee at all.... I think there is the same problem with all energy drinks as well...

Anyway I think you are there - you do not need to be leaner in my opinion - for WP... From pics it looks the same conditioning I saw on girls at USAs - at least the upper body is there .... just keep it up, maybe tighten it a little bit - but at least you dont have to do anything dramatic what may worsen the state....

I think your right, the coffee just messes with me so bad. So Ive been doing the decaf tea instead. I just love coffee, and its so filling when you are super hungry :) But I'm just going to stay away from it bcs its just not worth the tummy pain. I wonder if the Stevia doesnt bother me because its from a plant? The other calorie free sweeteners all are chemically made, correct? IDK :dunno: I love energy drinks but honestly havent had one in like 4 months. They are expensive and very hard on the stomach, definetly something I can live without.

I'm very happy with where I am at right now. My Glute/ham ty in has never been so good before and have the line down my quad/ham on the side quarter turn which is also good. I do need to tighten up a bit thru out and in the end will probably be closer to 130 on stage. Its just that I'm right there and dont want to get too low right now with 4 plus weeks to go.
Thanks a bunch Lada!! Makes me feel darn good!!:yep:

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Fresh and Easy carries some of their products. Also Nutrition Rush has a few also.

Oh I never thought to try Fresh and Easy. Thanks Sandpig! I have not heard of Nutrition Rush... where is that at?

pfunk
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Keeping Smiths in the news, the one product I really like from there are their pasturized egg whites by Kroger. They're about $2 and have 50 grams of protein...and to me, easy to drink! I can pound them so easy. I think their egg whites are much better (and cheaper) than the ones at Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I went to Saleya Suits today and Silvia is making my rough draft suit lol. I will be able to go next week and try that on then add all the bling if im happy with the fit.

So I"m off to do an hour of cardio then BACK tonight at my gym!!

Got my mix music yesterday for the night show, its so cool!! I'll start working on that routine this week and mailed in my entry today so its officially official!!!:ok:

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Keeping Smiths in the news, the one product I really like from there are their pasturized egg whites by Kroger. They're about $2 and have 50 grams of protein...and to me, easy to drink! I can pound them so easy. I think their egg whites are much better (and cheaper) than the ones at Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

You drink the raw egg whites? :hypno:

Agreed about the prices in eggs, I can get 5 dozen eggs for like 6 bucks, its awesome.

Suzanne
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
WOs are looking really good. Sorry to hear about the stomach issues!! that really sucks when dieting.

Looking good. Hard to say I would like to see you leaner for WP but I like lean and hard so probably shouldn't listen to me lol

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 03:52 PM
WOs are looking really good. Sorry to hear about the stomach issues!! that really sucks when dieting.

Looking good. Hard to say I would like to see you leaner for WP but I like lean and hard so probably shouldn't listen to me lol

Thanks Suzanne!! I am with you, I like leaner and harder also, I'm just afraid thats not what the judges want. I've got veins in my abs right now and when I'm doing leg days or doing cardio, I have a few popping out on my quads and calves as well. I have a feeling I will be lower in my weight and tighten it up a bit everywhere before I step on stage. So essentially I would like to be a few lbs lighter but with fullness in the muscle without hardness.

I'm really pushing hard in the gym and just dealing with the stomach thing. I guess it is what it is so I gotta suck it up lol

Your a great motivation to me Suzanne, thanks for supporting me on my thread!

Sandpig
10-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh I never thought to try Fresh and Easy. Thanks Sandpig! I have not heard of Nutrition Rush... where is that at?
SE corner of Rainbow and Lake Mead
West Sahara in the LVAC plaza. I think it's just west of Jones
And inside the LVAC on Maryland Pkwy. My neighbor Brian owns them.

Walmart is good for egg whites. $3.98 for 16oz size of All Whites.

stephaniewilles
10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sandpig;1559602]SE corner of Rainbow and Lake Mead
West Sahara in the LVAC plaza. I think it's just west of Jones
And inside the LVAC on Maryland Pkwy. My neighbor Brian owns them.

Thats a ways out of my way but if I'm in that area I will definetly swing on in. I know just where that is. :)
I go thru 2 1/2 dozen eggs a week just myself, so even tho cracking eggs and seperating is time consuming its so much more cost effective to buy the eggs,and not the liquid for my family, cause kids and my hubby like to have eggs on occasion too, plus eggs with cooking sometimes... It really adds up to a whole hell of alot of eggs, Maybe I should buy a few chickens...lol

Sandpig
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
You must be on the East side. Fresh and Easy would be more logical. Plus they have more products.

