PDA

View Full Version : Cyclic Keto Diets

crashcrew56
04-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I wanna know if anyone here has tried one of these, and what their experience with it was

thesamewords
04-06-2009, 03:54 AM
Hey bro, I just joined this forum but Im glad you have questions about keto diets. Its a lot of info but i will tell you more if youd like. I started my diet in september after my hernia sugery. The first two weeks I went without any sugar except a little ketchup and my BBQ sauce. i didnt start loading carbs until my third week. By that time my brain was already playing tricks on me so at times I was almost feeling a little "lifted". I went to walgreens and purchased Keto stix at the counter. Once I saw purple I stayed with it until the end of january. I took one month off of keto in feb and now i am back on. In total I have lost over sixty pounds. If you are already packin a ton of muscle and want to save it, this will work. if you are a fat ass like I was, this is a jack pot if you do it along side cardio. Check out my blog, its a little slapped together but it might help you. www.thesamewords.blogspot.com

crashcrew56
04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Did you do a keto diet like the one Dave has on here, or was it a cyclic one like Dan Duchaine talks about in his book. I've done dave's diet and I loved it, i was just looking to try something different

Myth
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I dislike CKDs because I was constantly going in and out of ketosis and felt like complete shit. I much prefer a TKD or regular KETO diet, as my mood/energy levels are much more stable, and where my appetite/cravings aren't driving me nuts. They all work well for fat burning, but it comes down to which one do you feel the best on, and thus can adhere to the longest without any problems.

BTW-what brach of service you in, brother?

crashcrew56
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I've been out since Dec 1st, but i was in the Marine Corp

Myth
04-08-2009, 01:47 AM
s/f brother!