PDA

View Full Version : Starting my off season

Sheanni
11-24-2011, 01:32 AM
I just finished my 3rd show of the year, competing in the Nationals which were held in Southbeach. I finished Nationals in 8th place, the feed back that i recieved was, im alot more muscular than most girls in my height class, which is figure A, so i need to come in a bit smaller. My trainer has already modified my training and diet plan for my off season, so my main focus is to bring up my upper body a bit and to keep everything else tight. :yep:

tammyp
11-24-2011, 08:37 AM
why not start a journal?

kniespolo
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I keep a Journal, and it has helped me stay on track!! I love it. I write down the times I train, when I eat my meals, when I do my cardio sessions, and everything seems to be so much easier!! It is a great idea :)

The Prodigy
11-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I can move this thread into the Women's training journal section if you would like...let me know!

Sheanni
11-26-2011, 01:12 AM
I can move this thread into the Women's training journal section if you would like...let me know! Yes Gail please move this tread to the training journal section, THANKS

GirlyMuscle
11-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I love your look. Ever think about competing in the women's physique division instead of trying to get smaller?

Erykah
11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I actually competed in your class at south beach placing 5th. And I was also told i was too muscular and vascular... Kind of blew my mind, were competing in figure.. not bikini

Sheanni
12-04-2011, 02:09 AM
I actually competed in your class at south beach placing 5th. And I was also told i was too muscular and vascular... Kind of blew my mind, were competing in figure.. not bikini

I totally agree with you, but unfortunately the Figure division has changed to borderline Bikini at the National level. Lol

Sheanni
12-04-2011, 02:12 AM
I love your look. Ever think about competing in the women's physique division instead of trying to get smaller?
Thank you so much, my trainer has been trying to get me to cross over to physique but i dont like the posing, and i cant wear my heals and be SASSY. Lmao

Sheanni
12-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Well its been 2 weeks since my last show, and i been ENJOYING my off season by indulging in AWESOME food and taking a break from all the heavy lifting. Right now im only training 4 days a week, eating clean 5 days a week, and having cheat meals the other two days. This will be my longest off season, cause i dont plan on hitting the stage again until July 2012.

Sheanni
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Its been almost a month since i started my off season, and ive been doing great with staying 5 to 6lbs off from my competition weight. With the holidays quickly approaching, i must have the STRENGTH, to say NO to that second helping of SWEET POTATOE CHEESE CAKE PIE UMMMMMMMMM. Lmao. This offseason will be about 5 months, so i have a challenging road ahead of me to maintain my weight.

Sheanni
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
As the New Year is quickly approaching us, ive been blessed with an amazing opportunity for the upcoming year, contracts are still be negotiated but either way im ESTATIC.:yep: Ive been doing good with staying on top of my training, but i kinda fell off my diet for about a week and i feel HORRIBLE. LMAO. I plan on going to the Los Angeles Fit Expo to do some Networking and load up on free product at the end of January, i hope to see some of you there.

mcstrick
01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Its been almost a month since i started my off season, and ive been doing great with staying 5 to 6lbs off from my competition weight. With the holidays quickly approaching, i must have the STRENGTH, to say NO to that second helping of SWEET POTATOE CHEESE CAKE PIE UMMMMMMMMM. Lmao. This offseason will be about 5 months, so i have a challenging road ahead of me to maintain my weight.

Hello, I've been on an off season diet/workout since last June and am way passed 5-6 pounds of my last competition weight, but my coach made some adjustments to my meal plan and I'm maintaining..he tells me I'm on track, but I still feel 'fat' even though I weigh 115 right now. Good luck to you. I'll be following your journal and progress. take care and Happy New Year!