I'm actually in Henderson out by Lake Las Vegas.

Bronwyn
10-19-2011, 03:03 AM
I think your right, the coffee just messes with me so bad. So Ive been doing the decaf tea instead. I just love coffee, and its so filling when you are super hungry :) But I'm just going to stay away from it bcs its just not worth the tummy pain. I wonder if the Stevia doesnt bother me because its from a plant? The other calorie free sweeteners all are chemically made, correct? IDK :dunno: I love energy drinks but honestly havent had one in like 4 months. They are expensive and very hard on the stomach, definetly something I can live without.

I think this may be why.... Stevia is only one sweetener which is "natural" ... Others are chemically done and on alcohol basis. Sucraose is from sugar - but also chemically modified.

stephaniewilles
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
http://youtu.be/TqE0H7ty_4k

stephaniewilles
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Above see my wide grip pullups from Back day yesterday. Sorry for poor quality video...its all I got LOL.

Back

Wide Grip Pullups
20, 20,, 15, 15

Bent over barbell row
3 sets 95 x 10
1 set 115 x 10

Straight arm Pulldowns
4 sets 45lbs x 12

Seated single arm cable row
4 sets 42.5lbs x 12

Lower back ext with 25lbs plate
4 sets x 20

1 hour on spin bike, plus tanning.... :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Hamstrings and Calves

Seated Leg Curl
4 sets x 15 100lbs

Lying Leg curl
4 sets x 15 85lbs

Stiff Deads
95lbs x 12
115lbs x 12
135 x 10 for 2 sets

Single Leg curl
4 sets 35lbs x 12

Horizontal Calf
4 sets x 20 170lbs

Standing calf
4 sets x20 75lbs

55min on Stepmill plus tanning

Will pose later today but first have to do some cleaning.

stephaniewilles
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I think this may be why.... Stevia is only one sweetener which is "natural" ... Others are chemically done and on alcohol basis. Sucraose is from sugar - but also chemically modified.

Agreed!!! No chemicals in Stevia. My body likes it much better

So I made the best tea today.... Used my decaf Chai Tea, with tbsp of hazelnut sf syrup, chilled. Wow, super good. What a treat!!!!

I'm more focused and determined now in the home stretch with just over 4 weeks to go!!

Whooooo!!!!! :ninjaloco:

stephaniewilles
10-19-2011, 05:23 PM
http://youtu.be/TqE0H7ty_4k

I cant figure out this video crap....:mad:

This is the link to my pullups video from yesterday....

Bronwyn
10-20-2011, 05:25 AM
TqE0H7ty_4k

;)

Pretty good back!! Great definition... I miss the middle traps a lot myself... have to work it out :D

PS: youtube now shows some bad links, I always go the way - share (under the video) - options - long link and that is it.

Sandpig
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey, that's the Stephanie Gold's. They name it after you?

When you want to upload a YT vid. Click on the YT icon then insert the video code in here

Like this I purposely deleted the first parentheses so it wouldn't post the actual video.

YOUTUBE]TqE0H7ty_4k[/YOUTUBE]

shankuan
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
hey girl! You are looking good!!! :yep:

Nice and compact you are and I agree just a tad more tightening up (which i know you'll nail) and you'll be looking even better! You did say you are doing your own prep right? If that's the case then you are certainly a rockstar! It is difficult enough trying to handle family plus a prep but to actually be your OWN prep guru is a mammoth task! And you've done a wonderful job so far gien the obstacles you've faced!

be proud mama...you are going to ROCK IT SOLID in FL!

i recently found this Green Tea chai...and OMG!!!! Why didn't i find it before, it is just absolutely divine and that's with just a tsp of splenda or sometimes by itself!!!! and i thoroughly enjoy drinking green tea now!
http://www.bigelowtea.com/Assets/Products/tea/00838.jpg

katt981
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Love the vid!!!! You're looking fantastic!

pfunk
10-20-2011, 11:59 AM
You drink the raw egg whites? :hypno:

Agreed about the prices in eggs, I can get 5 dozen eggs for like 6 bucks, its awesome.

I'm so lazy sometimes when it comes to food. But now I think I won't drink them anymore. I'll hard-boil 'free-range' or 'pastured' eggs.

Just read that whites have "anti-nutrients" and protein absorption is like 50% less or so.

