PDA

View Full Version : Are you a proud bodybuilding fan?

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Are you proud to be a fan of bodybuilding? I AM! After 25 years of going to 30 PRO SHOWS and COUNTLESS NPC SHOWS! Ive met so many wonderful people in the industry and have been treated so well by top pros! The bodybuilding scene is a very cool fraternity and i look foward to meeting more of you at the Arnold! Are you a fan too?

fitQuest
02-12-2009, 04:14 AM
if I was living in America.. Or California to be exact, I would be proud and open about it. Buy I live in England and have to remain a closet bodybuilding fan...

Why? You ask... Because women are afraid of huuge muscular men and nobody wants to look at guys nearing 300lb wearing little more than a thong (unless you're gay, one of the very few women who like BB'ers or truly into bodybuilding).. It's very gay and please dont try denying it.. Bodybuilding is only kept alive because of gays and shmoes - they're the ones pumping the most money into it.

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I know there are GENUINE FANS who love the sport like I do! Shit people wear shirts with guys names on them in other sports! For some reason bodybuilding fans are not PROUD LIKE I AM!

fitQuest
02-12-2009, 04:50 AM
like I said... There is a stigma attached to bodybuilding.. It's seen as a freakshow.. Something to look down at.. No self respectng hetro man wants other people to know that he likes looking at men is skimpy thongs!

the truth is that those same men (including me) love bodybuilding, but can't admit it because of tHe fear of ridicule and not being accepted by their peers or society!

Bodybuilding will never be mainstream and will always have this negative image... What other sport do you know that the guys are OBVIOUSLY on all kinds of drugs & steroids and trying to be taken seriously? NONE... yes, there are many many athletes in other aports who take drugs to increase performance, but look at the testing that goes on and what happens when they get caught... That when you know a sport is a LEGIT sport.. Bodybuilding is nota sport- it's freakshow (Beauty) contest and it doesn't appeal to the masses!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the thoughtful response.Look at baseball they have a BIG DRUG PROBLEM TOO! As for me im VERY MUCH INTO WOMAN BUT I LOVE BODYBUILDING! Thats why i LOVE John and Dave they are no BULL SHIT! Be who you are Screw what people think!

fitQuest
02-12-2009, 05:54 AM
THAT is just my point!! If a baseball player, boxer or football Star are caught using drugs ALL HELL breaks loose and it's all over the news... Yet WE ALL KNOW that PRO BODYBUILDERS are on all kinds of drugs and nobody says anything to them.. How does bodybuilding expect to be taken seriously when the rules of sports does NOT apply to them?

This reminds me of the time when Jay Cutler was Mr.O and was promoting the hell out himself and bodybuilding.. He showed up on this TV show where the presenters had no idea who he was.. They kept asking him how much he benches to win the title and crap like that.. Then they asked him about steroids and he changes the subject and didn't answer them directly.. Do you see my point here?

Steroids are illegal (sad, but true) and yet it's so obvious these bodybuilders on using them.. And then wondering why they can't become mainstream or be accepted.

As far as society is concerned, steroids= bad, which means bodybuiling = bad

irishmuscle
02-12-2009, 05:59 AM
ive heard ,he's gay,thats disgusting,it must be unhealthy,i bet he's on drugs. The only reaction to that is J.E.A.L.O.U.S fuppin jealous,i think a fat gut is disgusting...... What would happen if someone said to me i hate muscles,there disgusting and i said back to them that i hate fat people i dont know how you live with being fat. I bet i would be the bad guy,right?

Razer
02-12-2009, 06:00 AM
I AM proud of our sport! I will follow BBing until the day I die! It's just my thing, I know there are advantages and disadvantages but you've got that in ALL sports....period! Most pro BBrs do the same thing but some do it better than others, some do things different. What works for some does not work for others. It's the same in all sports. For example if football (American) if the quarterback keeps getting sacked the offensive line needs to make adjustments, well same for BBrs. If you are lagging in one area you need to make the necessary adjustments to bring that area back to par. Yea....I love BBing!!!!