Sheanni
01-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Hello, I've been on an off season diet/workout since last June and am way passed 5-6 pounds of my last competition weight, but my coach made some adjustments to my meal plan and I'm maintaining..he tells me I'm on track, but I still feel 'fat' even though I weigh 115 right now. Good luck to you. I'll be following your journal and progress. take care and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to u as well. Dont worry about feeling fat, we as competitors go through a phase of feeling fat during our off season cause we are so use to seeing ourselfs lean most of the time during our competition season. LOL.

Sheanni
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok, so its been a while since ive wrote in my journal, ive been super busy with work, and training. This off season has been amazing, im so proud of myself for staying 6 to 7lbs off from my competition weight and staying on top of my training.:yep:. My goal for this off season was to focus on bringing my legs down and my upper body up, so ive been lifting heavy to bring out my back, lats, and shoulders, and ive been doing alot of running, and light weight, high reps to bring down my legs.

The Prodigy
02-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Way to go girlie! So what is in store for you for thsi year?

Sheanni
02-15-2012, 12:21 AM
This year my plan is to turn PRO!!!!:) This year im going to compete at Jr USA and USA'S.

The Prodigy
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Awesome! How is training going?

Sheanni
02-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Awesome! How is training going?

My training is AWESOME!!

Sheanni
03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
My training will be a little different for the next 2 months. I just got a breast augmentation so I can't train for about a month, and the second month I have to start off with light weights. This is going to be a problem cause I'm use to training heavy.

The Prodigy
03-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Did you go over or under? I found when I had mine done they always over estimated the time it took to heal. You will be surprised how fast it all come back!

Sheanni
03-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I went under the muscle, I hope that I heal pretty fast so I can start back training. Its only been 2 weeks and I'm about to loose my mind. Lmao

Sheanni
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Im a month an a half post op, and im back to my training, i didnt think that i would miss my 2 hour cardio sessions so much. LOL. I still have to take it easy on upper body, but im just happy to be back on my training regimine.:)

The Prodigy
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Yahoo! So glad you are back at it!

Sunnyday
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Stoppin' by to send you some love. Glad everything went well and you're ready to get back into the saddle!

Sheanni
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks so much for the love and support, my next show is July 28th, ive already started my prep to make sure that im ready. My training now consists of majority cardio and moderate weights. I put on muscle really fast, so i had to back up off the weights, and focus on just leaning out.

The Prodigy
05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
How did you like backing off weights?

Sheanni
06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Awwwwwwwww, im about 8 weeks out from my show, and my condition is exactly where i need it to be. My training has been different this time around because i got augmentated back in February, which forced me to back off weight training. Making the decision to get augmentated was the best decision i ever made, not only am i completely happy with my body, it forced me to embrace a new style of training. Im now focusing more on cardio and less on weight training, when i do train with weights, its no more than 10lbs, and since ive started training this way, my condition has came in alot faster. Im super excited about competing this year, my goal and dream is to earn my PRO CARD!!!!!!:D

The Prodigy
06-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Glad your back! Missed yah!

Sheanni
06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Awww thanks

Sheanni
06-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Im five weeks out, im feeling a little exhausted, but i can handle it. Visualizing myself earning my Pro card, makes me want to work harder than ever. :yep:

The Prodigy
06-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Keep pluggin away! Post some pics!!

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
I just had the privilege of earning my pro card at Jr. Nationals in Fitness.. trust me girl.. it'll all seem worth it!! just keep plugging along!

whenever you're feeling down just remember what you're working for, how far you've come, and how this is your goal and dream!!
you can do this girl! =)

Apprime Fit
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Only a few more weeks! Stay focused on your goal! The new additions are going to help you feel even more confident on stage! ;)

Sheanni
07-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I had a blast competing at he USA's this past weekend, i ended up coming in 7th place, everyone thought that i should have been in the top 2 but, the judges know what they are looking for an obviously it wasn't me. Lol. Im ok cause i had a chance to meet some amazing competitors and i absolutely enjoyed just being apart of the show. Since competing is soooooo costly, i wont be competing again until next year, so i will be starting my off season training next week.128599