Raw Egg Whites Contain Digestive Enzyme Inhibitors and Anti-Nutrients

Raw egg whites should not be consumed. They contain inhibitors of the digestive enzyme trypsin, which are destroyed by heat. Consuming 100 grams of raw egg white with one egg yolk compared to consuming the same food cooked was shown in one study (http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/short/128/10/1716) to reduce protein digestion from 90 percent down to 50 percent.
Raw egg whites also contain an anti-nutrient called avidin. Avidin is a glycoprotein that binds to the B vitamin biotin, preventing its absorption. Biotin is necessary for fatty acid synthesis and the maintenance of blood sugar, and is especially important during pregnancy when biotin status declines.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Sandpig
10-21-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm so lazy sometimes when it comes to food. But now I think I won't drink them anymore. I'll hard-boil 'free-range' or 'pastured' eggs.

Just read that whites have "anti-nutrients" and protein absorption is like 50% less or so.

Raw egg whites should not be consumed. They contain inhibitors of the digestive enzyme trypsin, which are destroyed by heat. Consuming 100 grams of raw egg white with one egg yolk compared to consuming the same food cooked was shown in one study (http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/short/128/10/1716) to reduce protein digestion from 90 percent down to 50 percent.
Raw egg whites also contain an anti-nutrient called avidin. Avidin is a glycoprotein that binds to the B vitamin biotin, preventing its absorption. Biotin is necessary for fatty acid synthesis and the maintenance of blood sugar, and is especially important during pregnancy when biotin status declines.

Those egg whites that come in the cartons are already pasteurized.

stephaniewilles
10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey, that's the Stephanie Gold's. They name it after you?

When you want to upload a YT vid. Click on the YT icon then insert the video code in here

Like this I purposely deleted the first parentheses so it wouldn't post the actual video.

YOUTUBE]TqE0H7ty_4k[/YOUTUBE]

Haha, I think they did name it after me!! I always call it "my gym"!!

Thanks for showing me, I thought thats what I was doing but the videos just never popped up. IDK, but thanks again :)

stephaniewilles
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM

I just couldnt stomach raw egg whites. Thats an interesting study, wonder how valid it is??

stephaniewilles
10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
hey girl! You are looking good!!! :yep:

Nice and compact you are and I agree just a tad more tightening up (which i know you'll nail) and you'll be looking even better! You did say you are doing your own prep right? If that's the case then you are certainly a rockstar! It is difficult enough trying to handle family plus a prep but to actually be your OWN prep guru is a mammoth task! And you've done a wonderful job so far gien the obstacles you've faced!

be proud mama...you are going to ROCK IT SOLID in FL!

i recently found this Green Tea chai...and OMG!!!! Why didn't i find it before, it is just absolutely divine and that's with just a tsp of splenda or sometimes by itself!!!! and i thoroughly enjoy drinking green tea now!
http://www.bigelowtea.com/Assets/Products/tea/00838.jpg

Thanks so much Shankaun!!! I feel really good about how I look and have trained my booty off. I know my competition is doing the same so I'm just pushing through everyday to bring the best me I've got. My husband is my coach actually, he has been in the business for quite awhile and certainly knows his stuff. WP is of course a new look so we are trying to nail it right on and changing things daily based on how I look. Tightening up is what we are doing and I cannot wait to be on stage, Thanks so much for all your kind words!!
I will have to try to find that Green Chai, thats exactly the brand I use of the decaf Chai, sounds yummy!!!

stephaniewilles
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Ive been a little MIA for a few days. But I'm doing well, I'm an Auntie again, my nephew was born last Thursday, happy and healthy to some great parents. My wonderful husband also took me out for steak and I had some bread and butter....MMMMMmmm, so good!! I really needed it because I was a bit hard and way to lean over the weekend. I've been super busy and I will try to post some workouts asap.

Have a good one!!!

stephaniewilles
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Love the vid!!!! You're looking fantastic!
Thanks so much Katt!!!!

Hope you enjoy your Vegas trip that coming up!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Sunday Quads/glutes

squats
15x 95lbs
12x 135 for 3 sets

walking lunges
30 steps 70lbs bb for 4 sets

glutes machine
4 sets 90lbs x 15

leg press
2plates es x 15
2/3 plates es x 12
3 plates es x 10 for 2 sets

leg extention
4 sets x 12 130lbs

Monday Shoulders

Seated db press
20lbs x 15
25lbs x 12
30lbs x 12
35lbs x 12

One arm shoulder hammer press
4 sets x 12 50lbs

Shrugs
4 sets x12 135lbs

Lateral Raises
4 sets x 12 17.5lbs

Rev pec dec
6 sets x 12 90lbs
60 min on step mill and tanning

The Prodigy
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Glad you are doing well! Keep plugging along!

stephaniewilles
10-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Glad you are doing well! Keep plugging along!