Razer
02-12-2009, 06:08 AM
THAT is just my point!! If a baseball player, boxer or football Star are caught using drugs ALL HELL breaks loose and it's all over the news... Yet WE ALL KNOW that PRO BODYBUILDERS are on all kinds of drugs and nobody says anything to them.. How does bodybuilding expect to be taken seriously when the rules of sports does NOT apply to them?

This reminds me of the time when Jay Cutler was Mr.O and was promoting the hell out himself and bodybuilding.. He showed up on this TV show where the presenters had no idea who he was.. They kept asking him how much he benches to win the title and crap like that.. Then they asked him about steroids and he changes the subject and didn't answer them directly.. Do you see my point here?

Steroids are illegal (sad, but true) and yet it's so obvious these bodybuilders on using them.. And then wondering why they can't become mainstream or be accepted.

As far as society is concerned, steroids= bad, which means bodybuiling = bad

I'm sorry, drugs are a part of EVERY sport. Has been from the beginning of time. Drugs or as I call them...Advanced Supplements are just another part of your equipment used to do the job. If you use them wrong then you pay, just like if you use your wrist straps wrong you loose grip and the bar comes crashing down possibly messing something up...internally!

fitQuest
02-12-2009, 06:09 AM
no matter how hard the bodybuilder trained.. No matter all the sacrifices he made for his training and diet, missing family dinners. Nights out with friends.. The pain, the sweat, the tears.. Force feeding himself shit that tasted bland and horrible.. NONE of it means a damn thing to people once they find out that he took some gear! Suddently, he's a fucking loser, a cheat, a quitter lookig for a shortcut and a phony!!

Therefore all bodybuilders must be pussies and rely 100% on drugs!

fitQuest
02-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Do you see my point here?

Bodybuilding is the ONLY sport where it is OBVIOUS that the guys are on drugs (visually).. This is what makesit such an impossibly difficult pill to swollow!

The general public does't think that almost every other elite sports athlete is using gear!

msfit
02-12-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm proud and and highly respect all the hard work and dedication that these athletes have. This is a 24/7 show, that's admirable It doesn't matter if they use gear or not, that is a personal choice, they all still WORK LIKE CRAZY!

Sandpig
02-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Oh yea, I'm proud. My first pro show was Night of the Champs 9.

Hardcore
02-12-2009, 07:57 AM
if I was living in America.. Or California to be exact, I would be proud and open about it. Buy I live in England and have to remain a closet bodybuilding fan...

Why? You ask... Because women are afraid of huuge muscular men and nobody wants to look at guys nearing 300lb wearing little more than a thong (unless you're gay, one of the very few women who like BB'ers or truly into bodybuilding).. It's very gay and please dont try denying it.. Bodybuilding is only kept alive because of gays and shmoes - they're the ones pumping the most money into it.

WHAT A complete load of tosh. Honestly. WTF?

Canuck_Muscle
02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
I am definatly proud to be a fan and to be a bodybuilder. It is one of my only passions in life. The sport has seen better days but hopefully with the right people at the helm and more and more people trying to get in shape with the obesity epidemic going on that our sport will get more spotlight. Along with great new blood coming in we are seeing a new 202 class being thrown into to a lot of the shows this year. So it gives me hope for the future. I am always gonna follow bodybuilding and never stop training.

tommigunzzz
02-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm a proud fan. I just started following the sport heavily in 2006, but picked up a muscle mag every once in a while as a kid. I can truly respect the time and effort it takes for competitors to get into the kid of shape that they do. I'm even a fan of all of us regulars joe's that don't compete/ haven't started competing yet. This is a lifestyle of love and I hope none of us ever fall out of love with it. Stay focused muscleheads and fitness freaks.

dannybwoii
02-12-2009, 09:24 AM
FitQuest, i live in the UK and whilst bodybuilding isn't exactly popular/mainstream..i don't see the stigma that you attach to it...in fact most people don;t know what bodybuilding entails..they think it's some sort of lifting competition.

