PDA

View Full Version : what to eat on day of competition

grandmaster87
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi

I want to know what i can eat on the day of the competition...

some say drink coke eat sweet potatoe and im not sure...

DaveV
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I see lots of guys eating those rice cakes

Koubs
04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
This is going to depend on a lot of factors buddy... as a general suggesstion, I'd say to eat a fatty source of protein and moderate carbs... Something like whole eggs and some toast or bagel...

I would NOT recommend anything completely off your diet unless you have experience with it and it can be easily predictable.. I'd stay away from coke

Check the "Contest Prep" section of the forum... You will find some ideas in there as to various ways to manipulate water and carbs in the days leading up to a show...

meatheadio
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM
This is going to depend on a lot of factors buddy... as a general suggesstion, I'd say to eat a fatty source of protein and moderate carbs... Something like whole eggs and some toast or bagel...

I would NOT recommend anything completely off your diet unless you have experience with it and it can be easily predictable.. I'd stay away from coke

Check the "Contest Prep" section of the forum... You will find some ideas in there as to various ways to manipulate water and carbs in the days leading up to a show...

Well put.
You should be sticking with the foods that you have been eating all throughout your prep, only in higher amounts. I personally like rice as it easy to prep and measure. Best of luck.

AVBG
04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
pb and rice cake.. every 1-1/2hrs..cheeseburger, fries and coke after prejudging..

Most importantly do a plan and stick to it 100%.

BLUEBARON75
04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
on the day of your competition, go for something light such as rice cakes, banannas, strawberrys or grapes. and about 30 min before you go on stage have a sweet potato and sip some water.

AVBG
04-06-2009, 09:57 PM
on the day of your competition, go for something light such as rice cakes, banannas, strawberrys or grapes. and about 30 min before you go on stage have a sweet potato and sip some water.

If your generally not eating those carbs on your diet leading up to the show, I wouldn't suggest adding them in.

the mighty stu
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Hmnnn I'm about 3 weeks out myself, so this is helpful to me at the moment. Except for a post workout PopTart, all of my carbs are coming from Oatmeal and Green Veggies. I do plan on carbing up the Fri before with 6 feedings (2 fruit, then 2 from strachy sources, and the last two from pie filling). The Sat morning feedings though do have me a little baffled. Should I just stick with my oatmeal for breakfast? It has water in it, and I shouldn't be having much. My prejudging is at 11, and I imagine I'll be up at needing to eat something by 8 at the latest... ANy thoughts guys?

S

DAVIDHARDY
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Hmnnn I'm about 3 weeks out myself, so this is helpful to me at the moment. Except for a post workout PopTart, all of my carbs are coming from Oatmeal and Green Veggies. I do plan on carbing up the Fri before with 6 feedings (2 fruit, then 2 from strachy sources, and the last two from pie filling). The Sat morning feedings though do have me a little baffled. Should I just stick with my oatmeal for breakfast? It has water in it, and I shouldn't be having much. My prejudging is at 11, and I imagine I'll be up at needing to eat something by 8 at the latest... ANy thoughts guys?

S

Post-workout poptart? Seems like a lot of fat that close to a workout, but if it works and keeps you sane, more power to you