PDA

View Full Version : bicep pinnings

nsp
10-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I've tried the bicep pinnings years ago with lr3 and had issues with nerves and bruising. I'd hit closest I could to the area that was described in all those site injection websites. Anyhow, was go'n to give them another run and had a question regarding the positioning of the arm when pinning. It seems common to just pin the bicep with the arm straight'n out. But what makes this unusual is that when the arm is straight, the bicep muscle is in the stretched position. Now when pinning more common areas such as the quads and triceps the muscle is in the contracted position rather than the stretched position (not that the actual muscle is flexed though). Quads for example, when pinning the leg is straight rather than bent, again with the quad in the flexed position rather than the stretched position. And same with tricep, the arm is straight in the position where the tricep would be flexed rather than with the arm bent when the tricep is in the stretched position.

Considering this, would it be behooving to pin the bicep while the arm is bent seeing how the muscle is flex position (although actually relaxed) rather than with the arm straight'n when the bicep is in the stretched position?

GarlicChicken
10-18-2011, 01:42 AM
When I tried it, I did it at an angle. Not all the way flexed, not straight. It was alright, just kept it between the veins. It hurt much more than anywhere else though. Oil was horrible in the biceps. Shit cramped for a week with 1/4mL. I've tried straight too, and slightly bent was better. Used slin pins, never hit a nerve

ritch
10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
pretty sure you're not supposed to be flexed. I would flex my bicep, slowly release it keeping an exact eye on where the spot you wanted to pin was, and yes, it's on an angle of sorts not in the very peak.

I've never done it though, but was informed on how it's done, hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Taylor Normandeau
10-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I wish I was cool enough to do it, but I'm too scared. I shoot my tri's tho and love it.

nsp
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
pretty sure you're not supposed to be flexed.

I know not to flex the muscle when injecting, that pretty much goes without say'n, as I said in the first post "not flexed, but in the flexed position." For example, with the arm bent (which is the contracted "position" for the bicep) but with the bicep still relaxed, ya know?

Just like with quads, the leg being straight is the contracted position for the quad, however, you keep you still keep the quad muscle relaxed for pinning.

pinning the bicep with the arm straight is the equavalent to pinning the quad with the leg bent. The muscles are in the stretched position, which I'd imagine is the wrong way to do it.

GUNNER
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I have pinned bi's a few times... ok maybe a few dozen. It's about 90% good to go and 10% OUCH.
Just make sure you do keep the arm bent as you suggested, not extended straight out. Also, I visibly look at the arm for a minute in good light right before injecting to scout the area... careful to avoid any veins.

HanSoLo
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I know not to flex the muscle when injecting, that pretty much goes without say'n, as I said in the first post "not flexed, but in the flexed position." For example, with the arm bent (which is the contracted "position" for the bicep) but with the bicep still relaxed, ya know?

Just like with quads, the leg being straight is the contracted position for the quad, however, you keep you still keep the quad muscle relaxed for pinning.

pinning the bicep with the arm straight is the equavalent to pinning the quad with the leg bent. The muscles are in the stretched position, which I'd imagine is the wrong way to do it.

I've never pinned bi's, but when you're doing your quad, dont straigten your leg all the way. Sit on the couch and open your leg up a little, but dont stretch it all the way. Im one of the few who loves quad shots and never, ever have any pain from them. If your worried about your leg "shooting up" dont pin in so hard, not every injection has to be lightening quick. If I was to pin bi's though, I would try it in a similar fashion. Arm on the arm rest of the couch, not contracted, not stretched. Just my 2cents.

showstopper88
03-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I've never pinned bi's, but when you're doing your quad, dont straigten your leg all the way. Sit on the couch and open your leg up a little, but dont stretch it all the way. Im one of the few who loves quad shots and never, ever have any pain from them. If your worried about your leg "shooting up" dont pin in so hard, not every injection has to be lightening quick. If I was to pin bi's though, I would try it in a similar fashion. Arm on the arm rest of the couch, not contracted, not stretched. Just my 2cents.

Damn dude, you're one of the only people that I know of that likes pinning quads. I remember pinning in my quads for the first time and was using test prop and tren at about a total of a 2.5cc shot. I remember being at work and walking up a ramp then going to work at vit shoppe and having to go up and down a latter with shipment. Man, did that shirt burn like a mofo and hurt like a bitch. I've always had the best results with shoulders and glutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HanSoLo
03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Damn dude, you're one of the only people that I know of that likes pinning quads. I remember pinning in my quads for the first time and was using test prop and tren at about a total of a 2.5cc shot. I remember being at work and walking up a ramp then going to work at vit shoppe and having to go up and down a latter with shipment. Man, did that shirt burn like a mofo and hurt like a bitch. I've always had the best results with shoulders and glutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, guess im just weird that way. I pinned my tren and test into my right quad last night and trained legs today, no pain. But I have never put more than 1.5cc in at a time. If I have to pin more than 1.5cc I will pin multiple areas.

juiceinator3000
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I only pinned bis with slin pins. And got up to 1ml with no problem by my third shot. Now I'm just back to the regular areas for a while

joe d
03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
i would keep arm bent anywhere between L and < but make sure your relaxed with arm resting on something the whole time. having your whole body supported throughout helps in the event of a nerve twitch. finding nerves through trial and error is fun lol. eventually you remember it all.