PDA

View Full Version : Protein Pancakes

Young Gotti
09-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Protein Cakes New Formula with double the protein!!!!!!

Q:

Is Breakfast the most important meal of your day?

A:

Absolutely!

There are many studies that prove this is true. By now everyone knows just how important breakfast is. Breakfast breaks the overnight fasting period and is crucial for replenishing your supply of glucose, thus preventing you from going into a catabolic state of muscle wasting. It jumps starts your metabolism and flicks the "ON" switch for your body's daily Anabolic process.

Q:

If breakfast does all of this, then why are so many of us skipping this important meal?

A:

The most common answer is often lack of time. Its no doubt in this day and age we find ourselves with less and less time. Kids, school, work, cleaning, friends, family, working out and the list goes on and on. With everything we have to accomplish from sun up till sun down, breakfast gets lost in the shuffle.

Needtobuildmuscle.com is bringing breakfast back!!!

...with our all new easy to make protein cakes. Healthy high protein pancakes that pack a powerful punch of protein and carbs to get you started for the day, and they take no time at all to make. In less then 5 minutes you can make great tasting pancakes.

If you are one of the few who wakes up for breakfast then you know the choices available for breakfast can be limited. Who wants to eat oatmeal and egg whites 7 days a week? How many days of bran flakes and boiled eggs can a person stand?

Here at NTBM we say bring back the pancakes. No more holding your nose and choking down another bland Breakfast. NTBM Protein Cakes are here to bring back your childhood memories. A sweet butter milk taste thats light and fluffy. Every bite brings a smile just like the ones momma used to make, but with 3 times the power packed protein.

Don't settle for just any overrated soy protein pancake. Needtobuildmuscle does NOT use soy as padding to up the protein count on the label. We only use high quality whey protein - the good stuff that bodybuilders need! We do not use any additives like mono-diglycerides or fancy named hydrogenated oils, additives which any health conscious bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast avoids like the plague!

So the choice is simple. Start your morning with the inviting taste of NTBM Protein Cakes. Get the protein and energy you need to tackle your day and fill your stomach with the fluffy goodness of NTBM Protein Cakes.

Needtobuildmuscle's Protein pancakes contain

serving size 1 scoop(55g) about 2 5inch pancakes

Servings per container 8

Total calories 200

Total fat 2g

Total carbohydrates 26g

Sugar 1g

Protein 18 grams

Ingredents enriched wheat flour,whey protein concentrate, whey protein Isolate, skim milk, natural and artificail flavors,sodium bicarbonate, and sucralose

joe d
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
it looks better than before but why not just use a good isolate?

Young Gotti
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
it looks better than before but why not just use a good isolate?

i'm guessing we use a combo of the two because isolate by itself is expensive and may dramatically increase price

who wants to pay and arm and a leg for pancakes?

joe d
09-30-2011, 06:47 PM
when you price shop the cost of iso compared to concentrate and figure the small amount of protein in the bag you will see that the added cost is pretty low. i was just wondering since they never really took off their first time around i thought maybe adding to the quality would have helped.

JohnnyStyles
09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I took mine straight from Ava Cowen...

Ingredients:
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 scoop whey protein, I like chocolate
4 egg whites
1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
A dash of Coconut Oil
A dash of Splenda
1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Mix:
All ingredients (except Coconut Oil, Splenda and Syrup) in a large bowl until blended well.
Lightly grease pan evenly with Coconut Oil
Heat:
Pour in a frying pan over Medium-High Heat
Cook:
Until all edges are bubbling and the center is taunt, flip and cook other side until crispy.
Remove from heat, sprinkle Splenda and top with syrup.
ENJOY!

zubbeyboy
10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Did this yesterday morning.
GREAT change from egg whites and oats!!

joe d
10-01-2011, 07:54 AM
i used to use ground oats, milk, stevia, eggs, and vanilla iso but it didnt taste too good.

for good taste for my older boys id put a scoop of vanilla iso in regular pancake mix. that tasted good lol. just like a flavor enhanced buttermilk pancake.

The Solution
10-01-2011, 08:21 PM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/LayzieBone085/Food/IMG_9604.jpg

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/LayzieBone085/Food/IMG_6091.jpg

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/LayzieBone085/Food/DSCN0409.jpg

and French Toast:

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/LayzieBone085/Food/DSCN0341.jpg

Both recipes i have posted numerous times in the other nutrition threads.

Don't use oats.. it makes pancakes flat and hard, use pancake mix (add water) which is a complete mix or regular flour. comes out 100x better. Use Fitday to calculate your calories.

joe d
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
yes but pancake mix is shit hence the reason for oats. i agree adding a scoop of pp to pancake mix tastes great. if you add a little baking powder to the oats its a little better

Conrad
10-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I agree with Joe d. Pancake mix is garbage. There is a reason why people use oats in lieu of flour. There is a reason why people choose chicken and other higher quality meats than eating pork or etc. It boils down do the quality of the food for most people.

