PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Griffin

Dr Pangloss
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
what do you guys think of him? He is definitetely in the top tier of 155s. He's beaten clay guida. Beat Uriah Faber. Beat other badasses.

I think he's got a great shot at beating florian. I think he could beat sherk in a rematch.

I think he's got some work to beat BJ Penn, but his cardio is so good, if he can take penn to the later rounds, i think he has about a 20% chance of beating him...

Hittin
04-03-2009, 07:35 PM
what do you guys think of him? He is definitetely in the top tier of 155s. He's beaten clay guida. Beat Uriah Faber. Beat other badasses.

I think he's got a great shot at beating florian. I think he could beat sherk in a rematch.

I think he's got some work to beat BJ Penn, but his cardio is so good, if he can take penn to the later rounds, i think he has about a 20% chance of beating him...

I don't like the dude...as far as I am concerned, Guida beat his ass and the proof is in Griffins face and actions after that fight, he knew he was beat, he knew it. Guida went to give him a respectful hand shake and the dickhead acted like a bitch.

He isn't top 5, 155 that is for sure.

Dr Pangloss
04-03-2009, 07:49 PM
well, we clearly disagree. he has as good a pedigree as anyone up and coming in 155.

his cardio is as good as guida's. And his kicks are better. And his stand up is better. And guida had nothing on him on the ground.

I hope he gets a chance to hand florian his ass, at least. Penn is a long-shot, but florian is very doable..

Plates
04-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I agree 100% with Hittin. Tyson was beat by Guida, hands down. I disagree about him being top 5 though, maybe top 10. He has 8 fights in the UFC, and quite frankly, im sick of watching his fights go to a decision. He's on finished 1 guy in the UFC by submission, and he was a nobody.

BrandonBass
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Tyson Griffin is a beast! One the most underrated fighters in the UFC. He fights on the undercard most of the time, which is rediculous. I don't think I have ever seen him in a boring fight! Griffin Vs. Edgar was one of the best fights I have seen in a while...

Dr Pangloss
04-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Tyson Griffin is a beast! One the most underrated fighters in the UFC. He fights on the undercard most of the time, which is rediculous. I don't think I have ever seen him in a boring fight! Griffin Vs. Edgar was one of the best fights I have seen in a while...

Yeah, i've never seen tg in a boring fight. Edgar is another top 155 er...

Plates
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
He is an exciting fighter, just not top tier in my opinion. He has only fought 1 guy in the UFC who is top tier and lost. That was the Muscle Jerk Sean Sherk. Other than that, Frankie Edgar was his next best opponent. I think in due time they will move up, but too many heavy hitters in there right now. Thats why he is a gate keeper for the time being.

Dr Pangloss
04-05-2009, 07:47 AM
ok, when i said op five, i knew i was pushing it. I think plates is right. He's a 'gatekeeper' for now, until he beats a florian or sherk or edgar.

Mr X
04-05-2009, 07:55 AM
ok, when i said op five, i knew i was pushing it. I think plates is right. He's a 'gatekeeper' for now, until he beats a florian or sherk or edgar.

No chance Tyson is a good fighter but i don't think he will ever get to the lever of say a Penn.

Dr Pangloss
04-05-2009, 08:00 AM
No chance Tyson is a good fighter but i don't think he will ever get to the lever of say a Penn.

neither will florian or sherk or sanchez at 155. i dont think anyone can beat Penn at 155, even though he's a whiner. I'm just saying Griffin is right up there. He's a great fighter. exciting. Great motor.

Plates
04-05-2009, 09:51 AM
The gate keepers at 155 always put on an awesome show. The 155 pool is so deep, that all the guys who are not top tier go so hard to make it or keep their jobs. I love watching that weight class.
Maybe thats why the 185 class is getting a little boring. Who's going to step in with Silva?? Not many people really want to tangle assholes with that guy.

BrandonBass
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Not many fighters will ever make it to Penn's level so that point is moot. But "no chance he is a good fighter?" Have you seen Tyson fight? Wow, I guess Randy Couture doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to MMA?

Also, if the UFC wants someone to be a star; they will become one....Forrest Griffin and Michael Bisping everyone! Forrest got knocked out by Jardine and then gets a title shot? They just don't market Tyson very well and it's sad bc he has A LOT of talent....

Roots
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
He has trouble finishing people here lately. It hurts his chances of getting a big fight, even if he keeps winning. Dana likes excitement..

Hittin
04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I just don't like the guy at all. He acts like a fucking baby when he loses and even when he wrongly gets awarded a decision against Guida.

It's MMA everyone loses and all he needs to do is look at his coach for how to do that with some class and dignity.

Until then let's see him fight Roger "Joe & Dana's Boy Toy" Huerta".

Dr Pangloss
04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I just don't like the guy at all. He acts like a fucking baby when he loses and even when he wrongly gets awarded a decision against Guida.

It's MMA everyone loses and all he needs to do is look at his coach for how to do that with some class and dignity.

Until then let's see him fight Roger "Joe & Dana's Boy Toy" Huerta".

Griffin's ground game is much better than Huerta's.

I think Huerta's kid-glove handling ended with kenny florian....

Hittin
04-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Griffin's ground game is much better than Huerta's.

I think Huerta's kid-glove handling ended with kenny florian....

That and more importantly his declining of a new UFC contract...might be awhile before we see Roger fight again.

Dr Pangloss
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Guida has a fight coming up with Sanchez. Should be great. Winner will get a Title shot, probably....

I think Sanchez will challenged by Guida's motor but i don't think he's a physical match for Sanchez. I'm amazed that Sanchez can make the weight.

Hittin
04-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Guida has a fight coming up with Sanchez. Should be great. Winner will get a Title shot, probably....

I think Sanchez will challenged by Guida's motor but i don't think he's a physical match for Sanchez. I'm amazed that Sanchez can make the weight.

Yea, Sanchez will too much for my boy Guida...but Guida always puts on a show, I have been watching this guy long before the UFC. He is all heart!

Plates
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Im going out on a limb here and will say Florian will give BJ a hell of a fight. BJ is my favorite fighter by far, but I still think Kenny will bring something to him.

As far as Huerta, I think he pissed Dana off a little when he told him he was going to get into movies. That didnt help his contract shit very well. If the movie biz doesnt work out for him, im sure Dana would love to have him back for about 1/3 of his past contract.

Guida/Sanchez.....wow...thats going to be AMAZING. Sanchez is a beast, but Guida has so much heart and class. Im picking the underdog in this one and rolling with Guida. Only because it has to be tough for Dirty Diego to cut like that. Its Guida's home weight class.....im going with caveman.

isujz4308
04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Tyson is up there in the rankings, but his last apperance wouldn't have shown that. I think he would be able to take Florian in a fight.

Plates
04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Tyson is up there in the rankings, but his last apperance wouldn't have shown that. I think he would be able to take Florian in a fight.

You are kidding right? Kenny would kill him hands down.

Charles Kozeluh
04-14-2009, 10:20 AM
tyson is good but he's like a poor mans sherk. Snachez Florian Sherk and Penn are just to good for him at this point. Of those four he has a chance to beat Penn and only because of Bjs shitty cardio