PDA

View Full Version : Ed Coan tonight

robert da strongman
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
on Heavy Muscle Radio...listen to it ya freaks!!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html

SUMO
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Ed Coan is the man. Definitely going to have to listen to this one. Ed Coan, Poundstone...these RXMuscle guys got something for all of us on here!
Edit: When Robert the Strongman gets his pro card, I DEMAND he is on as a guest.

robert da strongman
04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
as a teen i used to watch Ed train at Quads....amazing

robert da strongman
04-06-2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.romanmarsalek.cz/Trenink/Coan_drep/Ed_02.jpg

realmccoy
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Eddy is a freak, I wish he would had done one multi-ply meet before he retired I would see him post 1100 600 800 plus @242

robert da strongman
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
i dont think you can convince him to put on a bench shirt

rinse
04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
He has worn a benchshirt many times. It didn't give him much but he has worn one.

SUMO
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
He has worn a benchshirt many times. It didn't give him much but he has worn one.
I think they were talking about multi-ply.

billy mimnaugh
04-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Its a shame that more people dont understand the greatness of Ed.With the advent of gear,the monolift,24-48 hour weigh ins etc.his numbers arent viewed as incredibly as they should be.I have been around this sport since 1986 and Eddy is BY FAR,not only the greatest powerlifter but the greatest strength athlete who has ever lived.

The guys longevity is amazing,even last year he was still ranked number one in the deadlift for the year at 242.Thats THIRTY years of domination the likes of which has never been seen in ANY sport!!

Truly the greatest powerlifter who has ever lived and a true living legend.

Skeptic
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Great interview. Just so down to earth. Kind of guy you want to train with AND eat dinner with afterwards. Thanks Dave and John and Jeff. Kudos.

rinse
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Its a shame that more people dont understand the greatness of Ed.With the advent of gear,the monolift,24-48 hour weigh ins etc.his numbers arent viewed as incredibly as they should be.I have been around this sport since 1986 and Eddy is BY FAR,not only the greatest powerlifter but the greatest strength athlete who has ever lived.

The guys longevity is amazing,even last year he was still ranked number one in the deadlift for the year at 242.Thats THIRTY years of domination the likes of which has never been seen in ANY sport!!

I agree. In my mind Ed is in a league of his own.

robert da strongman
04-09-2009, 04:05 PM

true!
a nice guy too....

imagine being a teen and seeing him train??
what he said about Quads was so true...