PDA

View Full Version : My first competition

cruisermike
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Hello guys- I have been on RXMuscle for quite a while and have been an bodybuilding enthusiast for years. I took the plunge finally and did my first competition at the age of 44 years old. I had been lifting pretty hard for several years but started actual bodybuilding in November of last year, hiring a coach to help. I did my competition on August 20th and it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I'm now addicted and plan to do another competition next year, giving myself some good months to pack on some size-- I need it. I ended up placing 5th out of 8 guys on the Novice lightweight and "won" the Masters 40-44 because I was the only entrant in that class. I have attached a few pictures here- from the day after the show. I hope to participate more in the Master's forum here and learn from you guys. Thanks.

mkris7
09-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the madness! Nice photos.....look forward to having you be part of the family:yep:

cruisermike
09-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the welcome message. I'm looking forward to this as well-- and so far I like the madness :-)

Hammerfit
09-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Great job on your first competition! It's funny how we always say, "I would never do that", then after you get up there, it's always, "I can't wait to get back on stage"

Keep up the hard work, you can only go up from here. Enjoy the journey.

cruisermike
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Great job on your first competition! It's funny how we always say, "I would never do that", then after you get up there, it's always, "I can't wait to get back on stage"

Keep up the hard work, you can only go up from here. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks for posting to my thread. Believe me I'm in full swing here and working hard to get some mass on before next time!

NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM
09-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Should feel great about yourself man! This is a great accomplishment and you should be proud. You look very good.

cruisermike
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Should feel great about yourself man! This is a great accomplishment and you should be proud. You look very good.

I do feel very proud-- SMALL but proud. :) I'm gong to hit it hard now offseason- gotta get more size before next show. Thanks for the compliment- means alot coming from a board sponsor. I was a little aprehensive about posting up about my show but so far everyone here is great. Thanks guys!

GerryT
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Great job, Mike. Glad you competed. And next one will be better. Best wishes, brother.

cruisermike
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Great job, Mike. Glad you competed. And next one will be better. Best wishes, brother.

Gerry!!! Good to hear from you- I'm from WOTW-- remember me? BigMikeReed?? I have tried to get on the site but had probs - wanted to get ahold of Tim.

GerryT
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Gerry!!! Good to hear from you- I'm from WOTW-- remember me? BigMikeReed?? I have tried to get on the site but had probs - wanted to get ahold of Tim.

Of course I remember you, buddy. We have to catch up sometime. Tim was back posting but had problems getting on also. If you want, send a PM with your number or e mail to [email protected] so we can catch up.

swingslammer
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
A. Good job, just don't fall in to the "Bulking" trap. It is just harder for more "Mature" Bodybuilders to take off the fat, if you already have alot of it off just build from there.

B. Are you talking about Tim Wescot? He is one Hell of a guy! See you, Cal

cruisermike
09-20-2011, 09:25 PM
A. Good job, just don't fall in to the "Bulking" trap. It is just harder for more "Mature" Bodybuilders to take off the fat, if you already have alot of it off just build from there.

B. Are you talking about Tim Wescot? He is one Hell of a guy! See you, Cal

Thanks for the advice on that. I don't normally carry too much bulk- I'll be sure to keep it in check! Yes I am talking about Tim Westcot- yes he was running a board called WOTW- that's where I got aquainted with him.

masterschamp
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Mike...great to see you here!

Keith

cruisermike
09-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Mike...great to see you here!

Keith

Keith!! This is awesome- good to see you here as well. Are any of the Canadian dudes that were on WOTW still around?

Hey guys- any of you who are facebookers you can catch up with me there as well- just look at the signature lines on my post- there is a link.

This is very cool to see you guys here.

mrky03
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Mike, lookin good man! Good advices about not bulking up too much, it is hard to take it off.

Tim is a great guy, was posting here for a while. I'm an old WOTW guy also.

cruisermike
09-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Mike, lookin good man! Good advices about not bulking up too much, it is hard to take it off.

Tim is a great guy, was posting here for a while. I'm an old WOTW guy also.

Hey there man! Thanks for your post here. I checked out your pics you pout up from your las show- very impressive- you look great and looks like you really know how to pose!

mrky03
09-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey there man! Thanks for your post here. I checked out your pics you pout up from your las show- very impressive- you look great and looks like you really know how to pose!

Thanks, I've been doing this a long time! Gets in your blood! Good luck with your training. I think everyone here is more than willing to offer their advice.