PDA

View Full Version : Compete?

lilfitgirl
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I just got done following my boyfriend to his very first 2 shows...which I think went well for his first year of training.

I've had a small itch to compete in something in the past but just assumed I would not be able to do it, do to my severe scoliosis (my spine is shaped like an S) - his trainer mentioned to me that I have the potential to compete...now I have a big itch to compete.

I know that I would have the dedication and I already dedicate myself to the gym 5 days a week, so why not try and do something with it!?

I am just wondering if anyone had opinions on this matter, my potential with where I am now and also opinions on competing with scoliosis.

AND if I do have the potential to compete...should I try figure or bikini?

GREENMACHINE23
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I just got done following my boyfriend to his very first 2 shows...which I think went well for his first year of training.

I've had a small itch to compete in something in the past but just assumed I would not be able to do it, do to my severe scoliosis (my spine is shaped like an S) - his trainer mentioned to me that I have the potential to compete...now I have a big itch to compete.

I know that I would have the dedication and I already dedicate myself to the gym 5 days a week, so why not try and do something with it!?

I am just wondering if anyone had opinions on this matter, my potential with where I am now and also opinions on competing with scoliosis.

Go for it!:excited:

Sledge
04-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I say go for it. Do it for yourself and as something to achive and don't wory about the scoliosis, It's not something you can change so work with what you can.

I guess the choice between figure and Bikini depends on what your goals are. Maybe post up some pics in the womans section and ask their advice if they don't drop in here. I'm sure you'll get plenty of good feedback from them.

mdvsony
04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
I say go for it. Do it for yourself and as something to achive and don't wory about the scoliosis, It's not something you can change so work with what you can.

I guess the choice between figure and Bikini depends on what your goals are. Maybe post up some pics in the womans section and ask their advice if they don't drop in here. I'm sure you'll get plenty of good feedback from them.

agreed!

one thing to rememebr is: the feeling of being on stage is somehting I will always want to rememeber....you will ahve the time of your life!

figgy
04-12-2009, 12:32 AM

you have potential to compete! ...you are already thin..looks like you just need to put on a little muscle to be in figure. i am in indiana and i know that in this area along with southern michigan and northern kentucky, there are a lot of heavy women that go on stage..heavy as in cellulite and dimples..other women go on stage looking thin like you. doesnt seem like many women are going on stage with much muscle defintion. ...as for the scoliosis, i believe Jamie Eason has minor scoliosis and she's a former figure competitor and is now considered the best fitness model..i say go for it!!

machine
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Certainly go for it. But as for the question if you should do figure or bikini, post a pic for us to see

LauraW
08-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I have competed in 2 state NPC bikini shows and I think it is a good way to get your feet wet. It is less work than figure and you can see if you like competing. I think that would be a good way for you to start. And if you love it you can always put more muscle on and do figure.

Catarina W
08-16-2009, 01:00 PM

I had sever scoliosis and I compete. Mine was so bad that my shoulder blade would jut out like a chicken wing and my back wouldn't lie flat, but with bodybuilding, my back has really come along.

I think you'll decide what you want to do when you feel comfortable enough :) Just keep coming back, post questions, pics...you'll get some great feedback!