PDA

View Full Version : Bigz stepping it up for 2012

KBigz81
11-23-2011, 02:58 PM
I took a few weeks off from journaling and now ready to start it back up. Journaling helps to keep myself in check. I like to look back to see what I've done wrong and right and hopefully learn from my mistakes.
Now that I'm qualified for a national level show I have decided to do Jr. Nats. It wasn't the way I wanted to win since I was the only competitor, but it was a win none the less...I'm a natural competitor in everything I do, I don't want to be handed something.

Now its time for my offseason. I I don't have much of an offseason since I am doing Jr Nats, but my #1 goal is to stay close to my contest weight. Judges said I have plenty of muscle just need to come in under 140 for LHW. Also need to work on adding more of a cap to my shoulders and more thickness in the hamstrings. But conditioning is where I need to bring it!

I have decided to hire Mikaila Soto for offseason and contest prep. I met her in Davenport and absolutley love her drive! I had a few coaches in mind but I have faith that she will keep me in line and have me coming into Jr Nats at my very best. She's also only 2 hours away which was one of my main concerns. I want to be able to work one on one with my coach and be able to train with them as well. I can't wait to get started with her! Probably driving up to Chicago next weekend.

So hopefully you enjoy my journal and help keep me motivated for a bigger, leaner me come 2012.

The Prodigy
11-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Glad you are journaling! Mikaila.....Chi Town in the house!

Looking forward to following your offseason and prep.

KBigz81
11-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm retaining water pretty bad today. I'm know its probably part of my post show rebound. I gained about 4 lbs in 2 days and I'm eating clean so I know its not fat. I'm trying to combat it with some cardio and hope it goes down a bit. Calories about 1500 today.

Chest/cardio

Incline db chest 60x20 70x15 90x12 working set r/p w/negative reps 110x12x4x1.

Incline smith 95x20 115 x15 2 working sets 155x10 95x12 last 4 reps negatives

DB Flyes 3 sets of 15 w/70lbs stretched in between each set

Cablecrossovers 7 sets of 12-15 (fst-7) 30lbs pretty light but on the last 4 reps of each set were negatives and then squeeze for 2 at the top. I would pose or stretch between each set. These brought a few tears to my eyes from the negatives and stretching (good pain)

40 mins of cardio treadmill set at 8% incline 3.0 mph

lgcanski
11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeahhh Illinois! I was born and raised in naperville. I will be following along. I too am trying to grow and come in leaner! Best wishes!

KBigz81
11-23-2011, 11:51 PM
I grew up in Peoria about 2 hours south of Chitown. I do love some Giordanos pizza though. NUM!!! There is a Rosati's in Bloomington, its the closest Chicago deep dish pizza place in Central Illinois.

KBigz81
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!! Wish everyone can eat what they want today. I know there are a few of us out there that are prepping and can't eat. But its just one day and just cherish the time with your family because thats what matters the most.

TheABomb
11-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Jeez sets of 15 reps of flyes with 70l dumbbels? That is crazy, nice! I don't think I could do that, thats some pretty crazy strength for your size. 110s are pretty insane for inclines too, my girlfriend just got a set of 8 with the 40s and I'm very proud of her! I'll have to show her this journal, thats some inspiration there.

The Prodigy
11-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Where do you live in Central IL? How did you meet Mikaila and decide to use her?

figurefit09
11-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I have family that used to live in Naperville and now lives in Peoria! Small world! Can't wait to follow your off season. Love making progress and love watching other make progress as well! Good luck in your off season and I will be following along!

KBigz81
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Where do you live in Central IL? How did you meet Mikaila and decide to use her?

I live in East Peoria. I met Mikaila at the Davenport show. I love her attitude and have faith she will keep me in line. I've also never used a female for a trainer before so I wanted to give it a try. I like how she does not use a cookie cutter diet and tailors the training, cardio and diet for each client. I will see her in a few weeks and she will sit down with me to find out my goals and what I need to work on. She is also very easy to get a hold of which is very important to me.

I have family that used to live in Naperville and now lives in Peoria! Small world! Can't wait to follow your off season. Love making progress and love watching other make progress as well! Good luck in your off season and I will be following along!

Very small world! Thanks for your support! I appreciate it

KBigz81
11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Jeez sets of 15 reps of flyes with 70l dumbbels? That is crazy, nice! I don't think I could do that, thats some pretty crazy strength for your size. 110s are pretty insane for inclines too, my girlfriend just got a set of 8 with the 40s and I'm very proud of her! I'll have to show her this journal, thats some inspiration there.

haha no they are 35's for db flyes and 55's for incline db I have a bumbed right shoulder and can't go very heavy without my shoulder hurting for a few days.

TheABomb
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
haha no they are 35's for db flyes and 55's for incline db I have a bumbed right shoulder and can't go very heavy without my shoulder hurting for a few days.

Hey, that's still very good weight. Years ago I had labrum tear surgery, so benching is a pain in the ass now. But the dumbbells make it a little better, the only problem is the first few inches of the first rep. That hurts my shoulder a lot. I hate shoulder pain, it really sucks and I don't know anyone who doesn't have it.

KBigz81
11-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I also had labrum surgery 2 years ago. There are some things I can do that I couldn't do . But there is still pain there. Don't know if I'll ever be able to throw a softball again :byeg: Big bummer there. Was an all state catcher and played some semi pro softball after highschool. Really miss playing.

KBigz81
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
After a wonderful Thanksgiving, I couldn't wait to get into the gym and do some deadlifts. Of course I'm pretty bloated but it will go away after a few days. Best thing I had was a pumpkin cake, OMG it was so good!

Back

Underhand pulldowns 75x20 90x15 120x12 3x150x8
Deadlifts 135x8 185x8 205x8 225x8 245x7 135x20 (last set was really difficult to get through) lower back was burning like crazy
DB rows 70's x 12 80's x 10 90's x 9
Underhand low cable row 110 x 12 110 x 8(4 sec negatives each rep) 110 x 8 (SAME)
Straight arm pushdown w/rope 90 x 12 90 x 12 both sets done with negatives

45 mins on stairmill set at 7 on the fat burning mode. Needed it after yesterday.

swingslammer
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I know you were the only competitor in your last contest but how about some pictures anyway? I saw the few on your last thread but how about some stage shots? See you, Cal

KBigz81
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Here ya go!

KBigz81
11-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Well I was planning on putting up some Christmas lights but its raining and in the lower 40's here. I hate Illinois...but I can't get my husband to move south. I would be happy with Georgia or Tennessee.

Well my other plan was to do the spin class this morning but my right knee is bothering me a bit. Instead I hit my shoulders and did some HIIT cardio afterwards.

DB shoulder press warm up 25's x 20 35's x 15
DB front raises 20's x 20 30's x 12
working sets 40's x 8 drop set - 40's x 10 30's x 6 20 x 5 12.5 x 3
drop set 45 x 7 30 x 5 20 x 4 12.5 x 3 (4 sec negatives)
machine rear flye's 60 x 50 60 x 50 (omg these killed)
Hammer strength shoulder press 90 x 15 120 x 12 140 x 8 r/p x 4 r/p x 2
Seated side lat raises (very strict, 2 sec pause at the top, 4 sec negative) 20 x 12 15 x 8 15 x 8 these burned so bad, especially in the right shoulder. Lactic acid is building up in the shoulder fairly quickly. Think I may need to break some scar tissue up in there, time for a deep tissue massage.

HIIT on the stair mill 13 sets 30 sec sprints set on level 15-17 then set it on level 5 for 60 seconds. Legs get a really good pump doing these. Take about 15 mins afterwards to stretch and cool down.

KBigz81
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Not much to talk about today. My IBS has flared up pretty bad. Noticed it is worse when I eat oats. So I'm going to eliminate it tomorrow from my diet. Hopefully its that simple and nothing else causing it. Weight 158.9 and have been really bloated all weekend. It is very frustrating and I feel dirty if that makes sense. I think I may need a detox to clean me out. Sometimes that helps.

Worked Arms this morning heavy this am

Incline DB curls 3 sets x 8 w/30lbs
Close grip bench 125x12 135x8 155x6
DB preacher curls 3 sets x 10 w/30lbs
Overhead cable rope exts 90x12 110x10 130x6
Hammer db curls 30x12 35x10 40x7
Cable kickback 2x25 60lbs

35 mins on elliptical

sheri.koepsel
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Not much to talk about today. My IBS has flared up pretty bad. Noticed it is worse when I eat oats. So I'm going to eliminate it tomorrow from my diet. Hopefully its that simple and nothing else causing it. Weight 158.9 and have been really bloated all weekend. It is very frustrating and I feel dirty if that makes sense. I think I may need a detox to clean me out. Sometimes that helps.

Worked Arms this morning heavy this am

Incline DB curls 3 sets x 8 w/30lbs
Close grip bench 125x12 135x8 155x6
DB preacher curls 3 sets x 10 w/30lbs
Overhead cable rope exts 90x12 110x10 130x6
Hammer db curls 30x12 35x10 40x7
Cable kickback 2x25 60lbs

35 mins on elliptical

i would love to do a cleanse too...
and i have been eating like shit and feel bloated ALL THE TIME...it's a really disguating feeling and i need to clean up my act!!!!
i am also having a skin breakout!!! AGH!!!!!!! DETOX TIME!!!!!

KBigz81
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
i would love to do a cleanse too...
and i have been eating like shit and feel bloated ALL THE TIME...it's a really disguating feeling and i need to clean up my act!!!!
i am also having a skin breakout!!! AGH!!!!!!! DETOX TIME!!!!!

I usually do Jay Robb's 3 day cleanse. It cleans me out but also helps stop my carb cravings. I'm also having a bad breakout too. Usually happens to me after a show from my hormones getting back to normal. Nizoral helps if it is hormonal, if not find a antibacterial soap and let it sit on the area for about 5 mins.

KBigz81
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Has anyone found out that their body can't handle certain foods after a show before, that you could eat before your prep?

I'm finding that problem with marinated chicken and oatmeal...I'm trying to eliminate things that are irritating my tummy. Oats and starchy carbs seems to be a problem. Could be that my IBS is flared up but not cool since I'm trying to add a little muscle. That eliminates alot of carbs. Can't build much muscle on just protein and fats.

KBigz81
11-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok so did some research and its def starchy carbs causing my IBS flare up. So I'm eliminating that from my diet for a while. Back on a keto diet. Kinda hard to build muscle without carbs. We'll see what Mikaila has to say about it.

KBigz81
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Legs

Hitting them high reps and no more squats. Thats what I was told by 3 judges at my last show, hit the hamstrings/glutes w/high reps and stop squatting. It'll prevent my hips from getting any wider and my quads are over powering my upper body.

Seated leg curl 60x25 75x20 90x15 105x15 120x12 w/4 sec negatives I haven't had that bad of a burn in my hamstrings in a long time.