Thanks Gail!!! :)

stephaniewilles
10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
My workouts have been great, my energy levels are still pretty good and most importantly my health is (knock on wood) really good.

My suit should be done next Monday with all the glitz on it. I tried on the "rough draft" last week and loved it!! Let me just tell you its so unique, and really pops I can't wait for everyone to see it!! That was without the glitz on it lol!!! :yep:
With Halloweeen today we made this our off day for the week being that I was at the kids school all day for parties and volunteering etc and trick or treating tonight. I am all dressed up and have been all day...ooohhh ya, just call me Bat mom....Like bat woman but a mom hahaha!!
So we did our normal week with no off day over the weekend. My weight dropped super low again and I went out for a nice breakfast with my husband. I had french toast, bacon and eggwhites. It gave me back about a pound and a half. Makes me nice and full, less hard but super vascular, kinda like syrup was running thru my veins.... for real!!! I feel great, right on track, only a few things left to do like buying makeup, getting my face threaded etc...ewh thats not fun and hurts quite a bit :(

Did legs Saturday, with my normal weight on squats at 135lbs and everything the same. My recovery is not good right now so I'm backing off next week. I couldnt even bend over and pick up anything off the floor without serious aches in my quads and butt from leg day on Saturday. It was pretty bad. So from here on out I'm dropping the weights, for real this time...uugghh so cant handle it mentally but I know its what my body is telling me. I think its mostly because Ive been ready for 3 weeks and keeping this conditioning is making it harder to recover.

Has anyone used the spray can of Pro Tan and checked it in there luggage to fly on an airplane?? This is what I bought, not thinking it kinda looks like a gun and it pressured. I have a back up plan, which is swap it at my local nutrition store or mail the bottles to my hotel. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this....????

This weekend is the Las Vegas Classic. I won the Womens Bodybuilding overall last year and will be there handing out trophies at the night show!! I'm excited to do this and its an excuse to buy a new dress :0

For now, everythings the same in my diet, adding clean foods from time to time and having a cheat on the weekend if needed. Cardio an hour 5 days a week!!! Hopefully will have some pics by the weekend!!

Happy Halloween!!!!:daz:

The Prodigy
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
CONGRATS Stephanie Willis on being chosen as November Training Journal of the month!

It has been great following along through the ups and downs of your offseason and contest prep! You are a great role model to all of the RX Girls!

Keep rockin it:hmn:

Bronwyn
11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Congrats Steph, and happy halloween to you too....
You are so near - crossing finger for no problems for you till the end!!

tammyp
11-01-2011, 05:40 AM
no reason why you cant put that in your checked bag...

Sunnyday
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Congrats, Stephanie!! Well deserved!

:jump:

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
HOLY MOLY!!!!

Thanks so much RX Muscle, my peeps and Gail!!!

This is an honor, and many thanks to all who follow along and help make my thread a great one!!

MUUUAAAAHHH!!!!!:thanks::biglove:

Suzanne
11-01-2011, 04:18 PM
ooh ya FRENCH TOAST!

I have brought the pro-tan in my checked bag.

Congrats on journal of the month!!

3 weeks!!!!!

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Congrats Steph, and happy halloween to you too....
You are so near - crossing finger for no problems for you till the end!!

Thanks Lada, that makes two of us crossing fingers :) so far so good!!! Feeling great!!!!

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 05:53 PM
no reason why you cant put that in your checked bag...

Oh ok Thanks Tammy

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
ooh ya FRENCH TOAST!

I have brought the pro-tan in my checked bag.

Congrats on journal of the month!!

3 weeks!!!!!

ooohhh yaaa is right!!! LOL It was mouth watering good!! :yep:

Even the waitress was like, "cheat day huh" it so funny to hear her say that. The funnest part was them bringing me a plate of 6 halves of french toast and my husband 1 pancake... he was like wth?? I wasn't about to share either!!!! heehee

Thanks for the input on the Protan, guess I'll just bring it I was just worried about it cause the airline said no pressured cans. Good to know it can be done though. One less thing to worry about :)

2 weeks 5 days.....lol but whos counting right???