If you are ashamed to be a bodybuilding fan then simply say you are a weight lifter and enjoy going to the gym

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Not to mention all the THUGS in football and LIARS in baseball! BODYBUILDING IS not perfect but at least the bodybuilders are Staight UP about the sport and what it involves. PS Hey Sandpig NOC #9 thats pretty cool!

StretchTrapjaw
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm proud to be a fan . I have followed the sport since around 1999. I haven't been to any pro shows, but I did head down to the Arnold last year and I'm going in a few weeks.

The thing that the average person doesn't get is the discipline this sport requires. That is not to say that other sprots don't require it, but the thing about bodybuilding is that it takes a certain type of mindset and dedication to do it. Let's face it, the weights don't lift themselves, the meals don't cook themselves...

As far as the gear stuff goes: hey, at least bodybuilding doesn't waste taxpayers dollars with fucking Congressional hearings. And I am a baseball fan.

Bodybuilding, no matter how hard (or not) it tries, will never be a mainstream sport, mainly because some of the stigmas attached to it. That's fucking fine by me. The fact that it's an underground sport is part of the appeal. Makes for more of a community type thing. Those that don't know what I mean should check out some appearances a ;lot of the pro's do (in store signings, guest posing, etc.). I've met a few and they've been nothing but totally cool.

I am not a hardcore bodybuilder. I have no plans to compete. I love to lift, I love to challenge my body to reach goals, I love to eat good healthy food. But most of all, at the end of the day, as long as I can get my hands around a heavy ass barbell, things could be a hell of a lot worse.

See you in Columbus.

TheJackHammer
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
i feel with gear in bbing, no one really needs to ask the pros or anyone if they r on them cause thats just a stupid question, duh. but now with all the baseball and football players testing possitive, hell we might just have a chance to go main stream. im a huge bbing fan and it is my life style. if u guys think that just because the majority of the girls dont like it than all i have to tell u is, go look at most of the pros and top amature bber's wives or gf. ull find out that most of them r drop dead gorgouse. also i understand about wearing baseball, football, basketball jerseys but to wear a bbing t shirt just isnt fashionable, unless you get a nice athletic shirt and have it printed on which is just expensive.

thechampofchamp
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I've been a Bodybuilding fan since I was 10, because my dad got me into it so it has always been easy for me to tell people without any problem, plus most that know me already know, onlyproblem I guess I when I bring up why I think Toney freeman has a legit chance of winning the Arnold, all I get is blank stares. Thank god for the internet

Big Al
02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I am a fan of Bodybuilding for almost 15 years. I guess you love it or hate it. And I do love it. Over the years it became a part of me. I can see myself at 60 pumping iron in the local gym!!!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the GREAT answers guys! Unlike regular sports in bodybuilding you can meet the PROS and talk to some online! The Pros give the fans some RESPECT TOO! Ive met most ALL the Pros AND THEY ARE great to the fans!

Steve56
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I love the sport and have loved it ever since i was 17 years old I'm 24 right now. I have competed twice in the last 3 years and i will continue to compete. Our sport is definitly a brotherhood and i will continue to love the sport and defend it.

Carlos Godoy
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm a proud fan..
I just love it, And I wear t-shirts with the guys names, I don't give a shit if some girls/men think it's too fag or it's gay..Who cares? Those who say studid things like that must of then have a TERRIBLE body...so let then talk.
they are just jealeus

nitro
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I am a big fan now for 20 years. I have met 6 Mr.O's. I try to see any pro that comes to OZ.

MikeS
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I follow bodybuilding as a sport, and participate, and am proud. If I did not train, I would NOT attend the shows. I think its weird, what do YOU think about that MAYOR? ;)

Por2gue
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you see my point here?

Bodybuilding is the ONLY sport where it is OBVIOUS that the guys are on drugs (visually).. This is what makesit such an impossibly difficult pill to swollow!

The general public does't think that almost every other elite sports athlete is using gear!
Agreed!!

