PDA

View Full Version : New Approach

alainaravens
11-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I realized that I journal daily about my experiences with this sport because I never thought it would help talking to others about it. I have a good feeling that starting this journal may make this prep a whole new experience for me.

I first started in bikini a year ago and did John Hansen’s ABA show and how that came about was I have played sports my whole life and decided to go away to college to play soccer. Along the way I found myself for the first time as the outcast and the little girl everyone walked all over. I became very depressed about it and developed an eating disorder. I think transferred to a school close to home and met some new friends or to me a family at the gym. They all kept telling me I should do a bikini show so I started eating a cleaner diet and working out / lifting for the first time. I only trained for 6 weeks and never had an exact diet. I won the overall then transferred that August to Purdue University. I began partying and going out and before I knew it I gained 25 lbs. Last December I went back home over break and said I need to train for show that is the only way I can get my body back. I took it to a whole new extreme weighing my food, not going out once ( not even for my 21st birthday) I realized I had a goal and I wouldn’t stop till I reached it. I then went on to win the overall bikini at my first NPC show Midwest Open and then placed 3rd at my first national show in June at Jr. Nationals. I couldn’t have asked for a better feeling for all my hard work. That was until my body went into a break down. I gained 15lbs in two weeks after Jr. Nationals and knew I need to make a change and fast. I finally have my metabolism back and a whole new approach to this prep and plan on hitting the stage for Jr. Nationals all over again and taking home that Pro card. Everything happens for a reason and this sport you can never stop learning. I love it and I am so blessed to be able to pick myself back up and to start all over :)
Thank you for everyone for being an inspiration to me