PDA

View Full Version : How long can you stay on T3 @ 75mcg/day?

Spacey
10-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I am trying to figure out how much T3 to use for fat loss as part of my recomp cycle of test and tren. I plan to start at 50mcg, but I have read that people go as high as 100mcg. Assuming I were to increase the T3 to 75mcg at some point, how long can I stay on at that dose? There are reports of people staying on T3 at 50mcg for years without any long-term side effects (although I don't plan to try it myself), but I am not aware of similar studies at higher doses.

caribeman
10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I've read of peeps who start at 25mcg and work their way up. Also read here that some feel 50mcg is the sweet spot. As for how long, I would say 6 weeks not more than 8 max.

The Big Sexy
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
I think I've read from HI that you can stay on that for up to 10 months or so and as long as your thyroid was healthy when you got on it, it should be back to normal in a few days. then, come off for a few months and pop back on.

ritch
10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
I think I've read from HI that you can stay on that for up to 10 months or so and as long as your thyroid was healthy when you got on it, it should be back to normal in a few days. then, come off for a few months and pop back on.

Hmm, interesting, any dosing protocols to share? I have some and always use it for very short periods at a time, never more than 10 days! I guess I'm short changing myself. Nothing like a post to justify your drug use, lol...

I'll make an educated guess and say dosing to range between 75-100mcg.

The Big Sexy
10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, from what I have read of HI's posts... it is useless to take 25mcg because it basically cancels out what the body produces and puts you at zero. So, the minimum you would take would be 50... 75 would be ok and you might get flat at 100.

nitrous
10-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Well, from what I have read of HI's posts... it is useless to take 25mcg because it basically cancels out what the body produces and puts you at zero. So, the minimum you would take would be 50... 75 would be ok and you might get flat at 100.

exactly except for the first couple days start at 25mcg and ramp up since you will till be producing your own for a bit before it gets shut down and replaced by what you are giving it

Spacey
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Thanks guys, but HI's posts, as far as I could tell, only referred to 50mcg/day. My question is about 75mcg/day for extended periods.

Hmm, interesting, any dosing protocols to share? I have some and always use it for very short periods at a time, never more than 10 days! I guess I'm short changing myself. Nothing like a post to justify your drug use, lol...

I'll make an educated guess and say dosing to range between 75-100mcg.
Check out the chem profiles section. I'm pretty sure the thread on cytomel supports the 10 months on, 2-3 months off protocol mentioned above.

ritch
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys, but HI's posts, as far as I could tell, only referred to 50mcg/day. My question is about 75mcg/day for extended periods.

Check out the chem profiles section. I'm pretty sure the thread on cytomel supports the 10 months on, 2-3 months off protocol mentioned above.

I guess I should take a gander, but user feedback since we're on the topic would still be nice!

Spacey
10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I guess I should take a gander, but user feedback since we're on the topic would still be nice!

definitely, that's what I'm after, too!

I just mentioned that thread because you said you had never heard of taking T3 long term, and that's where I learned about it. but real feedback, especially at the higher doses, would be great.

The Big Sexy
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM
He actually says you can take 75mg/day too

Just might get flattened out and should be running some sort of anabolic or be eating a lot more food.

Because t3 not only speeds up fat metabolism, but also protein synthesis, etc. So, it could be real easy to burn muscle if you aren't getting enough food.

Spacey
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
He actually says you can take 75mg/day too

Just might get flattened out and should be running some sort of anabolic or be eating a lot more food.

Because t3 not only speeds up fat metabolism, but also protein synthesis, etc. So, it could be real easy to burn muscle if you aren't getting enough food.

Thanks for the info! I guess I missed that part. sounds like 50mcg/day is what he recommends for recomposition

adpolice
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
As big sexy states it comes down to the food you consume and your activity level,t3 is calorie waster,not exactly a fat burner

heavyiron
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Its user dependent. 50 works perfect for me (I have had labs twice at this dose) but I do use 75 for shorter runs (a few weeks). 100 is too much for my tastes.

I think for the average guy there is little sense in running T3 for more than 3 months. If you can't diet down in 3 months something is very wrong with training or nutrition. However I have run T3 longer.

