PDA

View Full Version : What are some creative ways to use Whey Protein?

Isabelle Turell
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I have heard of using it in pancakes, cookies, etc. I am always looking for a new way to enjoy my protein. Not saying I enjoy now but I like to ry new things from time to time:rolleyes:

DistinctChoice
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey Belle,

Great avatar photo. Your arm and delt look PUMPED like crazy there. Awesome!

Back to your question, I used to mix ON vanilla whey powder into my morning coffee and take it to class in a travel mug. It was sort of like using Coffee Mate, although obviously not horrible for you consume. It tasted decent enough.

Albeit not very successfully, I have on a few occasions sprinkled half a scoop over a bowl of Cheerios and milk in the morning to up its overall protein content. It didn't mix very well, but perhaps if I ever tried that again, I'd blend the powder and milk before pouring it over the cereal.

Congrats on your placing at the Arnold. You looked great for your pro debut!

Mr X
04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I like to sprinkle Protein on my head and dance around...that's pretty creative.

DaveV
04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
We need protein brownies

GirlyMuscle
04-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Protein cookie

1/8 cup of oatmeal
1-2 scoops of protein powder
splenda to taste

Add water to oatmeal in a cereal bowl and nuke for 1:30. Stir in splenda. add protein powder and mix. Do NOT add more water unless you absolutely have to. It should be a very thick pastey batter. Spread evenly in bowl. Nuke again for 1:30.

Enjoy!

muscles_1976
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
The Frosty

8 oz water
2 pkts sweet n low
1 scp vanilla protein
1 scp chocolate protein
15-20 ice cubes

water and sweet n low in blender first, turn blender on (with lid on lol!!) add protein, THEN ADD ice cubes. I like to stir it as it is blending to help the ice cubes along.....I am telling you this tasted JUST like a frosty from Wendy's!! the texture is perfect! kinda drinkable......but can eat with a spoon too! I am using the Beverly UMP vanilla and MP chocolate......I think Isolyze would be much thinner, so maybe less water?

The Brownie Batter/no bake cookie

1 scp vanilla UMP
1 scp choc. MP
just enough water to mix into a pudding
1 T. PB or walnuts
if not dieting.........
cool whip
oats

I am sure eveyone has tried this but it is my fav......eat it at least twice per day......mix protein and water, drizzle with PB, top with cool whip

*if using oats I mix those in after protein is blended, but before I put the PB on, by drizziling pb you get the FULL flavor of it, if you stir it in it just gets lost in the choc flavor too much for me. Pretty much taste like the no bake cookies! but........dare I say........BETTER lol.

the above recipe is FANTASTIC with 2 scps vanilla UMP, it mixes like a very thick cake batter.......just start with little bits of water! you can get too much very quickly! then its soup.......instead of pudding lol. The vanilla and PB work very well together

I used to do the pancake thing ALL the time pouring it into a waffle iron.....super delicious, but I began to worry too much about the integrity of the protein. I wonder if heating/cooking it actually "kills" some of the protein.....

what do you use?

lilfitgirl
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
ooo good thread!
question tho...when making the protein cookies or pancakes...are you strictly using non-flavored protein powder?

the food court @ UT adds in non-flavored protein to their accai berry smoothies which taste great and are no fat and high in antioxidents :)

thepump
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I like to put it in my smoothie in the morning, but most creative is putting using it to bake. Instead of using flour to line pans or dredge meat, I just the protein powder.

The Big Sexy
04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
I've put some chocolate protein in with liquid egg whites (I get at Trader Joe's) - tastes like a chocolate milkshake...

a carton costs $2.19 - has roughly 50g of protein - get a scoop of chocolate protein, you have a great before bed shake or something to down early in the morning.

~TBS~

Strikerrjones
04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Whey protein w/ strawberries. Creative and refreshing.

;) edited by sassy69 .. preserving the sentiment but changing the thought!

Strikerrjones
04-14-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm sorry, that should probably be deleted.

sassy69
04-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm sorry, that should probably be deleted.

Fixed :)

sassy69
04-14-2009, 02:13 AM
My standbys:

Protein Pancakes:
1/2 c oatmeal - cook as usual (I usually nuke w/ enough water to cover the oats, 1.5 min)
1 scoop protein mix (I use vanilla flavor) - mix in for dry-ish paste consistency
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites (or 3 egg whites) - mix in -- makes batter consistency
2 splenda packets (With only 1 it seems to taste more cardboardy... - 2 minimum.)