Supersetted
DB romanian deads w/walking body weight lunges (very slow reps, made sure to pause at the stretch on the deadlifts)
90x25 w/30 lunges 100x20 w/30 L's 100x20 same 100x15 same

unilateral leg ext's 80x20/20 70x25/25 50x12/12 50x12/12 2 sec squeeze 4 sec negatives

tried doing hack squats or leg presses and knees did not want to allow it. They were killing me, kinda weird I didn't have pain during the lunges.

So I did no carbs today and my stomach felt so much better and I didn't feel like I had the flu. May try some berries or grapefruit to see if that bothers me at all, but I'll wait til next week so my stomach can get back to normal first.

KBigz81
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Tummy is feeling a 100% better. I'm back on a keto diet but increased the fats/protein to get my calories up. My stomach doesn't look like I'm pregnant anymore which is always nice. So far I'm still able to fit into my jeans from contest time. Really happy about that.
I'm also looking forward to meeting with Mikaila Soto on Dec 10 in Chicago for my first session. We are going to go over my offseason diet, training, and she is also going to take measurements, bodyfat, and go over my goals. I was hoping to schedule it for this weekend and to also go to Chicago this weekend to go to Gail's powerlifting competiton. But can only do 1 weekend :byeg:

Shoulder is still bother me so Chest workout wasn't the greatest.

Smith flat bench 95x20 115x15 135x12 145x10 165x6 w/negatives
Incline DB bench 55's x 10 x 3 these really hurt my shoulder lactic acid built up very quickly in my shoulder
Uni Incline Hammer press 75x12x3 2 sec squeeze at the top
Pec dec 130 x 12 130 x 12 drop set -130 x 10 100 x 5 70 x 3

30 mins of cardio on glider...blood sugar was dropping after that. Had some honey to get it back up. Thankfully blood work is getting done on the 15th to find out what is going on with my blood sugar.

swingslammer
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I think you legs will be fine if you lay off them awhile, they are a strength. Thanks for putting up the pictures. I think you have a real future.

P.S. I bet Dave Palumbo would beg to differ about not being able to gain muscle without carbs! See you, Cal

KBigz81
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't want to let off my legs or they will get soft which is what I don't want of course. I won't be hitting my quads heavy is all. But I do need to bring up my upper body especially my shoulders which will help my overall appearance.

And thank you...I hope I do have a future. I'm working on being patient with everything. Thats one of my struggles.

swingslammer
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
You know what I always tell the young guys at the gym?

CONSISTANCY is the key....it really is "Slow and steady" wins the race. Too many people want it all NOW...instant gratifacation. Seems like you have it figured out.

The Prodigy
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Ok so did some research and its def starchy carbs causing my IBS flare up. So I'm eliminating that from my diet for a while. Back on a keto diet. Kinda hard to build muscle without carbs. We'll see what Mikaila has to say about it.

I have always done the keto diet in the offseason and had NO problem building muscle.....been on the keto diet the last 3 offseasons!

KBigz81
12-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Thats good to know Gail...thanks! I've always thought you have to have carbs in the offseason in order to build.

KBigz81
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Cardio day for me........was planning on doing RPM but a friend of mine who teaches body attack has been bugging the shit out of me to do the class. SO I did and I failed miserably LOL I am NOT coordinated enough to do that. I made it through the class but there were times that all I could do was laugh because I had myself all screwed up. Anyways it was a nice change but I highly doubt I will be doing it again. Next class I'm trying is body step. I think they need to let me train them and see how long they last in one of my training sessions.

swingslammer
12-02-2011, 03:26 AM
I am in the Army, one of the big wigs is all HOTT for Insaniety training...always going on about how hard it is and how good it is for you. It is ALL I can do to say how about you go squat with me and then do some HITT cardio....not a bad workout either.

So I feel your pain.

Suzanne
12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Just got all caught up! I wish my legs we too big lol i need them to GROW! Worked so much to get back to grow now i need big sweep!

Looking forward to following along in your off season

stephaniewilles
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Has anyone found out that their body can't handle certain foods after a show before, that you could eat before your prep?

I'm finding that problem with marinated chicken and oatmeal...I'm trying to eliminate things that are irritating my tummy. Oats and starchy carbs seems to be a problem. Could be that my IBS is flared up but not cool since I'm trying to add a little muscle. That eliminates alot of carbs. Can't build much muscle on just protein and fats.

Whats with all us healthy chicks with GI problems.:dunno: It NUTTSS!!!

Some easy on the tummy carbs I have found are, applesauce (all natural is lower in sugar) White or red potatoes, no skin, Cream of Wheat instead of the oats. Anything whole grain or wheat is totally out for me as well as veggies. I can have oatmeal from time to time but usually stick with the cream of wheat. If I use a tortilla or bread its all white. Did you know that most of the white is lower calorie than the whole grain/wheat stuff? It is!! So really the difference is fiber and my GI DR said that low fiber diet is the way to go for anyone with IBS or IBD problems. I get about 15 grams a day which is pretty low. Since my UC is under control for now my biggest issue is I always feel bloated and my stomach distended, whats that about?? IDK?

Anywho..... Love your journal!!! I will be at Jr USA's as well. Hopefully we can meet!! :)

KBigz81
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Just got all caught up! I wish my legs we too big lol i need them to GROW! Worked so much to get back to grow now i need big sweep!

Looking forward to following along in your off season

12 years of catching will do that...plus I started doing olympic weight training when I was a sophomore. Now what I need that you have and I am extremley jealous of is the hardness and conditioning you have! It'll come!! As will your sweep...love following your training. Those workouts are insane!

Some easy on the tummy carbs I have found are, applesauce (all natural is lower in sugar) White or red potatoes, no skin, Cream of Wheat instead of the oats. Anything whole grain or wheat is totally out for me as well as veggies. I can have oatmeal from time to time but usually stick with the cream of wheat. If I use a tortilla or bread its all white. Did you know that most of the white is lower calorie than the whole grain/wheat stuff? It is!! So really the difference is fiber and my GI DR said that low fiber diet is the way to go for anyone with IBS or IBD problems. I get about 15 grams a day which is pretty low. Since my UC is under control for now my biggest issue is I always feel bloated and my stomach distended, whats that about?? IDK?

Anywho..... Love your journal!!! I will be at Jr USA's as well. Hopefully we can meet!! :)

I have thought the same thing. We all eat a clean healthy lifestyle and yet we have to deal with the GI problems. But just imagine if we didn't eat clean and didn't care about our bodies. We would be in so much pain, but we are smart enough to pick up on what we can and can't eat. I don't know how many times I've harped on my mom about her diet and that she's only making her UC worse. She thinks that since she can't eat grains, fruits, and nut butters she is only supposed to eat crap. She loves bakery stuff. Well its hurt her overall health, high bp, and creeping up on diabetes.

Now I found that keeping my fiber up helps my stomach. I have IBS w/constipation and found that taking 2 scoops of fiberlyze a day w/probiotics help my IBS. Now cream of wheat does not upset my tummy to the extent that oatmeal does. Breads period tie my stomach up like a knot. I was going to let my IBS calm down a bit and try some berries or grapefruit or poss the cream of wheat again. Stress of course is the biggest culprit. Its so frustrating because its something that will never go away. I also found out that I'm at risk for UC since my mom has it.

stephaniewilles
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
12 years of catching will do that...plus I started doing olympic weight training when I was a sophomore. Now what I need that you have and I am extremley jealous of is the hardness and conditioning you have! It'll come!! As will your sweep...love following your training. Those workouts are insane!

I have thought the same thing. We all eat a clean healthy lifestyle and yet we have to deal with the GI problems. But just imagine if we didn't eat clean and didn't care about our bodies. We would be in so much pain, but we are smart enough to pick up on what we can and can't eat. I don't know how many times I've harped on my mom about her diet and that she's only making her UC worse. She thinks that since she can't eat grains, fruits, and nut butters she is only supposed to eat crap. She loves bakery stuff. Well its hurt her overall health, high bp, and creeping up on diabetes.

Now I found that keeping my fiber up helps my stomach. I have IBS w/constipation and found that taking 2 scoops of fiberlyze a day w/probiotics help my IBS. Now cream of wheat does not upset my tummy to the extent that oatmeal does. Breads period tie my stomach up like a knot. I was going to let my IBS calm down a bit and try some berries or grapefruit or poss the cream of wheat again. Stress of course is the biggest culprit. Its so frustrating because its something that will never go away. I also found out that I'm at risk for UC since my mom has it.

Hopefully your mom will adjust her diet accordingly, if not for the UC for her overall health. Maybe recommend her visiting a dietician that specializing in GI disorders? If she will listen. I have the same issues with my family, almost all of them are overweight, with high bp, anxiety etc and no one will listen to me. But they have to want to change...

I'm glad you have found what works and what doesnt, that can be the hardest part of the illness. I couldnt do the grapefruit because of the acid, it would kill.... on top of my meds I take Pepcid 20mg twice a day to keep my acid levels down. I have no problems with constipation, I'm on the other end of that lol, so probably why fiber is not good for me.

From all info I have read and recieved from my doctor, you are definetly at increased risk because its runs in your family. My grandpa had Crohn's. I orignally was diagnosed with that but they sent my biopsy's to UCLA for a second opinion and they said it was only UC. Stress is a huge deal for keeping symptoms at bay. I have learned deep breathing and to just deal with one issue at a time. But sometimes nothing works and if I get too stressed I can end up in the fetal position in bed. It sucks so I try to manage it as best as I can. I wish you the best with all this, I know it can be very hard.:hugme:

shankuan
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm real sorry you've been having the tummy issues. Since backing off the strict diet I find I have been having slight constipation issues and bloating if I have more than a certain amount of certain carbs. Not to mention the flatulence...holy mother of god!!! I therefore stick to pro/fats after meal 3. Have you tried going gluten free? I've been considering going gluten free especially on refeed days just to see if this will do any better. do you get that way with starchy veggies too?

Cardio day for me........was planning on doing RPM but a friend of mine who teaches body attack has been bugging the shit out of me to do the class. SO I did and I failed miserably LOL I am NOT coordinated enough to do that. I made it through the class but there were times that all I could do was laugh because I had myself all screwed up. Anyways it was a nice change but I highly doubt I will be doing it again. Next class I'm trying is body step. I think they need to let me train them and see how long they last in one of my training sessions.

I actually imagined you laughing at yourself cause that was me the 1st time i tried an advanced step class LOOONG before i even learnt how to step. Hilarious!! Do you teach? what kinds of classes? or do you only work one on one for strength training? I ask that because if you are inclined towards that kind of class, a bodypump type class would be something you'd certainly like. Trust me i teach step and it IS challenging, to say the least, but body attack is even harder to teach let alone do, so i totally get you! And I can imagine how they'd probably bawl bloody murder when you'e done with them in a class setting lolol!

