PDA

View Full Version : My new adventure as an ifbb pro

janet kaufman
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Being an IFBB pro still hadn't sunk in for me yet until I had the opportunity to go to Phoenix and participate in the Bro's vs Pro's and work at the Species Booth. I finally realized that wow I am a pro. As an amateur I wouldn't have the opportunities I now have. It starts a new adventure and a lot more hard work to be anywhere close to being competitive at the Pro level.
I have chosen to do the Hartford CT show in July. I know the competition is tough so going in to learn what I can from my first pro show plus it will be great to stand on stage with woman I have admired for years.
I am going to try to get out here and journal as often as I can. I lead a pretty simple live that I hope isn't too boring for those reading. I am up at 3am and to the gym by 5:30 am then it is off to work and home and bed by 8:30 if I am lucky. But I will try to make it more interesting than that ;)
stay tuned.

The Prodigy
09-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Yahooooooooooo! Your back!!!!!!!!!! I miss you lady!!!!!!!!!

Melissa
09-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Jan, you know I'm in!! And I'm REALLY glad you're doing the Hartford Europa....I just might actually be able to be there for your pro debut because Hartford's not too far from me!!!

katt981
09-19-2011, 10:12 PM
YEAH~ now the Pro level comps! Are you anxious and excited?

janet kaufman
09-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Yahooooooooooo! Your back!!!!!!!!!! I miss you lady!!!!!!!!!
:hmn:

janet kaufman
09-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Jan, you know I'm in!! And I'm REALLY glad you're doing the Hartford Europa....I just might actually be able to be there for your pro debut because Hartford's not too far from me!!!
it would be great to see you! I am excited for your upcoming show and cant wait to see how you do!

janet kaufman
09-19-2011, 11:39 PM
YEAH~ now the Pro level comps! Are you anxious and excited?
I am excited but very realistic. The pro level is extremely competitive and I have a lot of work to do but I thrive on challenge so I am ready

The Prodigy
09-22-2011, 01:29 AM
The most broken drum beats the loudest.

That's my new mantra! LOL!!!

So one of my kids brought a condom for show and tell..he likes balloons! Gotta love it!!!!

janet kaufman
09-22-2011, 11:12 PM
The most broken drum beats the loudest.

That's my new mantra! LOL!!!

So one of my kids brought a condom for show and tell..he likes balloons! Gotta love it!!!!

OMG! Too funny! Gene and I blew one up once and played keep away from the dog.( i know sick and wrong but things get a little boring over here)

I like your mantra

janet kaufman
09-24-2011, 12:16 AM
hunting widow this weekend just me the dogs and 15chickens. at least i am not lonely.
finally feel like i am in a good groove with training. hit heavy quads today. focused on squats and going deeper. pretty happy that i am doing that with some heavier weights. knock on wood my knees feel good
leg ext
seated ham curl (always like to throw in a ham exercise even on quad day.
squats 5 sets
single leg squat on life fitness machine
leg press 450, 540,630,630 8-10
step up with reverse lunge
kick backs
calves seated 4 sets
standing calve raises 340 380 380 380 15

wildcat22
09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I am excited for 2012 also cant wait for the schedule to come out so I can put togeather my plan!!

janet kaufman
09-26-2011, 11:23 PM
I am excited for 2012 also cant wait for the schedule to come out so I can put togeather my plan!!

I am excited to see the schedule too!

tammyp
09-27-2011, 05:40 AM
for bbing janet i know hartford and im sure tampa.....

katt981
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
how did your husband do hunting? Get anything yet?

Our's start on Oct 10th, although I'm not hunting this year :mad: used up all my vaca time already.....

janet kaufman
09-27-2011, 11:31 PM
for bbing janet i know hartford and im sure tampa.....

do you know the date of Hartford? I am guess end of july. I think that will be the one I commit to.
you doing Hartford? I know you told me but can't remember.

janet kaufman
09-27-2011, 11:36 PM
how did your husband do hunting? Get anything yet?

Our's start on Oct 10th, although I'm not hunting this year :mad: used up all my vaca time already.....

Gene is back from hunting an no luck. It was pretty dry. the draw he wanted to hunt had a bear someone had shot and left lay so kind of ruined that spot. Our seaso opens Oct 10th as well so Gene can go out again. I am hoping to get out as well but will have to wait until after eye surgery. dont think I can shoot well with these classes.
definateley need meat in the freezer

janet kaufman
09-27-2011, 11:37 PM
it is only tuesday and my is already full.Clients regular work. eye doc appt on thursday to get eyes dialated for my surgery. looks like surgey wont happen until nov3 instead of oct 10th. another month in glasses...sucks but whats another month waited this long. going to watch a local bodybuilding show 2 hrs north. should be fun. sent pics to dave for off season will see what he says.
did back today. just trying to lift heavy and put size on. Feeling like i look like crap (just having a pitty party week) time to put my big girl panties on.

Wh1teruss1an
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
How much meat do you get from a kill? I would love to go hunting for my protein.

The Prodigy
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey captain poopy pants...no pity party allowed!!!!!!!!!

NO luck hunting...no meat in the freezer? At least yah got those chickens to lay some eggs for yah!

