PDA

View Full Version : Girlie mags

Tatyana
04-03-2009, 06:55 PM
You know the ones I mean.

Hello, People, Heat and all the other super cheapie ones they sell in grocery stores that are full of gossip, weight loss articles and the reader's stories of triumph over hardship or total heartbreak.

I don't understand the attraction about reading about celebrities or what is the appeal of these magazines.

Who does read them and what is the appeal?

tight booty
04-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I read them when I am waiting in line, at the supermarket. It beats just standing there, doing nothing. I don't purchase them though, total waste of money. But I do like fashion mags and aussie has a weekly mag for $5 called "Gaza" which I have been getting.

Youngguns
04-03-2009, 08:17 PM
^^ Agreed. It's funny to see what "mesmorizing" bs they've come up with that day.

sassy69
04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Famous people have problems too! Apparently it makes us forget our own. *rolling my eyes* Basically everyone likes to read about a slow moving trainwreck anyway.

Youngguns
04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Britney tells friend she doesn't like mcdonalds chicken nuggets!!!!!!

Oh dang, I'm not a girl.

partsRheavy
04-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Nope. Newspapers, travel mags, books, or maybe rarely a fashion mag.

I don't even know who the celebrities are or have been for the last 15 years or so!

When I traveled to Europe, I did notice that magazines were really popular over there, especially for people to read on the trains.

Tatyana
04-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Famous people have problems too! Apparently it makes us forget our own. *rolling my eyes* Basically everyone likes to read about a slow moving trainwreck anyway.

What magazine or periodicals do you read Ms Physicist?

Nope. Newspapers, travel mags, books, or maybe rarely a fashion mag.

I don't even know who the celebrities are or have been for the last 15 years or so!

When I traveled to Europe, I did notice that magazines were really popular over there, especially for people to read on the trains.

Magazines are sold differently in Europe, especially England. Subscriptions are rare, they buy them off the newstand.

It is too bad that a lot of the newstands are dominated with really rubbish mags.

I have to go to Waterstones or Borders to get the interesting ones.

Tatyana
04-04-2009, 02:51 AM
I read them when I am waiting in line, at the supermarket. It beats just standing there, doing nothing. I don't purchase them though, total waste of money. But I do like fashion mags and aussie has a weekly mag for $5 called "Gaza" which I have been getting.

No Australian Woman's Weekly for you? :p