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Life threw another little hiccup my way last night. My oldest son was up all night throwing up, I must have gotten up 15 times with him. So the stomach flu virus is in my freakin house :mad:. Went to store and disinfected, rearrange my whole day today and he is feeling better. Thank goodness. I hate that heartbreak feeling you have when your kids are sick and you cannot do anything to make it go away. Kids are so tough and bounce back quickly. He is a happy camper now so I will get my workout in later tonight. Cardio done on the spin bike for an hour, posed for about 40 min. Prejudge routine is down pat with good transitions as well as manditories. I have about half of my night show routine planned out and will be on top of that everyday from here on out. So even with very little sleep last night I feel really good, and had a productive day so far. This week is the last week of baseball playoffs I believe, depending on win or lose...Hoping for less to do next week. Field trip and lots of on the go stuff again with kids tomorrow and friday!!! Will post my back workout later. Have a good night and hope everyone is doing fantastic!!! :hugme:

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Congrats, Stephanie!! Well deserved!

:jump:

Thanks Sunny, it truely feels awesome!!!

The Prodigy
11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Life threw another little hiccup my way last night. My oldest son was up all night throwing up, I must have gotten up 15 times with him. So the stomach flu virus is in my freakin house :mad:. Went to store and disinfected, rearrange my whole day today and he is feeling better. Thank goodness. I hate that heartbreak feeling you have when your kids are sick and you cannot do anything to make it go away. Kids are so tough and bounce back quickly. He is a happy camper now so I will get my workout in later tonight. Cardio done on the spin bike for an hour, posed for about 40 min. Prejudge routine is down pat with good transitions as well as manditories. I have about half of my night show routine planned out and will be on top of that everyday from here on out. So even with very little sleep last night I feel really good, and had a productive day so far. This week is the last week of baseball playoffs I believe, depending on win or lose...Hoping for less to do next week. Field trip and lots of on the go stuff again with kids tomorrow and friday!!! Will post my back workout later. Have a good night and hope everyone is doing fantastic!!! :hugme:

Glad he bounced back so quick! It is hard to balance kids with this sport!

stephaniewilles
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Heading to the gym tonight I felt awesome ready to hit my favorite body part and get some tanning done beforw heading to twohours of b atting practice. I startetd with pullups as I always do and boy did it hit me...The lack of sleep from last night made me feel azombie. It was like I was sleep lifting, just me and only me in the gym in a dark tunnel with my music on. My bod.y felt good I was just extremely tired. I got it all in with flying colors and did 20 min on the bike. Also did my hour at home. Im in much need of some sleep :)

Bronwyn
11-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Good that your son is better and you did not catched the flu bug.... as now it may be dangerous time for you... good that you still feel "good" despite the lack of sleep :)

Sandpig
11-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Hope to run into you Saturday.

Keep up the good work.

Sunnyday
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Glad he bounced back so quick! It is hard to balance kids with this sport!

Truth!! Moms like Stephanie make it look easy, but it certainly isn't. I don't know how I'd do it if I didn't know other moms in the sport who do. :) When one competes, it seems the ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD competes as well.

The kids seem to bounce back so quickly from illnesses. The parents who stay up all night to console them, not so quickly. :hypno:

stephaniewilles
11-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Truth!! Moms like Stephanie make it look easy, but it certainly isn't. I don't know how I'd do it if I didn't know other moms in the sport who do. :) When one competes, it seems the ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD competes as well.

The kids seem to bounce back so quickly from illnesses. The parents who stay up all night to console them, not so quickly. :hypno:

Thanks Sunny, and Gail, it sure isnt easy but the kids love our lifestyle as much as I do. Its also great knowinf it is possibe. Crazy thinking back on the day I found out I was pregnant I thought I would never wear a bikini again and even threw them all away and then to see were I am today. My son is soso as he would say. Still not 100% but able to go to school and keep food down. I woke up with a sore throat today, no wonder I felt icky and in a tunnell yesterday. Im doing all I can totake it easy and not get sick. After chaperoning 2nd graders to the museum I hit the gym

Stiff deads
95lbs x 12
115x 10x2

Lying leg curl
70lbs x12x3
single leg
40lbs x12 x3

Seated leg
85lbs x12 x3

Horizontal calf
150lvs x20 x 3

Seated calf
70lbs x 20 x 3
Of
An hour of cardio plus tanning then picked up kids and headed to 3 hrs of baseball. Playoffs started today!!!!! Im posting this from my phone bcs oflack

stephaniewilles
11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Ooops....bcs of lack of time today. After this week I have nothing extra planned. Im in nwed of down time and making final prepfor the show and travels. Hoping for lots of sleep tonight and maybe no sore throat!!!

stephaniewilles
11-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Hope to run into you Saturday.