Why do you have to wear glasses until your surgery?

Let me know what show you commit to! I may need a vacation away next year!

I sent offseason pictures to Jenny Craig...she emailed back saying...drop the cookies....is that a problem?

katt981
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Meat in the freezer is always good - especially ELK! YUM! :yep:

You judging this weekend at the show?

janet kaufman
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
How much meat do you get from a kill? I would love to go hunting for my protein.

I will have to ask my husband but i think if you get a good size elk you can get almost as much meat as a small beef .

janet kaufman
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey captain poopy pants...no pity party allowed!!!!!!!!!

NO luck hunting...no meat in the freezer? At least yah got those chickens to lay some eggs for yah!

Why do you have to wear glasses until your surgery?

Let me know what show you commit to! I may need a vacation away next year!

I sent offseason pictures to Jenny Craig...she emailed back saying...drop the cookies....is that a problem?

You are too funny! I do have those chickens laying 15 eggs a day.
I was having to wear my glasses until surgery so the surgeons could get exact measurements of my eye. when you where contacts it affect the shape. but now all the measurements are done and was told Thursday I could wear my contacts up until surgery.

I decided to do the Hartford show. gives more time to get ready. would be great to see you. I want to go stay with you and parachute!:yep:

janet kaufman
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Meat in the freezer is always good - especially ELK! YUM! :yep:

You judging this weekend at the show?

Didnt get asked to judge just going up to watch and stay with my girlfriend. Are you going?

IslandGirl
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi Janet! So stoked about you turning Pro!!! So happy for you!

katt981
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah I did go - was totally disappointed with the 140 & up women's bb'ing competitors :mad: .. ok, well, disappointed in the whole women's bb'ing group...

that's about all I can say.. You looked great though! That group photo was fun to watch! :) We were sitting a couple rows back from you on the isle. We were going to say 'hi' after the show, but I don't know what happened.. :dunno: next time :)

Suzanne
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Catching up

from what i hear hartford and tim already set with sponsors for tampa
also stryker said he wanted it at the phoenix pro

The Prodigy
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
You are too funny! I do have those chickens laying 15 eggs a day.
I was having to wear my glasses until surgery so the surgeons could get exact measurements of my eye. when you where contacts it affect the shape. but now all the measurements are done and was told Thursday I could wear my contacts up until surgery.

I decided to do the Hartford show. gives more time to get ready. would be great to see you. I want to go stay with you and parachute!:yep:

Hardford.....when is that show? My brain is elsewhere..........

Whenever you have money to get your bootie to Chi town we will go Skydiving! I want to go in Vegas too!!

janet kaufman
10-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi Janet! So stoked about you turning Pro!!! So happy for you!

Thank you! you are looking amazing

janet kaufman
10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah I did go - was totally disappointed with the 140 & up women's bb'ing competitors :mad: .. ok, well, disappointed in the whole women's bb'ing group...

that's about all I can say.. You looked great though! That group photo was fun to watch! :) We were sitting a couple rows back from you on the isle. We were going to say 'hi' after the show, but I don't know what happened.. :dunno: next time :)

i was bummed on the womens turn out for bb as well. i wish we would had a chance to chat. are you going to the Emerald?

janet kaufman
10-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Catching up

from what i hear hartford and tim already set with sponsors for tampa
also stryker said he wanted it at the phoenix pro

cool!!!

janet kaufman
10-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Hardford.....when is that show? My brain is elsewhere.......... late july

Whenever you have money to get your bootie to Chi town we will go Skydiving! I want to go in Vegas too!!

I could probably swing vegas:hmn:

janet kaufman
10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
went to spokane to watch the Night of Champions bodybuilding, figure and bikini show. it was great fun!! stayed with my old workout partner that had moved in june.was fun to catch up and do girls weekend.
have been doing multiple test on my eyes for eye surgery as of thursday was told cant do the lense implant where i keep my own lense and implant an artificial lense behind it because my corneas are too thin but the surgeons will do the surgery where they take my lense and put an artificial lense in which is cataract surgery is. but the only drawback is that i will have to have readers but i am ok with that. the surgery is November 2. a little nervous! i only have two eyeballs.

it hams today

seated hamcurl
standing hamcurl
leg press wide and high
walk lunge
russian leans
stiff legged dead lifts
bench lunge
cable kick backs
calves

The Prodigy
10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I could probably swing vegas:hmn:

Your show is the same weekend as USA's right?

I have to check the schedule when it comes out to see when mine is.

Maybe we can find a place to Sky Dive after the Hartford! Hmmmm......

katt981
10-04-2011, 10:04 AM
i was bummed on the womens turn out for bb as well. i wish we would had a chance to chat. are you going to the Emerald?

Oh for sure! I'm really glad it will be back at the Meyerbauer this next year.. :yep: I already booked our hotel, although it's not the host hotel. We are at the Sheraton (former host hotel) the room rates are a tad higher, but it's a wash after you factor in the paid parking, vs free at the Sheraton. And the beds are heavenly!!

janet kaufman
10-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Your show is the same weekend as USA's right?

I have to check the schedule when it comes out to see when mine is.