It IS!!

ME TOO!!! THAT is what I am after as well...and insane doesn't begin to describe her workouts!

I cringe thinking about how much pain i'd be in if i hadn't cleaned things up!! And it goes to show how different we all are because i suffer with severe cramping and bloating from cream of wheat! white/red potatoes give me some bloating but no where near as bad and oatmeal affects me only sometimes.

A fiber supplement doesn't seem to do as much of a trick for me as veggies do. I've found that once i have veggies (lettuce, cucumber in particular) in my diet, and plenty of it, i don't have constipation issues.

Would it help finding and working with a nutritionist that specializes in these kinds of issues, in terms of long-term management for you? You would want to try to lower your risk as much as possible for UC despite it being hereditary right?

KBigz81
12-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Hopefully your mom will adjust her diet accordingly, if not for the UC for her overall health. Maybe recommend her visiting a dietician that specializing in GI disorders? If she will listen. I have the same issues with my family, almost all of them are overweight, with high bp, anxiety etc and no one will listen to me. But they have to want to change...

I'm glad you have found what works and what doesnt, that can be the hardest part of the illness. I couldnt do the grapefruit because of the acid, it would kill.... on top of my meds I take Pepcid 20mg twice a day to keep my acid levels down. I have no problems with constipation, I'm on the other end of that lol, so probably why fiber is not good for me.

From all info I have read and recieved from my doctor, you are definetly at increased risk because its runs in your family. My grandpa had Crohn's. I orignally was diagnosed with that but they sent my biopsy's to UCLA for a second opinion and they said it was only UC. Stress is a huge deal for keeping symptoms at bay. I have learned deep breathing and to just deal with one issue at a time. But sometimes nothing works and if I get too stressed I can end up in the fetal position in bed. It sucks so I try to manage it as best as I can. I wish you the best with all this, I know it can be very hard.:hugme:

Unfortunately my mom will not listen to a dietician and would much rather complain when she is in a flare up. I've tried referring her to dieticians and she has no interest in changing he ways. Sometimes I don't feel sorry for her because she wants sympothy but continues to make things worse for her.

I never thought about the applesauce though, might give that a try. I've always told myself that I was going to do Yoga but never have found the time to do it. I don't know how many times I have ended up on the floor in a fetal position. There have been times that I've had to go to the hospital from the pain. I wouldn't wish this shit on anybody. I've had 1 colonoscopy and that was back in 04. Really need to get in for another but no insurance right now :-(

KBigz81
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm real sorry you've been having the tummy issues. Since backing off the strict diet I find I have been having slight constipation issues and bloating if I have more than a certain amount of certain carbs. Not to mention the flatulence...holy mother of god!!! I therefore stick to pro/fats after meal 3. Have you tried going gluten free? I've been considering going gluten free especially on refeed days just to see if this will do any better. do you get that way with starchy veggies too?

I actually imagined you laughing at yourself cause that was me the 1st time i tried an advanced step class LOOONG before i even learnt how to step. Hilarious!! Do you teach? what kinds of classes? or do you only work one on one for strength training? I ask that because if you are inclined towards that kind of class, a bodypump type class would be something you'd certainly like. Trust me i teach step and it IS challenging, to say the least, but body attack is even harder to teach let alone do, so i totally get you! And I can imagine how they'd probably bawl bloody murder when you'e done with them in a class setting lolol!

It IS!!

ME TOO!!! THAT is what I am after as well...and insane doesn't begin to describe her workouts!

I cringe thinking about how much pain i'd be in if i hadn't cleaned things up!! And it goes to show how different we all are because i suffer with severe cramping and bloating from cream of wheat! white/red potatoes give me some bloating but no where near as bad and oatmeal affects me only sometimes.

A fiber supplement doesn't seem to do as much of a trick for me as veggies do. I've found that once i have veggies (lettuce, cucumber in particular) in my diet, and plenty of it, i don't have constipation issues.

Would it help finding and working with a nutritionist that specializes in these kinds of issues, in terms of long-term management for you? You would want to try to lower your risk as much as possible for UC despite it being hereditary right?

Starches period cause horrible flatulance and bloating. Not sure if its a gluten issue, but I've thought that could be an issue. I've talked to a dietician and she told me to keep a food diary and write down when something bothers me and just keep track of those foods and avoid them.

I'm just a personal trainer and dont teach any classes. Never really been into them, really just trying them about because I'm friends with the teachers. About the only class I really like is RPM which is a spin class. But last night was pretty interesting. I def looked like the odd duck in there and was getting alot of strange looks. Felt really out of place though!

I'm not a big fan of veggies :-( cucumbers, green beans, and asparagus is about the only veggies i will eat. And I only eat those if I'm told to. Its nice that we can discuss our diets and what we go through. Its nice to know that I'm not alone when it comes to tummy issues.

Andersen
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Best Wishes Kelly. You looked fantastic at your last show!

KBigz81
12-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks!

Back day...my favorite day!!!

DB pullovers 35x12 45x12 60x10 70x8 80x6
Underhand pulldowns 105x20 150x10 165x8 180x7
T-bar rows 35x12x3 slow reps...had great mind back connection with these
straight arm pushdowns w/4 sec neg 90x10x4
DB deadlifts 70x10 80x8 90x8

had a new client after I trained back and she ended up getting sick towards the end of her workout...oops. She came out from the bathroom and was determined to finish the workout. Couldn't believe it...and of course she is going to come back for more!!

Cheat night tonight
trying a new chili recipe called Dragons Breath Chili by Guy Fieri. 3 jalapenos, 2 anaheim peppers and 2 pablano peppers. Plus the cayenne pepper and black pepper in the chili.
Here's the recipe if your interested http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/dragons-breath-chili-recipe/index.html?soc=share

I used lean beef and turkey sausage instead of pork sausage.
I have been snacking on some reese's pb cups and candy cane kisses before the chili is done.
Also had a Sam Adams Boston Lager...tasted alright

KBigz81
12-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Yesterday my Husky Gemma somehow moved her kennel while she was in it across the room...will be setting up the web came while we are gone and figure out how she is doing it. Only other thing is the our rot/sheppard mix is pushing her across the floor. But he's not very smart and not sure he could figure out how to do that.

TheABomb
12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I love dogs, they are smarter than you think sometimes haha

KBigz81
12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
So I was looking at previous JR nats pictures and reading about their heights and it seems that if I go into JR nats in June under 140 that would put me at LHW. Being that I'm 5'7 and it seems most of the ladies are 5'5 or shorter then I would be at a disadvantage. I know that I need to add alot of size on my frame since I have longer limbs but at least I don't have the leg problem. I don't know, maybe I'm just looking way too much into this. Since I didn't compete against anyone in Davenport I didn't have anything to compare myself to. Well thinking about all this gave me some motivation for my shoulder workout. I used the tens unit on it last night and it felt a lot better this morning.

DB presses 30's x 15 45'x 12 60's x 10 65's x 8 70's x 6 (reno had to force a few on that last set)
DB side lat 35 x 12 40 x 10 45 x 8 55 x 8 1/4 reps to get a nice burn
Cable front raises w/rope 50x12 60x10 70x8 ss w/ uni rear db lat raises 35 x 12 x 3
cable rear lat raises 1 set of 30 on each side.

35 mins on stairmill set at level 7

stephaniewilles
12-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately my mom will not listen to a dietician and would much rather complain when she is in a flare up. I've tried referring her to dieticians and she has no interest in changing he ways. Sometimes I don't feel sorry for her because she wants sympothy but continues to make things worse for her.

I never thought about the applesauce though, might give that a try. I've always told myself that I was going to do Yoga but never have found the time to do it. I don't know how many times I have ended up on the floor in a fetal position. There have been times that I've had to go to the hospital from the pain. I wouldn't wish this shit on anybody. I've had 1 colonoscopy and that was back in 04. Really need to get in for another but no insurance right now :-(

Thats really too bad about your mom. It does make it hard to feel sorry for someone who cannot help themselves.

The applesauce was great for me. I had it everyday after I got out of the hospital. It is the only fruit I can eat regularly and not have issues. Or an apple with no skin. Yup, this shit (pun intended right?lol!) I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. I think yearly colonoscopys are the way to go,so as soon as you can pay for it or get ins I would go. I need one soon too. Thinking about switching meds as well. I hope you can stay pain free girl, nothing worse or more dibilitating than that. :hugme:

KBigz81
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Thats really too bad about your mom. It does make it hard to feel sorry for someone who cannot help themselves.

The applesauce was great for me. I had it everyday after I got out of the hospital. It is the only fruit I can eat regularly and not have issues. Or an apple with no skin. Yup, this shit (pun intended right?lol!) I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. I think yearly colonoscopys are the way to go,so as soon as you can pay for it or get ins I would go. I need one soon too. Thinking about switching meds as well. I hope you can stay pain free girl, nothing worse or more dibilitating than that. :hugme:

I hope you can too! Thanks for the support :hmn:

Yesterday I was in a half shitty mood all day. Didn't sleep very well and I'm thinking I'm in the process of passing a kidney stone. 2nd one this year...fuck I wish I could just be pain free for 1 freaking day. So it feels like I'm going to pass out out when I pee. Good times! The worst of it was yesterday and I think it may have passed. Lets hope so!

Worked arms before I trained my client. Was a shitty workout do the lower abd pain.

Seated DB Curls 30 x 10 x 3
Overhead tri ext 60 x 15-20 x 3

Machine preacher curl 55 x 10 x 4 very slow reps and concentrating on the squeeze
Tricep pushdowns
140 x 8 x 4

Single Arm cable curl 40 x 10-12 x 3
Tricep dip machine 210 x 6-8 x 3

No cardio...I think I'm getting close to needing a break. I'm sore about everyday and feel like its taking me longer to recover from my workouts. I haven't had a break since July so its about time. See what Mikaila wants me to do, but I'm hoping for a break the week of Christmas.

Tonight I might do RPM, see what kind of mood I'm in later.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Suzanne
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
ugh all those stomach issues and pain do not sound fun!

Could be time a break. dusty put me on one. Last week no gym just walk dogs. This week just really light WO get a little blood in but still no cheat or delts. Says my joints will love it and the body responds and grows better after. My shoulder pec issue will love it for sure. Feels weird to not train!

KBigz81
12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
A break sounds so nice Suzanne. I'm getting a bit burned out since I was prepping since August. But I didn't want a bad rebound so I didn't stop training after the show. Glad I did it, but its time for a break.

So weirdos on facebook are really getting on my nerves. I feel bad saying that because most of them are harmless (i think) but this one guy asks me the same questions all the time about my bodybuilding pics and its really annoying. He posts stupid crap on my page. He's local and friends with a few of my friends. I feel like such a bitch to defriend him. But I'm in a crappy mood right now and I'm real close to it.

