PDA

View Full Version : Ring Of Honor

SwolenONE
04-06-2009, 11:40 PM
New to the forum, but for any of you who enjoy hardcore stuff along the lines of pre Vince ECW, and are also big fans of the current TNA roster I have a suggestion.

Buy (or download preferably) "ROH: Bloodstained Honor"

I find all these wrestling forums are just about the latest WWE match, but as they say in ROH, its for grown ups and its where to go if you want matches that dont insult your intelligence

Mostly my reason for this post is to let other adults know there is pro wrestling out there that caters to older demographics, and perhaps we could get a bit more discussion on great wrestling rather than just current wrestling (not that I have anything against WWE or the current state of wrestling, just looking for a little variation)

LANCE ADAM
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
love ROH, but dont have hdnet. had alot of dvds when daniels, styles, joe, shelley, aries, sabin, amazing red were in roh.

AFTazz06
04-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I liked ECW pre vince, but cant say i like the TNA roster...

SwolenONE
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I liked ECW pre vince, but cant say i like the TNA roster...

im just referring to the stand out young guys such as aj, joe, daniels, shelly, etc you wont find 50 yr old sting in ROH

imo aj styles is the best pro wrestler (entertainer) in the industry

I was watching an old ROH match between Amazing Red and Low Ki and it blew my mind

SwolenONE
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
love ROH, but dont have hdnet. had alot of dvds when daniels, styles, joe, shelley, aries, sabin, amazing red were in roh.

amazing red blows my mind, the kid looks 15 and is an amazing performer

"Rodz"
04-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Apparently Time Warner cable in the states is dropping Hdnet, hopefully ROH can find another avenue

FitGems
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't pick up HDNet, but have seem some of their stuff on Youtube. THE best pure wrestling out there, period.

If Time Warner indeed drops HDNet, I hope a network like Fox Sports (just an example) will pick it up.

tommigunzzz
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
You have to root for the underdogs. ROH is awesome but the show on HDnet needs a little work. I guess it will come with time. Any old ECW fans should appreciate the fact Jerry Lynn is the new champ.

SwolenONE
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
You have to root for the underdogs. ROH is awesome but the show on HDnet needs a little work. I guess it will come with time. Any old ECW fans should appreciate the fact Jerry Lynn is the new champ.

I too thought the show was not making the product look as good as it could.

I also felt as if Lynn was not working up to his old capabilities, but time/wear&tear will do that to a guy.