Maybe we can find a place to Sky Dive after the Hartford! Hmmmm......

i like that idea. you called poopy pants in an earlier post. i am sure i would have poopy pants the first time I sky dive:hypno:

janet kaufman
10-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Oh for sure! I'm really glad it will be back at the Meyerbauer this next year.. :yep: I already booked our hotel, although it's not the host hotel. We are at the Sheraton (former host hotel) the room rates are a tad higher, but it's a wash after you factor in the paid parking, vs free at the Sheraton. And the beds are heavenly!!

I was excited about the Meyerbauer too. I will check into that hotel sounds good.

janet kaufman
10-07-2011, 12:01 AM
finally got time to get out here for a bit. been busy with the final appointments for eye surgery. one more doc appt next wednesday get my eyes dialated. last Thursday i had that done and they didnt go back to normal til sat afternnoon. work has been busy this week a few people are gone from our department
Brie and I hit shoulders today. try to work mostly on shoulder caps today
db press 45 50 50 50 last set did a drop sets of 8
db seated side laterals x4
uprite row with cables x4
bent over db rows 25 25 25 271/2 x4
machine side laterals
front raises with plate 35 35 35 35
db shrug 70 75 75 75
abs
hang leg raise
reverse crunch
hanging leg raise to the side

janet kaufman
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
not ready for the cold weather yet. more of a warm weather kind of gal. spent weekend home cleaning house and spent time with hubby. he got his information packet for his new job.he won't know where he will be working until he goes out there on ocy 18th. he will work shift work and this is the first ime since we have been married. we will be an adjustment.
so we went out for a Dairy Queen Blizzard yesterday. Flavor of the month is pumpkin. it was yummy.
hit hams and quads today emphasis on hams
leg ext x4
seated curl ss ball rollsx4
vertical press x4 sets
smith lunge x4
stiff legged deadlifts x4
db lunge of of bench
side lunge 2x15 80
kick backs
calves

The Prodigy
10-13-2011, 03:00 PM
not ready for the cold weather yet. more of a warm weather kind of gal. spent weekend home cleaning house and spent time with hubby. he got his information packet for his new job.he won't know where he will be working until he goes out there on ocy 18th. he will work shift work and this is the first ime since we have been married. we will be an adjustment.
so we went out for a Dairy Queen Blizzard yesterday. Flavor of the month is pumpkin. it was yummy.
hit hams and quads today emphasis on hams
leg ext x4
seated curl ss ball rollsx4
vertical press x4 sets
smith lunge x4
stiff legged deadlifts x4
db lunge of of bench
side lunge 2x15 80
kick backs
calves

DId you say Dairy Queen? YUM-O!

janet kaufman
10-17-2011, 11:55 PM
DId you say Dairy Queen? YUM-O!

Oh Yeah!! I am a member of the Blizzard fan club.

janet kaufman
10-17-2011, 11:56 PM
tomorrow is first day at hubbies new job. we are both nervous. looked at some of the benefits and they are pretty nice. I just want him to be happy.
went to friends shop to watch the Nascar race on Saturday night. It was a fun get together. did the usual cheat of pizza and dessert this time coconut crm pie.
was feeling kind of crappy this morning so workout sucked at beginning but as I got going it got better. knees were hurting could be the weather.
leg ext
leg curl 21,s
leg press x4 sets
walking lunges
lying db curl 45 50 55 60
db stiff legs
standing leg curl
bench lunge 50 50 50
squat on cable for burnout set did 2 sets
calves seated

AnglicanBeachParty
10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
This is a great thread (just found it; I've been off the forums for a while).

Best wishes to you as a Pro, Janet!

janet kaufman
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM
hubby has been training at his new job since tuesday. lots of safety stuff but i think he will really like it. benefits are awesome! just lots of paper work to fill out. shift work may suck. it is only two graveyards two days then 4days off.

workouts with Brie have been great. both pushing each other hard.
did shoulders today

seated lateral raise x4
front cable raise x4
bentover db laterals x4
smith military press x4
wide uprite row 60 60 60 60
shrugs x4 70 75 75 75

week and a half til eye surgery yeah!!

The Prodigy
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh Yeah!! I am a member of the Blizzard fan club.

Do you like Dairy Queen better than Coldstone? Why am I talking about this? I am dieting and get NO cheat meals......urrr...here come the ice cream dreams!

janet kaufman
10-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Do you like Dairy Queen better than Coldstone? Why am I talking about this? I am dieting and get NO cheat meals......urrr...here come the ice cream dreams!

cold stone is 2 hours away so i settle for dairy queen. that ice cream we had in Phoenix was awesome huh?
so does that mean you will be having cold dreams??;)

janet kaufman
10-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Hubby seems to like his new job. first graveyard shift is tomorrow. thank goodness the dogs will be here to keep me company.
workouts have been good strength is good. trying to do more strength moves for overall size but the reps still 8-10 sometimes 12
back and arm day
dead lifts x4
bentover x 4
t bar row under hand gripx4
front pulldwns x4
seated row wide grip x4
pullups to failure x3
hyper ext
biceps
21's
preacher curls
seated db curls

triceps
triceps pushdwn
cable kickbacks
overhead ext
still trying to me and hubby's schedule coordinated so hopefully can get back to blogging regularly

The Prodigy
10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
cold stone is 2 hours away so i settle for dairy queen. that ice cream we had in Phoenix was awesome huh?
so does that mean you will be having cold dreams??;)

Well get your bootie to Chicago and have Coldstone with me! Oh...and skydive too!!

janet kaufman
10-30-2011, 03:31 PM
gene made it through his graveyard shifts I think he is going to like the 4 days on and 4 off rotation.
wednesday is the big day. eye surgery day. cant wait!!!
just got my paper work for my pro card and list of pro shows. I was planning to do the Europa show which i thought was the end of July but instead it is the end of June. i am wanting to get as much of off season as possible and go in bigger. thought about doing the Wings of Strength or Tampa show but don't want to do something that is over my head for my first show but there only being 5 shows not counting the Olympia all the shows will probably be over my head. Just want to get some experience with out coming in last:nuts: huh?

did cusser workout on friday and quads are killing me!!!

leg ext x2 sets 4 drops to failure on ea set
squats on smith 4 sets of 25
leg press 50b reps ss hack squats 25 x 3 sets
walking lunges x 3 sets 100 yards each
cable kick backs

The Prodigy
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
gene made it through his graveyard shifts I think he is going to like the 4 days on and 4 off rotation.
wednesday is the big day. eye surgery day. cant wait!!!
just got my paper work for my pro card and list of pro shows. I was planning to do the Europa show which i thought was the end of July but instead it is the end of June. i am wanting to get as much of off season as possible and go in bigger. thought about doing the Wings of Strength or Tampa show but don't want to do something that is over my head for my first show but there only being 5 shows not counting the Olympia all the shows will probably be over my head. Just want to get some experience with out coming in last:nuts: huh?

did cusser workout on friday and quads are killing me!!!

leg ext x2 sets 4 drops to failure on ea set
squats on smith 4 sets of 25
leg press 50b reps ss hack squats 25 x 3 sets
walking lunges x 3 sets 100 yards each
cable kick backs

I cast my vote on the Tampa or Hartford........
Best of luck with the eye surgery! I know everything will go great!

janet kaufman
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
I cast my vote on the Tampa or Hartford........
Best of luck with the eye surgery! I know everything will go great!

tampa would be warmer:yep:

janet kaufman
11-02-2011, 12:00 AM
talked to dave today and he thinks i should stay with the original plan and do the Europa show first. So now that i have officially decided. I can focus on the show.
back and arm day
pull ups narrow 0 25 45 45 10-12 reps
tbar supported x4
bentover rows 135 155 155 155
neutral grip pulldwns x4
seated row under hand grip x4
1 arm rows 85 90 90
hi pulls x4
hyper ext

biceps
drag curls x4
preacher x4
hammer curls x4

triceps
rope ext x4
reverse ext x4
supine db ext x4

The Prodigy
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
talked to dave today and he thinks i should stay with the original plan and do the Europa show first. So now that i have officially decided. I can focus on the show.
back and arm day
pull ups narrow 0 25 45 45 10-12 reps
tbar supported x4
bentover rows 135 155 155 155
neutral grip pulldwns x4
seated row under hand grip x4
1 arm rows 85 90 90
hi pulls x4
hyper ext

biceps
drag curls x4
preacher x4
hammer curls x4

triceps
rope ext x4
reverse ext x4
supine db ext x4

I think we start dieting at the same time then!:yep:

Yahoo! A cardio buddy to text!

janet kaufman
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I think we start dieting at the same time then!:yep:

Yahoo! A cardio buddy to text!

you know it!! I hope to see you there.

janet kaufman
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
today was eye surgery day. one down another to go at 2pm my whole right side is numb. like going to the dentist but taken up a billion notches:hypno:
eye surgery took 5 minutes the prep took hour and a half. goodby contacts!!!

The Prodigy
11-02-2011, 10:42 PM
today was eye surgery day. one down another to go at 2pm my whole right side is numb. like going to the dentist but taken up a billion notches:hypno:
eye surgery took 5 minutes the prep took hour and a half. goodby contacts!!!

Glad you are okay! Been thinking bout you all day!

wildcat22
11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Hows life?? I am going to do the show in Chicago july 6th!! It feels good to have something to shoot for!

janet kaufman
11-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Hows life?? I am going to do the show in Chicago july 6th!! It feels good to have something to shoot for!

life is good just plugging away. gene started a new job. it is shift work so a little adjustment. how are things with you?

Awesome that you are competing this year. still bodybuilding right?

janet kaufman
11-03-2011, 11:57 PM
eyes are about 90% it will take a week or so to get both eyes working together i have one prescription for near and one prescription for distance. already it is amazing what i can see.
will lift on friday a little lighter but back to normal on monday.

janet kaufman
11-08-2011, 11:47 PM
this week fairly light workouts due to eye surgery. cant risk breaking something loose if that is possible.
the higher reps are killin me but nice change
today we did back and kept rep range about 15-20
pullups
deadlifts
reverse grip
pulldwns behind the neck
seated row narrow grip
hi pulls
hammer strength row machine

janet kaufman
11-11-2011, 11:10 PM
gene is on grave yard shift so time to get caught up on posting.
the eye doc wants me to be careful on heavy lifting for another week. so really have to make sure i dont get any major pressure in my eye.
excited about Nationals cant wait to see how the wp goes!! I wish I was going.
quads today
squats 7 sets reps 15 10 10 10 8 8 15
super set leg press hacks and front squat x 4 sets
leg ext 4 sets
smith lunge ss sissy squat x3
butt kick backsx3
calves

it is time that i break down and start looking at getting a new night show suit so I will be shopping this weekend.