KBigz81
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I feel like an absolute cow today! I'm hoping that my time of the month is starting up. I've been a really pissy mood the past few days. Hate feeling like that. My husband did get the Christmas tree yesterday and I decorated it last night which made me feel a little bit better.

Worked legs last night...nothing really exciting to speak of. Very light leg workout. Not trying to kill myself right now. Body is telling me I need a rest just waiting to see Mikaila to see what she wants me to do. I tried doing some leg extensions and my knees were absolutley killing me. Cold is reaking havic on my arthritis. Bleh!

Lying single leg curl 30 x 15 x 4 supersetted w/bw lunges 50 steps each set
Single leg press 105 x 20 x 4 put my foot high on the platfrom to hit my hamstrings more

Then took Ernest Bea's advice, lightened up the weight on my db stiff legged dead lifts and put the weight further out from my body. WOW what a difference that made. Really hit the glutes and hamstrings, but it was a much deeper stretch.

2 sets of back extensions and my hamstrings/glutes were toast.

figurefit09
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Worked legs last night...nothing really exciting to speak of. Very light leg workout. Not trying to kill myself right now. Body is telling me I need a rest just waiting to see Mikaila to see what she wants me to do. I tried doing some leg extensions and my knees were absolutley killing me. Cold is reaking havic on my arthritis. Bleh!

The cold really messes with my joints too! And I am only 20! North Carolina's weather is so bipolar my poor body just cant keep up! When i travel out to Arizona to see my family i acutually find the dry heat does wonders for my joints.

KBigz81
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Ugh been a shitty week. I didn't training tonight. I was supposed to do chest but my shoulder is hurting and think I need to let it rest. I feel like eating everything in sight while sitting at home. Had trouble putting the pb down. Work is stressing me out and my husband is in a shitty mood because of finals. Ready for that to be over with only for nursing school to start for him.

figurefit09
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
What kind of shoulder problems do you have? I have had some crazy stuff with mine. Double dislocations and surgical repair of he labrum... -_- ouch! Hope you haven't had anything to terrible happen with yours. Its definitely a bummer because it effects about all upper body routines when it isnt feeling well. Hope it gets to feeling better soon!

KBigz81
12-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Same here!! My arm was continuously pulling out of socket, my labrum was completely torn from the socket. I had it repair in August of 09 and its never been the same. There are alot of things I can do that I couldn't do before the surgery, but I still can't throw a softball :-( My 2nd love is softball.

And I believe it has effected my shoulder growth. I think mine was torn for closer to 10 years. I was complaining of pain when I was a junior in high school and the dr said I just had an upper bicep strain. I really started feeling it in 07 and dr noticed that I had severe muscle atrophy in my rhomboid trap area from my shoulder not holding up right. Did an mri and wham there ya go!

Bronwyn
12-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Hi,
I have left shoulder rotator problems for 8 years.. unfortunatelly it keeps me away from all presses. So I keep only at various lateral lifts. I do not have problems with chest - luckily - but for a long time I was not able to do a benchpress... I think if there is a problem there - the only one thing is to avoid painfull exercises and try to find another possibilities to overcome it.

Anyway I really had to smile when I read about the facebook weirdos :D I have the same experiences - and I roughly kick them out if anyone starts any bullshitting - it is my FB wall, my photos = my rules! :D Trough a year on a FB I think I learned many of them to RESPECT me - as an athlete :) ;)
And I stopped to add new ones - especially those starting their friend requests by "I am a single man, you are beautifull, how are you" (when I have visible status ENGAGED :D)

figurefit09
12-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Same here!! My arm was continuously pulling out of socket, my labrum was completely torn from the socket. I had it repair in August of 09 and its never been the same. There are alot of things I can do that I couldn't do before the surgery, but I still can't throw a softball :-( My 2nd love is softball.

And I believe it has effected my shoulder growth. I think mine was torn for closer to 10 years. I was complaining of pain when I was a junior in high school and the dr said I just had an upper bicep strain. I really started feeling it in 07 and dr noticed that I had severe muscle atrophy in my rhomboid trap area from my shoulder not holding up right. Did an mri and wham there ya go!

Well its nice to meet someone who feels my pain! I hate that you have had to go throw it because I know how tough it is! Sometimes now it will act up every now and then. I have found when my estrogen levels are higher it tends to be more painful. Like right before my period sometimes I will have to take a day off from the gym due to aching, but usually is only an issue when my bodyfat is over 16%. Like you I can do a lot of things that I used to not being able to do but I still cannot throw footballs, softballs or anything like that. I still suffer from atrophy on the one side but will have to work harder (and carefully) to catch it up to the other shoulder.

Just a tip, I do ice my shoulders often after workouts and use frozen packs of peas and just stick them in my shirt on my shoulders... Makes you look like a football player but it has done wonders for making them feel better for years.

KBigz81
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Haven't posted in a few days. I went up to Chicago to meet Mikaila to go over my goals. Overall I need to add size to shoulders, tris, and back. Our main goal is to keep my body fat down in this offseason so I don't have so much to get rid of when I start my prep for Jr Nats. Which I'm absolutley fine with that. I took her power fitness class and I'm fucking sore as hell from it still. You think you're in great shape and then you do shit loads of push ups, squats, and lunges. I was close to throwing up LOL It was non stop movement for an hour. It was nice for a change. Won't be taking a break from the gym...maybe the week of Christmas I'll do a few light workouts but she does not want me to take 6 or 7 days away from the gym.

I also had my first experience in an IKEA store. That was so awesome! Stopped by my cousins house in Plainfield and went to Famous Daves BBQ and I had bbq chicken w/no skin , garlic red potatoes, and green beans. Kept it very sensible. Last night I went to Madrigals dinner at my old high school. Its a 3 course meal, beef barley soup, bread & butter w/cheese, then Turkey w/carrots in pineapples, green beans and wile rice, more bread & butter, then pork roast w/marinated mushrooms, spiced apples and more bread and butter. For dessert bread pudding w/cold fruit. RIDICULOUS amounts of food!! Did I mention wassail? That stuff is so good! They give you packets so you can make some at home. All that while the school choir sings hymns and christmas songs. It lasts about 3 hours but it is well worth it! Gets you in the Christmas spirit.

stephaniewilles
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
A break sounds so nice Suzanne. I'm getting a bit burned out since I was prepping since August. But I didn't want a bad rebound so I didn't stop training after the show. Glad I did it, but its time for a break.

So weirdos on facebook are really getting on my nerves. I feel bad saying that because most of them are harmless (i think) but this one guy asks me the same questions all the time about my bodybuilding pics and its really annoying. He posts stupid crap on my page. He's local and friends with a few of my friends. I feel like such a bitch to defriend him. But I'm in a crappy mood right now and I'm real close to it.

Kinda shy I dont do facebook....to many wierdos out their and of course we like to think they are just harmless. But you never know when you might run into a crazy!!!! Be careful and listen to your gut!!:hugme:

The Prodigy
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Glad your meeting with Mikayla went well! She is a ton of fun! Wish we could have hooked up while you were here! IKEA is an adventure! I can walk around that place for hours! Famous Dave's closed so I haven't had that BBQ in a while!

Let me know when you are coming up again! I would love to grab a workout with you! I will give you some of that water to try! You will fall in love! It will help your stomach SOOO much!

KBigz81
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Glad your meeting with Mikayla went well! She is a ton of fun! Wish we could have hooked up while you were here! IKEA is an adventure! I can walk around that place for hours! Famous Dave's closed so I haven't had that BBQ in a while!

Let me know when you are coming up again! I would love to grab a workout with you! I will give you some of that water to try! You will fall in love! It will help your stomach SOOO much!

I watch drive ins, diners, and dives and I remember there was a really good BBQ place in Chicago that I wanted to try. It wasn't a chain and I can't think of the name of it. I would love to workout with you! I'll be coming up every 3-4 weeks to check up with her and get a workout in.

I changed up my workout a bit until she sets my workouts up. She wants me hitting shoulders and back twice a week so I'm doing Nortons Power/Hypertophy workout. I've used it in the past when I needed to bring up some lagging areas. Made some changes to tailor me though.

Upper body Power day Monday
Barbell row 3 * 3-5 155*8 185*5 185*5 185*5
chins 2*6-10
close grip pull downs 165*8 180*6
incline barbell bench (weak area) 155*5 155*5
incline db fly 90*9 90*9

lower body power day Tuesady
deadlifts 225*6 275*3 275*3
hack squats 270*10 360*8
leg ext 195*10 240*8 255*6
romanians 180*5 180*5
lying leg curl 90*6 *90*6
calf press 405*10 405*10

Back/Shoulders Wednesday
T-bar rows 90*5*6
Rack chins 0*12 25*9 25*7
cable seated rows 165*8 150*9 135*10
db rows 60*13 60*12
straight arm pulldown 100*15 80*19
DB presses 90*12 100*8 100*8
Bar upright rows 95*15 95*15
DB lat raises 25*15 25*12/20*5 20*20

Off day for me today I've worked out 5 days in a row now and I'm so stinking sore it hurts to move lol My body is adjusting to hitting all body parts twice a week. I still have Chest/Arms tomorrow and High rep leg day on Saturday. My diet has been clean since I didn't eat so great this past weekend. Can't wait to make my Christmas cookies/fudge this weekend! 13 to make num num

KBigz81
12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I had a fairly busy weekend baking cookies and fudge :-) This week has been pretty uneventful. Got a deep tissue massage on Saturday from one of my clients who is a massage therapist. That made me sore for 3 days! She really dug into my shoulder and it was so painful, but so needed.

I also worked legs on Saturday

V squat - 540x5 540x5 630x5 630x4 630x4 630x5
Step ups 50x15x3
leg exts 195x12 195x12
kettlebell slds 55x15x3
seated leg curls 95x20 105x18
glute hamstring raise 0x8 0x8 I would like to get better at these. Nice way to finish off the hammies.

I took Sunday off because of my body was still sore from the massage and I wanted my body to heal. I just did abs and some light cardio. Monday I had some bad chicken that made me sick. So I took Monday night off.

Tuesday upper body power
Pendlay rows 155x5x3 these are pretty hard to do but felt they hit my lats better
bw pullups 2x8 again something i need to improve on
close grip pulldowns 180x6x2
flat smith bench 185x5 205x3 205x3 my shoulder did not like this at all
IC db flyes 90x10 100x9 110x8
DB shoulder press 130x7 130x7 130x6 did more last week but shoulder was giving me problems last night.
DB curls 40x7x3
Cable pressdowns 180x8 180x7 200x6

So I was looking at the calender and starting Jan 1st I have 24 weeks until Jr Nats. Only gives me 12 weeks left of offseason. That gives me more motivation to stay at the weight I am right now. I do not want to put on a ton of weight in that short of time only to just take it off and make prep that much harder.

