PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Nationals Reflections

Hammerfit
11-21-2011, 01:01 PM
This group that competed in FL this past weekend was beyond amazing! There was world class presentations in every class. To win these days everything must be spot on. Guys I picked to win didn't even get in first call outs!!

The most interesting observation and one I took to heart was from the promoter after weigh-ins were complete. I paraphrase here; 900 competitors we are happy about, however alot of these people don't belong here.

That my friends is a powerful statement on the state of our sport. Bodybuilding is alive and well.

Rick Prince
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
...The most interesting observation and one I took to heart was from the promoter after weigh-ins were complete. I paraphrase here; 900 competitors we are happy about, however alot of these people don't belong here...
One of the top guys on another web site made a similar statement and added the NPC may make rule changes to keep the numbers down.

My questions are, is the increase coming in competitors coming from bikini, and men's and women's physique? and Are the numbers increasing or decreasing in each of the divisions bodybuilding, fitness, and figure?

I will be royally pissed if the number of bodybuilder competitors is not increasing significantly and they create a rule to decrease the number of competitors in the future.

Curt James
11-21-2011, 10:22 PM
This group that competed in FL this past weekend was beyond amazing! There was world class presentations in every class. To win these days everything must be spot on. Guys I picked to win didn't even get in first call outs!!

The most interesting observation and one I took to heart was from the promoter after weigh-ins were complete. I paraphrase here; 900 competitors we are happy about, however a lot of these people don't belong here.

That my friends is a powerful statement on the state of our sport. Bodybuilding is alive and well.

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/DSC_5204_MJQKDPLAWK.jpg
"Say whaaaat???"

HeavyDutyGuy
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/DSC_5204_MJQKDPLAWK.jpg
"Say whaaaat???"

Wait.. back up the choo choo. Was ths man ccompeting at the Nationals? I hope not. He would get destroyed at the MASTERS Natinals... in the over 80s,,

Curt James
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Check the Rx Muscle contest gallery. His name is Steve Anixt, if I'm not mistaken. :rolleyes:

No tan, no muscle, no shave, bad skin, bad hair, big gut, awful structure, and not an especially handsome fellow either. :dunno:

Steve, you out there? You look like ****.

I suggest you do what I do—adjust the focus in your favor.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4H9clhEB5RI/THXGwT9V7wI/AAAAAAAAAG4/I96L58WbE_4/s512/aug24-23.jpg

AnglicanBeachParty
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Check the Rx Muscle contest gallery. His name is Steve Anixt, if I'm not mistaken. :rolleyes:

No tan, no muscle, no shave, bad skin, bad hair, big gut, awful structure, and not an especially handsome fellow either. :dunno:

Steve, you out there? You look like ****.

I suggest you do what I do—adjust the focus in your favor.

Where did you get that pic of me in the orange posing trunks? I don't remember giving you permission to post that! ;)

Curt James
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
^^^^ Time to get your prescription eyeglasses updated, ABP! :eek:

Fullhouse
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
do you have any else pics about ?

AnglicanBeachParty
11-23-2011, 02:02 PM

aMXfcgOaDlw

Curt James
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
do you have any else pics about ?

Welcome to Rx Muscle. :beerbang: More pics of Nationals can be found here: http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=96&year=466

aMXfcgOaDlw

Now you're just being mean. :sad:

mkris7
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
At the entry level of bodybuilding there are no minimum standards but that quickly changes as you move through the ranks. It seems that there is usually one person who should not be on stage at most shows...but I don't see the promoters refusing to take their money either.

They guy in the video more than likely has some mental health issues but then again the average person thinks what we do is crazy also. And there is a pathology to the extent we go to get in shape and the methods we use to accomplish our goals.

At the end of the day, competitive bodybuilding is an interesting animal to say the least.