PDA

View Full Version : Cardio: covered or uncovered

MsGuns
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Do you do your cardio in workout gear (top n shorts) or do you wear sweats (totally covered)?

bleckrocks
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
For me, totally covered up, sweatshirt and sweatpants,
when prepping i wear that with sauna sweatsuit over me..

I always keep the heat in, pull off as much sweat as i can, feels
better to me to.., and muscles feel much better staying warm.

but thats me

GirlyMuscle
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
As little as possible. Shorts and a tank. If I'm at home I might be in my underwear.

Angela123
04-04-2009, 02:21 PM
totally depends on my mental state! on days where i feel fat and i hate my body...totally layered and covered up. other days, i will wear tanks with either shorts or lycra pants or capris. during prep i have been known to layer it up, slather on prep h and wrap myself in saron wrap. only for some sessions tho...not everyday.

fitmomma3
04-04-2009, 04:02 PM
For me, totally covered up, sweatshirt and sweatpants,
when prepping i wear that with sauna sweatsuit over me..

I always keep the heat in, pull off as much sweat as i can, feels
better to me to.., and muscles feel much better staying warm.

but thats meis that just a preference of comfort or is getting as much sweat off important to you too? I use to work with a trainer who was covered for all cardio and at night when he went to bed swore drawing the water out would continue to make you HARDER I never fully understood the concept and I hate being hot so although I will admit I've tried it when trying to lose water never consistently.

sassy69
04-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm w/ Sheila on the sauna suit during prep, or at least getting closer to show day. Otherwise I do it in whatever is available.

JackieRTP
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I wear shorts and a top. I sweat too much to wear sweatpants.

lil mama
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes: Ummm Nekid and don't lie MUSCLEGIRL AND SASSY69 YOU DO CARDIO NEKID 2:D LOL...you know I iz kidding about you 2. :wavey:

I'm w/ Sheila on the sauna suit during prep, or at least getting closer to show day. Otherwise I do it in whatever is available.

baby gorilla
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
i wear hot pants and a belly shirt :wavey:

~gymdiva~
04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I'll pile on as many layers as I can!

oklahomeskillet
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Shorts & tank top, usually. If I'm pulling tires outside, I'll strip down to the sports bra.

bleckrocks
04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
is that just a preference of comfort or is getting as much sweat off important to you too? I use to work with a trainer who was covered for all cardio and at night when he went to bed swore drawing the water out would continue to make you HARDER I never fully understood the concept and I hate being hot so although I will admit I've tried it when trying to lose water never consistently.

It is a preference for me offseason, for one, i still lean off season
so it bothers me when i am trying to get a running sweat going on on
the cardio when there is a fan blasting away, it actually bothers my traps.
So i am more comforted with wearing warm clothing.

Prep, sauna suit over sweat clothes, for yes 3wks out i am pulling my water more naturally, low sodium ect, so each cardio session when i strip
off this shit, skin feels thinner and veins very apparent. So i keep going
and going till the show.
To me it feels gross if my body didnt sweat out , so for me i just love the
feeling regardless of prep or not.

SallyAnne
04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
:rolleyes: Ummm Nekid and don't lie MUSCLEGIRL AND SASSY69 YOU DO CARDIO NEKID 2:D LOL...you know I iz kidding about you 2. :wavey:

Can't do cardio nekkid. Too many bouncing bewbies.