Andersen
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
bw pullups 2x8 again something i need to improve on

Kelly, would you someday like to be able to do pullups with added weight plates?

KBigz81
12-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Hell yes!

shankuan
12-23-2011, 10:49 AM
12 weeks of offseason is still good time to make improvements and I'm with ya on keeping the weight in check! It becomes hell and hurts too much when you have to get the extra off!

who wouldn't love to do pullups with added weight??? That's a real badass thing especially for us women. I recall spending some time doing rack chins and it helped my pullups tremendously (i was able to add plates, albeit only 10-25lbs). When I stopped doing rack chins, my pullups went to shit! So keep working on them.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas and I wish nothing but great things for you in 2012 :yep:. I'll be here following along.

KBigz81
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
We had a great Christmas! Hope you did too! Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I'm scared to weigh myself after engorging myself in cookies and fudge. I talked to Mikaila and she said to snack on stuff here and there and get in atleast 3 days of cardio 45 mins each session and then weigh myself Saturday. She said not to worry we will get the weight off.

Sunday upper body power day
pendlay rows 165x5 165x5 185x4
pullups 0x8 0x6 god I suck at these lol
pulldowns 180x7 180x7
Hammer incline bench 175x5 175x3 175x3
Decline flye 100x8 100x10 100x10
DB military 130x8 130x7 130x8
Tri pressdown 200x10 200x8 200x7
Barbell curl 75x10 75x10 95x8
25 mins stair mill 20 mins glider

Monday lower body power day started my workout off with a migraine. Took 3 asprin and preworkout drink VPX Friction which has 400 mg caffeine!! Headache was gone pretty fast after that mixture.
Deadlifts 245 x 6 275x 5 300x3 BIG PR FOR ME!!!!!!!! never hit 300 before!
Reverse hacksquats 280x10 300x8 320x8
seated leg curl 165x8 165x6
lunges 10x50 10x50
Leg ext 270x8 285x6 maxed the machine out :-)
Calf press 630x10 630x10

My strength has been increasing like crazy lately. Not sure if its from working bodyparts twice a week. But I've also started using creatine again. First time using it consistently since about 5 years ago.

I ordered some hydrolyze water and can't wait for it to come in. Hoping it helps out with my stomach issues and acne.

The Prodigy
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Workouts are looking solid! Keep pushing hard!

Hows the water working for you?

KBigz81
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks Gail...haven't received it yet. Can't wait to get it though. I'm getting some PH strips tomorrow and test it before I start the water then do it again after I'm done with the case.

Sunnyday
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Heyhey! Lots of great stuff going on in here! Hyoooge congrats on the deads PR! :excited: Keep it up!!

Andersen
12-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Deadlifts 245 x 6 275x 5 300x3 BIG PR FOR ME!!!!!!!! never hit 300 before!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

So are you fine with that, or will you set the bar even higher down the road??

KBigz81
12-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Heyhey! Lots of great stuff going on in here! Hyoooge congrats on the deads PR! :excited: Keep it up!!

Thanks! I wish I had someone there to take a vid of it. I Lift by myself :byeg:

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

So are you fine with that, or will you set the bar even higher down the road??

Oh that weight is going to continue going up...I guarantee that!

KBigz81
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
UGH I feel like a fat ass and look like one too! Should have never stepped on the scale this morning. Sitting at 164. WHY do I love food so much??? :dunno:

shankuan
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
UGH I feel like a fat ass and look like one too! Should have never stepped on the scale this morning. Sitting at 164. WHY do I love food so much??? :dunno:

Girl I think we all have that 'food' problem. The trick is to try really hard to NOT think about it or put your self in a position not to worry either. For example, I have been wearing big tees in dark colors to the gym, I hid my scales in my closet to get them out of sight, and I avoid looking in the mirrors at the gym for too long. Sounds like i'm not embracing the weight changes but right now, it works :p. It really is something to work on though especially when you are trying to keep your weight from ballooning. Don't give up on it and keep pushing hard. On the upside, you are batshit strong and I know the weight helps there :) :yep:

Sunnyday
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM

I can relate to ^this. If it weren't for Dave keeping me on a VERY tight leash this offseason, I know I'd be hyoooge!

KBigz81
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Girl I think we all have that 'food' problem. The trick is to try really hard to NOT think about it or put your self in a position not to worry either. For example, I have been wearing big tees in dark colors to the gym, I hid my scales in my closet to get them out of sight, and I avoid looking in the mirrors at the gym for too long. Sounds like i'm not embracing the weight changes but right now, it works :p. It really is something to work on though especially when you are trying to keep your weight from ballooning. Don't give up on it and keep pushing hard. On the upside, you are batshit strong and I know the weight helps there :) :yep:

Thats some great advice! I've got my diet back to normal at least my offseason diet. Plan on doing a little cutting after the first of the year to get it back down and hopefully maintain that until prep starts in March. Seems like it is coming up quickly. Can't wait to step on stage again. Keeping a journal keeps myself honest. And I know that I don't like putting weak numbers up, so it keeps me pushing harder and harder in the gym. Food on the other hand...ugh I have discovered Nutello...nough said there!

I can relate to ^this. If it weren't for Dave keeping me on a VERY tight leash this offseason, I know I'd be hyoooge!

I think Mikaila knew that I wouldn't be able to maintain through the Holidays. We are going to work on my weight and diet after the first of the year.

Sunnyday
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats some great advice! I've got my diet back to normal at least my offseason diet. Plan on doing a little cutting after the first of the year to get it back down and hopefully maintain that until prep starts in March. Seems like it is coming up quickly. Can't wait to step on stage again. Keeping a journal keeps myself honest. And I know that I don't like putting weak numbers up, so it keeps me pushing harder and harder in the gym. Food on the other hand...ugh I have discovered Nutello...nough said there!

I think Mikaila knew that I wouldn't be able to maintain through the Holidays. We are going to work on my weight and diet after the first of the year.

:drool: NUTELLA!!!!!! :drool:

When you get close to your goal weight I will gladly share my recipe for Nutella fudge. It takes that Nutella taste to a whole new level! Plus it travels well to take with you to your next show. ;)

Sunnyday
01-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Sending you some Happy New Year love!! :hugme:

Bronwyn
01-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Hehe I am on the same boat :D I am 154lbs and need to be 130 in lets say 10-11 weeks...

foxieroxie007
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Following along! Getting caught up. Happy New Year! :flowers:

katt981
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
yup - I stepped on the scale a few days ago too... UGH.. that's all I have to say :hypno:

KBigz81
01-02-2012, 08:23 PM
:drool: NUTELLA!!!!!! :drool:

When you get close to your goal weight I will gladly share my recipe for Nutella fudge. It takes that Nutella taste to a whole new level! Plus it travels well to take with you to your next show. ;)

Sending you some Happy New Year love!! :hugme:

Thanks you too Sunny! Nutella fudge??? OMG! God help me :-)

Hehe I am on the same boat :D I am 154lbs and need to be 130 in lets say 10-11 weeks...

I'm sure you'll get there! 24lbs in 10 weeks is alot to lose! Good luck to ya! I've got 7lbs to lose in 3 weeks. It'll probably come off first few weeks from eating clean.

Following along! Getting caught up. Happy New Year! :flowers:
Thanks! Hope you enjoy my journey! Happy New year to you too!

yup - I stepped on the scale a few days ago too... UGH.. that's all I have to say :hypno:

Thats how I felt. I forgot to tell Mikaila Saturday and she checked in with me. She's not to happy with me being at 164. Wants me to be at 157/158 by the 21st when I see her next. So back to my contest diet. I'm sure it'll come off pretty quick by just cleaning up my diet and stop snacking on crap.

KBigz81
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
So I didn't workout yesterday or today due to a shitty cold. I was coughing so hard yesterday that it was causing me to throw up. Tried to workout today and I was getting light headed just training my client. Mikaila wants me to rest up and try and hit it tomorrow. I've got 6-7 lbs to lose by the 21st. SO I'm going to stop snacking on crap (reeses pb cups and nutella) and increase my cardio. I need to get to that weight and maintain until prep starts in 12 weeks.

I'm feeling a bit better tonight, just coughing now and a sore throat.

I started back on BCAA's ALRI chain'd out berry banana, and also started the hydrolyze ultra water. Also going to start eating veggies 2-3 times a day. I'm terrible about eating my veggies. But my stomach always seems to look flatter when I eat them.

Bronwyn
01-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm sure you'll get there! 24lbs in 10 weeks is alot to lose! Good luck to ya! I've got 7lbs to lose in 3 weeks. It'll probably come off first few weeks from eating clean.

Yes, sure when you drop carbs and salt - that all usually make you drop the water weight too - so I bet you will do it!
BTW: MIA the PR in deadlifts. 300 lbs is a hell weight! Congrats (I never reached 300 - my best is 280 lbs :D )

KBigz81
01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Hope everyone is having great start to the New Year. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me. I started off the year w/a shitty cold, that took 4 days to get over. Yesterday Reno and I took a drive out to Canton,IL to check out a new gym that a buddy of his is opening. To my surprise he offered me a personal training gig, is going to advertise me in the local paper, and also offered to sponsor me for Jr Nats. HMMM let me think about that for a sec....YES! Only problem is that if Gold's were to find out that I'm training at another gym I could get kicked out of the gym. YES they are aholes! So I'm going to have to wait about 12 weeks when 2 of my current clients contracts are up and see if they will switch gyms. Still very excited for the opportunity. The current head trainer at Golds does nothing to promote me and a semi pro football player. He's an idiot because he could make a killing off of us.

So here are my workouts for the last 3 days.
1-6-12 Back/Shoulders
Hammer strength rows 270x4x4x4x5x4x4 90 sec rest bet each set
chinups 0x8x8x6
Cable seated low rows 105x15 120x12 135x10
Smith shrugs 135x17x17x17
DB pullover 35x18 35x16 concentrated on a deep stretch
Hammer strength shoulder press 160x8x8x8
decline db side raise 20x15 20x15 15x20
reverse pec dec 70x30 70x30

1-7-12 Chest/Arms
DB Incline bench 130x5x5x5x5x5x5
DB Decline bench 100x10x10x10
Hammer chest 70x12x12x12
Pec dec 100x16 100x16 drop 80x6 drop 50x6
preacher curl 55x8x8 45x9
concentration curl 20x15x15
spider curls 20x15x15
seated tricep ext 60x12x12x12
tricep pressdown 130x12 110x15
cable kickback 20x15x25

1-8-12 Legs
Leg press 670x6 760x5x5x5x5x5
step up 2ft high 50x10x10x10
kettlebell romanians 60x17x16x15
standing leg curl 40x12 30x15
leg ext 140x20 140x12 drop 110x4 70x3
seated leg curl 110x15x15
donkey calf raise 255x15x12
calf press 425x18x18
The drive home was brutal. I almost pulled over to the side of the road to throw up. Good sign that I put everything into that workout.