The Prodigy
11-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Well...find any good night suits?

tammyp
11-14-2011, 05:37 AM
hey lady! we need to catch up...been too long!

janet kaufman
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Well...find any good night suits?
the last few day have been crazy busy havent even got chance to look. I have a few days off for thanksgiving. so will then.

janet kaufman
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=tammyp;1574244]hey lady! we need to catch up...been too long![/QUOTE
I know! I will try to give you a call this weekend.

tammyp
11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
im on the road this weekend...but try anyway....

janet kaufman
11-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Happy turkey day!!! Ok almost turkey day!!

Suzanne
11-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Happy Turkey day to you!!

Got any plans? we are going to a friend house and he is making a bunch of yummy desserts!!!! Can't wait! And we are seeing Happy Feet 2

janet kaufman
11-28-2011, 11:18 PM
hope everyone had a great turkey day. I survived the holiday. enjoyed the food. Gene smoked up some turkeys and i made a peanut butter pie for dinner with my family. no black friday stuff for me. hit the gym with Brie and humg out at home. just how i like it!
hit legs with Brie this morning. of course all week i was able to sleep when I didnt have to get up at 3 am but last night tossed and turned all night.
it was a caffeine kind of morning.
seated leg curls full range the half range = 1 rep did four sets of these
walking lunge with squat. lunge lunge squat squat repeat x3 sets
leg press narrow stance x4
stiff legged deadlift on bench using cable x4
bench lunge 45 45 45
kick backs cable x3
db plias x2
calves standing x6
hope i feel this workout tomorrow

AnglicanBeachParty
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
walking lunge with squat. lunge lunge squat squat repeat x3 sets

Those sound brutal!!

The Prodigy
11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Did you say peanut butter pie?????????

janet kaufman
12-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Did you say peanut butter pie????????? oh yeah!!!!!!:yep:

janet kaufman
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
just couldn't wake up today. the weather has been kind of gloomy.
chest day today
incline barbell press x4 8-10
flat barbell press x4 8-10
declin db press 45 50 55 55 8-10
pec dec 21's x3 sets
incline fly 25x3
incl sit up w/db
wheel roll outs
rope crunch
giant set

janet kaufman
12-07-2011, 12:16 AM
trying to get ready for the holidays doesnt give me much time to blog. by the time i read all the new post and comment. all of a sudden it is bedtime and i havent written anything on my journal. need to start shopping. gene's family are the hard ones to buy gifts for. And Gene is quite the prograstinator (sp)?
Had a good back workout
pullups x4
bent over rows x4
t bar rows x4
reverse grip pulldwns x4
one arm rows 80 90 90
seated row ss hi pulls
biceps and tri s

tammyp
12-07-2011, 06:37 AM
GREAT chatting sunday...hope to see you soon!

janet kaufman
12-17-2011, 10:35 PM
wow!! finally got done with all of my christmas shopping done. does of activities these last few weeks. late nights. did a motorcycle toys for tots ride last weekend. work xmas party last thursday, ornament exchange party today. delivering xmas baskets tomorrow also watching inlaws two dogs along with our two until Jan 7th it is a crazy house right now. i am just glad only one sleeps on the bed with us. looking forward for a few days off so i can sleep. I have been able to hit the gym. so that is good. damage control.
january get to go to phoenix for my friend Bret's 50th birthday. Cant wait. group going to surprise him.
Monday I will be back on a regular blog schedule

janet kaufman
12-20-2011, 12:09 AM
got our xmas baskets delivered yesterday and some last minute shopping done.just two more days of work. then so relax time

hams today
seat curls 21's 4 sets
lying db curl 60 60 60 65
smith lunge x4
stiff legged dead lift x4
bench lunge ss kick backs x4
in outs
calves x6

The Prodigy
12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
I am so jealous you got to do Toys for Tots! I want to hear about everything you get for Xmas. This jewish girl gets nuthin. Santa skips my house...or maybe thats cause I am so naughty!

Training looks solid! Keep it up! Hows that diet treating you around the holidays?

janet kaufman
12-20-2011, 11:58 PM
I am so jealous you got to do Toys for Tots! I want to hear about everything you get for Xmas. This jewish girl gets nuthin. Santa skips my house...or maybe thats cause I am so naughty!

Training looks solid! Keep it up! Hows that diet treating you around the holidays?

the ride was a blast as usual. The day was beautiful.
now that I have jewish BFF i need to brush up on my jewish culture.
I think you may be a little naughty;)

janet kaufman
12-20-2011, 11:59 PM
decided to do some supersets today for back
bent over smith row ss inverted row x4
db rows ss t bar x4
close grip pull dwns x4
hi pulls 180 230 190 190
decline pullovers x
hyper ext

arms bi's tri's
one more day of work then 5 days off. no clients yesterday so went and got a micrdermabrasion felt awesome.