The Big Sexy
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
As big sexy states it comes down to the food you consume and your activity level,t3 is calorie waster,not exactly a fat burner

This would be how some bodybuilders I know out here eat shit all the time and are lean compared to what they eat eh?

ritch
10-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Its user dependent. 50 works perfect for me (I have had labs twice at this dose) but I do use 75 for shorter runs (a few weeks). 100 is too much for my tastes.

I think for the average guy there is little sense in running T3 for more than 3 months. If you can't diet down in 3 months something is very wrong with training or nutrition. However I have run T3 longer.

absolutely, but if it's not harmefull why not run it longer is what I'm thinking. I don't know gonna have to read up more/think this over a bit. I also don't really need it being an ecto, but during bulk phases it could assist you in a sense so that when it comes time to diet, well, you have less to lose making it even easier to get in shape was how I was seeing it....

joe d
10-19-2011, 08:57 PM
i dont see a need for an ecto to use it much other than during a short period of the cunt maybe. this is unless you are on an all phase drug regiment where the thyroid hormones would be the missing link without it. in that case the longer the better if your ready to add it to your hrt list. otherwise i wouldnt spend more than half of each year on it no matter how you spread it out.

ritch
10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
i dont see a need for an ecto to use it much other than during a short period of the cunt maybe. this is unless you are on an all phase drug regiment where the thyroid hormones would be the missing link without it. in that case the longer the better if your ready to add it to your hrt list. otherwise i wouldnt spend more than half of each year on it no matter how you spread it out.

Joe... Get your mind out of the gutter, lol...

ritch
10-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Having said that... I just took 50mcg of T3, the stuff from extreme tastes great!

But I still won't be taking this for long periods of time as talked about. 1, it's not necessary, 2, well, that's a good enough reason not to, lol...

Buckeye Fan
10-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Lets take this a little further lol. Do you guys think doses should be split up or taken all at once?

The Big Sexy
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Personally, I'd not use t3 or clen unless it is in tab form. Just me... dosing, etc. ONLY my opinion...

adpolice
10-20-2011, 12:25 AM
All at once..

ritch
10-20-2011, 01:43 AM
I split my clen/T3 in 2 doses and use yohimbe in between the doses, geranium pre workout with 16 mg of ephedrine/tyrosine/dmae/caffeine is my favorite when cutting. Another dose in the evening for energy/appetite suppresion, maybe more tyrosine/dmae as well, caffeine of course added.

s2h
10-20-2011, 06:08 AM
The key to t3...and hi hit on this..is it depends on the person..get your thyroid panel and see were your functioning at...you may have a slow thyroid and not know it..espc if you have depression issues etc..

joe d
10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Joe... Get your mind out of the gutter, lol...

haha

caribeman
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought your thyroid would not stop when intaking T3, I thought the T3 would be an extra to what your thyroid is already producing.

whompwhomp
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
So since it increases the rate of which the body uses nutrients , if your on no anabolics and dieting down would it still be muscle wasting if your eating a little bit over 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight maybe like 1.2-1.3g of protein per pound of bodyweight while also on Palumbos diet?

joe d
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought your thyroid would not stop when intaking T3, I thought the T3 would be an extra to what your thyroid is already producing.

it suppresses tsh which is thyroid stimulating hormone. the name explains its importance.

there are arguments about how much and how long causes damage. you wont get a accurate answer as to exact dosages and time frames only guesses.

joe d
10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
So since it increases the rate of which the body uses nutrients , if your on no anabolics and dieting down would it still be muscle wasting if your eating a little bit over 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight maybe like 1.2-1.3g of protein per pound of bodyweight while also on Palumbos diet?

muscle loss comes from under eating. if you are dieting effectively then add in t3 without upping the protein at a minimum you are going to lose some mass.

ritch
10-20-2011, 04:12 PM
I would not use it unless taking 500mg of test, at least....

joe d
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I would not use it unless taking 500mg of test, at least....

some aas is absolutely a good idea. sometimes i assume everyone will be on especially in a cut but i shouldnt i guess haha.

ritch
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
some aas is absolutely a good idea. sometimes i assume everyone will be on especially in a cut but i shouldnt i guess haha.

ok, so you thought when bulking without gear? I never thought of that really....

joe d
10-20-2011, 04:38 PM
ok, so you thought when bulking without gear? I never thought of that really....

no.

caribeman
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
it suppresses tsh which is thyroid stimulating hormone. the name explains its importance.

there are arguments about how much and how long causes damage. you wont get a accurate answer as to exact dosages and time frames only guesses.

Joe, thanks for explaining that.

MrOXY
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
i was on 50 - 75 - 50 mcg a day for 8 months untill i was getting 2 the point where hot women were calling me "skinny" ewww ... but anyways i stopped after i achieved the results i wanted stopped cold turkey and my thyroid retiurned back 2 normal within days or weeks .. no issue at all . im still lean

s2h
10-20-2011, 08:35 PM
i was on 50 - 75 - 50 mcg a day for 8 months untill i was getting 2 the point where hot women were calling me "skinny" ewww ... but anyways i stopped after i achieved the results i wanted stopped cold turkey and my thyroid retiurned back 2 normal within days or weeks .. no issue at all . im still lean
Your not normal...keep that in mind readers...

bushmaster
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
You take so much you probably didn't notice..keep that in mind readers...

Corrected

heavyiron
10-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I take my T3 all at once first thing in the morning with my coffee.

Spacey
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Do you mean you took 175 mcg per day for 8 months? Why? I assume it's because you didn't see results at a lower dose, but that would be the first time I've heard anyone needing to go over 100 mcg per day.

MrOXY
10-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Your not normal...keep that in mind readers...

i think the readers already know lol :yep:

Do you mean you took 175 mcg per day for 8 months? Why? I assume it's because you didn't see results at a lower dose, but that would be the first time I've heard anyone needing to go over 100 mcg per day.

no .. i took doses ranging from 50 mcg a day up to 75 mcg a day then down back 2 50 mcg a day ..

75 a day was 2 much muscle loss for me then i went back to 50 mcg a day and found what was right for me

went on for many months untill i seen my results i wanted and stopped once i was loosing 2 much weight

i was 260 lbs in dec and went down to 205 lbs at the point i decided 2 stop ... lean as fuck got abs and still have serratus cuts .. i do no cardio during that phase other then muay thai fight training

gotton off cold turkey gained slight minimal weight back .. thyroid pretty much normal no issues at all

the bull eso
10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
i think the readers already know lol :yep:

no .. i took doses ranging from 50 mcg a day up to 75 mcg a day then down back 2 50 mcg a day ..

75 a day was 2 much muscle loss for me then i went back to 50 mcg a day and found what was right for me

went on for many months untill i seen my results i wanted and stopped once i was loosing 2 much weight

i was 260 lbs in dec and went down to 205 lbs at the point i decided 2 stop ... lean as fuck got abs and still have serratus cuts .. i do no cardio during that phase other then muay thai fight training

gotton off cold turkey gained slight minimal weight back .. thyroid pretty much normal no issues at all
Was this 50mcg from Rasa?

MrOXY
10-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Was this 50mcg from Rasa?

i was using rasa in the beginning for a while and got access to triomel pharmacy tabs later on and was using a combination of tabs and rasa

1 or 2 pharm tabs a day with 25 or 50 mcg of rasa depending on how many tabs i took ... i was taking 2 tabs a day for the most part and saw a huge differance

joe d
10-22-2011, 08:23 AM
I take my T3 all at once first thing in the morning with my coffee.

hey hi do you notice any difference in taking it with coffee? do you wait 30 mins to eat?

im paranoid about cutting back its effectiveness with stuff like that and am taking with only water on an empty stomach then waiting 30 mins to eat.

in the past when i was taking quite a bit more i didnt worry about what was in my stomach with it and felt that some days it hit my slightly stronger than others.

heavyiron
10-22-2011, 11:04 AM
hey hi do you notice any difference in taking it with coffee? do you wait 30 mins to eat?

im paranoid about cutting back its effectiveness with stuff like that and am taking with only water on an empty stomach then waiting 30 mins to eat.

in the past when i was taking quite a bit more i didnt worry about what was in my stomach with it and felt that some days it hit my slightly stronger than others.

I have done it both ways and cannot detect a difference but my labs have always been fasted.

Jermo
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
As long as your health is okay, you could stay on for years and have no worries of permanent shut down according to these long term studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/808728

Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy.

Vagenakis AG (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Vagenakis%20AG%22%5BAuthor%5D), Braverman LE (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Braverman%20LE%22%5BAuthor%5D), Azizi F (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Azizi%20F%22%5BAuthor%5D), Portinay GI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Portinay%20GI%22%5BAuthor%5D), Ingbar SH (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Ingbar%20SH%22%5BAuthor%5D).
Abstract

The pattern of thyrotropin secretion was analyzed in seven euthyroid women, before and after withdrawal of long-term thyroid hormone, by serial measurements of thyroid 131l uptake, serum thyroxine, tri-iodothyronine, and thyrotropin concentrations, and the response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone. During exogenous hormone administration, 131l uptake was suppressed, and serum thyrotropin concentrations before and after administration of thyrotropin-releasing hormone were undetectable. After withdrawal of exogenous hormone, thyrotropin secretory function was transiently impaired, as indicated by undetectable basal thyrotropin concentrations together with absence of response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone, and subsequently by normal values of basal thyrotropin concentration and normal responses to releasing hormone while serum thyroxine and tri-iodothyronine concentrations were subnormal. Decreased thyrotropin reserve persisted for two to five weeks. Detectable values of serum thyrotropin (less than 1.2 muU per milliliter) and a normal 131l uptake usually occurred concurrently in two to three weeks. Serum thyroxine concentration returned to normal at least four weeks after hormone withdrawal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/807596

Patterns off recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in patients taken of chronic thyroid therapy.

Krugman LG (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Krugman%20LG%22%5BAuthor%5D), Hershman JM (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Hershman%20JM%22%5BAuthor%5D), Chopra IJ (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Chopra%20IJ%22%5BAuthor%5D), Levine GA (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Levine%20GA%22%5BAuthor%5D), Pekary E (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Pekary%20E%22%5BAuthor%5D), Geffner DL (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Geffner%20DL%22%5BAuthor%5D), Chua Teco GN (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Chua%20Teco%20GN%22%5BAuthor%5D).
Abstract

To determine the patterns of recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis following long-term thyroid hormone therapy, TRH tests were performed on 8 euthyroid nongoitrous patients, 5 euthyroid goitrous patients, and 5 hypothyroid patients while they were taking full doses of thyroid hormone and 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, and 56 days after stopping it. Serum TSH, T3, and T4 were measured before and at multiple intervals over a 4-h period after giving 500 mug TRH iv. In euthyroid non-goitrous patients, the mean duration of suppressed TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH less than 8 muU/ml) was 12 +/- 4 (SE) days after stopping thyroid hormone and the mean time to recovery of normal TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 5 days. None of the euthyroid nongoitrous patients ever hyperresponded to TRH; their average maximal deltaTSH was 24.5 +/- 2.2 muU/ml. Serum T4 fell below normal in 4 euthyroid non-goitrous patients, reaching lowest values at 4 to 28 days. While serum T4 was low, deltaTSH was subnormal. Normal increments of T4 and T3 after TRH occurred at 19 +/- 5 and 22 +/- 6 days, respectively. In the 5 goitrous patients, patterns of recovery of pituitary and thyroid function assessed by the same parameters were much less consistent. In the 5 hypothyroid patients, the mean duration of suppressed basal TSH and suppressed deltaTSH was 13 +/- 3 days; mean time to attain a supranormal basal TSH (greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 4 days and to reach a supranormal deltaTSH (greater than 38 muU/ml) after TRH was 29 +/- 8 days. Following prolonged thyroid therapy in euthyroid patients, recovery of normal TSH responsiveness to TRH preceded recovery of the normal T3 and T4 response to TRH by 3 to 6 days. Basal serum TSH may be used to differentiate euthyroid from hypothyroid patients 35 days after withdrawal of thyroid therapy; the response to TRH does not improve this differentiation.

apex23
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
muscle loss comes from under eating. if you are dieting effectively then add in t3 without upping the protein at a minimum you are going to lose some mass.

JOE D, Glad you mentioned food. Some people forget food is anabolic.

apex23
11-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I have plenty of experience running T3 for extended periods. I find 50 mcg's to be the perfect dose for me personally. In the past, I used to experiment with higher doses- 100 mcgs...but I noticed that I lost a considerable amount of muscle.

In my opinion, T3 can be run for say 8-10 months...but that's my opinion. Not to mention, my thyroid always came back fine of a month or so off. However, we are all different and be careful....More is NOT better.

apex23
11-01-2011, 09:06 PM
As long as your health is okay, you could stay on for years and have no worries of permanent shut down according to these long term studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/808728

Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy.

Vagenakis AG (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Vagenakis%20AG%22%5BAuthor%5D), Braverman LE (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Braverman%20LE%22%5BAuthor%5D), Azizi F (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Azizi%20F%22%5BAuthor%5D), Portinay GI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Portinay%20GI%22%5BAuthor%5D), Ingbar SH (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Ingbar%20SH%22%5BAuthor%5D).
Abstract

The pattern of thyrotropin secretion was analyzed in seven euthyroid women, before and after withdrawal of long-term thyroid hormone, by serial measurements of thyroid 131l uptake, serum thyroxine, tri-iodothyronine, and thyrotropin concentrations, and the response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone. During exogenous hormone administration, 131l uptake was suppressed, and serum thyrotropin concentrations before and after administration of thyrotropin-releasing hormone were undetectable. After withdrawal of exogenous hormone, thyrotropin secretory function was transiently impaired, as indicated by undetectable basal thyrotropin concentrations together with absence of response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone, and subsequently by normal values of basal thyrotropin concentration and normal responses to releasing hormone while serum thyroxine and tri-iodothyronine concentrations were subnormal. Decreased thyrotropin reserve persisted for two to five weeks. Detectable values of serum thyrotropin (less than 1.2 muU per milliliter) and a normal 131l uptake usually occurred concurrently in two to three weeks. Serum thyroxine concentration returned to normal at least four weeks after hormone withdrawal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/807596

Patterns off recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in patients taken of chronic thyroid therapy.

Krugman LG (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Krugman%20LG%22%5BAuthor%5D), Hershman JM (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Hershman%20JM%22%5BAuthor%5D), Chopra IJ (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Chopra%20IJ%22%5BAuthor%5D), Levine GA (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Levine%20GA%22%5BAuthor%5D), Pekary E (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Pekary%20E%22%5BAuthor%5D), Geffner DL (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Geffner%20DL%22%5BAuthor%5D), Chua Teco GN (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Chua%20Teco%20GN%22%5BAuthor%5D).
Abstract

To determine the patterns of recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis following long-term thyroid hormone therapy, TRH tests were performed on 8 euthyroid nongoitrous patients, 5 euthyroid goitrous patients, and 5 hypothyroid patients while they were taking full doses of thyroid hormone and 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, and 56 days after stopping it. Serum TSH, T3, and T4 were measured before and at multiple intervals over a 4-h period after giving 500 mug TRH iv. In euthyroid non-goitrous patients, the mean duration of suppressed TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH less than 8 muU/ml) was 12 +/- 4 (SE) days after stopping thyroid hormone and the mean time to recovery of normal TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 5 days. None of the euthyroid nongoitrous patients ever hyperresponded to TRH; their average maximal deltaTSH was 24.5 +/- 2.2 muU/ml. Serum T4 fell below normal in 4 euthyroid non-goitrous patients, reaching lowest values at 4 to 28 days. While serum T4 was low, deltaTSH was subnormal. Normal increments of T4 and T3 after TRH occurred at 19 +/- 5 and 22 +/- 6 days, respectively. In the 5 goitrous patients, patterns of recovery of pituitary and thyroid function assessed by the same parameters were much less consistent. In the 5 hypothyroid patients, the mean duration of suppressed basal TSH and suppressed deltaTSH was 13 +/- 3 days; mean time to attain a supranormal basal TSH (greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 4 days and to reach a supranormal deltaTSH (greater than 38 muU/ml) after TRH was 29 +/- 8 days. Following prolonged thyroid therapy in euthyroid patients, recovery of normal TSH responsiveness to TRH preceded recovery of the normal T3 and T4 response to TRH by 3 to 6 days. Basal serum TSH may be used to differentiate euthyroid from hypothyroid patients 35 days after withdrawal of thyroid therapy; the response to TRH does not improve this differentiation.

REPPED...for your work.