PDA

View Full Version : What gym(s) do you train at?

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I live in a small city in Indiana and we have a few gyms here in town. It serves my purpose inthe gym and its my little hole in the wall. I really do love the hardcore gyms and wish we had some around the area. But here are my gyms

Anytime Fitness
Fitness Experts
Le Club at ISU

AndroGrrL
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I live in a small city in Indiana and we have a few gyms here in town. It serves my purpose inthe gym and its my little hole in the wall. I really do love the hardcore gyms and wish we had some around the area. But here are my gyms

Anytime Fitness
Fitness Experts
Le Club at ISU

Yikes...are you in Terre Haute? If so...my apologies! :(

KindaSwol
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
a little bit more??

bndniron4evrgal
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM

Anytime Fitness
Fitness Experts
Le Club at ISU
why 3??

whatever happened to your gym in florida??

how's married life??:)

sassy69
04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
2 different Gold's Gyms in the Bay Area (one for lifting, the other for AM cardio because it has no "ambiance") and a Powerhouse that has more old school eqpt & DBs > 100 lb.

melodyspetko
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
In Tampa im at Powerhouse most of the time.. But also Golds and Lifestyles.. Its nice to have a change when you are preping.. ;)

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
why 3??

whatever happened to your gym in florida??

how's married life??:)

I like variety, as I liek to change up the scenery a bit. Well after breaking up with my ex in Florida. I wanted to get away and move on to better things. Life with David is great.

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
In Tampa im at Powerhouse most of the time.. But also Golds and Lifestyles.. Its nice to have a change when you are preping.. ;)
Agreed.

I the the Golds Gym down there.

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 04:22 PM

No apologies. Since I have moved here in Terre Haute. I have been blessed with my pro card, etc., and I am happy. I do miss the
beaches.:rolleyes:
Terre Haute is my own little world and I can focus on bodybuilding a lot more. So its a good thing.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
No apologies. Since I have moved here in Terre Haute. I have been blessed with my pro card, etc., and I am happy. I do miss the
beaches.:rolleyes:
Terre Haute is my own little world and I can focus on bodybuilding a lot more. So its a good thing.

Do you think being in Tampa was somewhat of a distraction for you? Moving to the midwest really allowed you to start putting more of the pieces of the puzzle together?

Suzanne
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Buffalo Grove Fitness ceter 2 blocks from my home
Golds in Gurnee on the weekends much better atmosphere and shitload of euipment!!!
living room for cardio - stepmill :-)

AndroGrrL
04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Buffalo Grove Fitness ceter 2 blocks from my home
Golds in Gurnee on the weekends much better atmosphere and shitload of euipment!!!
living room for cardio - stepmill :-)

I hate you for having a stepmill at yours house! :mad:

And I didn't know you were around Chicago!

Suzanne
04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I hate you for having a stepmill at yours house! :mad:

And I didn't know you were around Chicago!

stepmill at home is a lifesaver during prep! my cardio is so much better now

yep been in buffalo grove about 3.5 years

tammyp
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
my own. my basement.

desibaba
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Stuck at 24 hr fitness because its the only one here open 24/7. No standing calf raise machine and lines of people waiting to use the smith machine at all times :mad:

RealLilSwole
04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Lexington Athletic Club in Lexington Kentucky. I used to go to Gold's but they all turned into Urban Active which equals SUCKS!

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Do you think being in Tampa was somewhat of a distraction for you? Moving to the midwest really allowed you to start putting more of the pieces of the puzzle together?

I lived in Orlando...O-town baby!

I used to go to Tampa a lot and one of the gyms I went to ws Golds. I met Robbie Robbinson and Casey Viator there:D

Ninja Loco
04-03-2009, 06:45 PM
my own. my basement.
Awesome, Tammy! I wish I had my own home gym again. You are extremely fortunate.

desibaba
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
I lived in Orlando...O-town baby!

