PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to cook chicken?

Isabelle Turell
04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
For me I love grilling it. I am always looking for new ways to cook my chicken as it is the most exciting protein in my diet LOL. I know theres probably 101 ways to cook it.

So what is YOUR best way to cook it?

Ninja Loco
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I boil it in spices until it's mid done, and then grill it or bake it. Always stays moist, always comes out delicious, and it never gets old. Dont use too much water that it makes a soup, and dont use so little that it evaporates before it's done. :)

The leftovers get cut into strips/fajitas and "fried" in Pam with spices or a touch of Teriyaki. I dont ever have a diet season so Im not worried about the Teriyaki. But for those who do, just use spices to taste and maybe a little water on the pan with the Pam to keep things moist and interesting. Me? sometimes I like it dry and crispy.

ironwarrior22
04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I always cook in bulk so I like to bake a few pounds of chicken with a little mac oil, garlic, pepper, and maybe a little sea salt. The chicken always stays so moist when it's baked. I used to always fry it in a pan but, it wasn't near as good.

stephaniewicked
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Mine's boring...

- cut fat, slice up and place in non-stick bake pan.
- sprinkle with pepper, onion flakes and red pepper flakes.
- add about 1/4" water so that it's evenly distributed throughout the pan to help keep it moist.
- throw in the oven for about 35-40 minutes on 375 degrees.

Shadow
04-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I like coating it in some extra virgin olive oil, loading it up with some type of Mrs. Dash (today I used Garlic and Herb), and throwing it in the oven. I use the packets of thinly sliced chicken (cutting up chicken is nasty business, at least to me), so it cooks fast and stays moist, with a little bit of crispiness on the edges that are more thin than the rest.

Skeptic
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Remember that Robert E Howard was very specific in the Conan novels: dangerously under cooked. And Conan is the template isn't he?
:rolleyes:

Sledge
04-06-2009, 03:07 PM
I cook in bulk and freeze. I like to use a slow cooker, leaves me with moist juicy tender chicken when defrosted. I throw in some herbs to add a little flavor or cook in a store brought stock. I have a large slow cooker so I can do 10-15 lean breasts at a time. 3-3.5 hours on high.

diamond in the rough
04-21-2009, 02:34 PM
BBQ i never get sick of it on the bbq lots of spices and fresh garlic mmmmmmmmmmmm

Jodie
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Toss it out on the charcoal pit and grill it. I like charcoal better than gas.
I use a steak seasoning and garlic powder to season.

Big Dave Smith
04-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Toss it out on the charcoal pit and grill it. I like charcoal better than gas.
I use a steak seasoning and garlic powder to season.

Charcoal is the BEST way to go.

If not, I usually bake @ 300 degrees for 50 minutes.

Seasonings are whatever you're allowed on your diet.

figurebre
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I just cut my chicken breast really thin (fresh is best)
and then roll it around in coarse kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Then grill
seriously--thats all you need!

Mouse
04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Lately I've been dredging in egg, coating in seasoned breadcrumbs and baking in my convection oven. Comes out crispy and juicy. I'm not too worried about the carbs from the breadcrumbs as they're relatively minimal.

thesamewords
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
I have a huge slow cooker that I can fit 2.5 chickens. I cook them nice and slow to seal the juices in. I take all of my seasonings and put them in a bag and then shake the hell out of those chickens before they hit the cooker. Somtimes I will have two chickens with different flavors in there! One mesquite and the other lemon pepper...

Shadow
04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I have a huge slow cooker that I can fit 2.5 chickens. I cook them nice and slow to seal the juices in. I take all of my seasonings and put them in a bag and then shake the hell out of those chickens before they hit the cooker. Somtimes I will have two chickens with different flavors in there! One mesquite and the other lemon pepper...

You just made me hungry...

Lee Penman
04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I have a steam cooker in which I cook EVERYTHING. With chicken coat in a little peanut butter for an alternative Thai Chicken. Then again I am no expert (that's Colette)..However...I LOVE my steam cooker and it is the only thing I cook with!

TigerUpperCut
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
i bake mine in the oven for a hour they come out super tender

BigJD69
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
When the weather starts to get nice like it is now I grill everything. Try marinading your chicken breast with barbecue sauce and beer!!! It's AWESOME!!!

dvsness
05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I bake in bulk and season later. But now I have a yard so I'll try to get a grill this year.

Shadow
05-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I bake in bulk and season later. But now I have a yard so I'll try to get a grill this year.

I've thought about doing the same thing. How do you reheat them when it's time to eat? The microwave?

dvsness
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I've thought about doing the same thing. How do you reheat them when it's time to eat? The microwave?

Yeah. After I bake a ton, I make my portions (with veg, or rice or whatever per meal) in individual containers and heat them as needed.

Big ER
05-19-2009, 02:15 PM
When did a chicken breast taste good? How? LOL.

KBigz81
05-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Our local deli carries 33 different marinated chicken breasts. They have 12 fresh every day. But carry all 33 frozen and marinated, ready to go. They make the marinades there, and even put the ingredients on the packages. My favorites are red devil mesquite, blackened cajun, cajun, honey mustard and sun dried tomato basil. Its not too bad priced either 3.99lb, so when you figure how much a bottle of marinade costs, it evens out. Of course I have to cut these out for contest prep. The day after my last prep I was at there door when they opened. I couldn't wait to eat some red devil mesquite!

Suzanne
05-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I found that tenderloins are considerable better then regular boneless skinless breast. They stay way juicier. I usually dread my chicken but now actually tastes good.

usually i cut up cook on stove top with some pam and a bit of spray bytter and season with black pepper, greek seasoning and a bit of creole

or bake with same seasoning

ChunkyThunder
06-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Today I cut 2 breasts and a red pepper into thin strips and put them on a pan with some garlic powder, soy sauce a pinch of adobo and extra virgin olive oil

Came out absolutely amazing

muscles_1976
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
I cut the fat off 2-3 packages season them all with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place them in a ziploc bag and add white vinegar--(I don't measure but will guess its's 1/2 cup) maybe 6-7 shakes of soy sauce, couple shakes of red wine vinegar then add water to cover the chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1 day and cook it on a grill pan or grill. The vinegar helps break down the chicken so it is tender. If I have time I like to pound the chicken breast out when I trim them up--makes for a much much better piece of chicken but who has that kind of time!

Mudpro69
06-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all of the good advice.

I normally bake my breast meat at 250 for an hour and a half (or so). Preseasoned, of course, with whatever sounds good at the time (sea salt, soy, orange pepper, etc...)

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Our local deli carries 33 different marinated chicken breasts. They have 12 fresh every day. But carry all 33 frozen and marinated, ready to go. They make the marinades there, and even put the ingredients on the packages. My favorites are red devil mesquite, blackened cajun, cajun, honey mustard and sun dried tomato basil. Its not too bad priced either 3.99lb, so when you figure how much a bottle of marinade costs, it evens out. Of course I have to cut these out for contest prep. The day after my last prep I was at there door when they opened. I couldn't wait to eat some red devil mesquite!

Yeah we have some seasoned chicken breasts in sweet and sour sauce and barbeque sauce that is to die for.