PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Munchies?? Anyone ever get this?

Isabelle Turell
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Especially when our metabolisms are off the charts LOL.:D

DIESELGIRL
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Lol my tummy demon woke me up just lastnight at 3:00 am!

I try to be good and have a protien shake then go back to sleep..if that doesn't do it I have a small salad.

Bennny
04-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes. I get up and eat a couple of spoonfuls of low fat cottage cheese. Then go back to bed.

oklahomeskillet
04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Ugh. When I diet, all I dream about is food, so I often wake up with hunger pains. I eat some SF Jell-O, drink a big glass of water and try to get back to sleep before I get hungry again.

mia
04-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Your definitely not alone there, i think many people tend to get hungry at night, especially when dieting, as calories are low and if it's been a long day.........i suffer with you :mad:

stephaniewicked
04-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I love my SF jello at night! I don't think I would be able to survive without it! That and a cup of black tea with some stevia, helps curve cravings for me.

Frosty
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I like using 5-HTP 30 minutes before evening meals and before bed. I find this really helps reduce evening/night cravings especially since serotonin levels can really take a beating when dieting hard.

BigJD69
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
That's my downfall eating late at night

Frosty
04-07-2009, 09:34 PM

Ever try 5-HTP or tryptophan, seriously? In my opinion these can really help a lot for night time cravings.

BigJD69
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Tried them both, neither one has worked for me.

diamond in the rough
04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
oh my god yes i get the mid night munchies too. I used to make crystal light pop sickles but not allowed to have crystal light on the keto diet. So now its diet pop or tea in the middle of the night. If im really going crazy ill eat some chicken.... although im not suppose to.

BigJD69
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Byetta a drug I have neen taking for my Type-2 Diabetes is really helping me with my late night cravings, lost 12lbs already!

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I already woke up twice this week from sharp hunger pains... :( I'm sooo looking forward to Sunday!

AussieRugbyPlayer
04-27-2009, 02:00 AM

Ditto. I find it very hard. One way I found which helps, if I have no food in the house I can eat quickly, everything requires cooking. All the meals I prepare I take to work and store them there, to save me from heating one up :popcorn:.

My last house mate, use to leave chocolate biscuts or blocks of chocolate around, they were a nightmare. She lost a lot of them around 3am. I pleaded with her to leave them in her room.

Bob Smith Jr.
04-27-2009, 02:06 AM
if you get night cravings, try drinking a can of diet soda when you feel that craving come on. It realllly helps!

Allifit
04-27-2009, 07:06 AM
if you get night cravings, try drinking a can of diet soda when you feel that craving come on. It realllly helps!
Good tip. Or I eat a little sugar free jello...sometimes just the act of putting food in my mouth kinda silences the stomach grumbles....

OB
05-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Especially when our metabolisms are off the charts LOL.:D

I get them all the time. At this point beef jerky, popcorn, yogurt & cottage cheese are my munchies.

Frosty
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I find that optimizing my sleep does wonders for cravings, especially at night. If my sleep suffers, I start getting nasty night cravings. Sleep should be lay down no later than midnight, fall asleep in 15-20 mins, sleep the entire night without waking up (not even to pee...that's not good rest), and wake up 8 hours later refreshed.

The Wolf
05-02-2009, 08:29 PM
4 or 5 pieces of walnut or raw almonds, eaten very slowly does the trick, Im on keto.

Frosty
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I like a nice hot cup of low cal chicken broth with sea salt and maybe some of the right spices....this is nice to satisfy some cravings without taking in hardly any actual calories. More satisfying to me than diet soda, carb free jello, or anything like that.

RealLilSwole
05-04-2009, 05:31 PM
oh my god yes i get the mid night munchies too. I used to make crystal light pop sickles but not allowed to have crystal light on the keto diet. So now its diet pop or tea in the middle of the night. If im really going crazy ill eat some chicken.... although im not suppose to.

Why can't you have crystal light? Dave allows me to have it. Is it because of maltodextrin? If so, not all the crystal light has it. You have to look at each one of the flavors. The only one that I have found that doesn't have it is the Natural Lemonade.

juggernaut
05-20-2009, 11:43 PM
try walden farms chocolate sauce drizzled onto a cup of cottage cheese with peanut butter and a 1/2 scoop of chocolate casein protein. Tastes like cheesecake. Add a 1/4 cup of water at the base to cream up the powder. This kills my cravings because it is so damn rich.

sassy69
05-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I do pretty good for 'munchies'. I may realize I need another meal before I go to bed if I start getting hungry tho - for me, its more like I'm completely depleted and about to crash vs "get hungry". That , in turn ef's up my sleep, which guarantees a problem getting up for AM cardio. I will eat a small piece of bread or something before AM cardio if needed. Hungry empty stomach cardio is a guarantee for keeling over & dying if I attempt that.

ANPB + protein mix is usually the choice for last meal.

juggernaut
05-22-2009, 07:10 PM
when I get ready for a contest, early morning cardio is fueled with a 1/2 scoop of whey