The Prodigy
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I can't help with the Jewish culture thing..I know and remember nothing!

Hope you have a GREAT Christmas!

janet kaufman
12-23-2011, 12:09 AM
I can't help with the Jewish culture thing..I know and remember nothing!

Hope you have a GREAT Christmas!

you know more than me. I didnt realize that if you are jewish you dont exchange gifts. just dont want to do or say anything to make me look like an ass.

merry christmas :hmn:

janet kaufman
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
i am officially done christmas shopping. no clients until next week. No work at the school district until next wednesday. I think i am ready for christmas now:D Gene and I decided not to get anything for each other for christmas but i wanted to get him a little something. He wanted tank tops for working out. Do you know how hard it is to find tanks in Idaho in the middle of winter? I found wife beaters but he has way too much chest hair for those. :D i managed to find him one.

shoulder work today
db press 45 50 50 50
seated side laterals x4
rear delts on pec deck x4
cable side laterals x4
front raise x4
standing barbell press x4
shrugs x6
abs

The Prodigy
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
So...update please...how was Christmas?

janet kaufman
12-29-2011, 12:07 AM
So...update please...how was Christmas?
christmas was great! christmas eve we spent at home due to the fact inlaws were visiting back in Missouri.
Christmas day we went to my parent's house who live a block away from us. got a pair of workout shoes and these things called egg eze. where you can make hard boiled eggs with out the shell which is awesome because fresh farm eggs dont peel like a store bought. Going to Phoenix in a few weeks. Gene said that his gift to me his tickets to phoenix and his gift his the peace and quiet without me around.:flowers:
My one brother brought silly string to christmas with my parents and it was a free for all. I wish i had a video camera. Gene did unload his whole can on the side of my brothers face. I know it sounds disfunctional but one can never laugh enough.

how was your holiday?

it was back to work today after having 6 days off now that was hard

janet kaufman
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
the dog woke us up at 2:30 am panting because he is afraid of wind blowing. when an 80 pound dog pants the whole bed shakes so needless to say a bit tired today but did manage to get a good shoulder workout in.

side laterals 2 sets 20 reps 3 sets 10 reps
db press 3 sets 10 last set drop
side lateral cables x4
front raise barbell x4
rear delt w/ pec dec 3 sets last set drop
rear delt cable x4
uprite row x4

mcstrick
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi Janet, I'm new here. Congratulations to you on earning your pro card. Looking forward to reading your training journals to learn more about how a true bodybuilder works out:) Have a great evening.

janet kaufman
12-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi Janet, I'm new here. Congratulations to you on earning your pro card. Looking forward to reading your training journals to learn more about how a true bodybuilder works out:) Have a great evening.

thank you. i hope to keep my journals interesting

janet kaufman
12-31-2011, 12:31 AM
exciting news i get to go to the Arnold and work in the species booth! i have never been so this will be fun to see everyone that normally don't see unless it contest time. Watching Message in a Bottle talk about rip your heart out. not at the end of the movie so not sure how the end is going to go. i hope i am not pissed i hate unhappy endings...... ok this does suck I am pissed!!

quad day today
squats 7 sets reps 15 10 10 8 8 8 15
leg press ss hacks x4 sets
front squats x4
leg ext 4x12 reps
abd add

janet kaufman
01-04-2012, 11:34 PM
finally got things calmed down enough to start journaling again. Brie and I have been having some great workouts. headed to phoenix next week for my friend Bret's 50th . looking forward to some sunny weather. Gene has to work so he is a little pissy (just kidding. he is looking forward to the quiet time)
chest
barbell bench 4x 8-10
incl barbell 4x8-10
decl barbell 45x4
incl db flyx4
pec dec 3x12
decl push up on medicine balls

The Prodigy
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Congrats on getting away! I wish I wasn't working 3 jobs and could! UGH! When do you start prep?

katt981
01-05-2012, 11:38 AM
That is exciting that you're going to be at the Arnold! We've always wanted to go, but haven't made it yet.

janet kaufman
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Congrats on getting away! I wish I wasn't working 3 jobs and could! UGH! When do you start prep?

that sucks working that many jobs! i start prep i think beginning of april but need to talk to dave about that.

sounds like you are plenty busy

janet kaufman
01-06-2012, 11:40 PM
gene working graveyard so bit of time to get caught up on reading post.

brie and i hit quads pretty hard getting sore already. Come on leg size!!!
leg ext 130 140 160 160
bench squats ( had never done these. so felt kind of weird)
vertical press x4
leg press x4 450 540 630 630
kick backs
side lunge x4
calves

janet kaufman
01-06-2012, 11:42 PM
That is exciting that you're going to be at the Arnold! We've always wanted to go, but haven't made it yet.

i cant wait . it willbe work first then fun. i am sure my jaw will be dropped the whole time LOL

