PDA

View Full Version : Any1 help with this?!?!?!

Bubba Bronko
02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Heard yesterday that Wanderlei Silva was dropping from 205 to 185. Possible Wanderlei vs. Anderson? Just seeing if someone can bring light on the situation of Wanderlei dropping classes. Also did Wanderlei and Anderson ever have bad blood between the 2 of them? I thought they did my buddy says no never because they trained together.

Charles Kozeluh
02-12-2009, 12:55 AM
he is dropping classes because he is a small light heavy. I think he said he walks around at 215. guys like rampage tito and chuck walk around at 235+.I'm not sure about him and anderson the both were on the chute boxe team for a long time together

New2thegame
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
They are cool with each other...yes they were on Chute Boxe Team but I believe that was a team thing about not fighting team members.

BABOON
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I never heard of any bad blood between the two of them, I'm pretty sure they were good friends.

Charles Kozeluh
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I have seen some old sparing videos of Wand Pele Anderson and a couple other chute boxe guys and they were insane they beat the fuck out of eachother like a real fight if you can find them they are a good watch

Roots
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
They are good friends and sometimes training partners IIRC

BABOON
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I have seen some old sparing videos of Wand Pele Anderson and a couple other chute boxe guys and they were insane they beat the fuck out of eachother like a real fight if you can find them they are a good watch

Yeah I've seen all of them. They had some seriously heavy training sessions.

ArcherJames
02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I believe he is planning to drop down but intended to have one more fight at light heavy, possibly Liddell. Wanderlei also expressed interested in fighting Jackson again for a fourth time.

Bubba Bronko
02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
WANDERLEI SILVA IS READY FOR THE MOVE TO 185
Friday, February 13, 2009 - by Ken Pishna - MMAWeekly.com

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/8175-Wanderlei&Wanderlei.jpg
Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, and Keith Jardine are all fighters that Wanderlei Silva has faced since returning to the UFC. They are also all light heavyweight fighters that, when they are not fighting, walk around well above the 205-pound limit of the weight class.

What weight does Silva walk around at outside of the Octagon?

Try 208 pounds.

It's no surprise then that "The Axe Murderer's" recent UFC record is 1-2 against that cast of characters. He doesn't pawn off his losses to the disparity in size, though.

"I think it is the technique," Silva told MMAWeekly.com (http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2991), saying that he lowered his hand against Jackson at UFC 92 and the former UFC light heavyweight champion took advantage.

He does realize, however, that contrary to popular belief size does matter. He's ready to drop down and see if he is a fit in the middleweight division.

"Yeah, I could try because every guy in my division have to cut to 205 and my normal is 208. I'm going to test now... I'm going to cut my weight. Maybe I go to fight in my next fight at 185," says Silva. Always toeing the company line, he's not ready to make a permanent move, adding, "I could fight in both divisions; I could fight 185 and 205."

It's not something that he jumped into overnight. Silva has been talking about 185 for a long time, but it looks like the UFC is ready for the move, too. "I've been lots and lots of thinking about this now, I see what (UFC president) Dana (White) wants. What he wants (me) to fight, no problem. I talk with (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and... say no problem, I'm down for 185? He say, no problem."

Talking with the famed Brazilian knockout artist, there is a sense that whatever comes his way next, he has finally broken in his new house and made it a comfortable home with the UFC.

"In three fights in UFC, I had all places. I lose one hard fight with Chuck, I beat one guy so fast, one guy beat me, it's too much experience," relayed Silva. "I'm thinking now I have much more lessons for to give my fighters."

Now it's just a matter of time. Despite the onslaught of UFC events in the near term, it appears Silva will be making final preparations for his next bout in the sizzling summer heat at his new gym in Las Vegas (http://www.wandfightteam.com/).

He's anxious to step back in the Octagon, though his five-year-old son is reaping the benefits of dad's down time. Silva finds himself playing with his son in the morning instead of having to go straight to the gym.

"My life is fighting. I love to fight. Now I wake up in the morning and... where am I going? I play with my son," he says with a grin on his face, but his eyes belying the call of his chosen profession.

"My work is training. I need to train. Now I want to train more," he commanded. " I don't know what plans the UFC, but I am ready for to fight in June or July."

WANDERLEI SILVA VIDEO INTERVIEW ON THE MOVE TO 185 (http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2991)

WANDERLEI SILVA'S PERSONAL VIDEO TOUR OF HIS NEW GYM (http://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2992)

ArcherJames
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the update.

A move down to 185 is the right move for Silva. The top guys at 205 are very large at heights of over six feet walk around at over 230 pounds. They enter the cage twenty pounds or more over 205.
Moving down to 185 is the right move for Silva. The top competitors at 205 are extremely large, much too large for Silva to contend with. Many of them, the majority I suppose or at least the successful ones are over six feet in height and walk around at over 230lbs. They dehydrate themselves down to 205 for the weigh in but probably weight 225 or more when they finally enter the cage.

I also wanted to add that I believe height plays a more important role in Silva's case than weight. Weight is still a major factor but for Silva's style height is crucial. Silva is an inside fighter who depends on blitz style of fighting. His style of fighting is extremely difficult style to implement against an opponent with a height and reach advantage.