Spray a skillet w/ PAM, plop the batter stuff in. When it starts to get more solid-ish, then I find it easiest to cut the whole thing in quarters to flip. Then flip, cook until both sides pancake-ish. Eat.

I make a couple of these to travel with if I don't want to get stuck w/ just protein bars - great for the plane.

Protein Pudding:

I'm sort of burnt on the consistency of your standard protein shake and I don't have access to a blender at work. So this is my alternative.

1 - 1 1/2 scoops protein mix
1 -2 tbls ANPB
1 - 2 splenda packets
cold coffee or water to mix to preferred consistency.

Also travels great, but recently I had it confiscated at the airport as "more than 3 oz of liquid" :(

Strikerrjones
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Fixed :)

LOL, thanks. That's at least as good.

dvsness
04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I add a scoop to my oats in the morning - Cinnamon Oatmeal flavor whey.

Sometimes I make a 'pudding' out of chocolate pro with PB or almond butter, psyllium husks and water.

I have added it to my pancake batter and in flax muffins.

psyllium
01-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Very interesting article to be read... Psyllium husk Powder (http://www.psylliumexport.com)

DieselXT
01-25-2011, 10:06 AM
A delicious shake that i always make now since im dieting is a vanilla pina colada shake its low in cals,fat and carbs and pretty high in protein.

use 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla whey lo carb like on 100% whey
half a slice of fresh pineapple since pineapple if a lil high in carbs
2 cups of water, you can use more or less depending on how intense you want it to taste
some ice
2 drops of coconut extract
optional: 2 egg whites

put all that in the blender mix it all up and your good to go it tastes amazing and very good for a dieting shake :)

janakaquarius
02-08-2011, 03:32 AM
The Frosty

8 oz water
2 pkts sweet n low
1 scp vanilla protein
1 scp chocolate protein
15-20 ice cubes

water and sweet n low in blender first, turn blender on (with lid on lol!!) add protein, THEN ADD ice cubes. I like to stir it as it is blending to help the ice cubes along.....I am telling you this tasted JUST like a frosty from Wendy's!! the texture is perfect! kinda drinkable......but can eat with a spoon too! I am using the Beverly UMP vanilla and MP chocolate......I think Isolyze would be much thinner, so maybe less water?

The Brownie Batter/no bake cookie

1 scp vanilla UMP
1 scp choc. MP
just enough water to mix into a pudding
1 T. PB or walnuts
if not dieting.........
cool whip
oats

I am sure eveyone has tried this but it is my fav......eat it at least twice per day......mix protein and water, drizzle with PB, top with cool whip

*if using oats I mix those in after protein is blended, but before I put the PB on, by drizziling pb you get the FULL flavor of it, if you stir it in it just gets lost in the choc flavor too much for me. Pretty much taste like the no bake cookies! but........dare I say........BETTER lol.

the above recipe is FANTASTIC with 2 scps vanilla UMP, it mixes like a very thick cake batter.......just start with little bits of water! you can get too much very quickly! then its soup.......instead of pudding lol. The vanilla and PB work very well together

I used to do the pancake thing ALL the time pouring it into a waffle iron.....super delicious, but I began to worry too much about the integrity of the protein. I wonder if heating/cooking it actually "kills" some of the protein.....

what do you use?

Very nice posting is this really.I'm completely agree with you regarding the Protein diet.You specified a very well maintained diet having protein.
thanks for sharing this information.

[/URL][URL="http://caredelhi.com/"]
(http://govaastu.com/)

fitange
06-24-2011, 08:24 AM
ovf0lU3DT24

daft205
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
A simple " whey pudding" is just mixing a scoop of protein into some nf Greek yogurt. I like chobani yogurt and you can use any flavor- right now I have some strawberries and cream need2build that's works well,

Young Gotti
07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
A simple " whey pudding" is just mixing a scoop of protein into some nf Greek yogurt. I like chobani yogurt and you can use any flavor- right now I have some strawberries and cream need2build that's works well,

yep thats what i do....i use a cup of plain chobani it's like 20 g's of protein, i use need 2 build chocolate pb protein at half a scoop another 10g's.....zero fat and 30g's of protein...awesome snack

Kevinaz55
07-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I have been using those SF FF Pudding mixes alot.

1 packet of SF FF Butterscotch flavor, 1/4-1/2cup of eggwhites, 2 scoops of casein protein, almond milk/coconut milk. Whisk all ingredients and add water if you want to make it a little smoother.

i usually freeze this and eat it like a sorbet before bed. BOMB!