Sunnyday
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
^Impressive stuff!

Congrats on the sponsorship! Hope everything works out with your clients moving over to the other gym.

Bronwyn
01-10-2012, 03:57 AM
Congrats tot the opportunity. I think the new gym offering you definatelly better service than the old one. And manager of the gym you are training in is stupid - as if you are a good coach I think clients may follow you! Therefore he will lost their membership fees... not only the coach. Anyway here it is the same situation in my country. More - here you have to PAY a fee to the gym that you may train your clients on their stuff.... that is why I went off this bussiness here and I work in the office...

Bekim Rizvani
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Where do they get some of the trainers there? Some of them look like they never have done any kind of exercise in there lives. Sometimes the clients look better then the trainers. Then they have them do the most restarted exercises, shit that you could do yourself at home. What is the point in joining the gym in the first place.

KBigz81
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
^Impressive stuff!

Congrats on the sponsorship! Hope everything works out with your clients moving over to the other gym.

Thanks! Seems like some things are looking up for me.

Congrats tot the opportunity. I think the new gym offering you definatelly better service than the old one. And manager of the gym you are training in is stupid - as if you are a good coach I think clients may follow you! Therefore he will lost their membership fees... not only the coach. Anyway here it is the same situation in my country. More - here you have to PAY a fee to the gym that you may train your clients on their stuff.... that is why I went off this bussiness here and I work in the office...

I've tried explaining that to the head trainer. He's just LAZY! We also have to have 25 paid sessions a month to get our "free" membership. So basically I'm paying them to train their if I don't get that. Well for December I only had 20 so for the first time I had to pay my membership. Thats crap! Especially being that it was Christmas time. People go on vacation, spend time with their families and the head guy told me that I have to make them accountable for missing time. BS!

Where do they get some of the trainers there? Some of them look like they never have done any kind of exercise in there lives. Sometimes the clients look better then the trainers. Then they have them do the most restarted exercises, shit that you could do yourself at home. What is the point in joining the gym in the first place.

I don't know Bekim. I heard that one old gal telling someone to do a squat when it was really a lunge. :no:
She really doesn't have a clue what she is doing. And most of them don't pay attention to what the client is doing especially w/the kettlebells. I'm waiting for someone to throw out their back doing those.

The Prodigy
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Congrats lady! That is awesome! SO glad to hear you are doing well!

KBigz81
01-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Not much to report of. I managed to fall down my stairs Tuesday morning and paid for it in my workouts for the rest of the week. Had a deep bruise in my right shoulder (one I had surgery on). Finally got a good workout in on Saturday. I've been pretty busy with clients, my main job, and working myself out. It sucks trying to get those 25 paid sessions in a month. Only have so many hours in the day.

I'm heading up to Chicago next Saturday to workout with Mikaila. This time I'm going to get an I-pass for the tollways. I forgot to pay the tolls last time I went up and they ended up fining me 20 bucks per toll and I went through 4!! Expensive lesson! Doh!

The Prodigy
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Let me know if you want to meet up while you are in town, or if you need any Species stuff!

KBigz81
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
So my husband started nursing school on Sunday and will be in it for the next 20 months straight! I'm trying to stay out of the house as much as possible. I hate bothering him, the homework is already pretty intense. So that gives me an excuse to go to the Arnold for the first time ever!!! I was planning going by myself which it would be a 5 hour drive. Not so bad...but one of my clients that I'm training for her first figure show wanted to go also. SO I have someone to go halvsies on hotel and gas.. I'm so stinking excited. We are planing on leaving early like 5 ish Saturday morning. Is one day enough for the expo?? We are also planning on the finals Saturday night. Are the tickets the same for the womens and mens finals or are they seperate tickets?

The Prodigy
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
To bad we don't live closer...I would jump in with yah! The expo gets old fast and the tickets for finals are expensive as hell!!

Suzanne
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Catching up in your journal. The arnold will be fun. Wish we could go this year. Keep up al the hard work

Sunnyday
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
So excited for you! I've never been to the Arnold, always wanted to go. :)

lgcanski
01-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Tickets are different for the womens and mens finals. Mens finals R on Sat eve. Expo ticket is seperate as well. I recommend going to the expo early on Friday....that way you can see the prejudging of the women during the expo up close (no extra fee or ticket). Get a seat during the event just prior to the women's prejudging and you will have a front row experience. It's open seating just behind the media...you may have to sit thru some arm wrestling or something for a bit, but it is worth it. If you dont' have your ticket for the finals now you will be in the back of the Theatre. Regardless, It's a great stage/show and they have big screens so you can see the BB's a bit closer. The expo gets old fast, very hot and shoulder to shoulder people. If you want pics/autographs/and free samples be prepared to wait in very long lines thru the day. Lots of MMA crowd. Have fun, it is an interesting experience :)

Bronwyn
01-23-2012, 04:38 AM
I am looking forward to see your AC experience. I wanted to visit it one day too, but flytickets from Europe and mainly stay in costs are crazy in Columbus. I realized hotels there are more expensive than in LV when we were there for Olympia....
Must be great waiting for that.

KBigz81
01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I think we found a hotel for 100 bucks a night. We are taking igcanski's advice and going Friday night. We really don't want to spend 80 dollars a ticket on Finals Saturday night. Wish I could afford it, but I'm on a tight budget with prep coming up fast!

Bronwyn
01-24-2012, 05:06 AM
100 for both for one night?
I think in Vegas at Olympia we found Ramada hotel 45/night for both of us... so still Columbus is expensive city.

I see it with the budget - guess that one flyticket from our country to USA and back is 1000-1500 USD for one person....:no:

stephaniewilles
01-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Hello there lady!!!

Just trying to get caught up here on your journal. So how are you doing after the fall? Hope your ok. That is awful!
And your going to the Arnold? Kick ASS!!! I have always wanted to go but it's just not in the cards right now. A friend of mine is doing the amateur figure there. Gosh I guess its only like 5 weeks away now huh? Awesome!!!

KBigz81
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
That is like the 20th time I have fall down my stairs. I'm so clumsy I full up them too....lol But this time I hit the back of my head off a stair and felt pretty sick afterwards, so I'm pretty sure I got a concussion. So I did take a little break in the gym after that. My joints have been absolutely killing me and I just get weaker and weaker each week so I knew it was time for a break. Back in the gym yesterday...and I'm also 20 weeks out from Jr Nats and plan on no more breaks. So I will be starting prep diet 12 weeks out, but until then I'm cleaning things up and will have no more cheats. I would like to start off around 157 12 weeks out and right now I'm at 168. So I guess its like a pre diet to my diet... Will be training at the new gym in Canton where the owner will be sponsoring me. Its such a nice gym and of course since the equipment is new its all really nice. I wish I could join it but its a 30 min drive from my house and 45 mins from my work. But I get to train there for free so it will be my weekend gym.

1/28/12 Back/Cardio

Barbell rows - 185x6x3
Hammer pulldowns 200x10x4
unilateral hammer rows - 130x8x4
Straight arm pushdowns (drop) 120x 10 90x6 50x4 30 x2

20 mins on elliptical and then 25 mins on Helix lateral trainer 3000. Holy crap that is by far the hardest cardio machine I've ever used. If you sit really low on it makes your glutes and legs burn so bad!

Shoulders/tris/cardio
Hammer shoulder press 130 x 10-12 x 4
Front raises 30x12 35x10 40x8
DB shrugs 90's x 10 x 4
behind the back smith shrugs 225 x 6 x 3
side delt machine 90 x 15 x 4
Cable tri pressdowns 150 x 10 x 4
Overhead tri ext 80x8 70x12x2
Hammer dip 120 x 15-20 x 3

45 mins treadmill at 8% incline

stephaniewilles
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
That is like the 20th time I have fall down my stairs. I'm so clumsy I full up them too....lol But this time I hit the back of my head off a stair and felt pretty sick afterwards, so I'm pretty sure I got a concussion. So I did take a little break in the gym after that. My joints have been absolutely killing me and I just get weaker and weaker each week so I knew it was time for a break. Back in the gym yesterday...and I'm also 20 weeks out from Jr Nats and plan on no more breaks. So I will be starting prep diet 12 weeks out, but until then I'm cleaning things up and will have no more cheats. I would like to start off around 157 12 weeks out and right now I'm at 168. So I guess its like a pre diet to my diet... Will be training at the new gym in Canton where the owner will be sponsoring me. Its such a nice gym and of course since the equipment is new its all really nice. I wish I could join it but its a 30 min drive from my house and 45 mins from my work. But I get to train there for free so it will be my weekend gym.

1/28/12 Back/Cardio

Barbell rows - 185x6x3
Hammer pulldowns 200x10x4
unilateral hammer rows - 130x8x4
Straight arm pushdowns (drop) 120x 10 90x6 50x4 30 x2

20 mins on elliptical and then 25 mins on Helix lateral trainer 3000. Holy crap that is by far the hardest cardio machine I've ever used. If you sit really low on it makes your glutes and legs burn so bad!

Shoulders/tris/cardio
Hammer shoulder press 130 x 10-12 x 4
Front raises 30x12 35x10 40x8
DB shrugs 90's x 10 x 4
behind the back smith shrugs 225 x 6 x 3
side delt machine 90 x 15 x 4
Cable tri pressdowns 150 x 10 x 4
Overhead tri ext 80x8 70x12x2
Hammer dip 120 x 15-20 x 3

45 mins treadmill at 8% incline

You totally sound like me... a pre diet to the diet!!! Geesh....hahahahaha

Gone are the days when I didn't have to count calories!
Hope your feeling better my goodness, do not fall down or up those stairs anymore girl!!!

KBigz81
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Not a bad week so far, its always a good week when I haven't fallen down the stairs. I hardly see Reno right now, he's either studying or at school. Only 19 more months to go! I started cleaning my diet up as of Sunday, and then a glass company brought in a cinnamon roll to my office. 114232

I did not have any but I think I got a sugar high just smelling it!

Last night I worke arms. It was an awesome arm workout!
seated db curls 30x12x3
overhead tri ext 70x10x3
db preacher curl 25x12 30x10x2
single arm tri pressdown 60x12x3
hammer rop curl 80x15x3
bench dips 2x25

30 mins of various cardio...was a little add last night and couldn't stay on one machine. It all started when the girl next to me was sweating out beer and garlic. Gross!