KatieMcSquats
01-07-2012, 02:08 AM
NOTHING BEATS COLDSTONE!
Janet, you look incredible! amazing jobbbb<3

janet kaufman
01-11-2012, 12:22 AM
this week has been crazy busy! i thought things were suppose to slown down after the holidays..... right At least i havent missed any workouts.
back day
dead lift x4
wide grip bent over row x4
behind neck pulldwn x4
seat row w/ ropex4
one arm row on hammer strengthx4
hammer strength hi pull x4
pullups x4 35 45 45 45
trying to pack for phoenix. carry ons only. little tricky to pack all my shampoo etc in a quart baggy. high maintenance i quess.

janet kaufman
01-24-2012, 12:07 AM
i finally got enough time to journal. last week was crazy with the snow and was trying to get caught up from being in pheonix. phoenix was awesome and warm. hit a couple harley shops made me antsy for warm weather up here. but have a few more months before the bike gets out of the garage.
hams today
seated curl ss hip bridge on medicine ball
walking lunge 90 90 90
sumo deadlift ss lying curl x 4 sets
bench lunge 50 50 50 50
standing ham curls 40 40 40
kick backs
db plias w/calve raise
abb/add
calve

janet kaufman
02-09-2012, 12:06 AM
back out here after a bit of a break. just busting my ass to make some gains in the gym some days i feel great other days feel like i look like crap. I think a lot of it is being nervous about going to the Arnold for the first time. So many beautiful fit people. I want to look like i belong there. Stupid huh?
I am so excited to be going! this is the biggest show I have ever been to.

been hitting weak areas. shoulders and legs. weight is inching up. so that is a good thing.

going to hit shoulders tomorrow. best be heading to bed

tammyp
02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
^^^^^^^^^^WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY roomie!!!!!!

janet kaufman
02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Happy early valentines day!!!

hammered hams today feeling them already
lying hamcurls 2 sets 20 3 sets 30-50 3 sets 8-10
seated hamcurls 4 sets 8 10
walking lunges
db romanian deadlift
lying curl propped on elbows 2 sets to failure
step up w/ reverse lunge
calves inners outers

janet kaufman
02-14-2012, 12:04 AM
^^^^^^^^^^WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY roomie!!!!!!

i cant wait!!!!!

The Prodigy
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!!!!!

janet kaufman
02-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!!!!!

thank you! Happy Valentines Day!

katt981
02-15-2012, 11:27 AM
. So many beautiful fit people. I want to look like i belong there. Stupid huh?
I am so excited to be going! this is the biggest show I have ever been to.

Totally get you on this... we feel that way on any show we go to.. can't even imagine the jitters if we went to the Arnold!

janet kaufman
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Totally get you on this... we feel that way on any show we go to.. can't even imagine the jitters if we went to the Arnold!

Thank you . i was thinking i was the only one that felt this way.

janet kaufman
02-16-2012, 12:03 AM
got a new motorcycle helmet for my bday/ valentines day ! it is so cute its a sexy she devil. I think she even has a little bit a muscle on her.

Brie and i hit some chest today. didnt seem like much after looking at Gail's weights (awesome)

incline db press x4
barbell press x4
decl db x4
decline cable fly x4
dips 10lbs til failure
pec dec

abs

janet kaufman
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM
finally got back out here. was home one day from the Arnold and got sicker than a dog. missed a few days from the gym. Not what I needed after seeing all the awesome physiques.
The Arnold was so much fun! And hung out with amazing people at the Species booth. They truely are family!!

tammyp
03-16-2012, 05:34 AM
the arnold flu...soo sooo common! loved hanging w u mama! love u!

katt981
03-16-2012, 11:18 PM
glad you had such a great time, but sorry you got sick :( The Emerald is 5 weeks away!!! YAY! Look forward to seeing you guys there. That weekend is so busy, but we'll try to touch base with you!

janet kaufman
03-17-2012, 12:06 AM
the arnold flu...soo sooo common! loved hanging w u mama! love u!

i think i got sick from sucking all the paint off the wall with my snoring LOL next time i will bring ear plugs.
i had so much fun! love u to the moon and back

janet kaufman
03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
glad you had such a great time, but sorry you got sick :( The Emerald is 5 weeks away!!! YAY! Look forward to seeing you guys there. That weekend is so busy, but we'll try to touch base with you!
hoping to make it with gene's new job he may have to work.

The Prodigy
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
I miss my Janet! Hope all is well!!!!

janet kaufman
03-24-2012, 12:43 AM
been crazy weeks with work and training. just started with my diet this week and a bit of cardio. trying to get back into my precontest groove. thinking i need a new suit and looking for plane tickets. this show is going to kill me on cost. so lots of web surfing. miss everyone !