Keep up the good work.

That would be great!! Please stop and say hello!!

stephaniewilles
11-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Good that your son is better and you did not catched the flu bug.... as now it may be dangerous time for you... good that you still feel "good" despite the lack of sleep :)

Haha...im not sick YET!!! No stomach bug anyway, its going around at school so im doing alot of cleaning and hand washing! Dang sore throat tho, hoping it will go away!!! :)

Bronwyn
11-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Haha...im not sick YET!!! No stomach bug anyway, its going around at school so im doing alot of cleaning and hand washing! Dang sore throat tho, hoping it will go away!!! :)

Steph I SWEAR at vitamie D and A combination... it is the best for immunity. I always used plenty of C vitamine and citruses and so on and always was ill in the Autumn - usually 3-4 tonsilitis (sorethroats) and so on..... than Daniel found a research talking about vitamine D. I see it is more imortant here, where we do not have a sun all the year around, but also for you I think it may be interesting. I buy capsules of it from "Natures Bounty" firm - but I bet you will have it also in USA... capsules with oil are better as these are oil soluable.
Now I have to say it is a flu season here too, my coleague got it, some stupid woman in the post office spluttered on my neck yesterday - and if this would happen before I would surely got ill too.... but I am healthy now!!

So vitamine D and A.... and when the illness is nearby I have also the garlic extract, or use a lot of garlic for my cooking.... garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics and antivirotics too. :yep:

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Steph I SWEAR at vitamie D and A combination... it is the best for immunity. I always used plenty of C vitamine and citruses and so on and always was ill in the Autumn - usually 3-4 tonsilitis (sorethroats) and so on..... than Daniel found a research talking about vitamine D. I see it is more imortant here, where we do not have a sun all the year around, but also for you I think it may be interesting. I buy capsules of it from "Natures Bounty" firm - but I bet you will have it also in USA... capsules with oil are better as these are oil soluable.
Now I have to say it is a flu season here too, my coleague got it, some stupid woman in the post office spluttered on my neck yesterday - and if this would happen before I would surely got ill too.... but I am healthy now!!

So vitamine D and A.... and when the illness is nearby I have also the garlic extract, or use a lot of garlic for my cooking.... garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics and antivirotics too. :yep:
Yes I agree, vitamin D, A, and C!!! I take them all!!!5000 IU of A, 1000mg C, 340 IU of D.

I take the Animal Pack by Universal. Its got 11 pills in it with everything you need. Looking at the label now it does seem like I need more of D, magnesium and zinc. The serving size is 2 packets per day and I only take one...geesh. I hate nutrition labels, they always try to trick you!!!

I do use some Natures Bounty stuff as well. Its so rude when people dont have proper cold or sickness eticic.(sp) Hope you stay healthy as well. :)

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Chest and Abs

Incline Press Smiths machine
60lbs x 10 x 4

Decline Hammer Press
90lbs x 10 x 4

Cable flyes
15lbs x 10 x 4

Chest press machine flat
70lbs x 10 x 4

hanging leg raises
15 x 3

Floor crunches
20 x 3

knee ups on bench
15 x 3

Trying to really listen to my body and rest when I need it because of this sore throat. I rode my bike at home for 30 min, layed on the couch for an hour at my meal 3, then posed for 30 minutes, picked up kids from school then came home and rode the bike again for another 30 min while quizzing my daughter on her sight words lol. Then hit the gym for chest and abs. I put the kids down for bed at 9pm grabbed me a cup of Thera Flu and passed out by 9:30 and slept till 7 am. I still have this sore throat this morning but am taking it easy garggling with salt water and just doing what has to be done.

Yesterday I also bought my jewelery for on stage and my new warmup suit. All I need now is my makeup and to pick up my suit!!!

I will most likely split my cardio again today and hit the gym tonight with my husband to do Arms. Tomorrow will be our off day since we will be at prejudge and finals at the Classic.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!! 2 WEEKS BABY!!!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
If you have been following my journal you well know that I have an obsession with hot drinks lol. Being that coffee hurts my tummy I've been having one cup in the am and then tea the rest of the day. A few weeks ago I found this new drink its called Pero. Its Barley, malted barley, chicory and rye. It taste like coffee with a nutty flavor. Its ground like an instant coffee. It does however have 5 calories per tbsp but I have been able to get away with using it regardless of a few extra calories. Also this vanilla caramel creamer is on my new fav's list :) add a bit of Stevia and its like a frothy cappacchino and low in calories and the best part is it doesn't hurt my stomach. I also tried some of the Torani sf hazelnut (zero calorie) syrup in it and that was also good!!