Sunnyday
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
LOL!! I have soooo been there getting a sugar high when I'm prepping and in the same room as stuff like that! I thought I was the only one. :D

KBigz81
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
So its been a little bit hectic the past few days...had to make some budget changes because my hubby is losing his unemployment in a month. SO I had to change my prep coach. Was really bummed out because I like Mikaila so much, but unfortonutley she is way out my budget. Lucky for me I have been saving for prep and can still do JR Nats just with someone that I can afford....fn sucks being broke! Reno can't get a job with being in nursing school full time. So its all me until his student loans kick in to help us out. Also I've already bought my tickets for Arnold and hotel so I'm still going to that. So much going on and not using Mikaila for prep was a very hard decision to make, one that I didn't want to make. It is what it is and I have to move on.

Going into the gym tonight to work chest and cardio.

foxieroxie007
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Holy crap, that just made my stomach growl!

Hopefully you'll find someone just as great as Mikaila for the time being. It totally sucks to have a monkey wrench thrown right in the middle of your game plan.

Sunnyday
02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Wow, that is sooo hard to have to leave your coach! I would be sooo upset if I had to leave Dave! :byeg:Hope you can find a great sub within your budget.

Bronwyn
02-03-2012, 04:00 AM
I see :( it is very hard to cutting the budget DURING the prep. I hope that you will find someone cheaper to may trust to. I prepared alone many times... for example this year too. But I may rely on what my previous coach learned me.... Also I hate the feeling of the change itself - it definatelly may break many plans. Good you still go to Arnold - I think will be a good experience.... and good luck to you both.

The Prodigy
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Try to think positive...everything happens for a reason! Maybe you will find a coach you love equally if not MORE!!!

Hugs mama!

KBigz81
02-05-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm feeling positive now...I did pic my new coach and will let you all know who it is once everything is complete. But I'm super excited though...I start prep in 1 week :-) Went in for a back workout at the gym in Canton and had a really good workout. Started my workout with this sign all over the gym. Now mind you this a brand new gym so the equipment is very nice, and then you have tools that do this crap.114502

Hammer pulldowns 90x15 180x12 270x6 270x6
DB rows 70x12 80x10 90x8 100x8 his db's only go up to 100 i talked him into order bigger ones...
Deadlift from the floor 135x15 225x10 285x6 285x6
Low cable rows 120x15 160x10 drop set 160x10 120x5 80x4
reverse hyper extensions 50x15x2

Bronwyn
02-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Great you found another coach. Good luck...

Sunnyday
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Guess I should be thankful the signs posted in my little health club of a gym only say "no sandals" LOL!

KBigz81
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I officially have diet in hand and I am working with Palumbo. I'm so excited...is it weird that I'm excited to start prep? Maybe I'm tired of feeling like a line backer.

Sunnyday
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey...congrats on working with Palumbo!

I don't think it's weird to be excited about a diet. I've been eating the same "6 foods that work" for a year and I still get excited about waking up and eating those same 6 foods. Then again, I'm also a freak...so maybe you are weird compared to everyone else but me. :)

Suzanne
02-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Cinnamin Roll looks delish!

When we went to the Arnold we stayed at an extended stay for like 50-60$ and best part is full kitchen

Bronwyn
02-10-2012, 03:33 AM
I officially have diet in hand and I am working with Palumbo. I'm so excited...is it weird that I'm excited to start prep? Maybe I'm tired of feeling like a line backer.

With Dave? Great! I think he is a great man and have big knowledge about that all. You will surelly do well with him :)

KBigz81
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm now 18 weeks out!! I started dieting as of today even though I've been cleaning things up for the past 2 weeks. Starting weight is 166.9. I unfortunately started off my prep with back spasms that have not gone away. The only thing that has helped is muscle relaxers. I have been going through a depressive phase, so sometimes my back issues come back when I'm depressed. Weird how depression can effect your entire body.

KBigz81
02-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Hey...congrats on working with Palumbo!

I don't think it's weird to be excited about a diet. I've been eating the same "6 foods that work" for a year and I still get excited about waking up and eating those same 6 foods. Then again, I'm also a freak...so maybe you are weird compared to everyone else but me. :)

Oh I'm a freak too....I think you have to be a little off to eat the same 6 meals everyday...haha

Cinnamin Roll looks delish!

When we went to the Arnold we stayed at an extended stay for like 50-60$ and best part is full kitchen

Amanda and I are staying at the East Suites. I think like 70 bucks a night. We may stay Saturday night depending on how exhausted we are Saturday. Its a 5.5 hour drive from Peoria so we'll see. Oh the cinnamon roll smelled sooo good. Dave will be allowing cheats once a week for now, just have to keep it controlled. I'll take anything though :-) Oh and I hope you don't mind I tried out one of your shoulder workouts last week. The workout where you have to superset full db lats w/partial raises. OMG that was BRUTAL! I couldn't move my arms for a few days. I just needed something different for that day.

With Dave? Great! I think he is a great man and have big knowledge about that all. You will surelly do well with him :)

Dave does know his shit and he's very prompt getting back to me.

Bronwyn
02-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Dave does know his shit and he's very prompt getting back to me.

I met him at USAs - he is a great man :) Gave me the space to tape training in Vegas for RX and helped to get me to Species booth. I am very thankfull to him :)

The Prodigy
02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I only have one word for you YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Welcome to the Palumbo keto world. I know this diet like the back of my hand. I have asked EVERY question their is and read every thread in the world about it! it is THE ONLY thing that works for me!

I know you will do great!

KBigz81
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow I haven't posted on here in over a week...oops! I've actually been sick since I started my prep so I'm down 6lbs already :-) I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr but I may have had food poisoning or a Parasite. My mom has been freaking out that I have ulcerative colitis like her. But I couldn't workout 3 days last week because it was so bad. I was eliminating so many things, and nothing was stopping my "stomach issue". I also broke out in hives and figured out that I was having an allergic reaction to the Arthrolyze. I am allergic to shellfish but I've taken Arthrolyze before and never had a reaction before from the Glucosamine. So its been a very rough week and I'm exhausted and get easily fatigued. Not a great start to prep! Just hope I can find out what I have and get rid of it fast!

KBigz81
02-20-2012, 09:43 PM

17 weeks out 164.9 So excited where I am at right now!!

Bronwyn
02-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Get well soon.

Suzanne
02-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry to hear you haven't been well. We had food poisoning once worst thing ever! wanted to die!

Borrow away on the WOs. I wish my dlets would hurt for days. They are one bodypart that never gets DOMS

The Prodigy
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Hope you are feeling better! I hate getting sick during prep!

Sunnyday
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon! :flowers:

KBigz81
02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear you haven't been well. We had food poisoning once worst thing ever! wanted to die!

Borrow away on the WOs. I wish my dlets would hurt for days. They are one bodypart that never gets DOMS

Thank you! I have the same issue with my delts. I also don't see to get a pump in my shoulders either. I've tried lightening up the weight and work high rep and focusing on the rep and I end up getting pooped out very quickly. But for some reason that workout did it for me. I had a great pump and doms for a few days. Nice for a change!

KBigz81
02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks all! Got my lab back and the nurse said it wasn't a parasite or bacteria infection and the Dr was going to call me tomorrow. Now I'm a little worried what it could be. Its calmed down a little but can hit me at any time no matter what I eat. I'm drinking more water than usual to make sure I stay hydrated.

I'm not killing it in the gym since I don't want to wear myself down with me being sick. I don't want to push it too hard where I can't lift at all. I'm doing 30 mins of cardio a day right now, Dave hasn't made any changes yet since I'm losing about 2lbs a week. See where I'm at this weekend :-)

Andersen
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Hoping the best for you Kelly.

You are definitely a trooper.

TOUGH CHICKS ROCK !! ;)

KBigz81
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey all! I'll be at the Arnold on Friday and Saturdy and I would love to meet alot of the people that have helped me stay motivated. Hit me up for my number and we can meet somewhere!

Suzanne
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Are you feeling better? Did you hear from Dr?

HAve a great time at teh Arnold!!!

The Prodigy
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Don't forget to find the RX crew!

KBigz81
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
There is a bad strain of a gastrointestinal flu going around in Peoria. And it affected me for almost 2 weeks. That absolutley sucked ass!

I can't wait to meet all the people that I talk to on RX and facebook on regular basis. Going to be an awesome experience for sure! Of course I'm going to stop by the Species booth. I want to get my hands on some that new preworkout supp. Nitrolyze...excited about that!

OMG I'm so fn hungry since I started on Dave's diet. I've done keto before and I don't remember being this hungry. I literally count down the hours until I can eat again. I'm also used to chewing gum and of course I had to completely stop that. Also my weight is up and down like a roller coaster. Good thing is that I'm looking better each week but yet my weight has stayed the same. Dave has only had to make a change once so far so I'm happy with that.

Sunnyday
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I cut out the chewing gum too. It took me a few weeks to get used to not having it all the time but during that time I also noticed my stomach was noticeably flatter and I was less gassy. When I add it back in, the bloat and extra gas come right back. That's all it took to kick my gum habit!

Glad you're beginning to feel better. :hugme: Stomach bugs are AWFUL!

Have fun at the Arnold!

The Prodigy
03-04-2012, 11:03 PM
I cut out the chewing gum too. It took me a few weeks to get used to not having it all the time but during that time I also noticed my stomach was noticeably flatter and I was less gassy. When I add it back in, the bloat and extra gas come right back. That's all it took to kick my gum habit!

Glad you're beginning to feel better. :hugme: Stomach bugs are AWFUL!

Have fun at the Arnold!

I had to eliminate pop, gum, crystal light and sparkling waters...that was HARD to do! I can't have crystal light or gum when dieting but not having my one can of pop a day was hard to cope with!

KBigz81
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I had to eliminate pop, gum, crystal light and sparkling waters...that was HARD to do! I can't have crystal light or gum when dieting but not having my one can of pop a day was hard to cope with!

Why did you have to eliminate soda?? Kinda curious to see if I should or not.

KBigz81
03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I had soo much fun at the Arnold!!!! Met some very cool people who motivated me to kick some major ass at Jr Nats. That was such an awesome experience. We went Friday and Saturday to the expo and went to womens finals. That actually gave me goose bumps watching those gals on stage. My favorite has to be Alina Popa. She is so beautiful and her physique is just out of this world! So here is some pics from the weekend. Just post a few of my faves!116127116128116129116130

Andersen
03-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I had soo much fun at the Arnold!!!! Met some very cool people who motivated me to kick some major ass at Jr Nats. That was such an awesome experience. We went Friday and Saturday to the expo and went to womens finals. That actually gave me goose bumps watching those gals on stage. My favorite has to be Alina Popa. She is so beautiful and her physique is just out of this world! So here is some pics from the weekend. Just post a few of my faves!

The first pic of you and Zoa Lindsay is really something.
You are nearly as big as she is and she's a 2nd year pro.

I say it won't be long until you join her on that level.

KBigz81
03-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Omg. She is a monster compared to me. I have a long ways to go to get to her level. Thanks for the compliment though. Her delts are out of this world! I will get there someday!