Oats is far more efficient than flour

The Solution
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Oats dont rise like flour does period. Nor does using 75g of carbs out of my 300g of carbs for a day really going to kill my physique or overall goal seeing I fall into my caloric total towards my goal. Some people really need to take a trip down pubmed and realize the truth from the broscience as far as eating 100% clean (whatever that term does mean) and learning moderation and utilizing fitday. If you were in a caloric deficit and used half your carbs for the day with flour and got the rest from veggies, fruits, potatoes, and used whey chicken beef for your protein and got your EFA's would it make a difference? Can guarentee you not.

Many people such as Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Layne Norton, Tommy Jeffers, Martin Berkhan prove it through science, through studies, and on their clients. Not to metion the amount of pro-cards they bring home.

But hey there are many ways to skin the cat, just saying.

Young Gotti
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
when you price shop the cost of iso compared to concentrate and figure the small amount of protein in the bag you will see that the added cost is pretty low. i was just wondering since they never really took off their first time around i thought maybe adding to the quality would have helped.

i think the big thing the first time around was the size of the bag and price....5lbs of pancakes would last forever from what i heard....personally i haven't had a chance to try these but may get them for those weekends when i need a change

DieselXT
10-04-2011, 07:28 AM
yesterday in the supermarket I saw that now they sell whole wheat pancake mix....

Gerb
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
my wife makes me pancake mix from scratch with oats and whatever ever you put in pancake mix to make it work. I then add walnuts, chocolate chips, and sprinkle freshly fried crispy bacon bits on top prior to the flip. oh man, oatmeal walnut chocolate chip bacon pancakes are the best!

.... I then eat a peice of chicken with it. BOOM! Protein pancakes!

joe d
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Oats dont rise like flour does period. Nor does using 75g of carbs out of my 300g of carbs for a day really going to kill my physique or overall goal seeing I fall into my caloric total towards my goal. Some people really need to take a trip down pubmed and realize the truth from the broscience as far as eating 100% clean (whatever that term does mean) and learning moderation and utilizing fitday. If you were in a caloric deficit and used half your carbs for the day with flour and got the rest from veggies, fruits, potatoes, and used whey chicken beef for your protein and got your EFA's would it make a difference? Can guarentee you not.

Many people such as Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Layne Norton, Tommy Jeffers, Martin Berkhan prove it through science, through studies, and on their clients. Not to metion the amount of pro-cards they bring home.

But hey there are many ways to skin the cat, just saying.

ehhh.... what about health. you see no difference between a box of pancake mix and oats. yes im completely aware you can diet on snickers bars and shed the fat just fine but i personally would rather try to preserve my health while giving up a little flavor. at the end of the day i agree it makes no difference in body weight but at the end of a decade i think the difference is worth the giving up eating for fun.

The Solution
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM
ehhh.... what about health. you see no difference between a box of pancake mix and oats. yes im completely aware you can diet on snickers bars and shed the fat just fine but i personally would rather try to preserve my health while giving up a little flavor. at the end of the day i agree it makes no difference in body weight but at the end of a decade i think the difference is worth the giving up eating for fun.

Because 75g of carbs 1-2x a week from pancake mix is really going to make a DRASTIC different.. You are really blowing things out of the water.... Learn Moderation..

joe d
10-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Because 75g of carbs 1-2x a week from pancake mix is really going to make a DRASTIC different.. You are really blowing things out of the water.... Learn Moderation..

lol i give up.

Gerb
10-07-2011, 07:20 AM

wtf! I have been doing it all wrong!!!:p;)

joe d
10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
wtf! I have been doing it all wrong!!!:p;)

lol i recommend you try the twinkie diet first. the snickers diet is a bit advanced

oliyrahman
10-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Grapefruit seed extract is essentially an enormous concentration of citric acid. In naturopathy, this nontoxic, nonallergenic, all-natural antibiotic is prized for its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral applications. The extract is effective on acne, warts, poison ivy, lice, herpes, toenail funguses, and “stomach bugs.” It contains much natural vitamin E. When paired with the citric acid, which is concentrated vitamin C, skin-regenerative vitamin E works much more powerfully.

CHILDOFGOD
05-22-2013, 04:53 PM
When I do my protein pancakes, I use regular pancake mix, one of my mhp proteins or my 6star protein, dependin', with a 3cups of egg whites and butter spray. And it is on, with some sugar free syrup:) yum:) Plus if I want a little flavor, I'll use some pumkin' spice.

AsIlayDying
05-22-2013, 05:05 PM
When I do my protein pancakes, I use regular pancake mix, one of my mhp proteins or my 6star protein, dependin', with a 3cups of egg whites and butter spray. And it is on, with some sugar free syrup:) yum:) Plus if I want a little flavor, I'll use some pumkin' spice.

I do the same thing. Sometimes I will use metrx pancake mix as well...but I will add a scoop of whey to the mix to up the protein ratio.
I cook them in a pan and as soon as they are done I put some natural peanut butter on top and microwave them for 20 seconds so the peanut butter starts to melt...

"Rodz"
05-22-2013, 08:53 PM

lol i give up.

Joe Joe Joe

You must use a 1000 to 1 ratio for this to work

Increase pancake mix carbs 75g

Increase Tren ace 75mg

Problem solved

joe d
05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
haha a 2yo thread is back. man i miss being able to eat shit like this haha

CHILDOFGOD
06-03-2013, 02:36 PM
haha a 2yo thread is back. man i miss being able to eat shit like this haha