Suzanne
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Hope your throat feels better! Getting close now!

We will be at AZ show and hitting legs between prejudge and finals. Gonna be a LONG day since Chase judging he has to be there at 8AM doesn't start til 10.

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Hope your throat feels better! Getting close now!

We will be at AZ show and hitting legs between prejudge and finals. Gonna be a LONG day since Chase judging he has to be there at 8AM doesn't start til 10.

Yahhhooooo!!!!
So close that I can say its just right around the corner now!!!!

Oh I hope you guys have a good time. I'm a show junkie and just love going. It will be a long day but a place we love to be so just remember some food and water and you'll be good to go!!

I judge a few shows a year and I just love it! Being on the other side of the stage kinda brings it all in to full circle.

Have a great weekend :)

shankuan
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
2 weeks IS just around the corner! good going Miss Steph, sore throat be damned! i agree with you in just taking it one day at a time. Makes no sense to stress over the things you can't control, just do the best you can with what you CAN control...and you seem to be doing that!

Pity I can't find that sugar free coffee mate here...never really looked but i will definitely be doing so after my show. it actually makes coffee tolerable...for me anyway.

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 01:38 PM
2 weeks IS just around the corner! good going Miss Steph, sore throat be damned! i agree with you in just taking it one day at a time. Makes no sense to stress over the things you can't control, just do the best you can with what you CAN control...and you seem to be doing that!

Pity I can't find that sugar free coffee mate here...never really looked but i will definitely be doing so after my show. it actually makes coffee tolerable...for me anyway.

Exactly.... as long as I can eat, drink and workout I'm good! Hell I won Overall last year with Bronchitis lol so I'm just doing what I can and hope like hell this just goes away with ease!!!!

Bummer about the sf creamer..... :confused: I loooove it. The unsweetened almond milk is very low cal and also a good creamer.....like 5 cal per ounce :)

katt981
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm going to have to find Pero here. I've noticed that I get a stomach ache after drinking coffee as well. And if it tastes like a latte'.. well, that's a double bonus!

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm going to have to find Pero here. I've noticed that I get a stomach ache after drinking coffee as well. And if it tastes like a latte'.. well, that's a double bonus!

I forgot to mention where to find it. The only place I've been able to find it is Walmart, in the coffee isle with instant coffees!! Yes add your fav creamer or a splash of almond milk and definelty a double bonus.

Coffee and vegetable does it to me I just cant stomach them, lol, pun intended!!!!:p

stephaniewilles
11-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Okie dokie, here's a rundown of my day thus far......

egg whites, toast 2 tbsp peanut butter
coffee

30 min on spin bike

relax...awwwhhh feels good :)

5oz tuna with Waldens Honey dijon sauce and cup of Pero

30 min posing practice....oh what fun!!! :yep:

30 min on spin bike

6oz of chicken & 1/4 cup rice another cup of Pero right now and then folding laundry and relax till kids out of school then to the gym for arms and tanning. Gonna hit it pretty light from here on out especially with this sore throat, get a good pump and come on home to get some rest and then hit the LV Classic tomorrow!!

Sunnyday
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I have GOT to go to Walmart this weekend and get me some of that Pero! I am a hot drink junkie too. I love to put vanilla whey in my coffee in the morning but I want something different for the offseason and that sounds like it's just what I'm looking for! :)

Bronwyn
11-05-2011, 09:39 AM
You are also a regullar jude Steph? That is great... As you say, it gives you more complex approach to the sport as a whole.... I have to say I liked the backstage work when I was offseason.... and once I judged also one smaller show and was good... something to RETURN to the sport...

Sandpig
11-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Steph, you looked stunning in that dress last night! Wish we had more time to chat but you trophy girls were going non stop all night.

Bronwyn
11-07-2011, 02:47 AM
You are also a regullar jude Steph? That is great... As you say, it gives you more complex approach to the sport as a whole.... I have to say I liked the backstage work when I was offseason.... and once I judged also one smaller show and was good... something to RETURN to the sport...