I used to go to Tampa a lot and one of the gyms I went to ws Golds. I met Robbie Robbinson and Casey Viator there:D
how long ago did you meet em? are they still in good shape? pix?

Curt James
04-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Planet Fitness on Paxton Street, Harrisburg, and Gold's Gym in Carlisle. Both in Pennsylvania.

sweetjane57
04-03-2009, 11:59 PM
stepmill at home is a lifesaver during prep! my cardio is so much better now

isn't it though?!!!!??!!:D
must be an IL thing?LOL
we got our stairmaster stepmill for $500 BUCKS off craigslist!!!!!! and it is in excellent condition!!!It was a BEEOTCH to get in the house though!LOL

so for me: stepmill and treadmill for cardio
then I belong to 2 neighborhood hardcore gyms... "where everybody knows your name" kind of gyms, we also have a "mini" gym set up at home

Lee Penman
04-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I haven't worked out in a gym for about 14 years. I have all my weights and 'inventive' equipment at home. Once while travelling I turned a double futon into a universal machine...where there's a will. there's a way!

tammyp
04-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Awesome, Tammy! I wish I had my own home gym again. You are extremely fortunate.

set us back about 12g. but worth its weight in gold.

MsGuns
04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
lifetime fitness...im in heaven...

BigJD69
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
My basement and NYSC. There are no more hardcore Gym's in my area!!!

Allifit
04-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Gold's Gym Harrisbug! :)

and La Fitness Lancaster

Heather Grace
04-05-2009, 10:32 AM
ARMBRUST Pro Gym and once in a while cardio at 24.

GirlyMuscle
04-05-2009, 10:38 AM
World Gym, Reading PA.

I have an elliptical and treadmill in my living room, right in front of the TV/DVD player. The couch is off to the side. LOL I wish I had a stepmill, too.

oldschoollion
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
golds new haven and my garage/yard for grip and mostly odd lifting.
i have a couple bars a with a simple squat stand, rings off chin bar, kbs and clubs, prowler and sled, grip stuff, 10"x5' steel log, and a rower.

dvsness
04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Gold's Gym, Brooklyn NY

SallyAnne
04-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Anytime Fitness in 2 locations
Freedom Fitness
(both in the prescott area)

Buena Fitness in Sierra Vista

NPCfigure
04-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Body Quest Gym-Blauvelt NY

Steph Orr
04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I just started training again at GOLD'S GYM London, Ontario

lilfitgirl
04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
when i am at school its the Student Rec Center @ the University of Toledo - the SRC is pretty nice and a decent size
when i am at home its the Norwalk Rec Center - i live in rural Ohio...there's no such thing as a 'hard core' gym round these parts lol

thepump
04-13-2009, 08:05 PM
The hardcore no named one's. Rusty chalked stained pits. Now days hard to find so I'm at an ex gold's gym. Besides the atmospher is great with my ipod blaring six feet under :chainsaw::lift2:

The Big Sexy
04-13-2009, 09:43 PM

Double apology... I grew up in a small town outside of LaPorte Indiana... I always thought THAT place was a cesspool.... I guess home is where the heart is though....

fitbody
04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
i train where i work
LANGLEY FITNESS WORLD
i'm a full time personal trainer who works 6 days / week in the gym
and i'm a full time single mom
so i have to schedule my workouts in between clients
and i have a LIFE FITNESS X TRAINER in my dining room
that i do my cardio while my 7 yr old son is still sleeping
i will not take time away from my child he's too important to me
so my life & my training revolves around him as he's my first priority
yrs ago i had the pleasure to train in a couple real hard core gyms
and one day when my sons older
i'll go back to my roots and what i love
and my real dream is to open my own hardcore facility !!!!
God i'm ready for you to drop the dough on me any time now....
patiently waitin...
every day gettin closer to my goals...

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Powerhouse Gym in Scottsdale

AllieCos
05-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Powerhouse GYm, West Palm Beach