PDA

View Full Version : Need Routine

pig
10-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey Everyone,
It's me again. I've been trying work out the kinks in my routine and diet for a while now and still haven't come up with the "ideal' combination yet. I'm not going to get as windy as usual, so I'll try to keep it short. I'm 5'8" and about 155lbs and 16%bf roughly, and I just turned 48 last week and I still haven't gotten anywhere near where I want to be.
Could anyone suggest a routine and diet that would help me reach my goal of putting on some muscle and not gain a whole lot of fat. I'm not a beginner but a good intermediate program that is kind to my aging joints and slowing metabolism is what I think I need. I'm just having a hard time figuring this all out.

Thanks, Gene

txhawkeyes
10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Gene,

GO HAWKS !!! I know, I know, we suck this year. AND, my wife is a Cyclone. AND, we live 5 miles from Texas TECH TOOO! !!! It's been brutal.

I am 47 yrs old. 6'1", and just went to about 203-204. Started two and a half years ago at 165. STILL not huge by any means, but a little bigger !

I had good luck with John Meadows Moutaindog workout. It was like 16 weeks, and eased in very slowly with the idea that it be easier on joints and tendons specifically. By the end, in the Deloading phase, I gained good muscle. Did that over the summer.

That got me in great shape, and with the help of Bryan I started H I T training. (NOT H I I T. That stuff is ridiculous.) The old school H I T training. I went to dorianyates.net I think, and started a weekly schedule and use his lifts for the body parts I am on.

I have successfully put on mass. But it has taken me 2.5 years to do that too !

I have links to Meadows workout, and the other stuff....send me a PM if you want it.

Good luck to you Sir. At least Wrestling Season is coming up, we usually kick everyone's butt in that with Mr Brands and Mr Brands.

Jeff

ayezer
10-31-2011, 08:15 PM
The best way is to go to a good gym leanr proper training technique and work every bodypart on basic wt training to increase overall muscle mass.

Nutrition well depends on where you are located do you want to see someone in person or online do your research. Good basic nutrition nothing fancy in my opinion.