LOL see I missed one letter :D regullar judGe off course :) :o

shankuan
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
how's it going Steph?! hope you've been feeling better and you had a great weekend.

as for 'creamers' in teas or coffee, True Protein makes unbelievably tasty flavour packs which when added to coffee or unsweetened almond milk is MOOOONNNEEEEYYY! Soo good...:drool: The Java Mocha flavour is the best i've tried so far.

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Happy Monday RX Peeps!!! :hugme:

Wow what a fun filled, exciting weekend!! We were go, go go non stop on Saturday with the show. But first lets get to my workout on Friday night!!

Arms

Tricep dips
4 sets 15

DB Curls
25lbsx 10 x 4

Overhead Tri Ext
60lbsx 12 x 4

Single Arm bicep Hammer machine
40lbs x 10 x 4

Press downs
42.5 x 10 x 4

Double cable bicep curl
17.5lbs x 12 x 4

Did tanning also....
Practiced posing last 3 days straight, having so much fun with it!! Going light on lifting from here on out and thankfully my sore throat is almost gone!!! :yep: Lets hope no more surprises!!

Sunday*** Quads and Glutes

NO SQUATTING!!!!!! :hypno:

Leg Extention
85lbs x 15
100lbs x 12 x 3

BB Lunges Stationary
65lbs x 20 steps x 4

Leg press
2plates es x 10 x 4

Glute machine
40lbs x 12 x 4

Scale pretty low later in the day, all clothes on and shoes @ 134.6:headbang:

Here is a picture from the show on Saturday of me and my Gorgeous husband

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I had so much fun handing out trophies and talking with Promoters, competitors and IFBB Pro's as well as Miss United States, who was also handing out awards at the LV Classic!!! Many locals in the show of course and alot of my friends did really well. It was a long long day getting up at 6:30am and not going to bed until 1:00am. Sunday was end of Daylight savings time so we actually got an extra hour in the day and it was the longest day ever, seemed like we got 4 hours in the day extra. Funny part is we got up and didn't even realize it until 2 hours later that we hadn't set back the clocks yet!!

With Little League Baseball over with I can finish my last workouts for this prep everyday with my husband so today we will do shoulders. I've completed an hour of cardio on the spin bike today and Posing practice. Will workout later tonight!!!

Jeannie Paparone IFBB Pro FBB and Myself at prejudging at her booth Jeannie's Fit 4 Life

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
how's it going Steph?! hope you've been feeling better and you had a great weekend.

as for 'creamers' in teas or coffee, True Protein makes unbelievably tasty flavour packs which when added to coffee or unsweetened almond milk is MOOOONNNEEEEYYY! Soo good...:drool: The Java Mocha flavour is the best i've tried so far.

Oh I feel great, my sore throat is going away, thank goodness!! I will def have to try the protein in my coffee...I can't believe I never thought of that lol!!! Thanks for the tip girlie!!

You have just days left now..... How exciting!!!!:yep:

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
LOL see I missed one letter :D regullar judGe off course :) :o

LOL, it took me a few seconds to figure out what you where talking about.

Yes for the last 2 years I have judged the OCB AZ Natural and OCB Southwest Natural in New Mexico. They tried for a Las Vegas Natural in October but only got 7 entries, was kinda sad and was going to judge that one as well. I love doing it!!! Also I love the backstage work too and will be doing that for the LV Classic for upcoming years. Anyway I can be involved, meet people and give back to the sport, I'm all IN!!!! :)

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Steph, you looked stunning in that dress last night! Wish we had more time to chat but you trophy girls were going non stop all night.

THANK YOU Sandpig....It was great to finally meet you!!! It was a long a day for sure and I did do alot of running around which was most difficult in those red shoes!!! LOL!!

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I have GOT to go to Walmart this weekend and get me some of that Pero! I am a hot drink junkie too. I love to put vanilla whey in my coffee in the morning but I want something different for the offseason and that sounds like it's just what I'm looking for! :)

OH Sunny you have got to try it, you'll fall in love...aahhhh so good!! I have never put protein in my coffee but what a great idea!! I can't believe I didnt think of it especially since I sneak protien into kids milk, pancakes, yogurt you name it!! LOL

Tell me what you think of it!! :yep:

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
My friend Nicoletta Radu won 3rd in Fitness
Hoping to get in a photoshoot with her before Miami!!

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Nevada NPC Chairmen and Promoter of LV Classic Steve Karr

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
IFBB PRO Jeannie Paparone and NPC National level FBB Dinese Dinger
(Denise won 2nd at USA's this year)

stephaniewilles
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
IFBB Pro Gary Allin

Bronwyn
11-08-2011, 05:22 AM