Gray
02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Depends what you mean with 'proud' ? I certainly don't walk around with a goofy smile of pride because I like bodybuilding. I never think of it that way. I would flick through a Flex or Musclemag whenever I happen to bump into one, I'd go to a show if one is nearby, etc etc. It never ever occur to me what people would think of me when I tell them I go to the gym to develop my muscles. It's just something I do, never talk about (what's to say?), and get on with my real life.

greuceanu
02-13-2009, 05:49 PM
No,i'm not a proud BODYBUILDING fan.

Prince
02-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I love bodybuilding, but I am not happy with where it has gone professionally.

AVBG
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm a fan of bodybuilding.

bigdaddyd
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I am a fan because it has changed my life

ElSpiko
02-13-2009, 07:41 PM
No,i'm not a proud BODYBUILDING fan.

I'll go one step further and say I hate bodybuilding; I'm just here for the gay sex;)

Outlaw53
02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I love bodybuilding, but I am not happy with where it has gone professionally.
Agreed. Pro bodybuilding was much more interesting when the Olympia travelled around the world and there were Pro shows running in the UK & Europe.

Pro bodybuilding is pretty much an American sport now.
To the best of my knowledge Tony Doherty down here in Australia is the only IFBB promoter outside of the US.
It's no longer an International sport.

wittleguy
02-14-2009, 04:19 AM
I am a proud bodybuilding fan! it has been a major force in my life since i was 12. working out gave me an outlet for my angers and fears. i grew up in a broken home, constantly worried about being taken away from my dad or being away from my family. exercise calmed me. i got lost in the pages of the magazines. the photos motivated me to get bigger and stronger so i wasnt just the fat kid in school. if i was gonna be big i might as well be small. everyone around me knows that i love bodybuilding. i went through all of highschool with the looks from people and the whispers when i mixed a damn protien shake. i couldnt even take a vitamin c without having to explain myself. but all through it i have never been ashamed of bodybuilding. it helped shape me and ill never be ashamed of it.

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I think it cool that you can compete or just train and enjoy other aspects of the sport. Like most guys i started out wanting to look like the guys in the magazines and now at 43 i realize that training is a THERAPY for me and i love meeting guys and girls at the shows.

RudeMuscle
02-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Im a proud fan and will tell that to anyone that asks

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I am a fan of the activity, but not a fan of the competitions.

Johnny Phenomenon
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I'll go one step further and say I hate bodybuilding; I'm just here for the gay sex;)

"Hey I'm here for the gangbang"

CJCummings
02-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Agreed. Pro bodybuilding was much more interesting when the Olympia travelled around the world and there were Pro shows running in the UK & Europe.

Pro bodybuilding is pretty much an American sport now.
To the best of my knowledge Tony Doherty down here in Australia is the only IFBB promoter outside of the US.
It's no longer an International sport.

How is it no longer an international sport. Just take a look at the ironman top 5.

1. Silvio Samuel (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=14550&eventcode=1304)
2. Moe Elmoussawi (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=14554&eventcode=1304)
3. Ronny Rockel (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=5309&eventcode=1304)
4. Hidetada Yamagishi (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=6984&eventcode=1304)
5. Ahmad Haider (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=18199&eventcode=1304)

Just because the shows are mostly here there is still alot of diversity, coming from many other countries. There are tons of international competitors and the sport has more countries represented today then ever.

MikeS
02-16-2009, 03:15 AM
I think it cool that you can compete or just train and enjoy other aspects of the sport. Like most guys i started out wanting to look like the guys in the magazines and now at 43 i realize that training is a THERAPY for me and i love meeting guys and girls at the shows.

schmoe

SonOfPluto
08-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Yas

LukaszStrankowski
08-24-2009, 03:49 AM
proud fan! yes i am

Biggie973
08-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Hell yea, I'm a proud fan of bodybuilding. U gotta love it!!!

tight booty
08-24-2009, 06:27 AM
I love this sport with a passion!

Scottish Muscle
08-24-2009, 07:43 AM
I love BB'ing, I just wish I could see shows, sucks living in the UK when you love BB'ing, theres just no way of seeing good shows like in the States.