Sunnyday
03-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Love the pics, especially the one with Zoa 'cuz I think she is da BOMB!!

Being at the Arnold while in prep has just got to amp up your motivation about 1000-fold!

The Prodigy
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Spotlight On: NPC Female Bodybuilder Kelly Bigliazzi

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/5157-spotlight-on-npc-female-bodybuilder-kelly-d-bigliazzi.html

KBigz81
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
This is sooo awesome!! Thanks so much Gail! You have no idea how much motivation this is giving me. Its almost overwhelming the amount of support I get from my friends and family.

The Prodigy
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
My pleasure.....this is what I love about my job...promoting others and watching others succeed truly makes me happy....

KBigz81
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
oh protein veg days you will be the death of me!!

tammyp
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
great meeting u pretty girl!!!!!!!!

lgcanski
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM

The first 3 days suck, but , it will get better! You will adjust. Good luck and keep positive. ;)

The Prodigy
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM

Those are my favorite!

KBigz81
03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
great meeting u pretty girl!!!!!!!!

Great meeting you too!

The first 3 days suck, but , it will get better! You will adjust. Good luck and keep positive. ;)

I've been on keto for 4 weeks now....I just wanted to bitch about being hungry. LOL

Those are my favorite!

What is wrong with you??? LOL!!!

KBigz81
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
14 weeks out today...I looked back from the last time I was on Keto and saw that once I switched from low carb to Keto I didn't lose much weight but lost a lot of bf in the first month. That's what appears to be happening now. I'm at 166.2 which is only a 4lb weight loss the last 4 weeks. Workouts have been decent. I've got a flare up of tendonitis in my left elbow. I'm getting it worked on by my massage therapist. It gets so bad that I can't push, pull, or grip anything until the ibuprofen kicks in. Hopefully Amanda can take care of it for me.

Got the bike out yesterday for the first time this year. Had to wash and wax for a photo shoot for a clothing shop. She is bringing out a biker clothing line. So that was a lot of fun yesterday. Will post some pictures when they are ready.

KBigz81
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Here are some photos from the photo shoot for biker clothing. I think they turned out pretty good. God my skin is so white!!

katt981
03-16-2012, 01:50 PM
cool pics! Looks like that was a fun time!

Sunnyday
03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
cool pics! Looks like that was a fun time!

x2! :)

KBigz81
03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
OMG it was! Thanks Ladies!

Andersen
03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
OMG it was! Thanks Ladies!

Badass Biker Chick.

Kelly says: "What you looking at me? Yeah this is how I roll."

Very cool indeed. ROCK ON KELLY.;)

Suzanne
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Cool pix!

KBigz81
03-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow I need to catch up on this. So far prep is finally start to come together. I'm really happy on where I'm at, and so is Dave. Other than some lower back issues, which I had taken care of with some ART today. Also looking at getting either a poster peduc or number bed. Any one had luck with these? Our mattress is about 8 years old so we are do for a new one.

Colette Nelson did my evening routine for me which makes things alot easier for me. I drive Reno insane trying to decide what song and how the routine should go. I've got Megan Malone scheduled to do my makeup, and I just need to schedule my tanning from Liquid Sun Rayz and I should be set. One of my clients is going to put some bling on my purple suit for the evening. I'm so stinking excited for Jr Nats!!

Here are some photos of 12 weeks out now and 12 weeks out from last competition. Last time I was 159 at 12 weeks out and now I'm 165. Biggest difference I see are in my legs, shoulders, and back. Really happy with the difference.117346117347117348117349117350
1st 2 are from 2011...3 in the dark suit are current.

Bronwyn
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi,
I am here after a break and I see a lot of goes here on - congrats to article and Arnold experience - must be great. I remember how overhelming feeling was to be on my ffirst Olympia and FIBO :) I love those huge events....
and to the look - some changes are going on girl, hang on there! I see nice improvements from the time you started... good luck this year.

katt981
03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
wow - nice changes!!!

KBigz81
03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys...I feel like I'm falling apart! I wasn't able to lift Saturday (ART day) or Sunday because I was sore from the therapy. Today wasn't much better. Worked Chest/Biceps and I couldn't do a press because my left shoulder is still very sore and weak from the therapy. There is a muscle that feels like a rubber band it feels like it could snap any second. So just did flyes and crossovers for chest. Was also feeling pretty down today for other reasons that are ongoing. Something I have to deal with for the rest of my life....But on a bright side I have a client that is competing in her first figure show this Saturday in Ottawa,IL. She is so excited and she is looking fantastic for only her first show. I'm really having a blast prepping people for shows. Weird how you can do it for other people but can't for yourself even though I know how to do it.

Bronwyn
03-27-2012, 04:00 AM
...But on a bright side I have a client that is competing in her first figure show this Saturday in Ottawa,IL. She is so excited and she is looking fantastic for only her first show. I'm really having a blast prepping people for shows. Weird how you can do it for other people but can't for yourself even though I know how to do it.

It is great to have clients like that. I helped twice some girls with last weeks and peaking for shows - they might to call me anywhere and I remember one calling me 2AM :D but I had so good feeling when I saw they look good than. And I identify with the last sentence. Yes I know I would say "a lot" about food, nutrition, trainings and cardio.... and I can prepare people - but I need someone to watch over me too.... I trained myself now in the gym and did my own diet - based on what my previous coach learned me...however I was still happy when I might to consult with him...

KBigz81
04-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Sorry that I've been MIA. Been making a gym transition and I'm just crazy focused on my prep. Which is paying off because I'm dropping weight like crazy right now. For me that is a freaking miracle. Prep with Dave has been fantastic so far, and so far no major hangups. I do have some pain in my left shoulder that radiates into my bicep on pressing movements. Its affecting the size and hardness of my shoulder. More I'm getting leaner the more I'm noticing it. Dave thinks I'm being paranoid, and my husband says I'm being nitpicky. I just can't get a cap on it. But you are your own worst critic. I'm 9 weeks out and sitting at 159.0. Last photos I posted are at 165 and that was 3 weeks ago. 118874118875118876

The Prodigy
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry that I've been MIA. Been making a gym transition and I'm just crazy focused on my prep. Which is paying off because I'm dropping weight like crazy right now. For me that is a freaking miracle. Prep with Dave has been fantastic so far, and so far no major hangups. I do have some pain in my left shoulder that radiates into my bicep on pressing movements. Its affecting the size and hardness of my shoulder. More I'm getting leaner the more I'm noticing it. Dave thinks I'm being paranoid, and my husband says I'm being nitpicky. I just can't get a cap on it. But you are your own worst critic. I'm 9 weeks out and sitting at 159.0. Last photos I posted are at 165 and that was 3 weeks ago. 118874118875118876

Just focus on getting lean! Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!

Suzanne
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Making progress! Keep it up. I feel ya on the falling apart! lol

KBigz81
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Suzanne and Gail! I'm up to 90 mins so far. Try and get most of it out of the way when I get up. I'm not taking anymore clients on right now and my clients are willing to workout with me so that way I have enough time to get my cardio in. I know its only going to get worse.

Bronwyn
04-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Anyway the change is visible and very nice. And it is great you feel it the way it goes where you need to be :)

KBigz81
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
OMG my glutes and hamstrings are screaming from my leg workout tonight and I still have my 2nd round of cardio to do. On Thursdays I have to workout before my client comes in and then do my 2nd round before going to bed. Makes for a draining day. So its cardio 7am, work 9-5, workout til 6, client at 6, and cardio at 930 ish.

KBigz81
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry just felt like bitching..its a protein veggie day and I'm hungry and grouchy.

Bronwyn
04-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Sorry just felt like bitching..its a protein veggie day and I'm hungry and grouchy.

haha no worry about that we all knows it :D ;)

KBigz81
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Woohoo I finally downloaded tapatalk since i spend 2 hours on a bike or treadmill. So I'm 7 weeks out got a little discouraged. 2 weeks ago I was 159 and now I'm 162 but leaner and harder. Dave wasn't sure what was going on and I have a few ideas. But I think we are just going to see where it goes. I haven't missed a minute of cardio and diet is tight so not possible that it's fat. It's around that time for my period but since I'm not having them right now I wonder if my body is still thinking I need a period. I don't know. I just know I'm looking leaner. Energy is not bad right now and I haven't had one issue about my blood sugar. Which is a miracle. Do just going wait and see about the weight. My chances of getting below 140 for light heavy is pretty slim but I guess I don't know what else Dave has planned for me.

Bronwyn
04-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Hey it may be. I am that type (unfortunatelly as always my days comes around a show)... I do not have real period, as the fat level is low for that, but I have all issues around still the same time of a month - as fatigue, bloatness, tirednees and bitching around. So it may be that your body also still keeps "cycles" in the hormonal level - why not. Unfortunatelly I did not find what to do around the show to NOT be so bloated yet....

KBigz81
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I was freaking a bit but just by looking at pictures I know I'm leaner. Not going to let it get to me anymore. I'm just sitting back and letting everything work for me this time. I'm trying to make this as stress free as possible. Getting a little bit of hassle from family. It really bothered me for about a day and then I was like fuck em. I'm going to enjoy this prep for once. No one is going to get in my way.

Andersen
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Congrats Kelly on your weight class victory. Overall should have been yours as well.

Bronwyn
06-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow Congrats to the victory. You looked great and it looks the diet really worked great for you!

Sunnyday
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Congrats, girl! You looked awesome! X2... the overall should have been yours.

katt981
06-18-2012, 07:03 PM
FANTASTIC! All that hard work really paid off!!!

Andersen
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Great interview here Kelly. Amazed to hear you dropped 30 lbs. during prep.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/rx-girl-videos/5899-kelly-bigliazzi-after-winning-womens-light-hw-class-at-2012-npc-jr-nationals.html

Only thing I disagree with a little bit is the size thing, at least for right now.

And like Dave said it would be cool if you took a shot at the USA championship.

Light Heavyweight have a good history of winning pro cards at that event.

KBigz81
07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey guys!! I have been MIA for a while!! Prep and work have been consuming my life. I will be competing at USA in Vegas. I'm little more than 3 weeks out. Dave has me maintaining since Jr Nats. Other than a motorcycle accident from 2 weeks ago. Got some nice road rash and a concussion and a wake up call to wear a helmet things have been going good. Scars are healing up nicely except for a few spots that were pretty deep from hitting the pavement. (old guy merged into my lane and pushed me into a median) didn't even know I wrecked...someone got his plate number and cops chased him down.

Regarding Jr Nats...I couldn't be any happier than to get overall in LHW in my first National level show. I won't lie I was disappointed with overall decision but that's how it goes. I'm coming in harder and leaner for USA and will show the judges that I can do it again but better. Dave had me coming in at my very best. And really that's all I want with every show is improvement. Of course an IFBB pro card would be nice to go along with that improvement ;)