PDA

View Full Version : finding balance

tammyp
04-04-2009, 06:03 AM
how do you do it? with home kids training and working...and fitting in contest prep!?

I am self employed and have no kids so this isnt a big issue for me. But plenty of girls have a lot on thier plate w/o competing.

sassy69
04-04-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm in a similar boat - no kids, cat, 10 hr/day job and not a lot of social demands otherwise. I actually look to my contest prep to fill a lot of my day outside of work. It amazes me how people w/ more obligations & demands are able to pull it off. Much respect!

Lee Penman
04-04-2009, 10:02 AM
how do you do it? with home kids training and working...and fitting in contest prep!?

I am self employed and have no kids so this isnt a big issue for me. But plenty of girls have a lot on thier plate w/o competing.
Nothing to do with this really....but can you private e mail me at [email protected] about doing an article on you for the women's section...if you are interested that is!

Allifit
04-05-2009, 09:41 AM
self employed- and it's the best :)

stephaniewicked
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I realize I don't go at this as hardcore as most of the people (though I'm proud to say that I try my ass off with my 10 hours/week in the gym!), but I work full-time and attend school 18 hours a week and go straight to the gym after that's all said and done. The days are long and I'm usually cranky at the end of it, but it's proved to be worth it.

I grocery shop and cook all my meals on Sunday so I can measure everything the night before and portion it into containers that I can grab-n-go in the morning. Since my grocery list rarely varies from week to week, it makes it that much easier to get it all done fairly quickly. It takes time to get into a routine, but once you get it down, it's actually not so bad.

I don't have kids or other commitments... I can't imagine how those people do it. Much respect to them!

fitairess
04-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I work full-time as a teacher, I have two girls who are competitive cheerleaders and I am pursuing my MA degree. I will be competing in July.
I have a lot of support from family and friends. At the end of the day I ask myslef how do I do it? But by the time I can think of an answer, I am already asleep. Before I know it, I am back up on the treadmill at it again.
I will say that recovery is the most important part of my week. If I overtrain a lil, my body shuts down on everything.
After a while you no longer think about it, you just do it!
Oh yeah I am a single-parent!

sassy69
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I work full-time as a teacher, I have two girls who are competitive cheerleaders and I am pursuing my MA degree. I will be competing in July.
I have a lot of support from family and friends. At the end of the day I ask myslef how do I do it? But by the time I can think of an answer, I am already asleep. Before I know it, I am back up on the treadmill at it again.
I will say that recovery is the most important part of my week. If I overtrain a lil, my body shuts down on everything.

:bowdown:

RealLilSwole
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
I get up at 3:50 am to get in my hour of cardio before I get to the hospital. THen I try to get there by 6:30am to start getting report and to get my charge nurse duties done, if I am charge, before I start rounding at my patients. I am there about 13 hours, then its off to the gym for weights and to finish whatever cardio I have left. Then I go home, cook my food for the next day and go to bed...start all-over again the next day. LOL! Plus I have a step-daughter thats 11 going on 25 and two fur kids. My dogs...Jennie-Sue and Ellie-Mae. Plus lets not forget taking care of my wonderful man.

ripcurlgirl
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
My life is simple by design. I work full time, which sometimes requires travel (that's a challege). We shop/eat the same every week. Food prep happens all at once usually on Sunday. I use my crockpot, so I can cook big batches of chicken overnight (multi-tasking). Everything gets weighed out, packaged and is ready to grab in the morning to pack meals. But mostly, training and contest prep is our hobbie/social time/recreation/entertainment. My husband is amazing, helps a lot while I'm in prep, and can now do the grocery shopping by himself without one phone call to me! :)

Heather Grace
04-14-2009, 10:39 AM

MAJOR props to you! I am amazed and inspired!!!:bowdown: