PDA

View Full Version : Bulking/waist size question

Mossberg
04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Im starting a [I]clean[I] bulk at about 180lbs at 6'2''. I will be using the FST-7 routine.
Historically, I think my body type would be mesomorph.

Anyway, I started working out in January at about 197, and I weighed in on Friday morning before eating, etc. at 177. I decided that at 6'2'' that is way too skinny. (On top of not a lot of definition that = I am skinny fat.)

Throughout all this I have been able to fit into old clothes and even buy new ones. I am admittingly afraid that a bulk will make my waist grow again, are my fears unfounded? Should I cardio a couple times a week? I want to add muscle without adding inches to the waist.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Frosty
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Just control your calories and carb intake/timing to control fat gain. Gradually increase calories 250 per week and note your results. If you start adding fat, cut back on calories/carbs.

anthony1992
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Just control your calories and carb intake/timing to control fat gain. Gradually increase calories 250 per week and note your results. If you start adding fat, cut back on calories/carbs.

This is good advice

BigJD69
04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Dont eat too late at night.

Frosty
04-07-2009, 12:58 PM
BTW quick note, your actual waist circumference WILL increase when you start eating more because there is more food in your digestive system. You should be concerned with how your abs appear and skinfolds and not worry about increasing your waist measurement.

"Rodz"
04-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Try keeping your meals small and frequent as well to avoid the bloated feeling of stretching your stomach out