janet kaufman
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
since my schedule is so crazy busy going to try to journal once or twice a week. but I have been reading post from everyone. The wpd had been interesting to watch. Just curious to see what happens with placings.
13 weeks out from the Hartford show. Dave had me start a bit of cardio. just wishing i would have put a bit more size on this off season . money has me stressed so took on a few more clients in hopes to get expenses taken care of for this show.
be hitting legs and shoulders hard. the areas that need the most work so hope I put some size on here.
friday workout for legs:

squat 5 sets heavy
vertical press 4 sets 450 450 540 540
life fitness squat machine 180 270 280 280
leg ext 110 130 130 130 10-12
plia squat x4
cable kick backs
calves seated x6

still trying to find a suit that is reasonable that I can put more bling on. Not an easy task and so far tickets to fly out are at least 650. This is not the fun part of prep I hate stressing about money

janet kaufman
04-11-2012, 12:11 AM
dave seems to be pleased with progress dropping weight slowly no major changes. which is easy on me. got to cheat with easter brunch it was awesome. the leg workout was great the day after.
workouts are going well. ham workout on monday got me pretty sore.
leg curl seated x4 sets
lying leg curl x4
smith lunge x4
stiff legged x4
standing curl x4
bench lungex3
kick backsx3
inners outers x2
calvesx6

The Prodigy
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Don't stress about money! Somehow it all comes together! Sell one of your suits to buy a new one, rent a suit...there are ways to cut costs! I have learned that elevating my cortozol levels doesn't help my prep...so i am trying to chill more!

When is the Hardford?

janet kaufman
04-21-2012, 12:36 AM
sorry been so long since i have been out here. prep and life keeping me busy. Hartford is June 29
how are things for you?

janet kaufman
05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
cheat night tonight red lobster and a peanut buster parfait :D
tomorrow to the gym for 30 minutes cardio and back to low carb. Dave just increased my cardio this week to 30 minutes to make sure I continue to make progress. did squats and vertical leg press today. knees were killing me. I think it is the rain weather (hell getting Old) The vertical press went awesome got up to 540 for 8 reps also did some db squats on the balance ball pretty tough after doing your mass builders first.
Gene has a interview with the company he is currently working to become a pipefitter apprentice could be more money and better hours. So crossing my fingers. Time to go practice posing.

tammyp
05-05-2012, 05:56 AM
8 weeks til i see you !!!!

The Prodigy
05-07-2012, 06:40 PM
cheat night tonight red lobster and a peanut buster parfait :D
tomorrow to the gym for 30 minutes cardio and back to low carb. Dave just increased my cardio this week to 30 minutes to make sure I continue to make progress. did squats and vertical leg press today. knees were killing me. I think it is the rain weather (hell getting Old) The vertical press went awesome got up to 540 for 8 reps also did some db squats on the balance ball pretty tough after doing your mass builders first.
Gene has a interview with the company he is currently working to become a pipefitter apprentice could be more money and better hours. So crossing my fingers. Time to go practice posing.

Did he get the job?????????????

30 whole minutes of cardio...lol..I start at 35 weeks out with more than that when I prepped!

Oh..I am jealous that Tammy gets see you!

janet kaufman
05-12-2012, 12:25 AM
7 weeks tomorrow Tammy Woohoo excited and nervous. I hope I dont look too out of place up on stage being the small girl:)

janet kaufman
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Did he get the job?????????????

30 whole minutes of cardio...lol..I start at 35 weeks out with more than that when I prepped!

Oh..I am jealous that Tammy gets see you!

Gene wont find out about the job for about another week. 200 people applied and they take 20 he needs to make two more interviews before hired no call yet though.
I shouldnt be bitching about my cardion Huh?
i for sure thought you would be in Hartford.

tammyp
05-12-2012, 05:02 PM
girl i know all about being the small girl! xo

Suzanne
05-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Looking foreward to your pro debut and representing the small girls

janet kaufman
05-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Looking foreward to your pro debut and representing the small girls

thanks Suzanne! i visit your journal often. i am jealous of the club you workout at. looks like fun and intense!

janet kaufman
05-20-2012, 02:12 AM
things are really starting tighten up and abs coming good. dwn to the 6 week mark tomorrow. if I can come in a little bit bigger I will be happy. still learning the offseason weight gain thing.
The NY pro results are crazy. tammy should have placed higher

hubby made it to the next level of interviews for a new job within the company he working with. pretty excited for him.
he spent his last days off pickling and canning asparagus we received day after it was picked. pretty darn fresh. the fresher the asparagus the stinkier it is. :D (if you know what i mean)
cheat meal was two homemade burgers made with gorganzola chz mmmm cheese and some cookies

katt981
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I just brought back some fresh asparagus from the Tri-Cities :) It's so good! Never tried pickling it though, is it easy?

janet kaufman
06-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I just brought back some fresh asparagus from the Tri-Cities :) It's so good! Never tried pickling it though, is it easy?

hubby does it. doesnt seem too bad. most time is using the canner but it is awesome. he puts a bit of red pepper flakes in it so it has a kick love on burgers with gorganzola cheese

janet kaufman
06-16-2012, 08:36 PM
seems like forever since i have been out here. work is keeping me busy with the end of the school year. i finally told my clients at the gym that i was not going to train them until after my show. they were fine with that so that gave me some time. I am thinking that come october i will step down as a trainer. just feel like i dont have any down time. and they changed how we get paid so it is almost costing me more on gas than what i get paid. Plus Gene and i are wanting to get a new place and i would like to just enjoy that and enjoy working out for me.
prep is going well Dave has me doing 1 hr a day of cardio (just switched it yesterday) last cheat meal was last night. so getting down to the fine tuning.
wont be huge but i will be conditioned. So we will see.
hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys